Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: True Detective Discussion

DAMMIT~!

Status

True Detective Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    True Detective is an American television anthology drama series on HBO created and written by Nic Pizzolatto, with the first season directed by Cary Fukunaga. Season one stars Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Monaghan, Kevin Dunn, Tory Kittles, Michael Potts, Alexandra Daddario, and Elizabeth Reaser, and utilizes multiple timelines to trace two Louisiana State Police Criminal Investigations Division homicide detectives' hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana across seventeen years. The premiere season debuted on January 12, 2014 and will consist of eight episodes.
    ------------------

Anyone catch the premiere tonight? I watched it right after the Golden Globes and I must say I'm quite impressed. Really hooked. The only thing I don't like necessarily is the dual timelines. For some reason I can get a bit mixed up with that at times, but overall, love the show. McConaughey's performance is great. Really has me intrigued as to what will happen next and how Cohle and Hart's got to be where they are now. I'll upload the series for people to catch it in case they don't have HBO.

----------------

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Re: True Detective Discussion

A buddy told me about the show maybe a week ago, and saw endless ads for it since. Watched it last night and yeah, I'll keep watching. Looks like a fascinating story. And while Harrison is solid, McConaughey was pretty brilliant in the first episode.

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

Sexually Awkward

Status

Somehow I had no idea this was a thing, but I'd watch McConaughey in anything right now. Downloading the first ep as we speak.

DAMMIT~!

Status

Yeah, I like McConaughey in pretty much anything, but this might just be the best role/performance of his career. I know that's a stretch considering it's only been one episode, but damn is he fucking great in this.

----------------

DAMMIT~!

Status

This show is just so god damn glorious. Everything from the opening intro video, to the music, to the story, to the dialogue is just excellent. McConaughey and Harrelson's characters are top notch. Going to be sad when this season's over and a new story is introduced, because I'm just not sure if it can be topped.

----------------

oG $wank

Status

No doubt I'm about to dl this show and give it a watch. I need a good action/drama series to get hooked to.

The EC: Good for Business.

=======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~
    =======================================================

GANGNAM STYLE

Status

Absolutely dead hooked on this, so good!

DAMMIT~!

Status

Every episode gets better. It's unreal. Who do you guys think will be the main two cast characters next year in place of McConaughey and Harrelson? Who would you pick if you had the chance?
    Last edited by Jack Bauer; 01-29-2014 at 07:31 PM.

----------------

GANGNAM STYLE

Status

I really don't know who could improve on the first series. Whoever it is it will be a daunting task!

DAMMIT~!

Status

I was reading a topic over on Grantland about the same question and someone threw out Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman.

A more realistic pairing that I liked was Jeremy Renner and Anthony Mackie. Solid pairing imo.

----------------

Is Awesome

Status

True Detective Discussion

Josh Brolin & Fassbender
    Dean Winters & Eamonn Walker
    Tom Hardy & Idris Elba
    Last edited by Professor Booty; 01-29-2014 at 07:55 PM.

GANGNAM STYLE

Status

Haha, dream pairing Pitt and Freeman!

Your suggestion sounds good though, love me some Hurt Locker.

Which has has been your favourite episode so far?

DAMMIT~!

Status

I would say the last one personally. Like I said each episode gets better imo. I loved episode 2 in part for Alexandra Daddario's tits and the scene afterwards where McConaughey and Harrelson have a chat in the police station's bathroom. "You should wash up, ya got some pussy on ya."

----------------

GANGNAM STYLE

Status

"True Detective" marked HBO's biggest debut since "Boardwalk Empire" in 2010, and when it returns for its second episode Sunday night (January 19), not only will viewers get more of the pitch-black murder mystery and great performances from Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, but they'll see Alexandra Daddario take on her most mature role to date. The actress is known for her roles in the "Percy Jackson" series and the most recent "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," but on Sunday's episode, "Seeing Things," Daddario takes on a part that she described to MTV News as a "huge challenge." As Lisa Tragnetti, Daddario plays the young woman who has an affair Detective Hart (Harrelson), and after just a brief appearance in the first of eight episodes, her role greatly expands in the second. Speaking with MTV News, Daddario recalled her decision to take on the role and how she approached her revealing scenes with Harrelson. "I think one thing about this role for me was that it was a huge challenge for me, and I saw it as a good challenge. I saw it as an interesting challenge," Daddario said. "I really wanted to be part of the show, and I understood why the nudity and all of that was required of the character.... The character is really different from anything that I've done before. The nudity was just part of that." On the day of the shoot, Daddario took comfort in her more costar, whose experience helped her through a situation that could have been awkward. "Woody has done so many different things. He made the whole situation very comfortable," Daddario said. "It wasn't anything awkward in that sense. I tried not to think about it too much before shooting the more intimate scenes and just sort of did it. [Harrelson] has been there done that. He's Woody Harrelson. If there's anybody that I was going to be comfortable with, it's somebody like him." "Seeing Things" only just started to tell the story of Lisa in the context of Hart's life, and Daddario says that there's likely some trouble coming from the relationship. "I think she's definitely got some issue. Nobody is all good or bad," Daddario said of her character. "If anything, she is probably a little bored and emotionally volatile and naïve. She has probably done things like this before, maybe not exactly how it all turned out. That's her role in Hart's story. She causes problems for him."
    Think I love her a little bit! The quote above is quite a good interview from her, interesting to get into the mind of an actress taking on something like that for the first time. But hey if you've got it, flaunt it!

Is Awesome

Status

yeah she is dynamite alright
    also anyone else notice the preacher at the beginning of episode 3 sounded just like Bray Wyatt

Heel Champion

Status

This is the best show on television, hands down.

The show read and feels like a novel. Each episode, a different chapter, brings you that much closer to the killer. Detective/murder mysteries are a krypton of mine, but True Detective is a breath of fresh air, compared to the usual paint by numbers detective dramas.

DAMMIT~!

Status

This show is so magnificent. Having to go two weeks between episodes seemed like a month. The last 20 or so minutes were some of the most suspenseful moments of television I've seen in quite some time.

Oh, and this line. "You have a terrible bedside manner. You are like the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch."

----------------

Is Awesome

Status

this episode was just off the charts

everything about it was amazing
    Woody's world imploding
    McConaughey going back undercover then having it implode….just fuckin great stuff

DAMMIT~!

Status

Woody's face while reading that letter was great. You could just see and feel the anger. Tremendous acting and writing.

----------------

Is Awesome

Status

sadly I am sure this means no more Daddario which is a shame…but really no more need for side stories the main thing is picking up now

Thread Information