Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ECW: The Cuban Wrestling Crisis

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Ecw ECW: The Cuban Wrestling Crisis

Greetings fine readers of WC's Be The Booker sub-forum. My name is Radikal, and I'd like to cordially welcome you to the world of ECW: The Cuban Wrestling Crisis.

This project officially began in September of late last year on a completely different forum. Now, I plan to make it available to those of you here in the WC, in the hopes that maybe you will enjoy reading it as much as I have writing it. So, before we delve too deep into the storyline, there are a couple of things that will require some form of explanation...

Biography

My interest in professional wrestling stems from an early childhood, much like many others who remain avid fans of the sport to this day. I began watching World Championship Wrestling in the 1990's, and have been hooked ever since. I've seen my fair share of times where the interest of professional wrestling begins to personally wane from time-to-time, yet I always find myself coming back. Nowadays, instead of eagerly awaiting for the next Raw or Smackdown, I've become far more emotionally invested in creating my own world of sports entertainment.

I've been writing fan fiction since early 2003, and until now, have been specifically involved with Pro Wrestling Forums. I wrote my very first project, Radikal's WCW, at the timid age of 14. Back then, full-length shows were quite popular and summarizing was scorned upon. Nowadays, it's become quite the opposite among those who enjoy this craft, but I guess I just never got the memo.

Last year, I tried to renew the magic of my WCW project with a fed called WCW/WWF: Revival, a storyline in which World Championship Wrestling, not the WWF, becomes the victor in the legendary Monday Night Wars of the late 90's. Yet, for one reason or another, things never panned out with the project personally, and I chose to scrap it altogeth
    er. Nowadays, I've concerned myself with this specific project and aim to one day complete it as a trilogy of sorts.

Now that you've gotten to know a little bit about me, let's talk about what really matters; the project itself.

Understanding the Universe

Spoiler:

The events that follow begin in June of 2011, and are ultimately set to end in March of 2012. Unlike some projects, this one does not follow in real-time. In the "Radikal Universe," there are four major promotions that you need to concern yourself with. They read as follows:

• Vince McMahon's World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
    • Donald Trump's Trump Wrestling Federation (TWF)
    • Cary Silkin's Ring Of Honor (ROH)
    • Mark Cuban's Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW)

Due to the major calomities that begin to fall prey upon the WWE (which you will soon be reading about as our story progresses,) as well as the collapse of the second largest professional wrestling promotion, Dixie Carter's Total Nonstop Action (TNA), professional wrestling has reached yet another boom period. This ultimately stems from two media moguls, Mark Cuban and Donald Trump, who have decided to take their war of words on the social media network Twitter, and raise the stakes by starting their very own promotions.

But Cuban and Trump are not the be all and end all of this boom period. In fact, they have very little to do in comparison to WWE Superstar, CM Punk, who begins to revolutionize the industry with his infamous shoot promo on the welfare of all things WWE on the June 27th edition of Monday Night RAW.

Although this project specifically follows the shows of Extreme Championship Wrestling, it does not solely report on that promotion, as you must realize that the WWE, TWF and ROH play a very large role in my Universe as well. Much like the Monday Night Wars, this is the start of a very cut-throat era in the business of professional wrestling. Vince McMahon, after losing superstar CM Punk, is a man on the brink of professional ruin. While financially healthy, the WWE begins to make some very questionable decisions with their talent, creatively and financially, on-screen and off-screen...

Without Punk's departure and his ever rising popularity, it's very plausible that both Mark Cuban and Donald Trump wouldn't have entertained the thought of beginning their own promotions in the first place. Also, in my Universe, Sinclair Broadcast Group opts not to purchase ROH from Cary Silkin. Therefore, much like the WWE, Ring Of Honor is a company on the brink of financial ruin.

Also, there's much more to this project than just the shows themselves. What happens outside of the ring is just as prevalent as what takes place within it. This includes newsfeeds from various wrestling websites, Twitter announcements or "tweets" from wrestlers and promoters, as well as magazine articles and interviews. This is mainly done to keep you invested in what's taking place in my own created world, therefore if a new wrestler has popped up into the project, you're not scratching your head and wondering why or how he/she got there.

The Format
    Unlike most projects, this one implements nearly 100% full-length shows. While this may deter some from reading, it's the way I write and have always written. Some shows, (like CyberCore) are in fact summarized, while others (like Hardcore TV and monthly PPV's) are fully written out...

Descriptions of imagery, actions, music and everything that describes what you can't see uses the font Courier New, including matches. Commentary and verbal parts, as well as outside information, uses Verdana font. Headings and footers implement the font Palatino Linotype.

