Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Raw 1000 Hype & Discussion Thread (23rd July 2012)

Fire and blood

Status

Raw WWE Raw 1000 Hype & Discussion Thread (23rd July 2012)

Monday Night Raw - 23rd July 2012

Raw 1000

This Monday, WWE Raw makes history by reaching its incredible 1000th episode. From the first episode on the 11th January 1993 featuring Yokozuna, Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker, to the 1000th on 23rd July main evented by John Cena and CM Punk for the WWE Title. WWE has promised a stacked show as Raw moves 3 hours on a permanent basis. With so many things happening on the show, it's difficult to highlight just one, but John Cena promised to cash in his Money in the Bank contract, thus reigniting his feud with CM Punk from last year. Will John Cena become a 13 time World Champion? Or will CM Punk continue his incredible run as WWE Champion and finally end the Money in the Bank's 100% winning record? No matter what the outcome, these two have proven to be equals in the past and had tremendous matches with one another and the stage is set for another classic between them.

Also on Raw

D-X returns to Monday Night Raw. Shawn Michaels hasn't been seen since refereeing in the End of an Era Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania, while HHH has only been on Raw sporadically lately. On Raw 1000, however, they are reunited. HHH will have to be wary, as it has been announced that Brock Lesnar will also be at Raw 1000 to respond to HHH's challenge for Summerslam. Could Lesnar interrupt the D-X reunion to send a message to Triple H?

Also on Raw, it's another WWE wedding. She might be crazy, delusional and unpredictable, but AJ appears to have re-captured Daniel Bryan's heart after he proposed once again during last night's Raw. AJ accepted and they are set to be wed on the 1000th episode of Raw. Over the years, WWE weddings have been unpredictable and memorable affairs and with two vibrant personalities like AJ and Daniel Bryan, expect this wedding to be no different.

It has been two months since John Laurinaitis was removed as permanent Raw and SmackDown General Manager. Since then, we've had a host of former GM's take control of Raw and SmackDown on a weekly basis: Mick Foley, Vickie Guerrero, Teddy Long, the Anonymous Raw General Manager (aka Hornswoggle). And even Zack Ryder has had a chance to be GM. On Raw 1000, WWE will announce the new permanent General Manager of Raw and SmackDown. Will it be one of the GM's we have seen over the last couple of months? Or will it be an entirely new GM?

The night after Wrestlemania, The Rock promised that his next goal was to win the WWE Championship. He has confirmed that he will appear at Raw 1000 - but what are the implications for the WWE Title? Could he rekindle his year long feud with John Cena should Cena win the WWE Title? Or could the Rock's next target be CM Punk?

Other questions to remain answered:

Who will Heath Slater face?

What other legends will appear?

Who will Ryback destroy next?

Who will Christian defend the Intercontinental Title against?

WC's Hot WWE Threads

Discuss SmackDown here
    Discuss NXT here
    Book WWE Summerslam
    Your Favourite Raw Moments
    Will John Cena be the first to cash-in and lose?

Hope you're all excited for Raw 1000. Don't forget to check out the other threads in the WWE section, use this thread to speculate all kinds of things and make sure you join us for the Live Discussion! The show starts one hour earlier (1am for UKers or 8/7CT) so get here early and let Cyrus T and everyone else entertain you.

SAWFT

Status

Re: WWE Raw 1000 Hype & Discussion Thread (23rd July 2012)

I really wish I could catch this live, but I'll have to make do with watching after work. Should be a tremendous show. There are so many points of interest from Brock Lesnar to The Rock to AJ and Bryan getting married, to the sure-to-be-great main event with Punk putting the title on the line against the guy who's never beat him.

Too much drama.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Cena's never beat Punk?

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

SAWFT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Goodman View Post
    Cena's never beat Punk?
    Not to my knowledge. Last year they had 4 matches. 2 were no contests, and 2 were Punk wins (albeit controversial).

Fire and blood

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Rage View Post
    Not to my knowledge. Last year they had 4 matches. 2 were no contests, and 2 were Punk wins (albeit controversial).
    Cena beat him once after Summerslam to get a shot at Del Rio, I believe. I think it was because of Nash interference or something.

SAWFT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Cena beat him once after Summerslam to get a shot at Del Rio, I believe. I think it was because of Nash interference or something.
    Don't remember it.

Oh well, he's never beaten him with the title on the line.

