Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE Wrestlemania 28 - Team Laurinaitis vs Team Long

Evil Admin.

Status

WWE Wrestlemania 28 - Team Laurinaitis vs Team Long

Desperate times, desperate measures. With tensions running increasingly high between SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long and Interim General Manager of Monday Night Raw John Laurinaitis, the WWE Board of Directors was forced to take a drastic step. The nine-member panel released a letter stating that sole control of both Raw and SmackDown would be decided in a 12-Man Tag Team Match – Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny – at WrestleMania.

Relations between the GMs began to deteriorate at Elimination Chamber when Laurinaitis announced his intention to govern both shows. Not surprisingly, Long took umbrage to the overt power grab and told Laurinaitis so in no uncertain terms, both in person and on Twitter, where @GMSmackDown and @WWERawGM have been strident in their criticism of each other.

In an attempt to determine who might perform better as dual GM, one week before the Board released the letter, it allowed Long to run Raw while Laurinaitis took control of SmackDown. The one-upmanship was fierce with Long and Laurinaitis even competing against one another in a match that saw Teddy roll up Laurinaitis, a ring veteran, for the win. The Board decided that both men had performed their duties above expectation and that, to determine control of both shows, Long and Laurinaitis must each choose a six-man squad to compete against one another.

On Raw SuperShow this past Monday, the rosters began to form, with Long naming U.S. Champion Santino Marella as his captain, while Laurinaitis selected David Otunga as his own captain. Before the night was out, Mark Henry had joined "Mr. Excitement's" troops as well. And with just three weeks until The Show of Shows in Miami, the struggle to add key Superstars to the rosters is sure to be intense. And the competition among Superstars to be selected to those teams promises to be just as ferocious.
    And here's your match to get on all of the midcard stars. I can see the teams being:

Ace:
    Henry, Christian, Otunga, Ziggler, Swagger and Alberto Del Rio

Long:
    Santino, Truth, Kofi, Khali, Ryder and Brodus Clay

I don't imagine it'll be anything too good since it won't receive much time, but it should be passable.

Belgian Champion

Status

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 28 - Team Laurinaitis vs Team Long

It's not that i'm excited to see this match but i just like the storyline. As for teams I just don't see Ziggler and Ryder (guess he will have some storyline with Eve Torres for a mixed tag team match) in it. And I really don't want to see the Great Khali in it.

Here are my teams:

Team ACE:
    Henry, Christian, Otunga, The Miz (i just see him getting in one way or another), Drew McIntyre (as for thanking Laurinaitis for giving him his job back) and Alberto Del Rio

Team Long:
    Santino, Truth, Kofi, Mason Ryan (just need some muscles in it), Justin Gabriel and Brodus Clay

Formally Flex

Status

Heres who I think will be on each team not included currently injured stars. Not sure about Teddys last man.

Team Johnny: Otunga, Henry, Christian, Del Rio, Ziggler, Swagger
    Team Teddy: Santino Kofi, Truth, Ryder, Khali, ?

Belgian Champion

Status

here's also a possibillity.

The beginning of a face turn of the Miz. Maybe Long says that he believes in the Miz and that he deserves to be on the card. So he's in on team long and maybe be the sole survivor? Come on you gotta give this guy a place somewhere on the card or else you wouldn't let him be the longest in ring competitor in the RR or the final guy in the EC

GMT Admin

Status

I'd mark out so hard for a McIntyre run in to screw teddy out of his job - wishful thinking?

Fire and blood

Status

From a storyline perspective, here's what I hope would be the teams:
    Otunga; Christian; Del Rio; Miz; Ziggler; Henry (no need for Swagger, he's nothing right now)
    vs.
    Santino; Ryder; Rey; Kofi; Truth; Morrison

If they could get Morrison in for Team Long somehow, that would help balance the match, because right now Team Laurinaitis looks overwhelmingly better.

I doubt that'll happen, although I do think that'll be team Laurinaitis though. The match should be given quite a bit of time since we haven't got that many more matches to be announced (something to do with Divas and Kane/Orton?)

kiss the ring

Status

Shame Henry is going to job to Cena next because this week he finally looked like a killer once again. Face team really needs a Rey Mysterio or Evan Bourne (or both!) to carry them, though.

Formally Flex

Status

They could feature Miz on Longs Team to start a turn. Like they did early in Cena's career at Mania. Miz could bitch about Johnny for his fall through the ranks.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Here is who I think will be the teams in the match.

Team Long: Santino, Kofi, Truth, Bourne, Khali, and Ryder.

Team Ace: Otunga, Henry, Christian, Del Rio, Drew Mcintyre, and Swagger.

#pipebombshell

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex Kavana View Post
    They could feature Miz on Longs Team to start a turn. Like they did early in Cena's career at Mania. Miz could bitch about Johnny for his fall through the ranks.
    After watching Raw, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Miz would be perfect for the last man in Teddy Long's team. The only real problem with it is that Long has literally no reason to trust Miz after the last several months with Miz sucking up to Ace. That and the fact that Miz has been on a losing streak for a long while now... Would Long want to risk his job on such a long shot?

On Vacation

Status

I miss the decent 10-12 man matches like the survivor series 2001 and 2003, those were fairly decent

On Vacation

Status

I'd like Ace's team to win, but at this point, it's obvious, at least to me, that Long is bringing it home. Ace wasn't on TV for years prior, and this is pretty much where he leaves TV again.

#pipebombshell

Status

Personally, I reckon it could swing either way CAPS, but that might just be because I want them to build Johnny up so high that when he falls from grace, it's epic.

#BigBooty

Status

Nah Long's team seem dead winners for me as well. I dunno I just can't see this sort of match ending with the heels victorious.

Belgian Champion

Status

Nah i think Ace's team will win this and that it'll end at the Bragging Rights PPV

#BigBooty

Status

Pretty sure Bragging rights is gone. Can't remember though but it's not even listed on WWE.com anymore.

#PardewOut

Status

Looks like Team Teddy for me.

Says something about the midcard faces when you have to shoehorn Khali and maybe have to turn somebody just to get the match underway.

Number of World Titles on Team Ace: 8
    Number of World Titles on Team Long: 0.

Fantrax Team: Keys of Ketamine
    Fantasy Basketball: Men Lie Women Lie Buckets Dnt
    Fantasy NFL Team: Everybody In The NFL Is On Roids

Quote Originally Posted by HBKCliqueGod View Post
    I'm pushing for a new angle right now. I figure hey I'm ripped as fuck but I'm always so focused on going to the gym. From now I'm going to split up my workout routine and go to the gym TWICE a day one for working out intensely and ignoring the noise. Two for just strictly hitting on girls at the gym. I figure I'll go there early around 2pm until 4 or 5 pm just pretending to workout but in reality scouting out girls and picking up on them when there on the treadmill and shit like that. Most girls just work out there legs that cool I'll ask them if I can treat them to a nice leg massage after there leg workouts. Fuck cardio I'm already 8% body fat I don't need no damn cardio I'm ripped out of my mind. I pretend to do cardio like walk on the treadmill and than introduce myself to the girls it's going to work I'm telling you I'll wear these tight tang tops. Some of them wear these short shorts omg I can't even focus on working out so I figure I go there early in the afternoon just to hit on the chicks, come home eat brown rice and fish, than go do my actual workout where I'm focused. Sounds about right.

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Nash View Post
    Looks like Team Teddy for me.Says something about the midcard faces when you have to shoehorn Khali and maybe have to turn somebody just to get the match underway. Number of World Titles on Team Ace: 8Number of World Titles on Team Long: 0.
    Looks like Nash has blocked that khali world title reign from his memory

And I fear long could well win this, but really hope that isnt the case.

#pipebombshell

Status

We can write-off Team Long off all we want, but you've got to remember that the final teams haven't actually been announced yet. Yes, the rumoured participants make sense, but I can't see them being that lop-sided. WWE have more than enough time to swap and change guys.

Formally Flex

Status

Team Johnny could have another member. This was tweeted by Drew McIntyre 2 hours ago."After suspending me, stripping me of my IC title, firing me twice and even deporting me...Teddy your F'n out!!! #TeamLaurinaitis".

Thread Information