Matches themselves are hardly ever summarized and are usually described by what happens second-by-second. I leave up to you, the reader, to suspend your belief and imagine that indeed, these matches sometimes would take a lot longer in reality than they may appear when written out.

Unlike most BTB's, this one follows a chronological order of chapters. I use chapters because, when it comes down to it, there's a story I'm trying to tell here, just as much as I am a wrestling promotion and it's weekly activities. Eventually, I will post a Table of Contents for you to follow, located upon the post below me...

Acknowledgments

While I don't know any of you, I'd like to thank you for deciding to read my work and encourage you to post your concerns OR opinions without any hesitation. The only way for me or you to grow as writers is to be honest with one another, and be acceptive of another's constructive criticism or praise with open arms and a willingness to improve.

From my PW family (even though they aren't or never will read this) I'd like to thank each and every one of them for giving me the confidence to do this and the courage to improve in creating my project. It's been a lot of fun so far and hopefully will continue to be that way!

So please, do read and voice yourself. I look forward to sharing this with you and acknowledging your work as well!

Thanks!

Sincerely,
    - Rad.

Last edited by Radikal; 03-10-2012 at 07:54 AM.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Re: ECW: The Cuban Wrestling Crisis

Spoiler:

March 7th, 2011 - Plans are put in place within the WWE Creative team to break CM Punk free of New Nexus, and push him as the next big face of the company. Although Punk's contract is set to expire in July, Vince wants to test the waters with 'the Second City Saint,' and see if he can somehow break into the hearts of the more commercial fans. The company intends to develop this push through a long list of great potential opponents; John Cena, R-Truth, Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry, Daniel Bryan - all leading up to a Wrestlemania match with none other than Chris Jericho.

May 1st, 2011 - Punk's long standing feud with Randy Orton finally comes to closure at Extreme Rules, where CM Punk loses his second straight match to the so-called 'Apex Predator.' WWE Creative finally formulates the plan for Punk's "Contract Angle," to begin or possibly end at Money In The Bank in July.

June 27th, 2011 - Punk infamously sits atop the entrance ramp in a Stone Cold t-shirt below the Titantron, giving one of the greatest shoot promos in wrestling history to thousands of fans live on Monday Night RAW, at one point even telling the crowd that "the company would be better off if Vince McMahon was DEAD."

June 28th, 2011 - Vince McMahon suspends CM Punk for his comments on RAW. Speculation over whether or not this is kayfabe runs a muck in the internet wrestling community, all as discussion of Punk's contract has continued to go unannounced to the public....

July 11th, 2011 - CM Punk returns to Monday Night RAW with a megaphone and discusses his conflict of interest with Mr. McMahon to the audience once again, this time in detail about the events that occurred two weeks ago. WWE Champion John Cena informs Punk that, while he does not necessarily disagree with Punk, his comments are a poor representation of how a WWE Superstar should conduct himself on air, especially with children watching at home. Punk informs Cena that he in fact is thinking of the children; he's trying to spare them of having to deal with another decade of 'Cenation' and spinner belts. A rift is now seemingly beginning to form between the WWE crowd; Either you're Pro-Punk, or Pro-Cena.

July 14th, 2011 - WWE's Chairman of the Board, Vince McMahon, is unable to succeed in getting CM Punk to agree to a contract extension. While Punk had originally been planned to win the WWE Title at the MItB event, McMahon Jr. is unwilling to let the Second City Saint walk out of his hometown the WWE Champion, without being guaranteed that Punk will return. Punk reportedly informs McMahon that the amount of pay they are willing to offer him is not substantial to what he feels he deserves, especially in loo of his recent growing popularity. McMahon proceeds to tell Punk that they will convene on this matter tomorrow evening.

July 15th, 2011 - Vince McMahon offers Punk a more generous deal than before, yet, CM Punk is unwilling to agree to the terms, as he specifically requests creative control over how his character is utilized on-screen. McMahon is unwilling to give up the Creative Team's power, and tells Punk in so many words to kindly excuse himself from the office.

July 17th, 2011 - Punk is welcomed in his hometown of Chicago with one of the most passionate reactions heard from a wrestling crowd in years, while John Cena is continuously booed at every corner. The two competitors put on a 5-star match in front of nearly 15,000 passionate fans. Before the match though, Vince McMahon informs Punk that he will be losing clean to Cena in his last official WWE match. Punk becomes irate, telling McMahon that he is unwilling to sabotage his image in front of the very place he was born and raised. A heated argument soon ensues, as several workers report objects being thrown, as well as McMahon taking out his frustrations with Punk onto the remainder of the roster. Despite this, McMahon has his associates inform Punk that he will indeed allow him to go out a winner in his own hometown.

