Thread: Promo for Adrenaline Rush

Jobber

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Promo for Adrenaline Rush

"Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkin floods the PA system as JC Epick, dressed in street clothes, steps through the curtain. He rushes down to ringside and demands a microphone. The crowd is completely dead because they have no idea who this man is. Epick jumps on the apron and enters the ring.

JC Epick: I want you all to focus your attention on the titantron, so you can watch the video I filmed last week, that the idiots in the production truck never played on the air.

Everyone directs their attention to the titantron as the video begins to play.

JC Epick is shown outside the arena, standing on the sidewalk.

JC Epick: I'm sure some of you smart wrestling fans know who I am, right? I'm JC Epick. I'm that guy who has busted his ass on wrestling rings made of concrete in high school gyms the past ten years. I'm the guy who grew up wrestling in a backyard. I am that guy that is an addict standing on the side of the road, begging for drugs. I am addicted to professional wrestling, and I am standing outside the arena where Adrenaline Rush is taking place tonight, begging for you to let me in so I can wrestle. Addicts do anything to get their drug and wrestling is my drug, so I am willing to do anything to get inside that arena and wrestle. I am disgusted of the fans who come to see CWA live because they are pouring money into the pockets of men and women who don't know a damn thing about wrestling. I have forgotten more about wrestling than any human being could ever have known. I am only twenty-six years old and I have twenty years of experience in this business. I have paid my dues for twenty years and now I am ready to take the next step. I am ready to join CWA and show my ability on worldwide television. I am ready to show everyone why I am addicted to wrestling. CWA just needs to do the right thing and sign me to a contract. I don't want much. Hell, I'll do it for free. I just want to prove to everyone that I am better than any active member on the CWA Roster. On that microphone and in that ring, it does not get any better than JC Epick. The future of CWA is standing before your eyes, just come outside, open the door, and let me in. It's that simple.

The video comes to a close with JC Epick still outside the arena

We go back to the ring as JC Epick has a grin on his face.

JC Epick: I came to the arena last week and filmed that video to gain attention. Well apparently my planned work as CWA officials called me late last week, offering me a contract. Long story short, I am standing right here before your eyes as the newest member of the CWA Roster. They let me in the building tonight but I won't make my official in ring debut until Wrestle Royale in the Wrestle Royale match. Now I'm going to be honest, I have never kept up with CWA and I don't know a damn thing about it's history. All I know is the winner of the Wrestle Royale will go on to face the World Heavyweight Championship at Five Star Attraction. From my understanding, tonight Krash will defend his title against Dan Maskell. I don't know either man personally, but I do know that it doesn't matter who is World Heavyweight Champion because I will win the Wrestle Royale match in my debut and I will take the title off of whoever the champion is at Five Star Attraction. I will win that title and set a record for the shortest amount of time spent in this promotion before winning the CWA Championship.

The CWA fans begin to chant "Who are you?" and JC Epick looks at them in disgust.

JC Epick: Of course you don't know who I am, you are Canadians. You don't anything and you especially don't know a damn thing about wrestling!

Now the fans begin to boo JC Epick.

JC Epick: You can boo me all you want but I'm sure all of you realize how great I am on this microphone and at Wrestle Royale, you will all realize how amazing I truly am in this ring. I was born to be in this business. When God made me, he made me to be a wrestler. I'm not some lousy entertainer like the posers in the back. I am a pure bread wrestler.

A fan in the front row hollers "You must not know what a wrestler is." at JC Epick.

