Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: The Brand Split 3.0

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: The Brand Split 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Not necessarily my favourite angle ever but Gabby/
    Shannon quickly comes to mind. Dominant legendary character challenged by a young upstart for months. They go back and forth for ages before finally facing off where Shannon wins and instantly makes the Womens Title seem so much better. Gabs goes heel and Shannon becomes the sympathetic face who dared to challenge the Queen/status quo and won before being beaten down. Gabby goes from lovable face to evil bitch and Shannon goes from a delusional trash talker to a hero.
    The first was great because Shannon got "The Win" against Gabrielle and, like you said, it tilted the landscape and changed the Women's Championship division. I never thought I'd win. I honestly never thought the mods would get through the mental block of Gabrielle being this epic character (completely valid) and you being this epic writer (also completely valid) that couldn't be defeated. You're so good, and Gabrielle has been so good, for so long that it's sometimes tough to imagine you being topped. But that was possibly my best RP ever.

The second was great, not for meaningfulness, but for the actual match and swerve. I've never seen a match in the FWA do a double-turn, but Gabrielle-Shannon II did it and did it so so so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    My favorite, in no particular order:

-Devin Golden and Xavier Xander Xerxes. Great work from TGO but XXX shit the bed with where he went from there.
    It was a long feud, and that is rare.

-Devin Golden and Ryan Rondo VS Stu St.Clair and Ashley O'Ryan and the controversial ladder match
    Born from actual staff room/back room controversy into a legitimately cool angle that could've been better if I could control the outcome of storyline matches in the coming weeks. Unfortunately, I couldn't without it appearing contrived and manipulated. I wanted to have Stu/Rondo defend the belts and Ashley/Golden defend them. The ending, though, was lackluster. The Yurie should've won the match.

This one had the most promise of any angle I've done. It just didn't get executed the way it could've been.[/QUOTE]

-Ryan Rondo VS Mac Michaud for the X-Division title, their classic match at BIB VIII
    This one was really good. So was the Rondo-XXX feud that led to Golden-XXX. The Crossfire Great Siege, being mostly a failure in terms of achievements, produced three really good storylines. The third being Wolf returning from being buried alive.

-The Chris Kennedy/Sarah Wolf/Adrian Wolf love triangle, Chris Kennedy dumping Sarah Wolf for Gabrielle, Wolf angrily taking Sarah back, Gabrielle getting pregnant, Wolf taunting a pregnant Gabrielle to get to Chris Kennedy, putting his hands on Gabrielle's belly, singing rock-a-bye baby and the several months of Kennedy vs Wolf that followed, Kennedy, Back in Business, Payback. That whole deal.
    This one is a top-five angle for me. Maybe top three.

-Devin Golden and Ryan Rondo VS Brian Carter and Ryan Hall (Sunrise-Sunsets first outing, I do believe)
    I preferred Sunrise-Sunset vs. APAB, only if for the payoff and torch-passing.

Other noteworthy ones:
    WOLF vs. Anthony Jackson -- North American Championship feud; WOLF should appear on a lot of these

Draven St. Germain vs. Shane McLean -- Best of Five "Pure Rules" series

Danny Toner vs. RevELution -- it actually was a really fun story arc watching Danny Toner try, try, try and Randy Ramon just being an inch or two better

Stu-Ashley from 2008-2009 -- the original Stu heel turn and the payoff for Ashley at Desert Storm when he won the World Heavyweight Championship

Boudreau-Drazin's second feud

Baphomet-Moira Crawford

Lucian Ace-KAIZEN

Draven St. Germain-Golden

Whyte Thunder-Rondo from last year's BIB.

It's funny. I notice from looking at a lot of these that the best angles rarely are the main event ones or World Championship angles. Should be motivation for some of you midcard and lower-card guys.

But after thinking through it all, I'll choose the (first) Jimmy King takeover angle when we first came to WrestlingClique.com. We used a forum change and turned it into an actually really well done angle, with the ultimate heel trying to make the FWA feel inferior to another e-fed. It was everything the WWF/WCW Invasion angle should've been. More than that, though, it was WOLF's premier run as the ultimate badass face and turned PAJ, Shane McLean and Ryan Rondo into bonafide main-eventers, putting them firmly in top feuds against established people (PAJ vs. Gabrielle; McLean vs. Princeton; Rondo vs. Whyte Thunder/Golden). And it ushered in the "New Era," which in itself was a really enjoyable period.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

WWE Network Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: The Brand Split 3.0

It does seem that non World Title feuds tend to be better. My favourite feuds/angles for my characters are Gabs vs Stu, Gabs vs Shannon, Jack joing AOTF, Jack vs Nemesis, Jack vs Boyka. Theres more freedom to non Title feuds in general because they go on for as long as you want/need them too wheras stretching out a World Title feud doesnt always work out.

FWA/CWA feud is up there but it seemed short for what it was and would have benefitted from some FWA/CWA matches.