Near the end of this fantastic bout, both CM Punk and the roaring Chicago crowd are stunned when MItB contract winner, Alberto Del Rio, storms the ring. The look within Punk's eyes reveal that Vince is attempting to screw him out of his win. Unwilling to fall over so easily, Punk goes against the impromptu storyline, famously breaking kayfabe and exiting the ring with his now new-found and seemingly stolen WWE Title in hand.

Spoiler:

SINGLES

Abyss
    Alex Shelley
    Austin Aries
    The Blue Meanie
    Brian Kendrick
    Chris Harris
    Chris Hero
    Chris Sabin
    Christopher Daniels
    Colt Cabana
    Davey Richards
    Diego Corleone
    El Generico
    Homicide
    Jack Evans
    James Storm
    Jerry Lynnn
    Jimmy Jacobs
    Justin Credible
    Kazarian
    Low Ki
    Madison Rayne
    Mickie James
    Mike Quackenbush
    Monty Brown
    Paul London
    Rhino
    Rob Van Dam
    Rockstar Spud
    Sabu
    Samoa Joe
    The Sandman
    Shark Boy
    Steve Corino
    Stevie Richards
    Tommy Dreamer
    Tyler Reks

TAG TEAMS

The Dudleys (Bubba Ray & D-Von)
    Jack & Quack (Jack Evans & Mike Quackenbush)
    Peligro Abejas (El Generico & Paul London)
    The Rising Sons (Yamamoto & Yang)

NON-WRESTLERS

Bill Alfonso (Manager)
    Christy Hemme (Interviewer/Ring Announcer)
    Mick Foley
    Joey Styles (Commentator)
    Taz (Commentator)

Last edited by Radikal; 03-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Squash Fodder

Status

Okay. I'm hooked fella. Hooked on your first post.

I'm really looking forward to reading this. I like when real effort is put in to shift away from reality (my BTB is purely fictional wrestlers).. Yours has fictional feds - hell, yours has a whole fictional world.

Good luck!

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

CHAPTER I
    HOW THE GOT PUNKED

After CM Punk's infamous shoot on the state of WWE backstage politics on the June 27th, 2011 edition of Monday Night Raw, the Second City Saint still faces the inevitable end of his written contract with the company. Chairman of the Board, Vincent K. McMahon, has planned to resign Punk after the Money In The Bank PPV - but not all things always go as planned.

In fact, Vince's assurance that Punk will resign with the company is appearing to now blow up in his face, as his shoot promos garner him much more popularity with the wrestling world abroad than he could ever have foreseen before. With Punk's unwillingness to resign with the promotion, Vince and his creative team now plot a different end at Money In The Bank - a clean win for defending WWE Champion, John Cena.

Punk pleads with the creative team to at least let him go out in respectable fashion in his hometown of Chicago on the night of July 17th, 2011, but as us fans know all too well, Vince McMahon has never been the man to do what people think is 'the right thing to do.'

Last edited by Radikal; 03-09-2012 at 08:49 AM.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Enter WWE Money In The Bank. The Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois. 14,815 fans are at a fever pitch from the very beginning of the show, chanting CM Punk's name at an almost deafening level. Vince McMahon is currently backstage; sweating at the brow. The WWE Chairman of the Board is riddled with nervousness, unable to calculate the scope of what his show may reap, by consequence of his eventual actions.

After an urgent meeting with his board of directors, Vince approaches CM Punk in the locker room, discussing over the finer parts of his main event match. Vince acknowledges to him that he has reconsidered the clean loss to John Cena, but that in order to maintain the prestige of the WWE Championship and save it from looking weak, he wishes for eventual RAW Money In the Bank Winner, Alberto Del Rio, to cash his contract in after the contest. Punk refuses. Already on edge, Vince McMahon storms out of the locker rooms, leaving behind only the trail of an already damaged ego...

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

***28 MINUTES INTO THE MATCH***

Michael Cole: ".. And Punk realizes he's gotta get Cena, and alm- almost a dead carcass, back into the ring."

Jerry Lawler: "Yeah, and that's the worse case scenario for Punk right there."

Michael Cole: "That's 240 pounds of dead weight you gotta get back into the ring, so CM Punk doesn't get counted out."

