Makdessi vs Njokuani

Danzig vs Escudero

Wisniewski vs Clements

Brimage vs Blanco

kiss the ring

Status

Re: UFC 145 : Jones Vs Evans (Atlanta) - April 21st, 2012

No PPV in March?

Seems like another easy win for Jones. The odds won't be great but if I can find a bookie that takes UFC bets I would happily wager on it. Reast of the card is kind of a bunch of nothing.

Rising Above...

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    No PPV in March?

Seems like another easy win for Jones. The odds won't be great but if I can find a bookie that takes UFC bets I would happily wager on it. Reast of the card is kind of a bunch of nothing.
    William Hill do (at least online). Jones is 2/11 with Rashad 4/1.

Underdog

Status

a pre-Wrestlemania post retirement post...Jones is fave for good reason...but I tell ye, rashad is going to be way way more competitive than the masses are giving him credit for. Im well excited for this fight - might slip some dough on Rashad just to raise the tempo further still. Be interesting to see how much closer rory mac is to getting his inevitable title shot...that boy got talents.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I think Evans is the last guy at LHW that has a realistic chance to beat Jones at this point. That said, I still see Jones beating Evans.

MizDow

Status

I am excited for this fight being I am a fan of both guys and that this fight should have happened what 2-3 months ago? The rest of the card isn't much, but I am glad to see Mark Hominick again. Ever since his fight with Jose Aldo I was glad to see him fight. Even when he lost his last fight in like 10 seconds haha.

Indy Talent

Status

Really looking forward to the Jones v Evans fight, then again I've marked out every single fight involving Jones. Yea he is a cocky son of a bitch, but when you back it up, it really doesn't matter. I see this going Jones way within 2 rounds. If Evans tries to stand up with Jones, it will be over in the 1st round definitely. The rest of the card is pretty average, actually it's pretty poor.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Jobber

Status

Alvarez v Aoki tomorrow, Jones v Evans saturday. Best weekend of MMA in a long time.

You were born free, you got f*ucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

*crickets*

uh go Jones?

The everlasting enigma that transcends all eras, all plateaus and all enemies.

Just when you thought you were safe...

You remembered...

Everything Burns.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Dug most of the card, main was kinda boring.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Dug most of the card, main was kinda boring.
    I didn't find the main event boring at all. There were only a couple of lulls. Jones tends to keep fights interesting and the power of Evans always kept that one-punch possibility alive. To be honest, I thought Evans broke his will by the end of the second round. By the late going, Evans sat in the corner between rounds and clearly had no idea what to do. He really needed to try to take the fight to the ground. Jones could be amazing off his back, and his long limbs make him extra-dangerous there, but its Evans' strength and was his best chance to win.

Rory McDonald is amazing. Moment of the night was Schaub trying to grapple the sky after Rothwell KO'd him.

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    I didn't find the main event boring at all. There were only a couple of lulls. Jones tends to keep fights interesting and the power of Evans always kept that one-punch possibility alive. To be honest, I thought Evans broke his will by the end of the second round. By the late going, Evans sat in the corner between rounds and clearly had no idea what to do. He really needed to try to take the fight to the ground. Jones could be amazing off his back, and his long limbs make him extra-dangerous there, but its Evans' strength and was his best chance to win.

Rory McDonald is amazing. Moment of the night was Schaub trying to grapple the sky after Rothwell KO'd him.
    Yeah, totally lol'd at that.

oG $wank

Status

Good news with Rothwell though, cause I really do love him. I think he may have got the raw end of the deal in his fight against Mark Hunt, but that he continues to move up in the ranks is great. I'd love to see Travis Browne vs. Ben Rothwell next, with the winner advancing to a contender's fight againt Cain, Carwin, or Nelson. Both are really making great strides of improvement and could be contenders in my opinion.

kiss the ring

Status

Schaub trying to grapple while out was hilarious. Really glad Rothwell won, he seems like one of the nicest, most humble guys in the UFC.

Was rooting for out boy Gill to kill the hype train, but McDonald proved himself further.

Was literally falling asleep during the main because of the time difference, but it was good. Agreed with Papa though, Evans looked stumped and should've take Jones down.

