Thread: Teen Titans Live Action T.V Show coming?

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Teen Titans Discussion Thread

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...ne-up-revealed

Casting has reportedly begun for TNT's and Warner Bros.' Titans pilot, a live-action television pilot based on the DC Comics series The Teen Titans.

The Titans roster will feature a mix of new and established Teen Titans characters, including Dick Grayson as both Robin and Nightwing, Barbara Gordon, Hawk and Dove, Raven, and Starfire, according to Nerdist.

Per the Nerdist report, Dick Grayson will initially suit up as Robin as he patrols Boston, not Bludhaven, while he is estranged from his mentor Batman. It is expected that Grayson will eventually take on the mantle of Nightwing in the show.

Will a Titans TV Show Mean More DC Universe Splitting? - Channel Surfing Podcast
    10:44
    Barbara Gordon, the iconic redheaded version of Batgirl in the comics, is a wheelchair-bound computer hacker in the pilot. While not referred to by the name (yet?), the character draws inspiration from Oracle, Gordon’s post-Batgirl role in the comics and the Batman: Arkham video game series. She is the only character to not have previously been a member of the Teen Titans.

Hawk and Dove are also said to be in the Titans pilot. Nerdist says the script calls for a romantic pairing of the duo, believed to be the Hank Hall and Dawn Granger. The characters have made guest appearances in Teen Titans comics in the past.

Lastly, the report says established members Raven and Starfire appear at the very end of the pilot. Raven, the teleporting empath, will reportedly be named Rachel Roth. The name was given to the 2000’s version of the character in Geoff John’s run on the Teen Titans comic.

Starfire, an alien princess from the planet Tamaran, is also expected to play a role on the team in the TV show. She has been romantically involved with Dick Grayson in the comics, and could be involved in a potential love triangle scenario in the show with Dick and Barbara.

Cyborg and Beast Boy, two long-time Teen Titans members from both the comics and animated series, are said to not be featured in the pilot.

It was revealed last September that TNT was interested in developing a Teen Titans TV show.

Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind, I Am Legend, Fringe) is executive producing The Titans. His last work on a DC Comics-related project came as writer of Batman & Robin. Marc Haimes (Men in Black II, The Legend of Zorro) will serve as co-executive producer. Goldsman and Haimes will co-write The Titans pilot.
    I always liked the Teen Titans Cartoon on Cartoon Network, but I'm little afraid that a group of Superheroes will work in a Live Action Tv show. I mean we have shows like the Flash, Arrow, but this is a whole different breed of heroes that's going to be used in this show. Also from what I read in the article, theirs already a pilot, we'll see eventually hopefully the show gets the ok from TNT and gets rolling.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 10-01-2018 at 03:41 PM.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Teen Titans Live Action T.V Show coming?

Hopefully Beast Boy and Cyborg do end up joining the Titans shortly in but I can see how that can be hard, unless they make Cyborg closer to the Smallville interpretation where he appears fully human until he starts using the cybernetic implants, Beast Boy transforming into animals will be pretty hard as well for television. It's honestly a bad idea for a TV Show I believe, their powers deal too much with things that would use a fuck ton of effects. If they make it work though, I loved the Teen Titans cartoons so I'll feel obligated to watch.

On Vacation

Status

Yup that's my fear, but if done right it could be one of the top shows on TNT, and one of the most popular shows involving Super Heroes of any kind.

We Are Mythology

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Beast Boy can always be added later since he has no shot of ending up on the big screen but I doubt Cyborg will ever show his face on the series since he is now a founding member of the Justice League. I'm surprised by the addition of Hawk and Dove but I don't object to it. I know Kid Flash and Arsenal are off the market because of The Flash series but I'm wondering if the same goes for Aqualad, Superboy, Wonder Girl, and Donna Troy because of their connection of the other heroes. It seems like Nightwing and Oracle are the only ones that could get through the embargo.

On Vacation

Status

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/12/...-look-revealed

WBTV has debuted the first look of actor Brenton Thwaites in costume as Robin from 2018's Titans series.

Check out Thwaites in the photo below, adapting Robin's iconic look for the live-action streaming show.

Laura Jean Shannon designed the Robin suit for the show, having previously worked on costumes for Black Lightning, Iron Man, The Jungle Book, and more.

Titans' cast also includes Ryan Potter as Beast Boy, Anna Diop as Starfire, Minka Kelly as Dove, Alan Ritchson as Hawk, and more. The show comes from Weed Road Pictures and Berlanti Productions and will follow the super heroes as Dick Grayson puts together his team.
    The look to me looks good, it looks like the New 52 look.

Good or bad I need to see it in Action in a Trailer. It's coming in 2018 the show, really want to know the release date because who knows maybe we get Red Hood in this as well at some point.

