Page 290 of 291 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291 LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 5808

Thread: Transfer Talk Thread

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Transfer Talk Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Getting Holgate on loan is great business Ed.
    Yeah I think so too. We're lacking options at the back and if he's comfortable playing RB that'll be a big improvement to us.

We're apparently interested in James McCarty from Everton as well, might be a mutually beneficially loan with him now recovered from the leg break and needing match fitness.

I'm just crossing everything that Leicester don't want Harvey Barnes back, that'll pretty much kill our promotion push given the way we play.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

I don't see McCarthy getting back into the Everton team this season, so a loan deal would be great for him. I guess the Barnes situation will depend on if Puel stays...my gut says he'll be staying so can see Barnes staying where he is for now....unless Newport beat them on the weekend of course haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

THE MAN

Status

Colin wanting to take the moral highground and talk about lacking class towards other clubs . A lecture in class from that cunt, i'd rather listen to a lecture on racial diversity from Hulk Hogan. Colin has used a post match interview to blast liverpool to totally deflect away that he rested a bunch of key players today and it didn't work and league 1 gillingham knocked them out the cup, sounds a little lacking in class towards Gillingham to me.

Can't blame the boy for turning them down to play RB for Bournemouth where you can bomb up the wing all game and they don't keep clean sheets anyway, put him straight in fantrax when I saw that deal.

Shake, enjoy Oli Burke, idk if he's a shite trainer or a dickhead but 4-5 coaches now just haven't wanted to use him at Albion. He's got blistering pace, if Rogers teaches him to look from his boots when dribbling with the ball to see where other players are, you might have another Scott Sinclair on your hands. Was really hoping he'd do something in the championship.

Established Veteran

Status

Warnock is a tit haha. Nobody would chose Cardiff over Bournemouth...then to go an lose to Gillingham just rubs salt into the wounds.

As for Burke...he'll look amazing in Scotland...just like Scott Sinclair

Man Utd linked to Yannick Carrasco...not quite sure we need someone coming from the left again so if the interest is solid he'll be used from the right.

The EST of WC

Status

There's no one in the league I despise more than Neil Warnock. I still lol at him trying to blame us for West Ham getting relegated. Can't wait for him to fuck off back to the championship.

Carrasco would defo be a weird move for United. Unless they are planning to offload Sanchez (which probably wouldnt be till the summer anyway)

Status

Warlock's complaining just sounds.... entitled. Maybe Liverpool legit did him dirty and he has reason to be bitching. But it sure comes across as entitled babble.

So Ramsey won't be leaving in the winter window. That's a good thing - we wouldn't have gotten enough for him to fund a player of substance, and he is professional enough to keep playing hard for us. And until he signs for Juventus, there is still a tiny chance something happens and he extends with us. So far, the supporters have treated him well and I hope that continues. He does not deserve to be booed for this situation.

Doubting El Dandy

Status
      Country                    UK

All this Warnock stuff is part of the narrative he's trying to build, I think. He's trying to do the siege mentality thing that Mourinho used to be great at. It's not the first time he's tried to spin a "no-one cares about little Cardiff, everyone's against us, everyone just wants us to go back down again" story. It's all part of binding the team together to prove everyone wrong, I imagine.

Either that or he's just a grumpy old bastard who doesn't care enough to keep it to himself these days. Either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Warlock's complaining just sounds.... entitled. Maybe Liverpool legit did him dirty and he has reason to be bitching. But it sure comes across as entitled babble.
    Fan of the Football Ramble, by any chance?!

Status

Yes indeed, keef. And every since they started doing that, its just too fun not to.

The EST of WC

Status

Welp, Ramsey to Juve in the summer is a lock. Good for Arsenal that he’s sticking round till the end of the season at least.

Doubting El Dandy

Status
      Country                    UK

Good for him too. He's one of those players who I think could still go either way, even though he's hardly a youngster anymore. He could still prove to be a top-ish level player, or he could end up a Bournemouth player (with all due respect to the Cherries). By going to Juve hopefully he's going to be challenging himself enough to start getting the best out of him.

GMT Baby

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Man Utd linked to Yannick Carrasco...not quite sure we need someone coming from the left again so if the interest is solid he'll be used from the right.
    It really depends how they see Carrasco being useful.

If Solskjaer sees Rashford as a striker than Utd's only real natural wide players are Martial and Sanchez. Mata is probably on the way out, and Lingard is surely more of a squad player and prefers playing centrally anyway. So buying another option out wide does make some sense, although it is a bit odd given how much Utd rave about Gomes and Chong.

