Thread: Life After Death: The Legacy of the Notorious B.I.G. 15 Years Later

Why not life

Status

Life After Death: The Legacy of the Notorious B.I.G. 15 Years Later

This Day in Black History: March 9, 1997-Notorious B.I.G. killed in drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.

By Britt Middleton
    Posted: 03/09/2012 07:00 AM EST

Filed UnderSean Combs,Los Angeles,National News,slavery

Legendary rapper Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls was gunned down in drive-by shooting in Los Angeles on this day in 1997, a case that remains unsolved to this day despite numerous conspiracies about his assailant’s true identity. He was 24. Born Christopher Wallace, he would become the most famous act on Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Bad Boy label and would briefly be married to R&B star Faith Evans. Ready to Die and Life After Death, the rap icon’s only two albums, cemented his status as one of the most prolific lyricists in hip hop.

On a personal note from me, I used to listen to Biggie and Tupac as a little kid, forget the cuss words, Biggie told a story, on the hardships he went through, most people would be too afraid to talk about their lives, and he was so down to earth.It's sad his killer has not been brought to justice to here's my tribute to Biggie, you guys can post vids, from your favorite songs, etc.
    Last edited by HoHo Shoryuken; 03-09-2012 at 08:50 PM.

#pipebombshell

Status

Re: Life After Death: The Legacy of the Notorious B.I.G. 15 Years Later

Obviously, I know who Biggie is, but of all the rappers of that time, I'm least aware of him (taking into account his notoriety - no pun intended). Considering his discography is so small (2 albums! Really?) I should probably get on that.

#unbanlemons

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Obviously, I know who Biggie is, but of all the rappers of that time, I'm least aware of him (taking into account his notoriety - no pun intended). Considering his discography is so small (2 albums! Really?) I should probably get on that.
    I got much love for BIG but dude is one of the most overrated. I'll give him top 10 billing, not sure on being #2 behind tupac though.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

On Vacation

Status

Re: Life After Death: The Legacy of the Notorious B.I.G. 15 Years Later

I love Biggie, but Pac was a poet.

All the same, RIP Biggie and I did make note of this last Friday. I cranked Dead Wrong, Juicy, and Hypnotize at top volume on my drive home from work.

Thread Information