Thread: Fight Night promo discussion thread. (February 13th, 2015)

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Fight Night promo discussion thread. (February 13th, 2015)

Let's make sweet, sweet, feedback love.

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Re: Fight Night promo discussion thread. (February 13th, 2015)

Randy Ramon: It was kind of short, but then again you guys are facing jobbers so it's understandable. Talking about a blind date that lasted about all of 3 minutes could be a metaphor about the level of concern you've given your particular opponents for this card AND the amount of time you think the match it self will take. But I guess that's just me.

Dune: You're are a very worthy opponent indeed. Not many people would train and change up their move-set specifically for an opponent, let alone me. And you had Freeman act as pretty much the standard of truth-bearing in this one. He hit you with hard truth and revealed some of my own as well. He let you know you weren't ready and he made you ready (at least, you'd like to believe he did... ) to face me. Countering someone who goes after one body part is a very good strategy indeed. But in all honesty, the promo felt a bit long winded. What I mean by that is that it felt like a quarter to a half of the promo before you even mentioned Cryos at all. Backstory is fine and all, but (at least with me) if you don't mention your opponent and stay on that topic, the promo's become mostly about you. I'm not sure if that helps, but when you got to the parts about me, I really did enjoy it and the training he underwent. Kind of makes me wonder if Freeman's going to become a permanent fixture in your promos from now on. Great job with this one and may the best man win

Drew Stevenson: That was a very intense promo from you man. Loved the comparison of Princeton to Hitler and Stevenson and Toner wearing WW2 gear that shows they believe this is a war that they're gonna win against him and Quinn. The baptism by fire visual was great as well. One small thing I noticed that I'm not sure I've noticed before is your use of commas before his name in the dialogue instead of colons. Is that personal choice or what? Anyway, highlighting Princeton's misuse of his power and outlining to Quinn that he can't switch sides at the last minute were very good touches as well. Awesome job man.

Eyesnsane: I don't know why, but this promo felt like something John Cena would say. I'm not exactly sure why the troops were included in this one other than the occasional Ooooah, but I did like the promo itself. It reintroduces you to someone who you believe doesn't view you as a credible threat anymore while also giving the new readers a short glimpse into the history of your character. And while the promo may have started off sounding like a Cena promo, it ended like a Punk one which I'm cool with. I felt like the whole promo was just saying where you've been, what you're going to do to Garcia and where you're planning to go from here which is cool. Great job.

Drew Jolson: I thought the whole promo was funny. Just picturing Jolson trying to do a selfie by himself was hilarious. And then him almost complaining about using the stick to cheat was great too. Almost makes me think he's going to use it as a foreign object in this fight. The promo was pretty straightforward, basically running Millar down about how easy it would be to take him out and how you would do literally anything to win the fight. I think it's funny that he's implying that he has a connection with Princeton that doesn't seem to exist. Overall, good job. But I would have liked to have a bit more description about what was going on around you though.

Shannon O'Neal: I like that this is the continuation of her downward spiral after she lost to Gabrielle Montgomery a couple of weeks ago. It's getting more into the mental aspect and what is in her head rather than her physical pain. Once again, O' Neal focuses on what's going on with her instead of her potential opponents to the point where Jack Of Diamonds is basically doing it for her. You can just feel the rift growing between the two of them and I can't wait for the turn-around point. Great work.

I'll add more to this post as more promos are posted, so keep an eye out for an update on this post if you review my promo.
    Last edited by Kilik; 02-17-2015 at 04:29 PM.
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation

[IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

Let Me Take an Elfie

Status

Well, yes, that... but it was more for the comical content - couldn't drag it out much longer without it dragging on, plus didn't have time to. Ha.
    "This reminds me of Santa's workshop, except it smells like mushrooms, and everyone looks like they wanna hurt me!"

Backyarder

Status

Cryos: Good stuff man. Have to admit making a twitter account makes absolutely no sense for a character like Dune...honestly only made it because I was getting bored with the lack of new posts so I figured I'd try and get some talk going. Good on you to call him out for it lol. Your use of Dune's past quotes and the ways you turned them around to benefit yourself were effective - the hourglass turned on its side as not to allow gravity to pull any more sand to the "bottom" and pointing out how a sandstorm being powerful but short-lived and devastating only for those unprepared (unlike yourself) were both well done. Pointing out Dune's legs as his potential weakness as they generate the power that is so essential to his fighting style was clever, as was comparing how you'll wear his legs down as did the erosive force of the CO River in shaping the Grand Canyon. Really enjoyed reading your promo despite my character being bashed throughout ...I called for tough competition and I got it. Looking forward to our match man, best of luck!

Often lost in thought

Status
      Country                    Holy See

For future references; try to post a promo of your own before reading your opponents promo.

Backyarder

Status

Thanks Prem. I know not to treat my promo like a rebuttal though. I'm not going to respond to anything Cryos said in his. I'm about halfway done with Dune's and it has nothing to do with Cryos' work, nor will it. Wasn't trying to cheat or anything....just saw that Kilik had posted and figured after reading it I'd provide some feedback.

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Man I'm really looking forward to Dune v Cryos. I feel like this could turn into a pretty big feud. It just seems like an explosion waiting to happen. Two strong promos from both guys, I'll be sure to review them both after I write my Toner promo.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Thanks for the review Kilik, much obliged brother. The comma after Drew is a personal preference, I've done it for years.

Often lost in thought

Status
      Country                    Holy See

Broke up with girlfriend of 8 months today, not easy to swallow. Can't promo, emotions running wild, I'm sorry.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I understand!

Just take care of yourself, we hope everything gets better and if you need to talk; we're here.

Backyarder

Status

Yeah like Drew said, we're here for you Prem. Always better to get things off your chest than to keep them bottled up inside. Start a thread and pour your heart out if you want.

You've probably seen this a thousand times but it still cracks me up:

God's Gift to God

Status

Can't promo babes. In the middle of a white out and roads are closed. No access to my lappy and I don't have the ability to half ass one on my phone right now. Apologies

ily

On Vacation

Status

Bit cheeky, but I would love some feedback. Not doing an e-fed with this sort of set-up for nearly a decade.

Boobage Expert

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    Broke up with girlfriend of 8 months today, not easy to swallow. Can't promo, emotions running wild, I'm sorry.
    So sorry, we're here for you.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Architect of BTB Shield

Status

Added more reviews to my original post.
    My BTB: 2013-The NXT Generation

[IMG]http://***************/46806_s.gif[/IMG]

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Cryos: This was a very good promo from top to bottom, there's not much to nit pick about. I was entertained by the character and I think you are comfortible with your use of him here and everything just seemed to flow, the apperance of the promo was slick, you could have added color but I do not think not using color took away from it at all. very good writing.

Thank you for the feedback.

Thread Information