Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

Re: Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    2011 was pretty bad year looking back. Anyanka? Empire X? Moira Crawford? Not to take anything from Moira, but I still don't understand why Porter and Drazin are not inducted of she is in there. Both characters have better legacy than her only difference is that they did not have friends among mods to put the in.
    HOF that year was pretty much my call. Anyanka is one of the great Women's Champs. Empire X were the longest reigning Champs for quite a while, and Moira, well I'm honestly perplexed by how little respect Moira gets looking back. Honestly at a glance you'd swear the character never did anything. X Title and one of the standout X feuds. Women's Title. Tag Titles. World Heavyweight Title. Thats impressive and worthy of a HOF spot. And its not like Drazin or Porter cant be inducted at some point. Duke being better is arguable, saying Porter has a better legacy just shows how little Moira is thought of.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I give her all the respect in the world. I am pointing out how much more deserving characters are left out.

Porter: 2 times X champ, TV champ- longest reigning, NA champ, World champ, Golden opportunity winner, active for more years- Bitch please
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Fearless University

Status

I literally cant name a single Porter feud though. He did some big things, but he never expanded on the character beyond just promos so he never stood out. Not enough quality there in my opinion, his most memorable moment was the flop of a match with Creed and Jolson.

God of Destruction

Status

That is because you were only looking at what is going on with your characters and nothing else over the years.

Fearless University

Status

Okay Mr. psychic psychologist. You'll have to teach me this trick one day where you know what I read.

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Truth be told, this is just me. If I was doing a hall of fame, I'd choose people who did more in their time than those who had outstanding feuds. Drazin and Porter seem to have done more and therefore were more deserving. That's my two cents.

Sent from Tapatalk, bitches.

The Franchise

Status
      Country                    United States

There was an era when FWA had a glut of main eventers that had great promos, but boring-as-shit characters that literally did or said nothing beyond gaming the system for a 70 promo.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Okay Mr. psychic psychologist. You'll have to teach me this trick one day where you know what I read.
    Wolf, I highly ETE of all people doesn't read anyone else's feuds and storylines aside from his own. I know for a fact he does.

On Vacation

Status

I still think of Moira as superior to Ayla. Yes, they had one match years back when Ayla debuted and Ayla beat her, but then Ayla left and I kept reading how many things Moira did. I wasn't around for her many accomplishments, but her name registers to me as a legend.

That being said, I have no idea what constitutes a FWA HoF'er besides winning a title and holding it for a long time and/or being world champ at least once. I mean, how do you really judge who would be in these things? Obviously FWA is different from any real life sports organization. If everyone that was mod and rp'ing right now was gone in five years, who would remember any of the characters from today? So I always thought of the HoF in e-feds (and in WWE) as a way of just paying homage to anyone that really stuck around and helped FWA become what it is today.

I mean, what if someone was in FWA for five years and wrote a match every show and did segments, but never won a title? What if they didn't really have 'memorable' feuds? That rp'er still was an active part of the FWA, so why shouldn't someone like that be in the HoF?

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Born To Die View Post
    I mean, what if someone was in FWA for five years and wrote a match every show and did segments, but never won a title? What if they didn't really have 'memorable' feuds? That rp'er still was an active part of the FWA, so why shouldn't someone like that be in the HoF?
    We would put the real person, like Wolfs Rain or Born to Die or Jiggy, in the HOF but not any character.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fearless University

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Truth be told, this is just me. If I was doing a hall of fame, I'd choose people who did more in their time than those who had outstanding feuds. Drazin and Porter seem to have done more and therefore were more deserving. That's my two cents.

Sent from Tapatalk, bitches.
    Honestly their achievements are all on par. Moira/Jen was the most active though when it came to posting outside of just promos on top of having the most memorable feuds of the three.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

I wasn't around during Jenny Ignito's peak but she seemed a tad overrated from an accomplishments standpoint compared to some of the women from the past five years. She paved the way in the Women's Division, though, and that's where her honors come.