Ponified Talent

Status

If Heath Slater's asskicker for 1,000th RAW ISN'T 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin I'll eat my hat.

I really want to be able to watch this and join the LD, but this and every other WWE shows are always airing during my working shifts. One of these days I'm going to call in sick just to watch it live.
    Last edited by Punk Wolf; 07-17-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Its Cold Outside

Status

I'm hoping it will be Slater vs Undertaker.

I think i'm off the tuesday after so should be able to watch it live.

#BigBooty

Status

Im still going with Slater V Austin tbh.

Should be a good show though. No doubt will be VERY promo heavy so I wouldnt expect much in the way of wrestling. Maybe 3 decent length matches In Christian V Whoever, Punk Vs Cena and probably one other match thrown in with a bunch of Squashes and a Divas match. Still the Lesnar stuff should be great. The Wedding if typical WWE style weddings should be fun and having guys like the Rock cutting promos can never really be bad.

Simply The Greatest

Status
    I am pretty sure Cena beat Punk on a Raw where they did "superstar of the year" mini-tournament. Not sure how I remembered that.

Anyway, should be a sick Raw. Hopefully Slater fights someone good; I will predict Bret Hart. Looking forward to seeing what Rock does, as well as everyone else that's on.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Ryback vs Gillberg or The Mean Street Posse or I'll

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Chikara Trainee

Status

Cannot wait for this show, exciting for pretty much everything from Rock to Brock to the wedding and interested to see who comes back for the night, should be awesome!

Big Guy Admin

Status

I think we all know whats happening in the wedding segment:

Bryan, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?

Oh and I called Austin taking out Slater about a month ago, I reckon there's a chance Slater will duet with Honky Tonk Man on the show too.

Underdog

Status

Honestly, can't wait to see who interferes at the wedding and tears shit up. Love me some wrestling weddings. Kane? I hope it isn't Miz as hinted in Raw 999.

WWE Mod

Status

Maybe Kaitlyn? She's never seemed to like the idea of AJ being with Bryan. You'd have a hard time making the crowd care about that segment though, I'd hope they do something more interesting. I'm sure they will too, I'm looking forward to it.

Underdog

Status

Pity Big Show is tied up in the Cena storyline. Still think there's great potential in a Show/Bryan feud where Show tries to get his revenge for the humiliating way he lost the belt.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Really can't wait for next week. Goin over to watch it with friends. I remember watching the very first Raw and its pretty cool to now get to be watching Raw 1000.
    I expect they'll try and intertwine a lot of promos... sorta segue from one to another. Since its starting off with DX I wouldn't be surprised to see Lesner in there somewhere. Heath Slater I think will actually have multiple legends come out... Austin, Bret Hart, maybe a few lesser names. The Ryback vs Gillberg idea is awesome would love to see that.
    I heard somewhere Vince is pulling out all the stops for the show, basically saying he'll try and get anybody he can regardless of the past. So far as to say if Randy Savage were still alive they'd try and get him. My first thought after hearing that was... Ultimate Warrior? How unexpected would THAT be? Imagine he comes out for Slater lol
    Really hope Punk wins tho, my guess is either way whoever wins at Raw 1000 the other guy will win at Sumerslam.
    "Easylayin!"

Status

How are Steve Austin and the Undertaker not advertised for RAW 1000? Austin will most likely be there, and it wouldn't be right not seeing Undertaker on the 1000th episode of RAW.

Hopefully WWE brings back some guys that we never see being brought back for special occasions like these (RVD).

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Hopefully WWE brings back some guys that we never see being brought back for special occasions like these (RVD).
    RVD's in TNA...

I'll be honest, Raw's been boring me a lot lately. Nothing has been making me stand up and take notice unless Punk's been involved and I'm worried that this will be no different. Three hours of not really giving a damn about what'd happening, doesn't appeal to me.

I just hope Michaels eats an F-5.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    RVD's in TNA...

I'll be honest, Raw's been boring me a lot lately. Nothing has been making me stand up and take notice unless Punk's been involved and I'm worried that this will be no different. Three hours of not really giving a damn about what'd happening, doesn't appeal to me.

I just hope Michaels eats an F-5.
    Forgot about that.

HBK eating an F5 from Lesnar would be the perfect way to set up HHH/Lesnar at Summerslam, and I think it'll be the road WWE goes down come RAW 1000.

Thread Information