Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Book Thread

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: The Book Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Only one I liked was Chris Jericho's. SCSA was good too actually.
    Read the SCSA book in one sitting. I agree, quite interesting. Didn't ever realize how highly touted he was technically when he was younger.

Status
      Country                    United States

Currently I'm reading Tarkin, the Star Wars novel by James Luceno. So many people have recommended this to me. In no way is it blowing me away, but It's definitely interesting, I'll say that. I've always been fascinated by the Imperials in the background of Star Wars movies. Books are the perfect medium to explore these characters and stories more.

Status

I need to read Tarkin, I hear it's great.

Lost Stars is a really awesome recent Star Wars book that I highly recommend. It's YA slanted so it's a breezy read but it's actually a very strong story.

Tap Tap Tap

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

I've read some really awesome YA books over the years, so I would check it out.

When I was like 7 or 8 years old, I read the YA Star Wars: Galaxy Of Fear books that took place after episode IV. I'm not sure how they hold up now though.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I always wanted to go into the expanded universe with Star Wars after the events of Episode 6, do you any I should check out? Also if you like Animated films and T.V shows, while loving Star Wars check out Star Wars Rebels and Clones show. Thawn just came into the picture like 5 or 6 episodes ago, and the second half of Season 3 he's going to be a major player.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Its Rock Or Bust!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

One of Chris Jericho's guests on his podcast recommended giving Satan's Harvest a read (or in the case, a listen), which is based on an Ed and Lorraine Warren case where Maurice, a farmer was possessed by a demon.

It was creepy but it also wasn't at the same time. I felt it wasn't because the events aren't any worse than what you'd see on any horror movie that out but it was for the fact that it actually happened. There are a couple of 'oh shit' moments like when Maurice is seen walking around outside then a few seconds later, coming down the stairs for lunch.

Now that I've subscribed to Audible, I'll give another one of their books a listen.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    I always wanted to go into the expanded universe with Star Wars after the events of Episode 6, do you any I should check out? Also if you like Animated films and T.V shows, while loving Star Wars check out Star Wars Rebels and Clones show. Thawn just came into the picture like 5 or 6 episodes ago, and the second half of Season 3 he's going to be a major player.
    I've never read any of the EU books set after episode 6. But I read a bunch of the older books set during the original trilogy as well as 1-3. If you're into Darth Mail, there's a couple good books they've done with him, same goes for Boba Fett. I'll always be amused how those two characters have such a hardcore fan base considering how little they're in the films. Of course if you dip into the comics, that's where they really flesh out some cool stories. But you already knew that.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Between my Birthday & some charity shop finds, my to-read queue is currently at 6. I'm sorta annoyed now that my current read is one I've read before with all this new stuff waiting for me.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    I've never read any of the EU books set after episode 6. But I read a bunch of the older books set during the original trilogy as well as 1-3. If you're into Darth Mail, there's a couple good books they've done with him, same goes for Boba Fett. I'll always be amused how those two characters have such a hardcore fan base considering how little they're in the films. Of course if you dip into the comics, that's where they really flesh out some cool stories. But you already knew that.
    And the Star Wars Clone Wars.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    Yeah Maul I like to read his story more for sure. He's such a interesting Sith Warrior who has been used very well in the Star Wars Rebels show during the seasons. The last few episodes seem to be Maul vs Obi-Wan and I thought that could of been a movie itself with the history between those two.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Internet Favorite

Status

Currently reading: Sick In The Head: Conversations About Life and Comedy by Judd Apatow

On Deck: Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace

No One

Status

I don't often get excited for new book releases (though I'm highly anticipating the next Kingkiller Chronicles book, and the next A Song of Ice and Fire and the next Dandelion Dynasty books) but Ken Liu (aforementioned author of the Dandelion Dynasty series) just got signed up to write a Star Wars novel and I couldn't be more hyped. I won't say Star Wars isn't one of my favorite universe but its still a really cool world and Ken Liu is an amazing writer so I'd love to see his take on it.

Internet Favorite

Status

I have skipped Infinite Jest for now, because it's a monster 1,000+ pages

Reading: David Spade's AutoBio

No One

Status

Reading Lindsay Buroker's Warrior Mage. It came as part of a six pack of 1st in fantasy series from self-pubbed authors. Its fine so far but nothing that would make me go out of my way to recommend it to anyone else.

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

What's everyone been reading lately?

This is my completed books list so far this year via bookmark. Next on the hitlist is Adhararand Finn's latest release "Rise of the Ultrarunners".

DSC_0012.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

No One

Status

Aside from regularly reading new manga, Ive read Debbie Teng's Quiet Girl in a Noisy World which was super relatable as an introvert. Also read Book Lover which is another one she released this year. I read the Bojack Horseman Art Before the Horse book. Havent read much else. Been harder to binge read without a lengthy bus commute. Now I prefer to spend my spare time playing games or watching something. I do have Holy Sister, the third book in Mark Lawrence's fantasy series thats like Arya Stark meets Harry Potter, and also bought the last two books of Robin Hobbs Farseer Trilogy. Id like to read those eventually.

Recently got the Into the Spider Verse art book which should be great to dig into. Feeling like graphic novels/comic books are an easier read for me right now since I can sneak in pages while Im at work.

Thread Information