Anyanka had one great run but not much longevity. I wasn't around for Empire X's run but it is a goofy add. Tag teams shouldn't go into the HOF unless it's a situation where they were SO great and didn't do anything separate as singles guys (think APAB). Empire X wasn't even one of the three greatest tag teams in FWA history. They'd be tough to crack the top five, too.

Moira was great but I got to see her in the prime so it's a little biased. Moira was a fantastic character. And she did it in a lot of different feuds, a lot of different divisions. She fought for every title, in every division possible, and the only one she didn't win was the North American Championship. You can't deny her accomplishments or the stories told.

I thought Porter was overrated (he had one great feud, against Rocky Creed for the TV title), but Duke Drazin was awesome. The only reason Moira is in before Duke is because Moira retired before Duke did.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Fearless University

Status

Jenny's pretty much all about her first Women's Title run. There's been longer reigns but in her first one she literally defended the belt against or at least beat everyone else before having 2 Tag Title feuds.

As for EX while they've slipped now, look back at 2010/2011 and they were still up there rankings wise.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Reading that brings back a ton of god memories, will never badmouth anyone else because they deserve to be in. All I can say is it's flattering for Darnell Porter to be mentioned. If he ever gets it that's great, if not that's cool. I had a lot of fun with that character, wish I could have truly gave the full level of the character

Weird Bitch Energy

Status

PORTER!!!

It's never too late man, come back to us!

God of Destruction

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PT15 View Post
    Reading that brings back a ton of god memories, will never badmouth anyone else because they deserve to be in. All I can say is it's flattering for Darnell Porter to be mentioned. If he ever gets it that's great, if not that's cool. I had a lot of fun with that character, wish I could have truly gave the full level of the character
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=161727

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=162183

You can also check these. You are one of the three guys I wanted to see back and thought that there was no chance in hell to meet you on WC

Boobage Expert

Status

Come back to us and expand your legacy! But I believe we were just talking about Porter and how strong he had a run with other titles like 2 X title runs and a nearly year long run with the TV title.

[IMG]http://***************/35750_s.gif[/IMG]
    Saddle Sally 3x FWA Womens Champion
    2013 & 2014 FWA Women Wrestler of the Year

The Semi-Published Works of iMatt

"An Affair of the Youth" feature film production journalElsa, The Great (Frozen fanfic)

Walt County

Curtain Jerker

Status

Flattering but with my schedule I don't know if I could commit to the character and,thd level of excellence this fed,deserves. Gone through a lot of changes it my personal life since,those days. I loved playing the character but just don't know if I can put in the time required. If I can't I wouldn't mind doing character appearances if needed. Always felt the character had more to give but me personally let that down though I will set one record straight. September 2010 when Porter could have legit beat Creed,but didn't promo. That entire week plus some I was in the,hospital because I had my tonsils removed. Now other times I flaked out, dropped the ball but that one time was legit. Had to,address that lol

On Vacation

Status

Flattering but with my schedule I don't know if I could commit to the character and,thd level of excellence this fed,deserves. Gone through a lot of changes it my personal life since,those days. I loved playing the character but just don't know if I can put in the time required. If I can't I wouldn't mind doing character appearances if needed. Always felt the character had more to give but me personally let that down though I will set one record straight. September 2010 when Porter could have legit beat Creed,but didn't promo. That entire week plus some I was in the,hospital because I had my tonsils removed. Now other times I flaked out, dropped the ball but that one time was legit. Had to,address that lol
    Thank you so much for addressing that! I always wondered what happened then, but it's good to have that cleared up after all these years. Not that anyone held that against you. To be honest, we all really want to see you back here. I always thought your character could have gone on so much farther. However, it's understandable if you're busy with your schedule. All that matters is that you drop in from time to time and check in and see how your old stomping ground is going. It's good to see you back here man!

Curtain Jerker

Status

Won't make any promises but would love to do so, as I said I've followed y'all from a far and it's better than ever. The itch is there but I'm a realist, if you guys ever need a cameo, a string of appearances to put the next big wrestler over (ie jericho in wwe now) I'm for it. Who knows my itch still there and there's unfinished business, probably won't happen but who knows

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information