Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: The Brand Split 3.0

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: Titles

Quote Originally Posted by JiggyJohnElway View Post
    LOL based on this guys knowledge of FWA and the fact that he has only logged in like 5 times and has viewed no FWA threads....

...you can't tell me this isn't somebodies duplicate account.
    Aight, I was going to do this all nice like, especially since I have a tendency to make enemies real fast, but whatevs. I'm too old and grizzled to even remotely care.

I signed up to WC specifically to follow FWA. There was a possibility I was going to bring along a friend or two from my final days doing this in PTC, but eh. I've told the mods here they can trace my IP to every single user who frequents this forum. Why? Because, unless any of you live in the greater Lansing area of Michigan, it's going to come up 'clean'. Want credentials? Most of the places I handled in are now internet dust, but I'll drop a few links: http://prime.e-wrestling.org/bio.php...me=byoungblood http://gtt7.primetimecentral.net/bio...rence_kingsley I don't even know how much of that shit is actually good or stuff I'd put my name to almost a decade later in some respects, but whatever, it's there.

I opened my mouth as a prospective newcomer who thought card status proclamations and the whole haranguing over someone being ready to ascend after half a decade (!) as being red flags.
    Last edited by mrcigarettes; 05-12-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Fight The Power

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mrcigarettes View Post
    Aight, I was going to do this all nice like, especially since I have a tendency to make enemies real fast, but whatevs. I'm too old and grizzled to even remotely care.

I signed up to WC specifically to follow FWA. There was a possibility I was going to bring along a friend or two from my final days doing this in PTC, but eh. I've told the mods here they can trace my IP to every single user who frequents this forum. Why? Because, unless any of you live in the greater Lansing area of Michigan, it's going to come up 'clean'. Want credentials? Most of the places I handled in are now internet dust, but I'll drop a few links: http://prime.e-wrestling.org/bio.php...ge=history#top http://gtt7.primetimecentral.net/bio...rence_kingsley I don't even know how much of that shit is actually good or stuff I'd put my name to almost a decade later in some respects, but whatever, it's there.

I opened my mouth as a prospective newcomer who thought card status proclamations and the whole haranguing over someone being ready to ascend after half a decade (!) as being red flags.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    pk=Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by JiggyJohnElway View Post

So, essentially, this is just one magnificent troll. Sweeeeeell.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

The FWA's Greatest Era?

One for the old timers or those who got to read the FWA's history on PWS. What is everyone's favourite era of the FWA?

Personally mine and I'm not really sure if it fits into one era but it'd be from roughly around 08/09 until 2011/12, I suppose basically the CrossFire era. The FWA had gotten to a point where the roster was so big and so stacked with talented writers that we needed a second show that flourished for years and years. Apart from maybe the Tag division at times there really weren't any weak divisions during that time either. We had a great mix of Main Eventers and up and comers (which we have now as well). There were plenty of great storylines, feuds and writers. And I have to give big props to Matt (iMatt), Stu (Dr. Nash) and Chris (Cryonix) for how hard they worked as mods at the time. This is no slight to the current Mods, or any others previously I was a Mod after the FWA's best era as well, but those three did great things with FN and CF respectively. Writing feuds/segments/etc. for every character and really doing their best to put together great shows. As someone who prefers to manage as little of my characters as possible and not know whats going to happen when I read FWA shows it was always enjoyable to read a cool Jack/Gabs segment.

Then past the shows and promos themselves everything else in the FWA was really thriving as well. I'm guilty of not doing this anymore as well but back in that era promo discussion was thriving, thesedays we get 2-3 reviews and a bunch of chit chat. Show reviews were more indepth and OP was really busy. It might seem thesedays like the FWA wrasslers place to pick up, but in the past so many feuds, alliances or just random convos went down in OP. I became good friends with people through OPing that doesn't happen anymore. And I've discovered while struggling with motivation and having one foot out the door for the past year that those little things, FWA being more active and being more than just shows and promos really kept me interested. The CrossFire era really had it all for me and stands out the most. It was busy and active and had some of the best feuds and writers the FWA has ever had.
    Last edited by ETE; 08-16-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Fight The Power

Status

FWA has been around 9 years and one can surmise that their are only 3 eras, each one spanning 3 years a piece.

Early Era (3 years) 2/5 stars.

