Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186
Results 3,701 to 3,712 of 3712

Thread: WWE Network General Discussion Thread

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: WWE Network General Discussion Thread

I know the 4 horsemen, I've never heard of Ric Flair.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

The R-Truth 24 doc is really good. Well worth a watch.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    The R-Truth 24 doc is really good. Well worth a watch.

Hoping to have time to watch this tomorrow. Truth has done so well with the hand he's been dealt so props to him.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Set to debut on the Network after Elimination Chamber is a new doc on FCW. Kinda cool since pre-NXT, the developments haven't received much official talk from the WWE other than very generic mentions of someone being sent there first or demoted. I am pretty curious to hear the WWE's spin on FCW though. Here's a company founded solely so that the people in charge had a place to party in Florida and they severed a great relationship with OVW that helped them create a ton of stars. Meanwhile, the stars homegrown from FCW is pretty low. Yet, WWE's spin is always entertaining, particularly when they don't try to be very accurate. Case in point, the teaser for the special makes it seem as if Charlotte Flair and Daniel Bryan were both products of the FCW system. For Charlotte, she only started training literally a couple of months before FCW was shut down in favor of NXT. Meanwhile, Bryan worked a grand total of one FCW taping before starting up on the original NXT season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxMT_XW2N38

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

The WWE revisionist history makes it so hard for me to watch any of this kind of stuff. This company is so petty in so many ways and has to always look like they are so amazing with everything they do, and never did anything wrong or failed in any way. Just sucks any entertainment out for me

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Completely random, I don't know how long it's been like this, but I just noticed that the WWE Network has Chris Benoit'd Muhammad Hassan. Just like with Benoit or The Rockin' Rebel, all of Hassan's match titles don't refer to him by name. For example, his Great American Bash match against Taker is just titled, "Undertaker competes in a Singles Match". There must still be tags with those three wrestlers' names because when you search for them, you get results, including with Benoit. It's like a search and replace feature. Anything that previously included Muhammad Hassan now lists "Singles Match".

I get that the WWE got in some trouble with Hassan fifteen years ago (Jesus, I can't believe it's been that long), but his name is being treated exactly like the names of literal murderers!

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

WWE are just trying to save everyone from finding the disastrous Benoit vs Hassan match.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    WWE are just trying to save everyone from finding the disastrous Benoit vs Hassan match.
    Since they had one singles match together, I had to see what the WWE Network would title it. As it turns out, the February 28th episode of Raw completely skips even bothering to create a chapter for Benoit vs Hassan. If you didn't know any better, you'd think that episode of Raw had the following segments:

Triple H addresses the WWE Universe (Benoit/Hassan is before the next chapter mark)
    A look at the WWE Hall of Fame Class 2005
    Jonathan Coachman has news for Batista
    Ric Flair warns Triple H of Batista's arrival
    Shelton Benjamin vs Snitsky (28:35 mark)

A half hour before a match? What is this, WCW?

The FCW doc wasn't nearly as retelling of history as I assumed it would be based on other WWE docs. Other than lack of money, it is strictly looking at the company from a positive light rather than the sorta failure that it was. More than anything, my big takeaway from it was how pointless it was to create FCW in the first place. The way they told it, they ended the relationship with OVW before things were even finished being set-up in FCW to the point that they were in such a desperate need for space that they shared a warehouse with canned goods. The claim for the need to launch FCW was that it would attract bigger prospects, but then FCW was given practically zero money to work with which ruins the attraction to come join FCW other than being in such a partying location. Triple H came across as the most logical with his ruling that FCW was kind of silly and that NXT and the performance center is what the WWE should have created five years earlier when they were ditching OVW. Other highlights from the doc was a look at some of the wrestlers who ended up not working out from the ones that were embarrassments to Richie Steamboat's bizarre showcase. Based on the way that they were talking about Steamboat, you'd think that he died or something.

Between the debut of this special and the connection between FCW and Wrestlemania being in Tampa this year, now would be a really good time for the Network to finally upload a batch of FCW episodes. I wouldn't say it's a waste, but it's a missed opportunity to create this Network special without providing subscribers an easy way to see the company for themselves.

People's Champion

Status

March classic content drop is coming on Monday. Once again its pretty fuckin light.

Its 10 episodes of WCW Saturday Night from 1993 and according to wwenetworknews, its all over the place. Gaps galore!!!
    Proud Member of the PC Master Race.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the missing weeks. If WWE's copies are damaged, if they'll be added at a later time, or if the initial reports of what's going to be added isn't 100% accurate. Looking over the dates that will be added, here's what will be missed:

- June 12th - Sting, British Bulldog, and Dustin Rhodes vs Dick Slater and The Wrecking Crew. Seems this was a shortened show, so there's very little value.

- June 26th - Ron Simmons and Ricky Steamboat vs Dick Slater and Paul Orndorff. Seems to be another shortened show.

- July 3rd - The Four Horsemen vs Barry Windham and The Hollywood Blonds. An one hour edition.

- July 10th - Steve Austin vs Paul Roma. I'm thinking this could be slightly shorter than usual.

- July 17th - Dustin Rhodes vs Dick Slater. The rest are all job matches, so I presume it's another shortened show.

- September 4th - Dustin Rhodes vs Rick Rude (Match 2 in best of 3 series). 2 Cold Scorpio vs Yoshi Kwan. Ric Flair, Sting, and British Bulldog vs Harlem Heat and Sid Vicious.

- September 11th - Dustin Rhodes vs Rick Rude (Match 3 in best of 3 series). Ricky Steamboat vs The Equalizer. The Cole Twins vs Harlem Heat.

So in total, seven shows have been apparently omitted. Most of the shows seem to be shortened due to the NBA playoffs. If you're a big Dick Slater fan, you're probably really gutted, but for everyone else, the big misses are the final two episodes since they contain the last two Best of 3 Series matches between Rude and Rhodes. The first match will be on the Network though. Hopefully the omitted episodes will be added, if for nothing else than to allow for the entire Best of 3 Series to be watchable and to get access to that six man tag in July.

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

This is a nice thing to do to be fair. I may just watch every Mania in these self-isolating times.

Tried to embed the tweet but didn't work.

"Beginning today, @WWE is pleased to unlock a vast portion of the WWE Network library and extend free access to thousands of hours of extraordinary on-demand content, including EVERY #WrestleMania!"
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186

Thread Information