Cena appears physically consumed and in pain from Punk's GTS that had failed to land in the usual location of the chin, and this time rather, connected into the ribs of 'The Champ.' Both men remain outside of the ring, with CM Punk nearly falling over Cena in an attempt to catch his breath. Immediately after the referee begins the count, Punk rolls the WWE Champion back into the ring. He signals to the Chicago crowd, who praise him with yet another boisterous pop. Moments later, Punk returns to his feet, but is quickly met by an agile John Cena, who quickly locks him into an STF submission. Yet, Punk is able to reach back up to his feet, and begins striking Cena several times in his already weakened ribs, until he's finally able to break the hold. Punk kicks Cena in the sternum, and hoists him into position for yet another GTS, but Cena squirms out and lands on his feet! Cena delivers an opposing kick to the sternum, and lifts Punk up into position for the Attitude Adjustment..... but Punk breaks away! Cena spins back around, and is met with an Enziguiri Kick! Cena wobbles to the side for a second, until Punk lifts him back once more onto his shoulders, and cleanly connects with the GTS! He hooks the leg.... 1......... 2........ 3!!!!!!!!!

Chicago erupts into cheers, as the referee grabs the coveted WWE Championship, and hands it to CM Punk whilst raising his right arm. As the crowd and Punk attempt to collect themselves, the last few chords of "This Fire Burns," by Killswitch Engage blaring over the loud speakers, a familiar sight can be seen emerging onto the entrance ramp.

Michael Cole: "Well would you look at this, Mr. McMahon has came out here accompanied by John Laurinatis, the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations, one of the men verbally attacked by CM Punk a couple of weeks ago on RAW."

CM Punk continues to look exhausted, but has enough strength to peer back at the corporate stooges standing in his sight. Punk glares back at the two men with cold eyes, as the packed Chicago crowd can be heard booing from every corner of the Allstate Arena. Suddenly, Alberto Del Rio comes dashing past McMahon and Laurinatis, briefcase in hand. Del Rio slides into the ring, but is met with a very serious CM Punk who ducks under a clothesline attempt from Del Rio, and slides beneath the bottom rope of the ring. Del Rio appears confused, not realizing what he should do. CM Punk stares coldly back at McMahon, who looks as if death has now washed over his face, before jumping over the guard rail and exiting solemnly through the crowd, his newly won WWE Championship still in hand.

Last edited by Radikal; 03-09-2012 at 08:48 AM.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Torch

As many of you may well know by now, now former WWE employee CM Punk has become the most talked about man in the business of professional wrestling. Confusion and disbelief ran a muck within the community of internet, and even casual fans, last Sunday at WWE's Money In the Bank Pay-Per-View live in Chicago, when CM Punk apparently broke kayfabe and dodged the planned attack by RAW's Money In the Bank Winner, Alberto Del Rio. A puzzled, and somewhat unseasoned competitor was the man once known as Dos Caras Jr., as he stood within the middle of the ring like a deer in the headlights, before CM Punk coldly made his exit through the crowd.

The realism was drenching out of every pore of the last 45 seconds of that show, which left us, the audience, ablaze with questions, doubts and all sorts of hypotheses. Am I really seeing this? Is it real? Is there something more to this? Has Phil Broo- err, I mean, CM Punk (don't mind me and my sporadic Russo-ism,) secretly signed back already with World Wrestling Entertainment and we're just all a long for the ride!?

Aside from the obvious effort to not mention Punk's name the next night on RAW, the Tuesday following, those questions we're all put to rest, as the man we know as CM Punk, became the sole focus of a viral video that ended up being uploaded straight to Youtube that night. Needless to say, almost as quickly as the video was completed, it had become an overnight sensation.

The back story follows as such. Punk had gathered at a favorite local restaurant just outside of the Rosemont area, adjoined by good friends and former ROH co-workers, Colt Cabana and Ace Steel. After a good night of enjoying Chicago's finest ribs, Punk was approached by a fan with a camera in hand, asking him why he did what he did. The rest... is history.

CM Punk: "First and foremost, let's get this straight. With all due respect, I'm not Bret Hart. What I mean by that is, you can only screw me once. So basically, I told Vince he could stick his anabolic steroid-injected c#@! right back into his slacks, live on Pay-Per-View."
    CM Punk: "Don't fool yourself for a second into thinking that last minute was following storyline, because it wasn't. That was Vince McMahon, ladies and gentlemen, trying to kayfabe rape CM Punk in his rectum, let alone in the very town he was born and raised."
    CM Punk: "But you know what... everything I said in those shoots were 100% legitimate. I meant every word that came out of my mouth. Every word. And I'll be damned if anybody's going to ever cut my microphone off again. Yes, Vince offered me a contract, but the word that was transplanted within that comment is 'lucrative.' Unless we grew up reading different dictionaries, I was by no means seeing how that contract translated into him realizing what I'm worth."
    CM Punk: "I'm CM Punk.... and this has been an advertisement for the committee of recognizing Vince McMahon as a maniacal, self-righteous, soul-feeding pig. Vince, much like your theme song - your conscious has no chance in HELL."

