Page 303 of 303 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303
Results 6,041 to 6,057 of 6057

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Status

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

In celebration of the Russia Premier League kicking off this weekend.... a bit of Russian transfer fun. A nice little reminder that big club get special treatment everywhere....

So FC Orenberg were expected to sell Russian winger Aleksey Sutormin to Zenit. He's not really a Zenit caliber player, but he's Russian and squad rules mean Russian clubs need Russian-born players. But Rubin Kazan came in with a slightly larger offer and slightly better pay for the player, and off he went to Kazan. But no, this cannot stand. Zenit was NOT OKAY with it. So Orenberg claimed that their Director of Football had agreed the BETTER deal with Rubin without the board permission and therefore the sale was not valid, and complained to the league. Which forced Rubin to sell the player on to Zenit for essentially the same fee.

Completely unrelated, Zenit are owned and sponsored by oil giant Gazprom. Gazprom is also a main sponsor of Orenberg, and a subsidiary company of Gazprom was previously the owner of the club until it had to be restructured prior to promotion 2 seasons ago. But I'm sure that had nothing to do with this situation.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

So something similar to the Obi Mikel situation with Man Utd and Chelsea huh.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    So something similar to the Obi Mikel situation with Man Utd and Chelsea huh.
    That was actually the situation that came up on a podcast that was talking about it. And its a bit like it. But Chelsea did some wrong there - hence why they paid a compensation. It doesn't sound like Rubin did anything wrong at all. It wasn't the player signing contracts with both or anything like that. It was the player choosing the better offer and the selling club (the DoF, as least) choosing the better offer. But Zenit gonna Zenit.

Fun part of it is that the player will likely be a pure bench player for Zenit.

Oh, and the new guy running the Russian Premier League used to run Zenit.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Zenit for the win!

Heard Palace want £100m for Zaha hahahahahahaha!

Status

Arsenal drama. Not the good kind.

Laurent Koscielny decided he didn't want to travel with the squad for the US tour so the club released statement about it. Out of character for the captain and out of character for the club. So its obviously a giant fuck-mess. Koscielny wants to leave - he has an offer from France and the club have been negotiating with Arsenal, but Arsenal are apparently demanding 10m which is kinda ridiculous for a player of his age and recent injury history. He was likely to play fairly regularly for Arsenal but definitely not every week, and would be phased out, especially if the club manages to bring in a new defender this summer (not likely). so yeah.... shitty all around.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Heel Champion

Status

Aren't you close to getting that young kid from France haha. #Wengersigning

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Aren't you close to getting that young kid from France haha. #Wengersigning
    Yes, its being talked about as a done deal.... and he will stay on loan at St. Etienne next year. So no immediate help, though expecting an 18 year old with one year of first team football to step in and do well is asking A LOT anyway.

this is such a strange situation. The player taking a hard stand smacks of a broken promise more than him simply wanting to go. And the club releasing a statement, which is something they rarely do, looks like they are trying to control the narrative.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Celtic have rejected an improved 25 Million bid from Arsenal for Kieran Tierney.

Apparently Celtic are unhappy with the structure as opposed to the value. It was probably 5 Million upfront and 20 Million in instalments so they can buy more players and send them on loan instead knowing Arsenal Haha!

Status

Watch us not making a third bid with the money just restructured because those running the club are fucking idiots.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Maguire looking likely then- 80 Million is the quoted figure.

Not keen on the price but I can't think of anyone of that quality and available who's better and that's just the market these days. I know a lot of United fans wanted Toby and I was warming to that idea but it's looking like Ole will get his man and here's hoping he can come in and make an immediate impact if the deal get's done.

Really hoping that will then lead to Jones/Rojo being sold but I assume it will mostly likely to lead to Tuanzebe going back on loan to Villa.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

I'm seeing that the Maguire deal still isn't done as the agreement on how much is bonuses and whatnot is lingering, but sounds like it's getting closer for sure.

This is a deal that both confuses me and makes sense. Cos, at the end of the day "transfer value" is kind of meaningless. It's totally subjective, and you can't compare them to other deals that have happened. It's why Palace can want £100m for Zaha and not be wrong. They don't need the money, and it'd take that much to replace him, given they'd probably need half a team to make up for what they'd lose with him. There's no way Arsenal would see him as worth that, but that's not the point. It's subjective. One person's need and circumstances is different from another.

To me it's the same with this Maguire thing. I personally don't see him as anywhere near an £80m signing, and I imagine most other elite teams don't either. But United desperately need a ready-to-go Premier League centre back and there aren't that many going who will join a team who are a bit of a shambles at a board level and don't have Champs Lg football next year. I do think the fans will expect him to solve all their defensive problems for that kind of money, and he's not good enough to do that imo (in fact, I wouldn't be shocked if his lack of pace becomes a real problem), but United have that money to spend and need someone more than than they need a good deal. Hence, £80m is the amount they're willing to pay.

Can't help but feel United will end up back in the market for another centre back next summer, though.

Heel Champion

Status

Let's be honest it's also the inflated price as he's English.

I've seen a lot of people laughing over the reported £80m fee especially those comparing VVD cost £75m a few years ago. A few years ago Maguire would probably cost £40m just like VVD would probably cost something like £120m in todays fees.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Atletico Madrid & Spurs discussions are still on-going for the transfer of Kieran Trippier.

I know he was below par last season and wasn't very good, but surely he's a better option to keep then Aurier who's a bigger liability.

Wonder who Spurs will target, any idea Keef? Dani Alves linked, not sure about that one.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deco90 View Post
    Atletico Madrid & Spurs discussions are still on-going for the transfer of Kieran Trippier.

I know he was below par last season and wasn't very good, but surely he's a better option to keep then Aurier who's a bigger liability.

Wonder who Spurs will target, any idea Keef? Dani Alves linked, not sure about that one.
    Alves is 100% not happening. No idea where he will go, but it won't be Spurs.

To be fair, I think Trippier's stock was disproportionately raised by the World Cup. I've always liked him, but he's never really been that top level RB that some media talk made it seem at the start of last season. I don't think last season was as much of a drop as some would say, actually (although it was definitely a drop). He's a good, solid hand that Poch knew how to get the best out of. There's a reason why, even though the fee is relatively small, you won't hear many Spurs fans complain about him moving on.

I doubt Aurier is going to play much next season tbh. If we could sell him for a decent chunk of change we would, but I don't think the market is there for him. The talk from what I've heard is actually that Juan Foyth is going to be first choice right back next season, and Kyle Walker Peters will be back up. Apparently Poch has high hopes for Foyth developing in to a top class RB.

In terms of other signings, we're still talking to Betis about Lo Celso. Problem is they signed him this summer as part of their loan deal, so they basically want what we're offering + the amount they just paid for him. It'll drag on a while longer yet as Levy's gonna Levy, but it'll come through in the end I think.

We're also in the market for an attacking wide player. Moura is apparently going to play more as a second striker next year, and we want someone else to play wide when Son goes through the middle to cover for Kane. Dani Olmo is the rumour that won't go away, but I have no idea how likely it is. We had been looking at Andreas Skov Olsen at one point, but apparently he's destined for Bologna. If I had to guess we'll stump up for Ryan Sessegnon near the end of the window and play him predominantly as LW until he's ready to handle being a LB (and therefore replace Rose).

The big news is apparently Alderweireld is quite keen to go to Roma. They're trying to negotiate the fee down (heard as low as €12m!), but Levy is insisting on the release clause or he doesn't go. If he does we'll be in the market for a new CB, and most fans seem to have their hearts set on Nathan Ake. Again, dunno how likely that is.

Also looks like Eriksen isn't going anywhere, which means Ceballos likely isn't coming here either.