JC Epick: I don't know what a wrestler is? You are the one who doesn't know what a wrestler is. You are nothing more than a fat ass Canadian, who probably pimped out his ugly-ass wife for fifty bucks so you could buy a ticket to a wrestling show because you're too lazy to get a job! I have held titles in every single promotion I have ever been in, just like you have probably broken every single chair you have ever sat in! I am God's gift to professional Wrestling. I am addicted to this sport! I wrestled in my backyard with a broken collar bone when I was eleven years old because I love wrestling that damn much. I am not here to make you ignorant fans feel appreciated. I am here in CWA to do what I do best, and nobody in that locker room is going to stop me. Hell, if the men behind the scenes had any sense once so ever, they would have signed me years ago. I'm sure all of you cheap fans out there would take five bucks for me to beat the hell out of you. Unlike all of you, I don't want money. All of the men and women in the back are getting paid a fortune, just to make an appearance here tonight. You want to know how much I am getting paid to come out here tonight? Absolutely nothing! My contract doesn't even take in effect until Wrestle Royale but I begged and pleaded to the officials to let me come out here and speak tonight. Not because I want to see all of you but because talking on this microphone is something I love to do. But the thing I love even more is wrestling! I love wrestling more than I love my own family and that is the God-honest truth. At Wrestle Royale, you will all see why I love wrestling so much. That is because I am so damn good at what I do inside this squared circle. I am only twenty six years old and I have nearly twenty years of experience in this industry. I busted my butt in my backyard growing up, just to develop my craft. Then I went on and for ten years I performed in front of fifty people in high school gyms. I can assure you those fifty people actually appreciated me and they actually know what wrestling is. There are thousands of you in attendance and none of you know pittily squat about what it takes to be great in this business. I don't look like some steroid freak, and I don't have Hollywood good looks but I guarantee I could have a ninety minute match right now, where as one of them steroid freaks, or someone with Hollywood looks, would be out of breathe in ten minutes.

A loud "You Suck!" chant erupts through the arena.

JC Epick: You can say I suck all you want. I don't know much about this lousy country but I'm pretty sure you have a freedom of speech. But the funny thing is, if I locked any of you who are chanting that at me right now, in a sharpshooter, you would tap out in a millisecond. I am here because I am the best wrestler on the face of God's green earth, and I want to bring pure wrestling into the Clique Wrestling Alliance. I am going to climb to the top of the mountain in CWA, and I am going to start by outlasting every man or woman in the back to win the Wrestle Royale match and go on to become the World Heavyweight Champion! Next time all of you see me, I will be tossing opponents out of the ring like rag dolls, and I will be your new number one contender for the CWA World Heavyweight Championship!

JC Epick drops the microphone while the fans boo him. He exits the ring as his music hits, but stops at the top of the stage to pose, before walking through the curtain.

Jobber

Status

Re: Promo for Adrenaline Rush

It's just something small I put together real quick so I could be on this week's show. I'd appreciate some feedback if anyone has the time. Thanks.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status
      Country                    United States

It's really good, I like it a lot.

I like how you played to the fans not knowing who you are, and how you interacted with the fans. I also liked you describing your backstory and your history in the business, and what you plan to do in CWA.

Keep up the good work.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

I like the idea of the Mr. Wrestling character already so you had me from the get go, but it's a character that I want to cheer, so your crowd interactions proved to get heat, which I really enjoyed. I sort of question the comments targeted toward the fans, it seems minor league style to just swear at them, I'd like to see you come up with something more creative to put them down. Another thing that wasn't exactly my taste was the shoot feel to it, but that's just down to personal tastes. Overall, I really liked it and you have some real good potential here. Wonderful debut promo.

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    It's really good, I like it a lot.

I like how you played to the fans not knowing who you are, and how you interacted with the fans. I also liked you describing your backstory and your history in the business, and what you plan to do in CWA.

Keep up the good work.
    That means a lot coming from you. Thanks for taking the time to read it and put it on the show! Austerio, thank you as well for reading and giving me some honest feedback. You are correct about the swearing. I need to tone it down a bit. Lol I guess I cuss a lot in real life and it's just part of my dialogue. I will work on that. As far as the shoot style, most my promos will have a bit of that effect. You said it's not your personal taste which is understandable because everyone likes different things. However, the shoot style promos are something I love to see so I naturally shoot as my character in my promos. It's not a real shoot and I will never really shoot on CWA from my personal opinions on anyone in the fed. It's just my character doing work shoots, you might say. But anyway, I will try to bring a lot more to the table in the future because like I said, it's just something small I threw together. Thanks for the complements guys!

Thread Information