Last edited by Radikal; 03-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by WrestlingClique.com

After a near decade of being the only chief competitor of World Wrestling Entertainment, TNA announced today that the company has filed for bankruptcy, due in part to poor television ratings, low pay-per-view buy rates, and an even lower backstage morale. "It was a good run while it lasted," said Eric Bischoff, "I think it's time now that I head back to Wyoming and focus on my brewing company. This business has given me so much, but I'm looking forward now to a quiet life in the mountains."

TNA's subsequent demise feels all too familiar, as the WWE once again reigns supreme amidst the top of the pro wrestling mountain. Look for the top company in the industry, who already have quite a lengthy roster to start with, to begin to trim down on workers with ending contracts in order to make room for the more drawable stars left behind by TNA...
    @Kurt_Angle: "Thank you, to all the fans who have supported and believed in me after all these years. I'll never forget you."
    @Sting: "It's time I settle down and live my life for God. Please allow those WWE rumors to die, people - I'm calling it quits."
    @Ric_Flair: "Packing my bags and heading back to the WWE... I can at least promise you that I'm not the Anonymous RAW General Manager."
    @Hulk_Hogan: "It looks like Dixie Carter should go back to college and re-take those Business Administration courses. This is a damn shame, brother."
    @AJ_Styles: "To my brothers and sisters backstage, and the millions of you beloved fans, thank you for the memories. I'd be nothing today without your support. Watch out, Chicago - here I come."
    Last edited by Radikal; 03-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Squash Fodder

Status

RT @Ric_Flair: "Packing my bags and heading back to the WWE... I can at least promise you that I'm not the Anonymous RAW General Manager."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by Prowrestling.com

Paul Heyman is a legend among the world of professional wrestling fans, mostly due in part to how he revolutionized the business in the 90's, as the creative force behind Extreme Championship Wrestling. Today, we had the chance to sit down with Mr. Heyman, to ask him a few choice questions about the wrestling business as it stands today, his plans for the future, and his thoughts on the hottest name in wrestling today; CM Punk.

PW.com: "Thanks for meeting with us, Paul."

Heyman: "It's my pleasure."

PW.com: "So, Paul, a lot has been going on lately within the industry of professional wrestling. The CM Punk-WWE debacle, Dixie Carter and the financial collapse of TNA, Ring of Honor failing to secure a television deal earlier this month... where do you see yourself amidst all of this chaos?"

Heyman: "Well, at the moment, I've been in a collaborative relationship with the UK newspaper and website, The Sun, as some of you may already know, as well as working on my multimedia project The Heyman Hustle. It's been a great joy to do, a nice change of pace, but I have certainly missed the industry as of late. To answer your question, of all my aspirations within the professional wrestling business, I'd be lying to you if I didn't say bringing back ECW hasn't always been a dream of mine."

PW.com: "So are you unhappy with the way things went down with WWE's utilization of the ECW brand?"

Heyman: "Oh, of course I was, and I still am. Don't get me wrong, Vince McMahon didn't have to bring back ECW, but he certainly wouldn't have done it unless he saw possible dollar signs involved with it, like any good businessman does. At the same time, I can't help but feel he tarnished it's legacy a little bit. There was definitely potential looming with that product, but as many of you know, Vince is a very stubborn, stubborn man."

PW.com: "Speaking of CM Punk earlier, how do you feel about him? His recent breaking of kayfabe at the WWE Money In the Bank PPV has been the most talked about topic among the internet wrestling community, and a couple of weeks ago on RAW, he referred to himself as a 'Paul Heyman Guy.' Care to comment?"

Heyman: "*chuckles* Yeah, I got a real kick out of that. Surprised Vince drowned his ego enough to let him say it. What can I say, he's a great competitor, and the biggest thing in the business right now for a very good reason. He's very intelligent, and I saw that instantly in him when we had the chance to work together back in 2006. I'll tell you this - of any of the people I'd choose first to work with in this business, he'd definitely get my vote."

PW.com: "Well thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule today to talk to us Paul - it's greatly appreciated."

Heyman: "Anytime, my friend. Anytime."

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by PWInsider.com

There is controversy arise in Stamford, Connecticut - and it goes much deeper than just the recent 'screwjob' of one CM Punk.

Last weekend, it was reported that WWE Inc. held a private conference to some twenty to thirty of the company's shareholders. At least it had remained private... until now. The controversial whirlwind surrounding the meeting boiled down to a financial acquisition by the entertainment company back in mid-2003, when the McMahon family and shareholders purchased the assets of the legendary 'Extreme Championship Wrestling,' which had folded after filing for bankruptcy protection over a decade ago, in April 2001.

