Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1095

Thread: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Ring Of Honor General Discussion Thread

It was a 4 way so I'm sure they still count him as never being pinned/submitted.

People's Champion

Status

Watched Taven vs Flip vs Haskins vs PCO from ROH State of the Art: Defy or Deny last night. Awesome match and was really well booked. Tavens pretty great in this. Worth checking out.

I really want to check out BITW tonight. Got no cash though. Still hoping they pull the trigger with Cobb. Taven has greatly improved. Underated champ right now.
    Last edited by indyfan; 06-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Bandido/Taylor was a hoot. Bandido is surprisingly strong to pull off some of those moves on Taylor.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Bandido/Taylor was a hoot. Bandido is surprisingly strong to pull off some of those moves on Taylor.
    It was my favorite match on the show.

I think Shane Taylor and Matt Taven had their best ROH matches at Best In The World.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Yeah i heard he has some sort of freaky farmers strength. Im gonna check out the show soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    It was my favorite match on the show.

I think Shane Taylor and Matt Taven had their best ROH matches at Best In The World.
    If you ever get the chance..check out the Defy or Deny match. Tavens pretty great in it.

How was the six man? Im a huge fan of Williams and Haskins.

I wish i watched the show, but im really dissapointed Cobb lost. I get why....its just hes the hottest guy they have. They might have created a buzz if he came out champ.
    Last edited by indyfan; 07-01-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

Just caught the show. I hardly watch any ROH so my perception on a lot of this could be off.

Opener of Rush vs. Gordon had all the thigh slaps. Felt like nothing but knees and drop kicks and such. Not a bad way to start the show though.

Castle vs. Lee didn't do anything for me. I like Castle's persona and I love Dragon Lee but those two together really didn't pull me in at all.

King getting the series win over Lethal has to be a big deal going forward. He seems to be heavily favored by management and I can see why. I'll be damn surprised if he isn't at the top of the roster in the very near future.

Gresham vs. Young didn't quite deliver as I expected. Two competitors I really enjoy but again, it didn't really move me. Hopefully a win here is just the start for Gresham getting better positioning and more exposure in ROH.

Eli Drake teamed with Nick Aldis. Was this always the advertised match? Anyways I find it pretty interesting that Drake signed to NWA, and it's allegedly an exclusive contract as well. Don't know about all that. If he is really going to work exclusively for NWA and its partner promotions, I feel that's a big waste of his time for someone who is *ahem* in the prime of of his career. Surely he would make more money working the circuit or going AEW? Maybe not? Enough of that though, the match was cool. Nothing remarkable. Probably exceeded expectations though tbh. I am a bit interested in seeing the next chapter of this Aldis/Briscoes thing and whatever comes next with Drake and James Storm in NWA.

TV Title Match. Feels like Bandido absolutely carried this one. Aside from one match I saw against Jeff Cobb, Shane Taylor has never come off as much to me. Decent wrestler and decent charisma but seemingly no star quality. I could easily be wrong because I haven't seen a lot of his work but I am not impressed this far. Only the closing portion of this match felt like anything special. Kinda wish Badido had won.

Six man tag was carnage as expected. I don't know who the Soldiers of Savagery are other than a tag team that have apparently just been signed from MCW but I like their look. I hate their name though. Flip joining Villain Enterprises is an interesting decision. Looks like there will be plenty of unfinished business between Lifeblood and Villain Enterprises after this.

So the main event. I mean... ehhh. There's not too much to say about the match itself. It was forgettable at best. Taven is so lackluster. Cobb probably should have won, given he's been probably the best booked guy in ROH for some time and the fans were dead quiet when Taven pinned him. Not even shocked or mad but just seemingly indifferent or a bit annoyed. I don't hate Taven but nothing about him speaks to me and he is far from being my pick to be the guy that represents the company

So my feelings on the show are pretty simple. The wrestling was decent, nothing blew me away. Storyline wise nothing happened that made me feel like I have to tune in to see what's next. In fact, most of it made me feel like I don't want to follow up. I can't imagine anyone cares about the women of honor, right? They were out of place and felt unneeded. All the champions in ROH right now with the exception of Villain Enterprises are turn offs to me. As a whole it seems like ROH has a ton of great hands but put so few of them to good use whilst the likes of Bully Ray, Allure and PCO get significant time and exposure. And I like all three of those but come on. Focus on the here and now, as well as the future. The good thing is Kenny King has a ROH Title match in his back pocket. I think it would be nice to have him win the belt. If not him, Cobb obviously is another deserving candidate. Aside from that, I would really love for Jon Gresham, Brody King and Mark Haskins to be elevated into that top tier of guys. I'm sure ROH has had worse periods (or has it?) but my main feeling is that this company is just a shell of what it was for the 00s decade and even earlier on in the 10s. At this exact moment I think Impact is putting out a considerably better product than them and frankly that's a bit upsetting.

