Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT 2012: The William Regal Era

GMT Admin

Status

WWE NXT NXT 2012: The William Regal Era

Hello again,

Yep just as sure as when Terry Funk says he’s retiring, Ed doesn’t stay away for long. I have been bitten by the booking bug again, and with a fresh project in my head, I am looking forward to writing once more.

After spending a good month or so on a deserved hiatus from writing after my project with Diablo broke down, I was getting the itch back to return to the section as a writer as well as the moderator. The past few weeks I considered returning to World Wrestling Entertainment – 2011, but I feel as though the project got way too big for me, and given my mod duties were taking up most of my WC time, I was finding it impossible to write up a show to the standard I’d set. To fill you in, the first two matches of Extreme Rules are written......and it's already 20 pages long! I have no intention of ever completing it, but I do plan to go back one day and spill the beans as to where my plans where heading just so I can put it to rest, but for now I want something smaller and more manageable.

Some point last week, the idea popped into my head to do a BTB around NXT given how I'd only have to book 1 hours programming a week (compared to the 4+ hours I was doing in WWE: 2011) which is very desirable, and with Regal stepping up his involvement in the show on it's 1 year anniversary of season 5, it feels like a good time to take control and start booking. For those that haven’t watched it in a while, it has evolved from the challengers, rookies/pros and vote offs into a solid 3rd show with actual storylines that make you want to tune into the following episode - it's the closest thing we've got to the WWE's ECW brand, and I don't know about you, but at one time that was the show to watch. It is my goal to keep the show going in the same direction, building on the existing storylines already set up, and eventually calling up one or two superstars from FCW and booking their first steps in the WWE.

In terms of a backstory, nothing changes, the first show will be on March 7th and everything from the Feburary 29th episode will carry over - Regal is in charge, Kidd and McGillicutty are feuding, Titus and Percy are feuding, Trent's gone AWOL and Maxine is a sexy, evil ***** who Bateman and Curtis still want to be with despite being treated like ****.

My advice is to just enjoy the ride, I’m not sure how long this will last before I moan there’s too much modding to do and quit, but I have plans to take me through at least 6 months. The key thing for me is this just seems like a fun little project to run at the moment, which is just what I'm after, the days of me spending weeks writing pay-per-views are over, it's pretty much this version of Ed, or no Ed at all in this section.

A few acknowledgements:

Diablo - My BTB mentor and my favourite person on WC. Had he not shown interest in my work back in 2010 and encouraged me to improve, it's possible I'd have just given up and walked out on WC before I got the chance to discover how great this site is. I owe him a lot.

Ken - If it wasn't for Ken's eagerness to spread the good word about NXT, months before others said it, I'd have never given the show a second chance. He is to thank for the idea to book NXT and for getting me up to speed with current storylines.

Big Papa - His original WCW BTB back in 2010 inspired me to sign up with WrestlingClique and post my own work. Now into his 3rd edition of Empire, he continues to be an inspiration to write, and has been top dog in the section for the past 6 months or so.

The Natural - One day after I bailed on my project with Diablo and 'retired' from BTBs, Natty by an amazing coincidence finally gave into my pleas and returned to the section. He restored my faith in writing, and is a big reason why I wanted to return. Oh and I also base my 'home page' opening posts on his Natural Approach BTBs

Kabel - Is my go to guy for graphics, he's made the official logo of my thread and a couple of signatures. The dude is crazy talented.

Cyrus T - My WWE apprentice came up with the 'What Happens NXT' name for the weekly preview podcasts.

Also to the great members of the BTB Section, thanks for continuing to kick *** and grow in strength. When I started here we used to have about 8-10 what I'd call active projects, and a string of one show BTBs that died no sooner as they had been posted, now we've got a page and a half of active projects. It's always been my belief that this is a section that can bring new members to WC, that's why I applied to be the BTB mod in the first place. I'm very proud to see how we've grown and I'm confident we can continue to be the best place on the internet to share BTBs with others.

Superstars:

Spoiler:

NAME

Antonio Cesaro

FINISHING MOVE
    Neutralizer

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie
    NXT Champion

BIOGRAPHY
    Antonio Cesaro is a proud man. Whether he takes his pride in his Swiss roots that he believes have moulded him into the superior man he is today, or his unmatched intelligence in the WWE, Cesaro does not shy away from talking about himself.

On April 18th 2012, Antonio Cesaro debuted on NXT, picking up a victory in tag team action, as well as promising that his ‘perfect hybrid of brains and brawn’ would see him become a champion in the WWE. That came true a couple of weeks later on May 2nd when Cesaro beat 19 other superstars to be crowd NXT Champion.

