Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CWA Adrenaline Rush: February 14th - Atlanta, GA (Preview)

der Soulstealer

Status

Re: CWA Adrenaline Rush: February 14th - Atlanta, GA (Preview)

god damn

Spoiler:

I was a highwayman

Status
      Country                    United States

You know I hate to be a dick but I agree with rage. It seems like it's the same people that need extra time not blaming you if irl gets in the way I've had it happen as well(though I don't remember ever having to miss a show). But we know the due date so far in advance I can usually plan for it. And if you have free day during the week then you should have time to do the rp.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Welp, I'm convinced. With GR's astounding well-thought-out and respectful statement clearly all extensions should be abolished. After all, there is no such thing as unexpected happenings throughout the week when one is trying to write. Laptop breaking? Working overtime? Family members dying or rendered incapacitated, turning someone unable to write through sheer worry or stress? Pfft, yeah right, those are just 'excuses.'

Sarcasm aside, GR, calm the fuck down. There's raising a good point about over-extensions, and then there's having overtly-vitriolic outbursts that take attention away from any decent points you could've raised. Yours was the latter. Besides, I'd rather someone let the staff know about setbacks and to ask for some extra time to adjust to this, than completely no-show without a comment.

You did have a point somewhere in that rant about people relying on extensions too much, but I'm pretty sure you could've phrased it better.
    Last edited by Smooth Jazz Wolf; 02-15-2014 at 05:34 AM.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

Everyones Favourite Troll

Status
      Country                    pt=Portugal

I like Game Rage! I agree with him completely it takes the piss. Extensions should be at most about 6 hours and that's it. If you haven't got anything submitted in that time then tough shit you lose

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Game Rage View Post
    He'll give you another day. I'd give you a "tough shit, get it the fuck together" along with the rest of the regular slackers.

I've kind of had enough of this shit so I'm putting it on blast since Jimmy and the other guys are too nice to say anything.

I'm fucking tired of everyone and their bullshit excuses as to why they can't meat a fucking deadline they know of well in advance. No one is asking or demand that you split atoms or demystify the questions of string theory on an unreasonable time scale. Every fucking time it's the same thing "I need and extension" "I need one too", and it pushes everything back to where nothing is ever done on time. It's a bunch of bullshit and honestly I find it incredibly disrespectful to those who are on time as well as those who have agreed to do the writing. Jimmy King and Cyrus T are patient and kind enough to just let it go and I admire their patience and kindness but from where I'm sitting it's just taken advantage of on a regular basis simple because people know they can get away with it, that they can be late and nothing comes of it.

If it were me you'd just fail to submit and therefore forfeit your match. Maybe that makes me an asshole and maybe it doesn't. In my eyes in makes me someone with standards with the expectations that they are upheld. Oh, and for the cockbites that will say I'm taking shit too seriously, get fucked. I don't miss deadlines. Even if I missed one it would be an extreme irregularity opposed to business as usual as it is for plenty of other people, so I think I can take the moral high ground on this one and have a right to bitch. Finally, I don't want to discourage people from participating by any means, but the shit is getting old and there's no fucking excuse for it. Either get your fucking act together and make sure you come through on your end, or don't waste people's time.

Have a nice fucking day.
    I thought about what I was going to say to this for a little bit as I don't want to start any arguing. But I have Asked for an extension on the last couple of shows. Before that I usually got my rp in ASAP. I've never liked asking for extensions but things have come up for me lately which have caused it. Now I've ready your post a couple of times and clearly you are taking this too seriously by making an issue out of something which whilst I can understand it maybe does get annoying. It really did not need to be put across that way.

I'm probably one of the longest tenured guys on the roster having signed up for CWA in 2011. During that time I've only ever no showed one event. And the only reason I no showed that was because for an entire week I had to take my dog back and forth to the vets before he finally got put down. But according to you. I should have still found time to get an RP in on time. Or how about the other week when I was a few hours late sending in my RP because my mom got sent into hospital. Am I really a slacker for not sending one in on time?

But every time i've been late. I've sent notice as early as I can saying look something has come up. I apologize for being late and I send it in Wednesday morning my time which is only a few hours later then deadline. And I fail to see how me being just a little late because of some personal reasons or others being a little late if they have valid reasons. Can really cause you to get bitchy like that. Because really all you are doing is causing an argument where there doesn't need to be one. Just want to apologize to anyone if i've added to this.

Status

First off, I like Game Rage.

Second, my first extension was granted, and that was on the day of the due date.
    I missed it.

Third, I don't have a computer and I have tons of shit going on right now. So if I miss the due date, fuck it I'll live.

Fourth, my last post wasn't even a request for another extension. I just saw that no show was posted and put if I had a moment to get something in I would turn it in late.

Fifth, suck a fucking bag of dicks.

Good day.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

I agree that The Game Rage went about it a terrible way but guys, it's a gimmick, you gotta stick by it. But yeah, I think the point wasn't that there was no such thing as a real life excuse, the point is that, if you've got something happening all week like say Shade mentioned his dog-veterinary issue, well you'll know that something might come up so you can notify Jimmy King and Cyrus Truth early instead of waiting for the last day, right? Like I had midterms all week so I knew in advance I might struggle but I didn't tell King/Truth because they never really mind all that much and I think them being too easy-going might be a problem. I know this is a very chill e-fed but maybe one should instill a rule that notices for extensions should come at least 24 hours before the deadline. If you have a feeling something's gonna come up, tell the GM, or do your RP in advance. I think most of us who have had an extension can point out an hour or two in the week where they could've done it but they were like 'nah, I'll do it later or ask for an extension' knowing very well that you would get one. But we need to kinda' think about those who do send in on time and those who do meet the deadline, we're making the game less fun for them and we're slowing it down for everyone else. In the few shows I've showed, I don't think I've been the first to ask for an extension, I do believe I asked when someone else asked and it was usually a 'just in case' situation just because I figured that one guy would postpone it anyways. But that just creates a chain reaction and more of us will just end up waiting for the deadline and asking for an extension because it would've happened either way.

I'm a proponent of the last second with no previous warning extension being abolished unless you can logically explain why you couldn't get it in. But if you know that you had the chance to rp but you didn't, and something came up on the last day, well tough luck, that's your fault for choosing the last day to start and you should man up to your decision. If you had something going on all week or you expect something happening on the last day then say it well in advance.

But yeah, TGR, your ridiculous rant really hurt your side of the argument, next time try to be more civilized -_- Jesus fuckin' Christ.

HOSS MOD

Status

...E-fedding is serious business.

But yeah, there's a point in that big block of text Game Rage posted, but at the end of the day I would like to remind you all that:

1) It's the Internet.

2) It's a fictionalized game where we portray professional wrestlers.

3) It's not that serious.

I do appreciate that y'all have kept your civilities and haven't resorted to flaming or spamming, so really I'm just posting this as a pre-emptive block against it. I will admit that we do get very extension heavy and that it would be nice to have everyone's shit in before the deadline. But I remind you, once again, that e-fedding is just a game and that we understand that any number of reasons prevent people from getting stuff in on time. Hell, we've readjusted the schedule to try and make it easier.

I'm sure Jimmy and I will talk about our extension policy in further detail in the Creative Room, but I hope everybody just takes a deep breath and recites the Cyrus T Mantra: "It's the Internet. It's not that serious."

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    ...E-fedding is serious business.

But yeah, there's a point in that big block of text Game Rage posted, but at the end of the day I would like to remind you all that:

1) It's the Internet.

2) It's a fictionalized game where we portray professional wrestlers.

3) It's not that serious.

I do appreciate that y'all have kept your civilities and haven't resorted to flaming or spamming, so really I'm just posting this as a pre-emptive block against it. I will admit that we do get very extension heavy and that it would be nice to have everyone's shit in before the deadline. But I remind you, once again, that e-fedding is just a game and that we understand that any number of reasons prevent people from getting stuff in on time. Hell, we've readjusted the schedule to try and make it easier.

I'm sure Jimmy and I will talk about our extension policy in further detail in the Creative Room, but I hope everybody just takes a deep breath and recites the Cyrus T Mantra: "It's the Internet. It's not that serious."
    1) It's life.

2) It's life.

3) It's more than serious, it's life.

In any case, looking forward to the show.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Maybe its not my place to chime in seeing as I'm not even in CWA, but we previously had widespread extensions in the FWA. They started out as emergency only extensions then just became anyone who asks gets one. And speaking for myself and I'm sure others 99% of the time I'd ask for one was just because I was lazy and kept putting off starting the promo and suddenly find myself facing the deadline with only a sentence written. We've gone back to a stricter emergency only basis and it just means people start their promos sooner and get them in on time. Taking away the option outside of emergencies (procrastination isn't one) is a no brainer. Yes its all just for fun, its only imaginary wrestlers but extensions just push everything back a day or two and hold up the whole process.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Children Calm down. It's just an e-fed. It isn't worth getting mad over.

That is all.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Everyones Favourite Troll

Status
      Country                    pt=Portugal

Would this be a bad time to ask for an extension?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Here I thought I was just being a nice guy and trying to give Benoit more time, and then everything goes to hell.

I can understand your frustrations Game Rage, but if you could please leave that kind of stuff up to myself, Cyrus, and Grim I'd appreciate it. Yeah, maybe I'm too nice and I'm a bit too lenient at times when it comes to extensions but at the same time I understand that some people do have important stuff going on in their lives and most of it can just spring up on them without a moments notice. Again, I can see where you're coming from though in being flustered about the show being pushed back, but please just allow us to deal with that from now on and no more ruffling feathers.

What Cyrus said, we'll go over the extensions rule in the creative room and come up with a solution. Until then everyone please just sit tight, and I promise that show will be put up by the end of this weekend.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

No One

Status

Grim, I don't get it .o.

@MyRecycledBalls

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Don Jon View Post
    Grim, I don't get it .o.
    It was the closest I could find. :/ I thought it was relevant...

Game Rage, next time you have a problem. Talk to one of us. No need to bitch about it in a place like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information