Unless you were living under a rock, you'd remember May 2006, when World Wrestling Entertainment brought back ECW as it's third brand, even securing a primetime slot for the once legendary promotion on the Sci-Fi Channel. The brand saw surprising success, until it's eventual downfall in February of 2010.

Fast forward to now, and you can see it is a vastly different story. That's right, once again - the WWE is going to court, and this time, it's over the legality of their ownership of the ECW brand. Stay tuned for more, as we'll be giving you updates on the hour, by the hour.

Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Illustrated

As many of you know by now, the current image of the world's biggest wrestling promotion - the WWE - has recently fallen to shambles with what many people have recently dubbed as 'the Chicago Screwjob,' 'the CM Punk Scandal,' 'the Money In The Bank Monstrosity,' as well as many other miscellaneous titles. Although the company has been able to retain it's usual basis of casual fans, there's no denying that viewership has recently dwindled, which has been evident by the dive in television ratings the WWE has taken with it's weekly broadcasts, Monday Night RAW and SMACKDOWN!.

Many within the company have reportedly been twiddling their thumbs in anticipation for WWE's second biggest event of the year; SummerSlam. Although the week after the notorious Money In the Bank event was surprisingly quiet in terms of employee reaction, that has all but gone out the window by now, as many of the company's top performers have finally begun speaking up and letting their voices be heard. Kind of makes you wonder - would this even be a big deal, without the recent advent of social media?
    @John_Cena: "This isn't right. I didn't get into this business just so I could feel like I was in middle school again. People really need to grow up."
    @The_Miz: "Really? Really now!?...."
    @The_Undertaker: "I don't regret the comments I made a couple years ago. You're unprofessional, and you certainly shouldn't take a crap in the same place you eat, and that's exactly what you're doing. You're really living up to your name right now."
    @Kevin_Nash: "F#@% you, Punk."
    @Zack_Ryder: "WOO WOO WOO! Punk's STILL awesome and you know it!"

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

What happens when you're known as the hardest working man in the business, yet, hardly anything is ever working out for you? That's exactly the predicament that's been facing the most drawable star in professional wrestling today, Mr. John Cena. Cena is a 10-time WWE Champion, as well as a 2-time World Heavyweight Champion, yet he's never quite received much of the respect that most feel he truly deserves. Look no further than ECW One Night Stand in 2006, if you need any evidence of that...

A week after the unforgettable events of July 17th, John Cena sent a tweet that left many followers and fans scratching their heads in confusion:

@John_Cena: "This isn't right. I didn't get into this business just so I could feel like I was in middle school again. People really need to grow up."
    Just a few days later, in order to clear up any confusion left by the message, 'The Champ' met with us, Prowrestling.com, to conduct a one-on-one interview, which has only wound up confusing the situation even more....
    PW.com: "Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to join us here, John."

John Cena: "Not a problem whatsoever. Love the site."

PW.com: "Well thank you. So, to cut to the chase, there's been some speculation lately surrounding the intent of your curious Twitter message you posted a couple of days ago. Would you like to take this time to elaborate that for us?"

John Cena: "Certainly. When I posted that message, it wasn't targeted towards any certain individual, but rather, to everyone involved in the grand scheme of this dilemma. Did Vince do the right thing? Certainly not. Did Punk? Some could take it as such, but I'd be inclined to say he broke a big no-no in the world of wrestling. You don't break character, or storyline. Period. Regardless, both parties are at fault here as far as I'm concerned, and I find myself really disappointed in all of the drama that's been going on because of it. People need to put down their cell phones and focus on the fans for once, because their truly the ones losing out in this situation."

PW.com: "That's a pretty passionate response..."

John Cena: "Yeah, you're right... too bad we don't have all day." (laughs)

PW.com: "No, we certainly don't. So, that begs us to ask the other question that the fans have had stuck in their minds - what's your stance with the current management of World Wrestling Entertainment?"

John Cena: "Well, I'm gonna have to refrain from commenting on that question, if you don't mind."

PW.com: "Care to explain?"

John Cena: "I just think that would be for the best right now. Now if you don't mind, I've got a plane to catch. But, it was great talking to you. Thank you."

PW.com: "You too, John. We hope you have a very safe flight."

This is the YES Movement

Status

Althpugh I never joined the forum this was on. I've come across it looking for interesting projects.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by WrestlingClique.com

Remember the inaugural SummerSlam in Madison Square Garden, 1988? 20,000 screaming fans cheering as Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage defeated Andre the Giant and Ted DiBiase? Well, this show was in a completely different galaxy. One far, far away, where wrestling is nothing but a joke... Well, the WWE, at least. And no one's laughing.

Originally Posted by PWInsider.com

This was the worst show I've ever seen. My kids are going to have nightmares now. Thanks a lot, Vince.

Main Event - Grudge Match for the Vacant WWE Championship

Alberto Del Rio def. John Cena

The following night after Money In the Bank, Vince McMahon announced that a new WWE Title was being instituted, and a tournament was to be held that night to decide the two men whom would compete for the belt at SummerSlam. Both Cena and Rey Mysterio originally were the finalists, but it was announced just a few weeks ago that Mysterio had suffered a neck injury. Enter Alberto Del Rio, cashing in that coveted briefcase. This was a more than stellar match in the ring, and Cena really showed us how much he's improved this year, giving us a multitude of maneuvers we've never seen him utilize before. But even that couldn't save us from throwing our remotes at the television screen in reaction to the WWE giving Alberto Del Rio his first WWE Title reign. If the conclusion of Money In the Bank hadn't been embarrassing enough for Del Rio, then tonight was certainly the cherry on top, as the WWE's recent lazy booking is starting to show through. They're pushing Del Rio far too fast, and right down our throats.

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Randy Orton def. Christian (c)

Orton and Christian have been feuding over the World Heavyweight Title since the marquee Capitol Punishment PPV in June. Needless to say, this has been the most interesting rivalry of the summer, and the most must-see feud on SMACKDOWN! Unfortunately, this was the worst match the two have put on, but the packed LA crowd still loved seeing Orton winning the title. Female demographic was strong in this house. Giving 'the Apex Predator,' the belt so soon is likely the WWE's backup policy, in case Alberto Del Rio is unable to appeal to the fans very well as WWE Champion, but having Christian losing the strap just a month after winning it once again will no doubt alienate a lot of the WWE's internet fanbase.

Wade Barrett def. Daniel Bryan

There was no doubt among the fans in the crowd that this was the best match of the evening, but one couldn't help but think that Bryan was made to look especially weak by losing to Barrett. Not that pushing Wade is ever a bad thing, but it's certainly not good to forget to remind the fans who just won the briefcase last month, cause one could have certainly forgotten with the way they booked this match. I think it's official, folks - Daniel Bryan's going to be the first one to lose that contract, as well as the match he cashed it in for...

Sheamus def. Mark Henry

So much for that Mark Henry push, eh? Much to the surprise of some fans, Sheamus was able to get the clean win here. What's going on? I thought this guy was supposed to be a big, scary monster, destroying people left and right at whim? This was certainly a confusing outcome.

Musical Performance by Cee Lo

Awful. Just plain awful. As if we hadn't heard the theme song 20 times weekly in-between WWE programming building up to the event, Grammy Award-winning musical artist Cee Lo Green once again played us the pop medley of the wrestling summer. At one point, divas Kelly Kelly, Eve Mendes, AJ Lee and Alicia Fox came out and danced on the artists' piano. Wait a minute, was that a complaint? Okay, this was definitely the highlight of the show. I pay good money not to watch Kelly Kelly defending her Divas title on a Pay-Per-View event.

As the great Kurt Angle used to say - It's true. It's damn true. The WWE suffered it's lowest PPV buyrates in history last month, and it couldn't have happened at a more susceptible time for pro wrestling's biggest promotion. Hit first by the departure and embarrassment of 'the Second City Saint' CM Punk, then later by the stirring criticism of the company's biggest star, John Cena, World Wrestling Entertainment is appearing to look pretty shameful in the wake of the infamous 'Chicago Screwjob,' with SummerSlam painting us a better picture than any shoot promo ever could.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by The Wrestling Observer

Does this ring a bell of familiarity? As if the lowest bought PPV in WWE's lengthy history weren't enough, the McMahon family and company found themselves in a Connecticut courtroom this afternoon, facing charges stemming from their purchase of ECW in 2003. It all boils down to this - back in 2005, Eastern Championship Wrestling founder Tod Gordon challenged World Wrestling Entertainment's ownership of the Eastern Championship Wrestling section of the ECW video library, claiming that the state did not have the right to sell that section of the video library to Vince McMahon and the WWE. Another claim was that Eastern Championship Wrestling, Inc. was separate from Extreme Championship Wrestling, and that may very well be true. Although the original case in May of 2006 had been thrown out, Gordon had claimed that his intentions were to eventually appeal that deicision - and that's exactly what he did.

And now the latest word, surprisingly, is that Gordon may well have a very strong case on his hands. Using a decent portion of the funds that he's made from his latest promotion, Pro Wrestling Unplugged, as well as money from out of his own pocket, Gordon has acquired a pretty strong legal team in order to tackle the entertainment Goliath. Guess Tod might as well rename himself David, because there's a good chance he may win here, as the latest rumors flying around cyber space is that Vince and the WWE may be frightened enough to where they'd be willing to settle this dispute out of court. We suppose that only time can tell...