NAME

Alex Riley

FINISHING MOVE
    Fireman’s Carry Cutter

ACOMPLISMENTS
    NXT Season 2 Runner up
    Raw Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    After finishing 3rd place on the second season of NXT, Riley missed out on a full roster contract, however by pulling a few strings, Riley was given a spot on Raw by becoming The Miz’s apprentice. Things were rosey in the first couple of months, but once Miz lost his WWE Championship at Extreme Rules, things started to get tense. After Over The Limit 2011 he broke out from the shackles of being Miz’s lackey and paid him back for all the times where he’s been given the blame for Miz’s shortcomings. Mentor and Apprentice would feud during the summer, with Riley picking up a significant win over Miz at Capitol Punishment; it was a huge moment, but unfortunately nothing came of it.

In recent times, Riley has returned to NXT to try and fight his way back onto the main roster, because chances or limited elsewhere. Riley seemingly developed a friendship, bromance if you will, with ‘Showtime’ Percy Watson, tagging with him on numerous occasions. At this moment in time it’s hard to tell if Riley will stick with teaming with Watson, or focus fully on a solo career.

NAME
    Curt Hawkins

FINISHING MOVE
    Diving Elbow Drop

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    Raw Superstar
    Tag Team Champion

BIOGRAPHY
    Curt Hawkins first gained exposure in the WWE as part of the Edge-Heads with Zack Ryder, two lookalikes who helped WWE Hall of Famer Edge in numerous matches. Later, Hawkins would taste gold for the first time in the WWE as a tag team champion with Ryder over on Smackdown.

After a short lived tag team with Vance Archer, Hawkins moved to Raw to start a career as a singles competitor. However with chances limited, Hawkins became more of a regular on NXT and Superstars than his new home Raw. It seems as though it’s in Hawkins nature to be part of a tag team, as another partnership began to bloom with Tyler Reks.

After searching for a while for a place to claim as their own, Hawkins and Reks grew comfortable in their role as NXT’s main troublemakers, constantly hitting out at authority figures that they should be in main events and pay-per-views, even going as far as to suggest that Hawkins should be the new General Manager of NXT to bring ‘Change’ to the WWE. He was overlooked for the position in favour of William Regal, but that’s not to say Hawkins and Reks haven’t given up their campaign for Change just yet.

On May 2nd, The Sons of Change became Tag Team Champions when they beat Kofi Kingston and R-Truth in a special guest referee match, William Regal doing the honors.

NAME
    Darren Young

FINISHING MOVE
    Double Knee Gutbuster

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    Former Nexus member

BIOGRAPHY
    Not many wrestlers have had more matches on NXT than Darren Young, having been a part of the very first season of NXT with his pro CM Punk, wrestling for over a year on NXT Redemption, and now on season six as one of the top singles competitors. The self proclaimed ‘Mr No Days Off’ seems to be improving with every match he has, and surely it’s only a matter of time before he’s called up to the main roster.

Currently Darren Young is feuding with ‘Showtime’ Percy Watson dating back to Watson getting involved in Young’s make or break match with Titus O’Neil. Whoever comes out of of this feud on top will make huge strides towards a move up to the main roster.

NAME

Dean Ambrose

FINISHING MOVE
    Not Established Yet.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie

BIOGRAPHY
    Dean Ambrose is a man who’s reputation goes before him.

He entered the WWE with a reputation for being an outspoken, hot head who many have suggested will never suit the company he’s apart of – he’s a round peg trying to fit in a square hole. The reality is, he lives up to that reputation. On April 18th Ambrose debuted on NXT, and ranted to a live audience about how underappreciated he is and how only William Regal seems to think he’s worth a WWE contact. However, Ambrose is willing to test that faith by demanding that Regal fast track him to the Raw Roster so that his talents can be witnessed on a grander scale. Regal immediately declined this demand.

Another reputation Dean Ambrose has acquired is that of a violent, unmerciful wrestling machine, however the WWE Universe is yet to see that side of Ambrose as he refuses to compete on NXT, as he feels it is beneath him. Time will tell whether Ambrose has made the right calls early in his WWE career, but at first glance, they’re huge risks he’s taking

NAME

Derrick Bateman

FINISHING MOVE
    DBD (Headlock snapemare driver.

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie
    Was engaged to Maxine

BIOGRAPHY
    Has any WWE superstar in the history of the show followed their penis more than they followed their head in a typical male fashion. During season 4 of NXT, Bateman was a hot favourite to win the competition, that is until he got the hots for the bella twins, and after all the double dating, Bateman lost his focus on his spot on the show.

He returned to NXT Redemption a few months later, trying yet again to earn that elusive spot on the Raw/SD roster. However not long after that, Bateman fell for the seductive ***** Maxine, who totally derailed his journey to the main roster with a distracting love triangle between him, her and 'Mr Weird' Johnny Curtis. A love triangle that is still rumbling on to this day.

