Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1130

Thread: The Totally Random Movie Discussion Thread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Re: The Totally Random Movie Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    What's everyones thoughts about Disney "reimagining" the likes of Home Alone, Night At The Museum" etc?

Personally, the constant remakes are starting to put me off getting Disney+ big time. I can accept the endless franchise entries to a degree, but the complete lack of creativity from the House of Mouse right now sucks.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Lazy cash grabs, like pretty much anything Disney churns out these days.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Im not the audience for all the remakes. I havent been persuaded to get Disney+ yet, tbh. At most Id get it for a month just to watch the Star Wars and Marvel shows.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

It's definitely the back catalogue that has me. Disney Animation, Pixar, MCU, Star Wars, The Simpsons and potentially stuff like Indiana Jones and Studio Ghibli depending on distribution rights, it's an easy sell to me. I just don't want my money going towards that sort of recycled content.

Still, we're a few years away from it in the UK whilst Disney wind down their exisitng contracts

No One

Status

It's definitely the back catalogue that has me. Disney Animation, Pixar, MCU, Star Wars, The Simpsons and potentially stuff like Indiana Jones and Studio Ghibli depending on distribution rights, it's an easy sell to me. I just don't want my money going towards that sort of recycled content.

Still, we're a few years away from it in the UK whilst Disney wind down their exisitng contracts

I don't believe Disney has an agreement with Studio Ghibli to distribute their films anymore. Iirc, GKIDS is now Ghibli's distributor in most of the West so I don't expect to see any of their stuff on there. Not to mention Ghibli doesn't do much of putting their stuff on streaming services.

The back catalogue for Disney is obviously impressive, and I'm always happy for another service to allow me to watch older movies that aren't readily available anywhere else, but i mostly just want cool/new/original stuff.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    I don't believe Disney has an agreement with Studio Ghibli to distribute their films anymore. Iirc, GKIDS is now Ghibli's distributor in most of the West so I don't expect to see any of their stuff on there. Not to mention Ghibli doesn't do much of putting their stuff on streaming services.
    Ah, did not know that, thanks. It's a shame, because they're hard to fund even on streaming rental sites here like Rakuten. Resisting the times seems daft when it means a generation of kids never get to see your work

No One

Status

Ah, did not know that, thanks. It's a shame, because they're hard to fund even on streaming rental sites here like Rakuten. Resisting the times seems daft when it means a generation of kids never get to see your work

Studio Ghibli has always been some measure of snobby with regards to their films, and that includes distribution. That said, it's challenging to get a lot of anime films on streaming services. Netflix/Funimation are giving us more access fortunately. One day I'd love to just buy the whole Ghibli collection but gotta wait for Miyazaki to retire-retire for that. But I think he'll keep making movies till he cant.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched Suspiria the other day. Creepy film but I don't think I fully enjoyed it like most would. Loved the Red motif of the film though. All Red Everything indeed.

Status

Pleasantly surprised by how much I liked The Front Runner. Had me asking a lot of questions about media/personal boundaries, the effects of ones personal life on their ability to do their job, etc. Granted, I went into this knowing zero about the whole thing IRL so that probably played a part.

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

Just saw Booksmart recently. I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. I had to cover my mouth with both hands so I didn't bother the neighbors, especially during the scene in the Uber with their principal. I was a very good movie.

THE FACE THAT RUNS THE PLACE

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    Just saw Booksmart recently. I honestly cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard. I had to cover my mouth with both hands so I didn't bother the neighbors, especially during the scene in the Uber with their principal. I was a very good movie.
    I agree. Hands down one of my fav straight up comedies in a long time. All the high schooler actors completely smashed it. Lot of potential future stars in there.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread Information