HOW ABOUT YOU READ THESE THINGS?

WC's Greatest Superstars in WWE History
    Burn It Down!: The Top 25 Matches of Seth Rollins' Career

COMING EVENTUALLY- THE TOP 25 MATCHES of CM PUNK'S CAREER

People's Champion

Status

Gresham vs Dragon Lee signed for Manhattan Mayhem on july 20th. Should be amazing if given some time.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Gresham vs Dragon Lee signed for Manhattan Mayhem on july 20th. Should be amazing if given some time.
    It says a lot of how Gresham's BOSJ went that I couldn't even remember if they were in the same block together (they were). Hoping they allow these two to put on something great.

People's Champion

Status

It says a lot of how Gresham's BOSJ went that I couldn't even remember if they were in the same block together (they were). Hoping they allow these two to put on something great.

Were his matches that bad? or was it just bad pairings/time restrictions?
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Were his matches that bad? or was it just bad pairings/time restrictions?
    Oh nothing was bad, he averaged good matches every night, he was just slotted low on the card so his matches never had the time to reach that next level.

People's Champion

Status

ROH just put up Briscoes vs Rush and Dragon Lee for free on their website
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

ROH just put up Briscoes vs Rush and Dragon Lee for free on their website
    And it's very good. Holy shit did Mark get a nasty cut in that one, Rush is sick. Haven't enjoyed Rush too much in ROH but that was probably his best match yet. I can get behind him and his brother teaming up in America.

People's Champion

Status

And it's very good. Holy shit did Mark get a nasty cut in that one, Rush is sick. Haven't enjoyed Rush too much in ROH but that was probably his best match yet. I can get behind him and his brother teaming up in America.
    Just watched it.

Awesome match!! Rush was awesome as usual. And i think its my favorite match of his in ROH. Fans ate it up. I guess ROH wanted to make their presence known with such a hot week in wrestling.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

holy shit, Briscoes vs Rush/Lee was awesome. If I cared about ROH more I'd question the wisdom running this so quickly, but I am glad they did. Hell of a brawl, blood, violence, crazy spots, hot crowd, good shit all round.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    holy shit, Briscoes vs Rush/Lee was awesome. If I cared about ROH more I'd question the wisdom running this so quickly, but I am glad they did. Hell of a brawl, blood, violence, crazy spots, hot crowd, good shit all round.
    To be fair, Rush and Lee have been in ROH for quite a while. Over 6 months. Lees done matches for roh since 2017.

But yeah awesome, awesome match
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

WAKE UP

Status

Fair enough, I knew Rush was signed but wasn't sure about Lee. The match kinda felt like a 'debut' for them as a team and put them over bigtime.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Fair enough, I knew Rush was signed but wasn't sure about Lee. The match kinda felt like a 'debut' for them as a team and put them over bigtime.
    I believe it was their debut tagging in roh. Rush is going to win the title this year. Hes undefeated in ROH
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Relentless Admin

Status

Manhattan Mayhem was such an easy watch, 6 matches, nothing sucked. Even though it was weapons heavy, that was the best GoD match I've seen in years since the tag league final against Honma and Makabe. Dragon Lee/Gresham was better than their match from Japan a few months ago. These Rush squash matches are really fun.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Canada

Oi, so I just found out that the Summer Supercard is in Toronto and Alex Shelley is in the main event for the world title. Shelley was one of my faves growing up, so I think that's going to be a good week for me. Pretty sure I'll also go to Smash vs Progress and I already have my tickets for TakeOver.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status

Checked out that TV episode with the Briscoes vs. Rush/Lee match y'all hyped.

Main was great as everyone has mentioned. First time seeing Rush, I can see why ROH are big on him. Him squashing Taven for the belt down the line would be amazing booking.

As for the rest of the show, largely uninspired TV. Silas Young badly needs a change of scenery. Glad to see them bring up Josh Woods doing fuck all for 2 years as that was my first thought when he was introduced as the 2017 Top Prospect Winner.

Shinobi Shadow Squad are fun but feel like a waste of Eli who had a bit of momentum last time I checked a TV ep. Don't care about the women's division but as least they put the newbie over.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread Information