Bateman and Maxine have now officially split up, but who knows what cupid has in store around the corner for Bateman; he’d be WWE Champion by now if he was celibate,

NAME
    Drew McIntyre

FINISHING MOVE
    Future Shock DDT

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Intercontinental Champion
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Early in his career, it seemed as though Drew McIntyre was destined for great things. Debuting in the WWE at the age of 22, Chairman Vince McMahon nicknamed Drew the ‘Chosen One’. With a brutal, unrelenting style in the ring, McIntyre quickly rose up the ranks, becoming Intercontinental Champion at the end of 2009 when he defeated John Morrison. Hungry for more success, McIntyre successfully qualifed for the MITB match at Wrestlemania 26 in his first year with the WWE, and teamed with Cody Rhodes later in 2010 to win the Tag Team Championship.

However, soon after dropping the tag team titles, Drew’s career didn’t just stop rising, it flat-lined. For months, McIntyre was hardly seen on our screens and 2011 was a largely forgettable year for the Scot. Teddy Long tried to wake McIntyre out of his career slumber, telling him if he lost his next match, he’d be fired from Smackdown. After several ‘last chances’, Long finally sacked McIntyre, although Raw General Manager John Laurinaitis found the superstar a new home on Monday Night Raw. At Wrestlemania 28, Drew helped Team Johnny achieve their win, resulting in John Laurinaitis becoming GM of both Raw and Smackdown, and putting his long time rival, Teddy Long out of a job.

However, McIntyre soon found himself on the sidelines again, and looked set to end his career with the WWE by handing in his resignation. However, NXT’s General Manager William Regal has thrown down the challenge to Drew McIntyre, work for him on NXT for 30 days, and then see how he feels about leaving the top wrestling company in the world. If Regal succeeds in putting the passion back into McIntyre’s performances, he may well have a hell of a coup on his show.

NAME
    Heath Slater

FINISHING MOVE
    The Sweetness

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    Tag Team Champion X3
    Smackdown Roster Member

BIOGRAPHY
    If there’s one thing that Heath Slater doesn’t lack, it’s confidence; the self proclaimed ‘One Man Rock Band’ could be on one of the longest losing streaks in history, but that won’t dampen his delusional spirits.

The fiery red head first debuted in the WWE on the first ever season of NXT, reaching the final, but ultimately losing out to Wade Barrett. When the season ended, Slater became embroiled in faction warfare, first as an original member of Nexus leading to his permanent contract in the WWE, and then a break away stable from Nexus called The Corre. Both alliances lead to Slater teaming up regularly with South African superstar Justin Gabriel, and together they went on to hold the tag team titles on three occasions.

They have since split up, and now Slater is keen to get his solo career on the right track, 2 years after debuting with WWE.

NAME
    Jimmy and Jey Uso

FINISHING MOVE
    Diving Splash

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Smackdown Superstars

BIOGRAPHY
    It’s hard to think of a tag team that’s debuted in the WWE with more pedigree than The Uso Twins. Coming from the rich historic wrestling family, The Anoa’i’s, Jimmy and Jey are related to The Wild Samoans, The Rock, and of course their father, Rikishi.

Before every match, The Usos perform the Siva-Tau, a traditional Samoan war dance that attempts to strike fear into their opponents. However that’s not to say The Usos’ are stereotypical Samoans that have previously been depicted in the WWE. They are not overweight savages, they are the modern representation of their family, wrestling in typical trunks and boots, rather than in beads and barefoot.

They debuted in 2010 aiming to become Tag Team Champions straight off the bat; they failed, but perhaps with a few years of experience in the bag, there’s little doubt that one day they will taste tag team gold.

NAME
    Joe Hennig

FINISHING MOVE
    PerfectPlex

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    Raw Superstar
    Tag Team Champion

BIOGRAPHY

Formally known as Michael McGillicutty. Now fully focused on a singles career, Hennig now makes regular appearances on NXT to get the message out to the higher ups that he deserves his big chance with the company. As a third generation superstar, the grandson of Larry ‘The Axe” Hennig and son of “Mr Perfect” Curt Hennig, Joe is immensely proud of his superior lineage and has clashed on many occasions with Tyson Kidd on the issue of belonging to a wrestling family, and pretending to do so. Their rivalry is possibly the biggest and most fierce feud to ever take place on NXT, concluding with a No DQ match between the two on April 11th....for now

NAME

Johnny Curtis

FINISHING MOVE
    Leg Drop

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Season 4 Winner
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Derrick Bateman doesn’t call this guy Creepy for nothing, the guy is taking the definition of weird to whole new levels with his love of chloroform and his freaky chat up techniques. Growing up as a orphan in South Boston, Curtis had a troubled, tough love upbringing which lead to him being kicked out of boys homes for his attitude. Now a man, Curtis has taken that aggression and channelled it into becoming a fierce competitor in the WWE.

Curtis won season four of NXT thanks to the guidance of his mentor R-Truth, earning him a spot on Smackdown’s roster. However, with opportunities limited on the blue brand, Curtis has returned to NXT to make a name for himself. Currently Johnny is trying to win back the admiration of his former lover Maxine, although it’s hard to view Curtis as anything more than a pawn in her schemes.

NAME
    JTG

FINISHING MOVE
    Da Shout Out

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Along with his former tag team partner Shad, JTG became favourites of the WWE Universe as a member of Cryme Tyme. Even though they never won the Tag Team titles, they were still loved by the fans for their exciting matches and their amusing side business of stealing items from other wrestlers and selling them on.

When Shad left the WWE in 2010, Jayson was left with no option but to pursue a singles career, a career that got off to a rather unimpressive and stagnate first year. Eventually JTG got the opportunity to become a pro on NXT Redemption to Jacob Novak, and ever since then NXT has been his home. Perhaps in the William Regal Era, the ‘straight outta Brooklyn’ superstar can start making an impact.

Recently JTG has been teaming up with fellow NXT Superstar Darren Young.

NAME

Justin Gabriel

FINISHING MOVE
    450 Splash

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Tag Team Champion X3
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Born and raised in Cape Town, South Africa, Justin Gabriel has all the potential in the world to be the WWE’s next big international star, armed with his high flying moves and technical ability.

After impressing in the first season of NXT, Gabriel became one of Wade Barrett’s most trusted allies in both The Nexus and The Corre, where Gabriel went on to win the Tag Team Championships three times with Heath Slater. He has since become a favourite of the WWE Universe and when he’s not wrestling on Smackdown, he brings his feared 450 Splash to NXT to take on more young, hungry superstars just like himself.

NAME
    Percy Watson

FINISHING MOVE
    Fireman’s Carry Flapjack

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie

BIOGRAPHY
    If there’s one superstar who embodies the fun factor on NXT, it’s ‘Showtime’ Percy Watson. Fun, Energetic, and always with a smile on his face, Watson proved to be a fan favourite with the WWE Universe during his time on the second season of NXT. However after a bright start, Watson was eliminated halfway through the competition and wasn’t seen again in the WWE for another year.

In September 2011, Watson returned to NXT as the friend and tag team partner of Titus O’Neil during the Redemption season, and the two impressed as a blossoming tag team. However as soon as O’Neil turned his back on the WWE Universe, the cracks started to show in their partnership, as Watson refused to turn to the dark side and feuded with O’Neil up to his call up to the main roster in March 2012.

More recently Watson has been teaming up with his good friend Alex Riley, it remains to be seen whether that partnership will bear fruit for young Watson who seems destined to make it in the big time.

NAME
    Richie Steamboat

FINISHING MOVE
    Sling Blade

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie

BIOGRAPHY
    Richie Steamboat is a young wrestler with a hell of a pedigree, being the son of WWE Hall of Famer, Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat, and the resemblance is uncanny. Obviously Richie physically looks like his father, but his wrestling style has several ‘nods’ to Steamboat Snr, with arm drags and knife edged chops in his repertoire.

That’s not to say Richie is only in the WWE to imitate his dad, in fact Richie is looking to move away from those lazy suggestions. Richie wishes to make his own name for himself here on NXT and break out from the behind the shadows of his great father. Winning his debut match on April 18th was a great way to start his WWE Career, and big things are predicted in the future for Steamboat Jr.

NAME
    Seth Rollins

FINISHING MOVE
    Blackout

ACOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookies

BIOGRAPHY
    After just a couple of minutes of watching Seth Rollins, you can’t take your eyes off him. His never-say-die determination to succeed, coupled with high-risk wrestling style and his unique hardcore image leave little doubt that Rollins is a star in the making.

Always a hit with the crowd, Rollins wants his fans to live vicariously through him, both so he can feed off their energy, and also to encourage them to chase their dreams, just like he did. One dream that burns brightest of all to Rollins is to wrestle at the big stage, Wrestlemania, and he’ll die trying to make it there.

286v668.jpg

NAME
    Trent Baretta

FINISHING MOVE
    Rope-Assisted Tornado DDT

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Trent Baretta broke onto the WWE scene from a young age, debuting on ECW at just 22 as part of ‘The Dudebusters’ with Caylen Croft. They would later move to Smackdown after the closure of ECW, but they would not find much success as teams with more experience such as Cryme Tyme and The Hart Dyntasy continually got the better of them.

Trent would reluctantly be thrusted into the world of singles competition following the release of Croft, signalling that ‘The Dudebuster’s were no more. No one could fault Trent for his effort and his ability to entertain the crowd, but the wins weren’t forthcoming.

In late 2011, Trent started showing up on NXT, where he would find his feet in the squared circle as a solo competitor. He mysterious disappeared at the start of 2012, with the NXT roster non-the wiser to his whereabouts. He returned to NXT in early April, but the reasons for his absence are.......out of this world.

NAME
    Tyler Reks

FINISHING MOVE
    Burning Hammer

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Raw Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Coming into a career in wrestling at a later age than normal, Reks was keen to make up for lost time. Two years after turning pro, Reks debuted in WWE on the ECW brand were he earned the chance to fight for the ECW World Championship. Later Reks would move onto Smackdown, where with his intimidating power, he secured his place on the victorious Team Smackdown at Bragging Rights 2010.