Status

The dude playing Robin is like 30 wtf

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    The dude playing Robin is like 30 wtf
    28, but if you've seen any pics of her he still looks a young teenager so you can get away with it. What I see happening is him being Robin all the way through the first Season by the second or third he's Nightwing and I wonder how they are going to do that without having Batsy and him interact at some point on the show. Don't forget people eventually he took the mantel of Batman so here's hoping we see all of this with them I'm pretty sure hearing that their might be a Nightwing Movie in the works in the future.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    28, but if you've seen any pics of her he still looks a young teenager so you can get away with it. What I see happening is him being Robin all the way through the first Season by the second or third he's Nightwing and I wonder how they are going to do that without having Batsy and him interact at some point on the show. Don't forget people eventually he took the mantel of Batman so here's hoping we see all of this with them I'm pretty sure hearing that their might be a Nightwing Movie in the works in the future.
    He'll be 29 going on 30 when the show airs, that's a far cry from 15 years old. He should be half a decade into his stint as Nightwing by this point.
    Last edited by Jiggy; 12-03-2017 at 09:45 AM.

On Vacation

Status

Where's Batman??

Robin: FUCK BATMAN!

It sucks that this Show will be on their Streaming Service, because I'm pretty happy from what I saw to say that it should be on TV and not be hidden away like Star Trek: Discovery was which I thought was a very good Show as well.

On Vacation

Status

On Set Photos of the Team and we got Jason Todd in this fuck yeah. I would hope they would dive into his character being so hard to handle especially for Batman at this time. Imagine if they go into his "death" and coming back in a few Seasons from now!!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Only good thing this thing will have going for them is this story you cant fuck up Jason Todd if they do they are dumb

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Only good thing this thing will have going for them is this story you cant fuck up Jason Todd if they do they are dumb
    Yeah I hope they don't drop the ball on this. Starfire man does she really need to look like a lady of the night leave that for the Comics.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah I hope they don't drop the ball on this. Starfire man does she really need to look like a lady of the night leave that for the Comics.
    casting for show is seriously lacking Arrow reps should of added it to their universe.
    this should of been the girl to play raven

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Way...............BETTER Trailer this time around. We got alot more info on what is going on as it seems Dick already knew all the Titans way before this and Raven was the final piece to the puzzle. I guess people want her power and the other Titans are going to protect. I'm very interested on how they treat Grayson talking about his relationship with Bruce/Batman. Pretty much in the Comics Dick wanted to strike on his own because Bruce still treated him like a kid forgetting he's an Adult can we start to trust him more now. In the Comics Batsy once said that Dick Grayson with all the skills and intelligence he has would be a better Batman than I ever be and that was used in the Comics for a short time. The big news is the Show being on Netflix now! This Show was suppose to be on DC's Streaming Service coming out in a few weeks now I guess they striked a deal with Netflix to put more eyes on the Show bravo.

On Vacation

Status

Just finished Episode 1 of Titans and theirs alot of Meat and Potatoes in this one. I like how it seems they are saying Titans was already a thing and everyone broke out on their own, and Raven is the last piece to the puzzle with their group. Starfire has been looking for her it seems awhile and people can breathe easy because she doesn't remember who or what she is, so expect her look to change. I loved the Scene when she used her powers and burnt those guys Extra Crispy style.

Raven herself came off good so far, she's had a troubled life and a crazy few days I look forward to how they handle her. I guess she blacks out when her powers are unleashed which is why she doesn't know what happened to that Assassin who wanted to kill her. It is interesting that she knew pretty much knew where to find Dick Grayson. I wonder how long has she been having these dreams locked away in her Room with multiple Crosses on her Door? It does seem to easy that she found Robin so fast, but hey it's a Show I'll let it slide.

I think Dick Grayson had the best Scenes in this no doubt in mind. The fight Scene he had perfect and he had some Red Hood type of way of doing things hurting the Thugs more than Batman ever would. Fuck Batman is right and I have a feeling we see the Nightwing Costume one day, maybe if they branch him away and give him his own Show. I did like that Scene when he said to that lady Cop I felt Gotham and got away from my old Partner Batman, because I was becoming too much like him. For sure that was the vibe that was going on in the Comics, Dick wanted to be treated like an Adult and he knew Batman's old ways wasn't going to get the job done with the new era of crime going on. Anyways entertaining Episode I'm sold on this so hard.

On Vacation

Status

Pretty crazy how time flies it feels like just yesterday the first Season finished, and now we get a Season 2 Teaser. All of DC's Shows I feel have been great, Doom Patrol probably the best in my opinion, but this clearly has a major chance to blow away Season 1's greatness.

On Vacation

Status

Shots from Season 2. Raven new look perfection. I'll spoiler tag the Poster hyping the new Season.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-21-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Thread Information