Golden Age (3 years) 5/5 stars (will never be topped, but it can be equaled if we ever get back to that level of quality, community interaction and enthusiasm)

Modern Era (3 years) 3/5 stars.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I can't really speak to before my time here, but being apart of two eras by the logic above a see a noticible difference and can relate to ETE's statements regarding OP and reviews, reviews seem to be the new chatbox

Fight The Power

Status

I think ETE is on the money. The worst thing about post PWS FWA is the lack of community interaction. No one OP's anymore. Reviews are given on a "You do me and I'll do you" basis, people flood News and Announcements with several of their own character pieces back to back without lending actions to the others threads. The post PWS has a ton of talent but one flaw about the modern era is that it is the "Me Me Me Era"

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I think ETE is on the money. The worst thing about post PWS FWA is the lack of community interaction. No one OP's anymore. Reviews are given on a "You do me and I'll do you" basis, people flood News and Announcements with several of their own character pieces back to back without lending actions to the others threads. The post PWS has a ton of talent but one flaw about the modern era is that it is the "Me Me Me Era"
    Yeah its the one thing dragging the modern era down particularly after PWS went down it seems. We've still got plenty of great writers, and plenty of great characters. I've enjoyed the CWA stuff and the new era stuff. With plenty of established Main Eventers around and plenty of guys making the jump up to that level along with every division minus the tag division in a good spot the FWA has the potential to be as good as its ever been when it comes to promos and shows. But everything else is pretty dead and the drags the whole FWA down a bit in my opinion.

The Franchise

Status
      Country                    United States

For me, it was the beginning of the brand extension era... The FWA as a whole was really firing on all cylinders on both sides of the fence. Fight Night was the invincible flagship and Crossfire was the scrappy underdog with a chip on its shoulder and something to prove. Both sides had their pros and cons, and obviously I'm biased... but that was the greatest era in my opinion... I really feel we're on the threshold of another boom period. Who knows... we could be looking back at the rebirth as the third golden age of the FWA...

Boobage Expert

Status

I agree the year leading up to the brand extension and the first year of the brand extension with Crossfire is my favorite time. Everything just clicked and the FWA was just massive as a company. I do think we can get to that level again, but I agree one thing that needs to happen for that to work is more interaction. But I think we've taken steps in the right direction.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Fight The Power

Status

I personally think FWA at at it's best the 3 year period between the bands being unified and PWS closing down.

Of course, anyone is going to say the era they were most dominant/prominent in was "the best era" but no other era will touch that. In the main event you had Wolf, Chris Kennedy, Stu St. Clair, Devin Golden, Thomas Princeton, MC Fromage, Ryan Hall, Ashley O'Ryan, Gabrielle, and Jack Severino topping the shared (not split) main event. The bland split saw the same guys in the title scene over and over again on that show. Then in the midcard you had Anthony, PAJ, Ryan Rondo, Alexx, Cameron Cross, Joey Ortiz, Eyensane, Mac Michaud, Drew Stevenson, etc. An ACTUAL tag team division with actual tag teams and not just guys thrown together.

That's why I consider the year before the brand merge leading up to leaving PWS the FWA's "Golden Age". The brand split was a great idea in theory but was only appropriately executed when Chris Stallings was at the helm.
    Last edited by Jiggy; 08-17-2014 at 03:41 PM.

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

We Are Mythology

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I personally think FWA at at it's best the 3 year period between the bands being unified and PWS closing down.

Of course, anyone is going to say the era they were most dominant/prominent in was "the best era" but no other era will touch that. In the main event you had Wolf, Chris Kennedy, Stu, Devin Golden, Thomas Princton, MC Fromage, Ashley O'Ryan, Gabrielle, and Jack Severino topping the shared (not split) main event. The bland split saw the same guys in the title scene over and over again on that show. Then in the midcard you had PAJ, Ryan Rondo, Alexx, Cameron Cross, Joey Ortiz, Michael Garcia, Eyensane, Mac Michaud, Drew Stevenson, etc. An ACTUAL tag team division with actual tag teams and not just guys thrown together. That's why I consider the post year before the brandsplit leading up to leaving PWS the FWA's "Golden Age"
    I believe you left someone out...

Fight The Power

Status

You're right. I want to apologize to Juan Lopez. He held a couple titles in 2011.

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

I'm confused... Who did he leave out? Gryphon was only a rookie at the every end of that era so he doesn't really qualify. It was a good post and I pretty much agree with all of it.

We Are Mythology

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Epicity View Post
    I'm confused... Who did he leave out? Gryphon was only a rookie at the every end of that era so he doesn't really qualify. It was a good post and I pretty much agree with all of it.
    If Garcia is on the list, I should be too!!! We started at the same time.

Fight The Power

Status

Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: Best Era

I actually edited Garcia out a while ago and the only reason he was on their was because I meant Juan Lopez, as they were identical

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Boobage Expert

Status

Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: Best Era

I'd say this is a good time to start a new topic. BEST FINAL MATCH Which FWA wrestler had the best final match of all time? Or at least one who is currently still retired. I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on this. To make things easier as some people did return after they retired it just needs to be that they had a final match with full intention on not coming back AKA it wasn't an angle to draw attention/heat/prestige.

Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: THE FWA Debate Thread - Trending Topic: Best Final Match

I need to be reminded of the final matches in all honesty.

Who did Boudreau, G Rich, Severino all face in their final matches?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Boudreau and G-Rich faced each other. That was a good one.

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I need to be reminded of the final matches in all honesty.

Who did Boudreau, G Rich, Severino all face in their final matches?
    Jack faced Stu, I think Boudreau and G-Rich actually faced each other.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information