As impressive as Reks could be in his matches, his career lacked direction, but one man who might change that all for Reks is Curt Hawkins. The self proclaimed ‘Sons of Change’ are sick of all the lack of opportunities they’ve had in their careers, and now instead of moaning about it, they are going to take what is rightfully theres. Just a few short weeks into The William Regal Era in NXT, Reks and Hawkins have earned themselves a Tag Team Championship match.

They may be a thorn in the side of authority in the WWE, but these renegades looks set to be one of the most important tag teams in years, especially after capturing the Tag Titles on May 2nd.

NAME
    Tyson Kidd

FINISHING MOVE
    Sharpshooter

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Tag Team Champion
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Tyson Kidd may not be a blood relative, but he’s certainly flying the flag for this generation of the Hart Family. Growing up in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, Kidd trained up Stu Hart in the infamous Dungeon before getting personal guidance from WWE Hall of Famer Bret ‘The Hitman’ Hart. To show gratitude for his training, Kidd teams with David Hart Smith, son of Davey Boy, to form The Hart Dynasty and would go on to win the Tag Team Championships midway through 2010.

When the gold was lost and The Hart Dynasty went their separate ways, Kidd turned to singles action on his new home of Smackdown, where his reputation for being one of the best technical wrestlers in the company is growing with every match.

During his bitter rivalry with Michael McGillicutty on NXT, it was revealed that Tyson Kidd is in a long term relationship with Natalya, daughter of Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart. The unnecessary revelation causing more bad blood between the two young superstars.

NAME
    Yoshi Tatsu

FINISHING MOVE
    Roundhouse Kick

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Smackdown Superstar
    Wrestlemania 26 Pre-Show Battle Royal Winner

BIOGRAPHY
    Yoshi Tatsu has all the attributes to be the next, big foreign export in the WWE, with his energetic style and likeable personality making him a cult favourite of the WWE Universe. He debuted on ECW and impressed quickly, however that brand was in it’s dying days and Yoshi was moved from pillar to post, trying to find a new home, first on Raw and later on Smackdown.

In 2011 Yoshi became a pro on NXT Redemption for rookie Bryon Saxton, who didn’t last too long in the competition, but Yoshi would stick around, captivated by the opportunity to shine on TV. Yoshi briefly embraced his Japanese roots by wearing symbolic facepaint to the ring which gave him an edge in his rivalry against Tyson Kidd. He has since dropped this ‘dark’ side to his personality, but his desire to succeed in the WWE is still as strong as ever.

Divas:

Spoiler:

NAME

Alicia Fox

FINISHING MOVE
    Scissor Kick

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Former Divas Champion

BIOGRAPHY
    Many people have probably forgot how Alicia Fox broke into the WWE, so here’s a reminder. Back in 2008 she was hired to be the wedding planner for Edge and Vickie Guerrero’s televised nuptials. Problem was, Alicia got a little too close to the groom for Vickie’s liking, and Fox disappeared from our screens for awhile.

She remerged in 2009 as a competitive diva on Raw and Smackdown, proving to be quite resourceful and athletic. She quickly rose to the top in 2010 when she became the Divas Champion, the first ever African American to achieve this feat.

On NXT season 3, she became the mentor to Maxine, but she couldn’t work her magic to lead her to a season victory. These days, she’s regularly seen on NXT 2012 with her good friend Kaitlyn, hungry for all the competition she can get.

NAME
    Kaitlyn

FINISHING MOVE
    Inverted DDT

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Season 3 Winner
    Smackdown Superstar

BIOGRAPHY
    Kaitlyn’s WWE career came right out of left field, having spent some years in competitive fitness and bodybuilding, she overcame the reluctant mentoring of Vickie Guerrero to win the third season of NXT, the Divas only cast.

A win saw a move to Teddy Long’s Smackdown in 2011, where she tagged regularly with her best friend AJ Lee as the ‘Chickbusters’. Their friendship has been on rocky ground since Kaitlyn disapproved of AJ’s relationship with Daniel Bryan, but Kaitlyn’s friendship with NXT staple Derrick Bateman seems to be going from strength to strength. Recently, the two have let it slip to friends backstage that they are dating, although not everyone approve – for example the Official Match Coordinator for the Divas Division, Maxine, Bateman’s former fiancée. Quite the love triangle.

With an impressive physique, a hunger to improve and a warm personality, Kaitlyn looks like a future Divas Champion in making.

NAME
    Natalya

FINISHING MOVE
    Sharpshooter

ACCOMPLISHMENTS

Divas Champion

BIOGRAPHY
    Trained in the Hart Dungeon, and the daughter of Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart, Natalya has the reputation of being one of the toughest WWE Divas on the roster. She broke into the WWE with life long friends Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith, forming the Hart Dynasty, and not long after she managed them to Tag Team Title success in the WWE. Not one to shy away from competition, Natalya spent most of 2010 chasing the Divas Championship, winning the belt at Survivor Series in a handicap match against Laycool, before losing it to Eve Torres in early 2011.

Recently, Natalya was exposed by Michael McGillicutty with having a long term relationship with Tyson Kidd, a revelation that was never supposed to be public knowledge, but the two seem to be embracing the idea as the weeks go by.

Her combination of beauty, talent, and passion for the business looks set to keep Natalya on the top of the Divas division for years to come.

NAME
    Maxine

FINISHING MOVE
    Dragon Sleeper

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    NXT Rookie
    Official Match Coordinator of the Divas Division

BIOGRAPHY
    Maxine first debuted in the WWE during NXT season 3, the all girl cast, where six rookies fought for the chance to become a WWE Diva. Paired with her pro Alicia Fox, Maxine made it into the latter stages of the competition, but ultimately fell short.

Almost a year later, Maxine returned to NXT, revealing herself as Derrick Bateman’s girlfriend, and there relationship was ‘unconventional’ to say the least. After Maxine accepted Bateman’s proposal, cracks started to appear in their relationship and soon she was in the arms of Johnny Curtis. Soon she was engaged to wed Curtis, and the wedding was scheduled for the 100th episode of NXT, but that didn’t go to plan either with Derrick Bateman interrupting proceedings to bring the wedding to a halt. A couple of months later, and no one is any the wiser as to whether Maxine has feelings for Bateman, Curtis, both or neither – Women can be such confusing creatures.

Another man who has taken a shine to Maxine is NXT General Manager William Regal, who named Maxine as Official Match Coordinator of the Divas Division on April 11th 2012.

Other:

Spoiler:

NAME

Josh Matthews

ROLE
    Play-by-Play Announcer

BIOGRAPHY
    Josh began his WWE career in 2001 on the MTV reality TV show Tough Enough, but soon found that being a wrestler wasn’t quite for him. However, instead of leaving the world of wrestling forever, Josh became a television interviewer for Smackdown, and later other WWE shows.

From there, Josh transitioned to the announcers table and began to work commentary alongside Michael Cole on the first ever series of NXT. Since then, Matthews hasn’t missed an episode and although his colour commentary partner often changes, he looks set to have a permanent seat on NXT.

NAME
    Matt Striker

ROLE
    NXT Host

BIOGRAPHY
    It’s fair to say Matt Striker has hopped around from job to job in his life. Starting off as a teacher, Striker soon left the world of education behind as his life’s passion, wrestling came calling. After touring in Japan, Striker was offered a contract with the WWE and spent 2 years as a professional wrestler with the company, even making it onto the card at Wrestlemania 23. From there, Striker tried his hand at management, aligning himself with Big Daddy V, before leaving the in ring side of wrestling alone for good. He began to commentate on ECW with Todd Grisham and from there he’s moved onto announcing Smackdown, and pay-per-views as part of a three man team. However, it was on a brand new show where Striker would truly stand out in the WWE, NXT.

From the very first episode, Striker was tasked with performing the backstage interviews with both rookies and pros and he was the ‘master of ceremonies’ when it came to challenges and eliminations. In brief, he was given the role of NXT Host, and he continues to have that role today, 100 episodes later. In many ways, Striker’s current role as NXT host can draw on the experiences he learned during his time in education. When you think about it, in NXT Striker is working with the younger generation, using his knowledge to help mould themselves into something better.

NAME
    Tony Chimel

ROLE
    Ring Announcer

BIOGRAPHY
    Since 1991, Tony Chimel’s unforgettable voice has filled WWE arenas across the world. After a short time as an all round technician for the WWE, Tony transitioned to a back up ring announcer, standing in when the likes of Howard Finkel could not make a show. That opened the door for Tony to be the original ring announcer for WWE Smackdown, a position he held on and off for 10 years.

Today, Tony is found every week on NXT, assisting William Regal as the exclusive ring announcer for the show.

NAME
    William Regal

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    Intercontinental Champion
    European Champion
    Tag Team Champion
    Hardcore Champion
    2008 King of the Ring
    NXT General Manager
    Former Raw General Manager

BIOGRAPHY
    William Regal is our Morphus of the crazy world that is NXT, trying to be the calm amongst the storm, wisely guiding us through the chaos. In March 2012 after a spell of being a Pro and a commentator on the show, the WWE Board of Directors named Regal as the new ‘General Manager’ for NXT and it was his duty to now prepare the younger generation for the main WWE roster.

Born and raised in Blackpool, England, William Regal has long since flown the flag for British Wrestling. There are few superstars in the WWE with more technical ability and more evil tenacities than Sir William, and even in the autumn of his career, he is still one opponent superstars would rather not have a match against. Many have said it, William Regal is the greatest superstar never to have won a World Championship, and few would disagree.

He may be semi-retired now, and rarely do we see Regal walk down to the ring in one of his famous robes, but he is still making his impact in the WWE after more than 20 years in the business.

Tag Teams:

Spoiler:

JTG and Young: JTG and Darren Young
    Riley and Watson: Alex Riley and Percy Watson
    The Sons of Change: Tyler Reks & Curt Hawkins
    The Usos: Jey and Jimmy Uso

Champions:

Spoiler:

NXT Champion
    - Antonio Cesaro
    Champion since 02/05/12 - 1 defence made
    defeated Drew McIntyre 16/05/12

WWE Tag Team Champions - The Sons of Change
    Champions since 02/05/12 - 1 defence made
    defeated Kofi Kingston and R-Truth 20/05/12

I wouldn't get too 'bogged down' with the details of the NXT Roster, all I've done is post the superstars who've appeared on the show in some for during 2012, technically it's just anyone who hasn't got a regular slot on Raw or Smackdown. For the purposes of this BTB, Darren Young, Derrick Bateman, Percy Watsonl, and Maxine are essentially still rookies who have yet to be assigned a brand and will only appear on NXT until they are 'called up'. Everyone else listed on the roster are assigned brands and are free to make appearances on shows other than NXT, but that won't be focused on during this BTB, I'm only booking the one show here. The one thing they all have in common is that they are on NXT for exposure and they use the show as a stepping stone to a regular spot on Raw or Smackdown. As Johnny Ace would say, 'if you don't got it, get it, and if you don't get it..........figure it out.

Shows will be linked here as and when they are posted.

The Regal Era Begins:
    Episode 1 - 7th March 2012

GTFO Titus O'Neil:

Episode 2 - 14th March 2012

The Chloroform Sting:
    Episode 3 - 21st March 2012

There Is Trent:

Episode 4 - 28th March 2012

Dr Laurinaitis, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love People Power:
    Episode 5 - 4th April 2012

The Rubber Match:
    Episode 6 - 11th April 2012

How To Lose Friends and Alienate Regal:
    Episode 7 - 18th April 2012

The Death of Michael McGillicutty:
    Episode 8 - 25th April 2012

The Ecstasy of Gold:
    Episode 9 - 2nd May 2012

Cesaro and The Chocolate Factory:
    Episode 10 - 9th May 2012

28 Days Later:
    Episode 11 - 16th May 2012

An All World Promotion:
    Episode 12 - 23rd May 2012

Timesplitters:
    Episode 13 - 30th May 2012
    Last edited by Ed; 02-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Established Veteran

Status

Re: NXT 2012: The William Regal Era

Glad to see you're back and despite me not following NXT itself, a small show like this should be easy to follow so I'll be keeping in touch with this thread. Looking forward to see what you've got cooked up storyline wise :] Will you still be going with a full show format or are you going to lighten the load with more of a recap? Good luck with the thread and may it prosper! We're missing out on IATD posting again and Diablo getting the BTB itch. That way the Fab Five will all be active.
    Spoiler:

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Glad to see you're back and despite me not following NXT itself, a small show like this should be easy to follow so I'll be keeping in touch with this thread. Looking forward to see what you've got cooked up storyline wise :] Will you still be going with a full show format or are you going to lighten the load with more of a recap? Good luck with the thread and may it prosper! We're missing out on IATD posting again and Diablo getting the BTB itch. That way the Fab Five will all be active.
    Thanks GOAT.

Don't worry about not having seen the show recently, I'll be filling in the blanks during the first show to bring everybody up to speed.

In terms of full show or recap?, matches are in recap form, but promos I've written out full length for now; imagine my old Raw or SD shows and then half the length, that should be a decent idea of what to expect. I really don't think it's worth recapping a one hour show because there would be barely be enough to read and I think people would zone out of it pretty quickly, especially those who don't watch NXT, if I cut out the details. Ask me again after a few shows though

When I started to get that itch again, Diablo told me he wasn't returning and IATD just disappeared.......so close to GOAT's Fab Fave booking at the same time.

Backyarder

Status

I've been watching NXT the past few months, since the beginning of the year I'd say, and if I had to describe it in one word, it would be consistent. It consistently puts out rather entertaining shows, in which even if they don't make sense are may seem a little stupid, it's just extremely fun and entertaining to watch. Hopefully you keep that aspect of the show as well as adding your own little twist on things.

I'm just starting to read more and more on this sight now and I've heard and seen that you are a very capable booker and writer so this should be one hell of a ride. Good luck dude, make this thread prosper!

Squash Fodder

Status

I'll be following this man. Look forward to reading, and again, I love something really different.

Killing It.

Status

Ed, I love you! I can't believe you're actually doing an NXT BTB! I'm pumped! Obviously I'll be following.

oG $wank

Status

Alex Riley and Percy Watson ftw.

The EC: Good for Business.

=======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I've been watching NXT the past few months, since the beginning of the year I'd say, and if I had to describe it in one word, it would be consistent. It consistently puts out rather entertaining shows, in which even if they don't make sense are may seem a little stupid, it's just extremely fun and entertaining to watch. Hopefully you keep that aspect of the show as well as adding your own little twist on things.