Carrasco is inconsistent, clearly to some degree motivated by money, and nowhere near as naturally talented as Martial, Rashford or Sanchez. I understand buying that position, but I wouldn't be buying Carrasco.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I have never seen Carrasco and thought he was anything special. He feels like a Belgian Ashley Young, pretty good at football, hard working, but not good enough to be a top player for a top side.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Status

Regarding the Carrasco to Untied links.... anyone know where they seem to be sourced from? Because the same link popped up earlier this week with Arsenal. It smacks to me of an agent putting rumors out to generate interest in his player.

The link to Arsenal was before Emery's rather blunt statement the other day. Austerity Arsenal. Not surprised, but its weird to me to have a manager who just bluntly states that financial reality. Wenger would always say there was money, even when there almost certain wasn't, but that it would be spent when the "right" player was found. Always had the idea that he was sometimes covering for the board, so the pressure from fans would be put on him and not the board members. God I miss that man sometimes. But I really appreciate the blunt honest of Emery. Its a bit annoying as we have some fairly obvious needs, but guess we will be giving the kids more chances.

So if Hudson-Odoi leaves Chelsea for Bayern, that will be two of the brightest young prospects who have left some of England's biggest clubs this window. Diaz is leaving City for Madrid. Says something about young players getting a real opportunity at the biggest English clubs. The reports amounts would be the 2nd highest transfer free Bayern has ever paid and he's highly likely to get opportunities to play there. Heard a bit about how well Hudson-Odoi is regarded, and some of the descriptions make it confounding that Chelsea haven't given him any real opportunity prior to this.

Speaking of Bayern.... this isn't really a transfer issue, but Mueller has been banned for 2 matches for his straight red for KICKING AN OPPONENT IN THE FUCKING HEAD. And Bayern, being Bayern, are appealing that. Because booting an opponent in the head isn't a red card or bannable offense if you are Bayern, apparently.

Diego Lainez is leaving Club America for Real Betis. he was strongly linked with a move to Ajax and didn't hear anything about Betis until the deal was apparently done yesterday. He is the best Mexican prospect right now. The success of Chuky Lozano seems to have more clubs interested, but Lainez isn't as polished as Lozano was when he moved to The Netherlands. But still.... smarter move to go somewhere like Betis than a bigger club where he won't play at all.

THE MAN

Status

I hope Hudson-Odoi does leave Chelsea. Rubbish club for young players.

Harvey Barnes has gone back to Leicester, our promotion push is ruined That lad will play for England.

Established Veteran

Status

Was coming in here to pipe up about Barnes haha. Wonder if he'll go back out to a Prem club now?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

THE MAN

Status

I'm not sure why they've taken him back. They're 7th in the league, no danger of going down, no cups to play for, no obvious injuries in their team on the wings and I would highly doubt he's going to start for them because they're going along pretty well. Would of thought it would be better for his development to stay in a team that's in a highly competitive promotion push and still in the FA Cup, than bench warm for them. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Puel really wants to give him a shot.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm not sure why they've taken him back. They're 7th in the league, no danger of going down, no cups to play for, no obvious injuries in their team on the wings and I would highly doubt he's going to start for them because they're going along pretty well. Would of thought it would be better for his development to stay in a team that's in a highly competitive promotion push and still in the FA Cup, than bench warm for them. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Puel really wants to give him a shot.
    Or wants to loan him to another Premier League side. I'm with you though, let them develop for a full season with a team that's doing well rather than giving them 3 months and just as they're adapting they're sent somewhere else.

Status

Weird one if its to loan to someone in the Prem. What Prem club is sure to give him minutes that isn't in an ugly relegation fight? I mean, would you trust Neil Warnock to keep developing him at Cardiff?

Might just be wanting extra depth in quality if they figure they could hold on and push to keep their current position. Its not the deepest squad in the first place.

Established Veteran

Status

Absolutely ridiculous that we can’t sign players permanently and we have to make do with loan deals this month. No money available for transfers. How do we not have any money? It doesn’t make sense to me. It sucks that it's come to this. Arsenal fans pay the highest ticket prices yet we can’t sign players. We will fall further behind our rivals. Kroenke needs to either pay up or sell up.

I think the move to Juventus will be good for Ramsey. Hopefully he’ll perform well there. Glad he isn’t moving to another PL club. Hope he gives it his best for Arsenal for the rest of the season. I’ll miss him but it’s a shame we’re losing him on a free. He’s had some very good moments. Yeah he’s inconsistent and a frustrating player at times but he’s been a great servant.

Thread Information