BTB Legend

Status

It was a relatively decent-to-good night of fights and finishes, but I did get tired of fights going the distance, especially in the preliminary card. Brimage and Blanco doing the cartwheels to impress the judges sounded like a good idea on paper, but when you do that after a very boring fight where you didn't do a lot of anything, it only turns the crowd on you because they wonder why you didn't put any of that effort into the fight. Wisniewski/Clements was highly entertaining due to Wisniewski(?) taking punch after punch and not doing anything to block them. Escudero/Danzig wasn't much but Danzig deserves credit for fighting on a badly injured ankle for most of the fight. Brown/Thompson wasn't that captivating and Thompson needs to work on his conditioning. Browne ran trough Griggs with ease and was clearly a level above him. That's not to say Browne is great but Griggs just isn't that good. The highlight of the undercard, though, was Joe Rogan going off on the referee when he stood a fighter up even though he was working on the ground. Rogan was pissed.

Bocek/Alessio was dull. Hominick/Yagin was a great slugfest but Yagin appears to have just the one gameplan; swing for the fences. It served him well here but he'll need to do a lot more and improve his cardio. Hominick wasn't at his best, though. Torres got smoked, but time will tell if it was more McDonald being that good or Torres just having slid that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Moment of the night was Schaub trying to grapple the sky after Rothwell KO'd him.
    That was classic. It was just brilliant. Schaub has a lot of talent but he just can' t take a good shot. It's a shame because he's a pretty good fighter, but that Arlovski-like chin will doom him to, at best, gatekeeper status.

Rory looked really good, as was the intention, but it's far soon in his development to call him a future champion. He very well might get there, but it is way too early to talk of that like it's a certainty and it's almost comical to call him the next GSP. Jones/Evans wasn't a fight for the casual fans but it was very interesting watching everything unfold and seeing what kind of gameplan each man had. Evans looked broken coming out for the third round; he had the look on his face of a man who had no confidence in himself to win. Jones looked improved in some areas but I wouldn't call it a great performance, certainly not one that would win over any fans.

Jones/Henderson, well, I guess Henderson has a punchers chance but I don't see him having anything else that will trouble Jones.

Curtain Jerker

Status

No one has a chance against Jones at this point. He should move up to HW.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Schaub is actually a fairly small heavyweight. He was 237 last night. Which means he's roughly the same size as some of the bigger Light Heavyweights. That's a big cut and with his body-type, maybe he couldn't make it. But I think that's his best bet. There are still some heavy-throwers at LHW, but its not like HW, where virtually every fighter has one-punch KO power.

As for a potential match-up between Henderson, I think Hendo offers a lot more than the punching power. People tend to forget that Henderson is one of the best wrestlers in MMA. The guy is a two-time Olympian. Its that amazing wrestling base that allows him to fight so one-dimensional with such success. Henderson offers one of the bigger challenges to Jones if Henderson makes use of grappling - not just trying for taking downs but stand-up grappling as well. Putting the champ against the cage and grinding him. A Couture-style. It wouldn't be pretty or entertaining, but it looks to be the best chance anyone is going to have. Will Henderson fight that way? I have my doubts. Even if he tries, I have serious doubts he could do it, at least not over the course of 5 rounds. I am really curious why Evans made so little effort in that regard, as it looked to be his best chance as well.

Like Father, Like Son.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

For anyone who missed it. Doesn't look quite as funny from this angle...

Like Father, Like Son.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

That **** is still hilarious.

BTB Legend

Status

Henderson was an Olympic wrestler, but that was 16-20 years ago and the guy hasn't 'kept up', as it were, I'm sure Dan trains wrestling but he doesn't train with the world class wrestlers, certainly not consistently enough, to where his wrestling would be considered Olympic-level by modern standards. That's not say Dan is a bad wrestler but I don't think his wrestling is as great as his credentials might initially indicate. And at 41, age will have taken it's toll on the natural talents Dan had that made him an Olympic-level wrestler in the first place way back when. Plus, Dan gasses hard once the fight hits the third round, and sometimes even sooner than that. The most contemporary wrestler, as far as top-level credentials go, Jones faced was Ryan Bader and Bader's wrestling didn't offer Jones any real trouble. I don't think Henderson goes down easy but outside of the one-punch KO power, I really don't see anything Henderson has that could give Jones any trouble, especially based on Jones track record.

Thread Information