I'm just starting to read more and more on this sight now and I've heard and seen that you are a very capable booker and writer so this should be one hell of a ride. Good luck dude, make this thread prosper!
    Thanks Flex,

I'd agree it's a pretty consistent show on the whole, it's certainly a better watch than Superstars. The only time I feel it dips is when Tyson Kidd doesn't have a match, because he's been the MVP for the show when it comes to in ring action.

I'm not sure I deserve my reputation on this section, I wouldn't personally put myself in the same category as Papa, Natural, Destroyer, EC, Diablo etc, I only started winning awards once Diablo stopped booking, then I just coasted off my mod status for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by epo View Post
    I'll be following this man. Look forward to reading, and again, I love something really different.
    Thanks mate, it's always good to be a little different in this section, helps you stand out although I'm sure there will be people who don't want to read this because they aren't familiar with the show. It's a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    Ed, I love you! I can't believe you're actually doing an NXT BTB! I'm pumped! Obviously I'll be following.
    I love you to Kakarot, thought you'd enjoy this news more than others given you watch the show. I've seen people try and make a NXT BTB work, but they don't stick at it long enough, here's hoping I can break the trend!

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Alex Riley and Percy Watson ftw.
    and Trent, and Tyson, and Bateman, and Curtis, and Maxine.........

Thanks for clicking EC!

oG $wank

Status

Actually, I don't like Derrick Bateman that well. He's a little middle-of-the-road for me. I don't think he projects a superstar personality the way a lot of others on this show do, but I'll take what I can get. I still stand by Percy and Riley being my two favorites. All I can say is that I hope to see many Michinoku Driver's by A-Ry throughout this BTB. I find that he actually has one of the most diverse arsenals in all of the WWE right now, whether it be his spinebuster variations, his F-5, or of course the awesome use of the Michinoku Driver.

Also, you have to stop holding me to such high standards. You tell people how good I am and then I can't live up to the hype. Do you have any idea what kind of pressure you put on me!?
    Last edited by The EC; 03-12-2012 at 02:08 PM.

The EC: Good for Business.

~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~

People's Champion

Status

I am pretty sure that this guy still wears the cap for longest running BTB.....

Looks great Ed. Welcome back Ed Foley. hahah. ha. haha.
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Actually, I don't like Derrick Bateman that well. He's a little middle-of-the-road for me. I don't think he projects a superstar personality the way a lot of others on this show do, but I'll take what I can get. I still stand by Percy and Riley being my two favorites. All I can say is that I hope to see many Michinoku Driver's by A-Ry throughout this BTB. I find that he actually has one of the most diverse arsenals in all of the WWE right now, whether it be his spinebuster variations, his F-5, or of course the awesome use of the Michinoku Driver.
    Don't forget he's got one of the greatest themes in the WWE, let alone NXT

SAY IT TO MY FACE!!

I'm still annoyed Riley's summer '11 push went absolutely nowhere, that boy was getting some great reactions when he broke away from Miz, but they obviously didn't have enough faith in him at the time. Percy I've stated in the NXT thread as someone I could see breaking out at some point, the guy looks a potential star.

That said, I like Bateman, as a character to write for, he's pretty great given he's different and he's involved in one of the bigger storylines going on in NXT. I don't think he's one of the best in ring talents on NXT, but for promos and segments, he's good to watch.

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben Jay View Post
    I am pretty sure that this guy still wears the cap for longest running BTB.....

Looks great Ed. Welcome back Ed Foley. hahah. ha. haha.
    I suppose after all the wisecracks I've made at you for coming out of retirement several times, that was due.

And you probably do hold the record for longest running BTB, despite it's stop-start nature.

Thanks for commenting.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

WOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Great to see this come to life. There is so much about this that intrigues me.

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

Great to see this come to life. There is so much about this that intrigues me.
    Great Ric Flair impression btw

Thanks for commenting Papa, it means a lot coming from you. I hope I'll live up to your expectations.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I suppose after all the wisecracks I've made at you for coming out of retirement several times, that was due.

And you probably do hold the record for longest running BTB, despite it's stop-start nature.

Thanks for commenting.
    I never said consecutive longest running episodic BTB....lol
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

The Whole Fucking Brand

Status
    In a Hovel, underneath a rock............ in Narnia

Guess who's back, back, back, Back again, 'gain, 'gain, Eddie's back, back, back, tell a friend, friend, friend.

Haha, glad to see you back in this section. I'll be reading.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

When has Riley ever done an F5?

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Established Veteran

Status

It's a TKO not a F5, Fisherman Carry Cutter is the better term :]
    Spoiler:

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    It's a TKO not a F5, Fisherman Carry Cutter is the better term :]
    That's what I thought. You rarely see an F5 these days unless it's Kevin Steen, such a great move.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

gonna kill you

Status

HELL. YEAH.

Love me some William Regal. Was thinking about thrusting him into a GM role with NA2 but your BTB has inspired me to change it up. Good luck, fella!

Thread Information