Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1385

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

  1. #1321
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Watched this weeks ep, spotlight was on TV Champ Dragon Lee.

    Firat match was from All Star Extravaganza 2016 against Kamatachi. Good but sloppy at times, I've seen better between the two from New Japan.

    The MSG Jr. Title triple threat would jave been better in any singles combo but totally understand the booking. If there's one thing I took away from this spotlight, it's how much better a wrestler Lee is than Bandido, and I like Bandido (apart from hia finisher).

    Lastly, there was the TV Title match from Final Battle against Shane Taylor. Surprisingly my favourite match of the show, as Lee adapted to Taylor's size and kept the strength moves back and wrestled from under instead. If ever you wanted an insight into the dire straights ROH were in at this point though, check out how empty the crowd is here compared to previous Final Battle's. Jarring to say the least, especially as it follows a march from the MSG show.

    Then decided to keep up the momentum and watched Lee/Ospreay from Manhatten Mayhem, and that was real good as well. Solid evening of Dragon Lee based graps in all.

    His brother is up next week.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  2. #1322
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Rush-based graps this week. Started with his match with Barbaro Cavernario on Youtube. Solid enough but very exhibitiony and a shit crowd to boot.

    Onto the TV episode, starting with his World Title win over Matt Taven. Immediately the presentation looks ten times better BTW. The quick win tease was good and something I'd have been totally down for at the time, loved how protected they kept The Bulls Horns throughout too. Not sure how chucking a portion of the barricade at someone isn't a DQ though. Anyway, I enjoyed this, Taven played his part well, Rush again comes off as a true superstar and a rare moment of sanity from ROH in 2019.

    I should note that Rush essentially acts as a heel throughout his matches, so in hindsight the "turn" at the beginning of this year I was critical of isn't entirely unfounded. He's certainly more comfortable in the role, he's just so naturally charismatic why wouldn't you want to cheer him over 90% of the roster?

    Finally, his title defence against Jeff Cobb in the UK. Not a lot to this one either, another shit crowd (low numbers hidden by the lighting too), Cobb's a great athlete but there's nothing behind him when you get past the movez.

    Stunned that my favourite match of the trio involved Matt Taven, but I guess that's the benefit of having a clear defined character. Still a Rush fan though.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  3. #1323
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Rush-based graps this week. Started with his match with Barbaro Cavernario on Youtube. Solid enough but very exhibitiony and a shit crowd to boot.

    Onto the TV episode, starting with his World Title win over Matt Taven. Immediately the presentation looks ten times better BTW. The quick win tease was good and something I'd have been totally down for at the time, loved how protected they kept The Bulls Horns throughout too. Not sure how chucking a portion of the barricade at someone isn't a DQ though. Anyway, I enjoyed this, Taven played his part well, Rush again comes off as a true superstar and a rare moment of sanity from ROH in 2019.

    I should note that Rush essentially acts as a heel throughout his matches, so in hindsight the "turn" at the beginning of this year I was critical of isn't entirely unfounded. He's certainly more comfortable in the role, he's just so naturally charismatic why wouldn't you want to cheer him over 90% of the roster?

    Finally, his title defence against Jeff Cobb in the UK. Not a lot to this one either, another shit crowd (low numbers hidden by the lighting too), Cobb's a great athlete but there's nothing behind him when you get past the movez.

    Stunned that my favourite match of the trio involved Matt Taven, but I guess that's the benefit of having a clear defined character. Still a Rush fan though.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Taven gets a lot of shit. Hes not nearly as bad as people think he is. He also got a great single match out of PCO. And dare i say it... Rush's title win is actually his best ROH Match.
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #1324
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Taven gets a lot of shit. Hes not nearly as bad as people think he is. He also got a great single match out of PCO. And dare i say it... Rush's title win is actually his best ROH Match.
    Rush's or Taven's best match? Because it's definitely the best Rush match I've seen so far (although quite a few of those were sub 5 sprints)

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  5. #1325
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Rush's or Taven's best match? Because it's definitely the best Rush match I've seen so far (although quite a few of those were sub 5 sprints)

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Best Rush match in ROH by far
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #1326
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    This weeks Brody King spotlight is pretty good. Made me appreciate him as a talent a lot more. Next week is Silas Young based, dunno if I'll bother with that one, I'll wait for the match listing first (although one is against Kenny King, so that's an instant mark against).

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  7. #1327
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    The Silas Young spotlight was okay but skippable. Never knew ROH had booked the Last Man Standing match as his specialty. Dude has a nice house too, ROH money clearly ain't nothing to sniff at if that's what you can get with it.

    Watched his No DQ match with Steen on Youtube after, and that was easily the best of the 3 matches I watched. Bandido showcase next week, ROH has put a ton of his stuff out there so I'll wait for the match list before commiting to that one in case it's all stuff I've already seen.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  8. #1328
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    The ROH Youtube account is uploading Joe vs. Punk 1 this weekend if you're like me and not seen it before and interested.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  9. #1329
    VINTAGE POSTER!
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    19,278
    Rep Power
    1106713
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread



    Oh wow. More dislikes than likes before the video’s actually premiered. Totally doesn’t make racism in wrestling seem even more apparent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

  10. #1330

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post


    Oh wow. More dislikes than likes before the video’s actually premiered. Totally doesn’t make racism in wrestling seem even more apparent.
    I suppose in fairness, the fact that it does have 'Black Lives Matter' in the title, it's possible non-wrestling fans are downvoting it. Waiting for the premiere to see what sort of comments the video will receive will be a far better indicator if this is a bad look for wrestling.

  11. #1331
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post


    Oh wow. More dislikes than likes before the video’s actually premiered. Totally doesn’t make racism in wrestling seem even more apparent.
    Possibly a reaction to Jay being involved? He released a statement about #speakingout accusations but it never really got any sort of clear resolution.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  12. #1332
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #1333
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    ROH announced its going back into production this month. From what I understand, the Pure Title tournament is still on. Matt Sydal and David Finlay have been added
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #1334
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,834
    Rep Power
    1624296
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Some good news! Sydal & Finlay are good pick ups for the tournament too.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  15. #1335
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Some good news! Sydal & Finlay are good pick ups for the tournament too.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I heard Sydal is back with company. There's also been vignettes about Follow the Trend. .many people think its Bennett and Maria. Im OK with them coming back but I want someone new for the follow the trend thing

    There's also Gresham keeps pushing this foundation hastag. I have no idea what it means
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  16. #1336
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Just saw an awesome promo from Jonathan Gresham regarding Pure Wrestling taking over ROH. It was on my Facebook feed. He's calling all pure wrestlers to come because their time is now.

    it was posted about an hour ago on FB.
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  17. #1337
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Heres the video if anyone is interested..

    https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham/st...04206670909440
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  18. #1338
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,567
    Rep Power
    4294128
      Country                    England

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Former ROH Champion Xavier has passed away.

  19. #1339
    Main Eventer
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    8,579
    Rep Power
    894851

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Former ROH Champion Xavier has passed away.
    wow thats some sad news. and he was set to wrestle Lethal
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

  20. #1340
    VINTAGE POSTER!
    Marketh's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    19,278
    Rep Power
    1106713
      Country                    Scotland

    Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

    Shame to hear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Diksting
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •