Page 291 of 291 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291
Results 5,801 to 5,808 of 5808

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

It is a strange one for Arsenal or is it just Emerys ploy haha. Papers are saying Rambo could go this month in Juve cough up £18m
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It is a strange one for Arsenal or is it just Emerys ploy haha. Papers are saying Rambo could go this month in Juve cough up £18m
    If we are hard up for money, then selling Rambo who is leaving anyway does make some sense. But I've also heard that they absolutely do not want to sell. Cuz what club wants to actually bring in money on transfers lol?

The Ozil situation just confounds me. So much of what Emery has said thru his tenure about Ozil makes it seem odd. He is also fairly pragmatic, so he has to realize we need creative and lack creative spark at this point, especially with other injuries. I've listened to WAY to much chatter about it on some Arsenal podcasts and theories are all over the place. But I just have a hard time thinking its purely down to Emery trying to squeeze him out and get rid. I think there's more at play here.

In super extra awesome Arsenal news, Sven Mislintat is possibly leaving. 1 year after being a huge signing from Dortmund. Apparently a variety of factors - not actually having money to spend as a club, the manager having significant input into transfer decisions (counter to what was established when Sven arrived) and Arsenal possibly looking at adding a full Director of Football.... I get why he wants go. Also Bayern are supposedly interested and while I'm not sure that would be the best place to work his magic, at least he would get to spend money.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

Might as well sell off Ramsey for 18m and let him go this month, especially if we're trying to bring in James on Loan. Doubt either will happen, but ya know, dreams...and stuff.

Established Veteran

Status

Arnautovic to China is a strange one. Why won't West Ham sell? £50m for a 29 year old is great business haha.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Arnautovic to China is a strange one. Why won't West Ham sell? £50m for a 29 year old is great business haha.
    Its great business.... but at some point, it stops being about the money and you have to consider it from a personnel perspective. The club doesn't NEED that money. If they depserately need 3 or 4 new players, then maybe, but that's not really West Ham's need. And they cannot get a replacement-level player for Arnautovic, which isn't a matter of money but simply that its hard for a club of their stature to attract a player of that caliber. so if he can do more for them on the pitch than anyone they can bring in.... kinda makes some sense to say no. Until he pulls a Payet, at least.

And some Arsenal crap....

So dunno how much its gone out to mainstream media beyond the Arsenal medial, but there were fairly credible reports this week that Unai Emery has told Ozil that he should look to leave the club. Ozil doesn't want to go anywhere. Its a shitty situation and there is no easy resolution.

Easy take is that Emery doesn't want Ozil and is forcing him out. But I've mentioned before that I think there's more to it than that. It seems like a club decision. I suspect there are goings-on behind the scenes that are impacting it, beyond the financial considerations of that huge contract and what's it doing the club finances. That idea alone is frustrating - its not like they wouldn't have known that when the contract was signed. Phillippe Auclair mentioned something on the ArseCast that I've wondered about before - the issues around the World Cup and the German squad. It was obvious that it impacted Ozil and the hope was that he would turn it into motivation for this season. That hasn't happened. So maybe its impact on him was greater than anyone realized. Which would make some sense, I suppose - it wouldn't be strange if he expected to get some degree of support from his German national teammates, but instead, they along with the federation denied that any problem existed. That could amount to a personal betrayal from people you probably respected and trusted. If that's the case, if Ozil is just emotionally broken and the "fatherly hand" Emery tried for the first bit this season was not having any impact, I can understand why they my try to motivate him differently. But if they flat out have given up on his as a club and he has no interested in going.... this is only going to get uglier.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

This Sala thing is so fucking mental what the fuck

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    This Sala thing is so fucking mental what the fuck
    Ridiculously tragic for the guy, his family and the other passengers, and what a surreal situation for Cardiff to be in with a player that's never played for them.

Established Veteran

Status

The Sala thing is horrific. With only him and the pilot being on board, it makes it all the stranger, especially given some of the information we know. It's a sickener all round. He just signed to play in the Premiership and was on a high only for tragedy to strike.

Thread Information