But to be honest, Ndombele was the one we really wanted (and needed), so unless we lose Eriksen and Toby I think anything more than that and one of Sessegnon/Lo Celso/Olmo will make a good summer for us.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Keefmoon View Post
    Alves is 100% not happening. No idea where he will go, but it won't be Spurs.

To be fair, I think Trippier's stock was disproportionately raised by the World Cup. I've always liked him, but he's never really been that top level RB that some media talk made it seem at the start of last season. I don't think last season was as much of a drop as some would say, actually (although it was definitely a drop). He's a good, solid hand that Poch knew how to get the best out of. There's a reason why, even though the fee is relatively small, you won't hear many Spurs fans complain about him moving on.

I doubt Aurier is going to play much next season tbh. If we could sell him for a decent chunk of change we would, but I don't think the market is there for him. The talk from what I've heard is actually that Juan Foyth is going to be first choice right back next season, and Kyle Walker Peters will be back up. Apparently Poch has high hopes for Foyth developing in to a top class RB.

In terms of other signings, we're still talking to Betis about Lo Celso. Problem is they signed him this summer as part of their loan deal, so they basically want what we're offering + the amount they just paid for him. It'll drag on a while longer yet as Levy's gonna Levy, but it'll come through in the end I think.

We're also in the market for an attacking wide player. Moura is apparently going to play more as a second striker next year, and we want someone else to play wide when Son goes through the middle to cover for Kane. Dani Olmo is the rumour that won't go away, but I have no idea how likely it is. We had been looking at Andreas Skov Olsen at one point, but apparently he's destined for Bologna. If I had to guess we'll stump up for Ryan Sessegnon near the end of the window and play him predominantly as LW until he's ready to handle being a LB (and therefore replace Rose).

The big news is apparently Alderweireld is quite keen to go to Roma. They're trying to negotiate the fee down (heard as low as €12m!), but Levy is insisting on the release clause or he doesn't go. If he does we'll be in the market for a new CB, and most fans seem to have their hearts set on Nathan Ake. Again, dunno how likely that is.

Also looks like Eriksen isn't going anywhere, which means Ceballos likely isn't coming here either.

But to be honest, Ndombele was the one we really wanted (and needed), so unless we lose Eriksen and Toby I think anything more than that and one of Sessegnon/Lo Celso/Olmo will make a good summer for us.
    Not sure if I was a Spurs fan I'd be happy with Foyth as my first choice RB. However I'd trust in Poch if that's what he believes.

Aside from that- I think everything else you said is pretty fair and I could see that happening with Sessegnon towards the end of the market as well.

I'm surprised Roma are offering any money and not trying a loan deal option. Italian clubs are ridiculous for a loan deal.

Spurs are interested in Zaniolo of Roma too, apparently. Might be a part-exchange deal to be made there.
    Last edited by Deco90; 07-16-2019 at 12:52 PM.

I’m Not Booked!

Status

I'm okay with it, actually. He played there a couple of times last season and looked good, and apparently he played there in the Copa America for Argentina and really stood out. He's very good technically and got decent pace. It's not like between Trippier, Aurier, Walker Peters and Davies we've been blessed with world class full backs up to now, and yet Poch knows how to get them to play. If he says Foyth is the man for the job, then I believe him.

Plus, I'd sooner us see an opportunity and try and make something of it as we always have than throw cash around unnecessarily. Like we did with Sissoko, really. There's too much "waste" in football for my liking, where players get discarded straight away for the next big thing, that doesn't play out as they want, and they start again. Both Spurs and Liverpool have proven the value of identifying opportunities to make the system work, rather than just spend to solve problems. And if it doesn't work, I'm almost certain we'll grab Max Aarons at the end of the season anyway if he manages the Premier even remotely well.

Zaniolo I'd missed off my list, but yeah the links are there. Personally I doubt it, but the rumours are certainly lingering.

MERHABALAR AQ

Status
      Country                    Turkey

De Ligt to Juve is done deal.
    Worker bees can leave.
    Even drones can fly away.
    The Queen is their slave.

Thread Information