Gabs/Shannon was also that rare feud where they looked great at the end. Shannon gets a huge win which she still brags about, which I love by the way. And Gabrielle comes out with all this heat following the second match. From a pure booking standpoint that feud played out perfectly in my opinion.
    Last edited by ETE; 06-10-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

OTE vs APAB

and I did really enjoy Eyes v Juan he and I worked pretty well together

The Franchise

Status

I must have misunderstood you TGO, thought you mean't a specific angle from a specific show. Been drinking all day... Moira/Bapho means so much to me. Had so much fun doing that, and I gave one of the greatest women in FWA her most defining feature. #puttingmyselfover

Feud wise. APAB/Sinful Sensuality, Stu vs. (Fill in the blank for anyone he feuded with), Ewan/AJ, Any feud Gabby was involved with, Crossfire/PWS rofl. Even if PWS is gone... Dunno if I want to go into detail about that. But that shit was epic lol. The good old days where Rebel said the n-word, the infamous femCUM promo, shit hitting the fan when the show was a day or two late... Constant threats of folding the brands back together rofl. Memories.

Anyway. Can't remember. Stu probably remembers better than me how much of that was actually incorporated into actual storylines.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

My favorite one is the same as TGOs. Jimmy King coming to FWA and trying to turn it into a development company for CWA. The Jimmy King vs. Wolf match write up is the best one I have ever done. It was not a wrestling clinic, but it told such a great story.

Wolf vs. Stu is forgotten in all of this. The first chapters were the best. It was designed by Cryonix and Stu and me picked it up later for the round 2 and 3.

Ashley kicking pregnant Jillian. Wolf/Stu being brothers and Ashley kicking Jillian were two best angles from that era.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

God of Destruction

Status

One of my favorite angles was also Ashley/Brian Carter- Carter kidnapped Ashley's son and there was that line "Daddy, he is going to infect me." It was hilarious. It also had a nice happy ending with Collin being all happy about being back with his daddy and getting Aja Melissa as his babysitter.

Tony Juvenille road to BIB IV? The infamous triple threat at BIB between James Sync and Nate Richardson. I am not talking about the backstage politics that made this match happen. One thing that always sticks to my mind is Tony Juvenille vs. Matt Boudreau on Figh Night (Juvenille won) and in a very Cenaish fashion Juvenille cut one of my favorite promos of all the times. It was titles "Dead of an Underdog" He went on saying how everything changed and for the first time ever in his life he goes into a match as a favorite.

Vodka and Venom/Sunrise-Sunset/The Ronnin was great too. I loved how we have done those competitions: drinking contest, guitar hero, DDR and VV, SS always tied the first place and The Ronnin losing them all with the grand finale "We don't care about drinking, dancing or playing. When it comes to wrestling we are number one." or something like that.

Boyka/Severino. The way Severino stalked Karolina Kuiek and all that creepy shit was awesome.

Wolf vs. Thomas Princeton was mentioned. We have done an angle were Princeton put a bounty on Wolf's head. This had ton of potential it just needed an involvement from other parties and we never got that. It would have helped so many guys to go after the money.
    Last edited by Wolfs Rain; 06-11-2015 at 05:13 PM.

Boobage Expert

Status

The kidnapping/hostage triple threat feud between Princeton, Alexx and Carmine was one of my favorites to live out. Not the best angle of all time by any means but it was a good one.

And yeah Wolf that bounty angle was sick! It just needed a bit more of a collaboration from others.

O' Ryan kicking Jillian in the pregnant gut is still one of the most shocking moments of all time to me.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

So what's everyone's favorite Match so far this year?

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by iMatt View Post
    O' Ryan kicking Jillian in the pregnant gut is still one of the most shocking moments of all time to me.
    Heck it was shocking to me! I had no idea it was going to happen. True story. I read it and I was floored lol.
    I simultaneously loved and hated Chris and everyone involved for it. I could have done a few things, but I decided to run with it. That single moment was a hub for so much of what Ashley is after that.

Weird Bitch Energy

Status

Devin Golden vs PAJ, Crossfire.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I really liked Gabrielle vs Rondo. Thought both characters were portrayed well and storyline wise it established the new WHC as a legit Champ while furthering the Gabs/Drew feud. Gabs could afford the loss there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Heck it was shocking to me! I had no idea it was going to happen. True story. I read it and I was floored lol.
    I simultaneously loved and hated Chris and everyone involved for it. I could have done a few things, but I decided to run with it. That single moment was a hub for so much of what Ashley is after that.
    Thats probably the defining angle from Ashley O'Ryan it led to so many other things during his career.

God of Destruction

Status

The best match I have seen since I became a mod once again was Devin Golden vs. Wolf on Crossfire. The only match that had better promos was the Carnal Contendership and I don't count that one.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I really enjoyed PAJ vs. Randy Ramon from a few Crossfire shows back. I also enjoyed Drew Stevenson-Devin Golden from the Crossfire right before Back in Business X. Stu-Randy also was pretty solid. KAIZEN-Lucian from BIB X takes the top spot, though.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information