@RVD: "Someone needs to step up, and bring ECW back. Preferably someone not wearing a pink suit and toupee, dude."
    @Sandman: "More power to you, Tod. I'll drink to that!"
    @Paul_Heyman: "This is great news. Oh how the mighty are falling..."
    @Tommy_Dreamer: "Philadelphia, you should rise up and show Tod Gordon some brotherly love. Without him, we would have none of those precious memories we hold on so dearly to. ECW-4-Life!!!"

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by PW Insider

There's nothing quite like a fan from Philadelphia - especially one motivated by the tweets of their once beloved in-ring heroes. Such was the case today, as the McMahon family and the WWE, Inc. set forth for their second day of trial against the case of former pro wrestling promoter, Tod Gordon, who has sued the WWE in a means to acquire the lost assets of Eastern Championship Wrestling. And who was there to support him? Well, you guessed right - the fans.

Motivated by the online messages of namely Rob Van Dam and Tommy Dreamer, fans from all over the East Coast scoured to Connecticut, crowding the front of doors of the courtroom, protesting the WWE ownership of ECW. The local news station was even on hand, as well as a cast of somewhat 'familiar' characters.
    Hat Guy: "I've been an ECW fan for over 15 years. I went to every show, front row seats, until it closed down in 2001. But, I refused to go see any of those WWE-run shows. Vince McMahon doesn't have an extreme bone in his body, he just doesn't get it. We've been watching him run something that's near and dear to our hearts right into the ground for far too long! We're fed up with that, and Tod Gordon needs all the support we can give him right now! E-C-W! E-C-W!! E-C-W!!!"
    Faith No More Guy: "It's like watching someone adopt your baby, and then aborting him or her right in front of you. It's sick ****, man. CM Punk was right - Vince McMahon's a soul-feeding pig."
    Tye-Dye Guy: "That's right, RVD sent me. He was the Whole Dam Show, that I can't even watch no more because of assholes like Vince McMahon! We're all sick of PG; that's all you get anymore these days. You know, I understand we want to limit how much violence infiltrates the kids, but newsflash, Vince - we're not children! We want to see people crashing through flaming tables, barbwire, and thumb tacks! Not divas chorus line dancing, and John Cena winning a spinner belt every month! E-C-W!!!"

It was a good day to be Tod Gordon, as he and WWE, Inc. were able to settle out of court today for an untold sum amount. When asked what he will do with the reparations, Gordon simply responded, "I'm smiling now, and I didn't just do this for the money. I did it because it was the right thing to do, and now, I'm glad I've done it. Pro Wrestling Unplugged is all the answer you need. We're now going to be bigger, stronger, and faster. Thanks to all those who supported the cause, you've all been so unbelievably wonderful to me."

That thanks went out to the droves of fans, old and young, who came out to protest WWE, Inc. in nearly every trial of this month-long legal fiasco. Without the support of diehard fans, a strong legal team, and heavier than expected media coverage, Gordon's victory may not have been possible...

Now word is that the WWE will be looking to sell off the remaining assets of Extreme Championship Wrestling to the highest bidder, as a means of replenishing the company's recent cut in profit, much due to both the disappointment of SummerSlam buyrates and merchandise sales, as well as these recent legal woes. Will the WWE bounce back? Will someone step up and purchase Extreme Championship Wrestling? And why did someone feel the need to interview Hat Guy? All these questions and more we hope will be answered very, very soon.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by CMPunk.com

Recent word from Phil Brooks' (CM Punk) close friend, Colt Cabana, is that the 'Best In the World,' will be appearing for scheduled event dates this September for the Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling Guerilla and Dragon Gate USA promotions.

ROH will be depending heavily on Punk's first event appearance in nearly two months as a drawing factor for their upcoming cable television debut. No word has been released yet as to whether or not the rising star will make any mention of his recent professional calamity with the WWE, but one would think that for purposes of legal deflection, no direct mentioning of the company will be made. But, one would certainly be a fool to think for a second that CM Punk will be afraid to speak his mind.

Cup your ears and grab your balls, folks - it's about to be one hell of a ride.

For the first time in months, us pro wrestling fans had a different product to enjoy in the comfort of our own living rooms - Ring Of Honor, which finally made it's cable television debut this past Thursday. Although the channel was obscure, and ROH simply named the show 'ROH,' the results were a markgasm for any indie wrestling fan...

The biggest name, as well as securing the most anticipation from viewers, was none other than CM Punk, who made an instant appearance just seconds after the event hit the airwaves to an audience of 2,000+ screaming fans in Chicago.

But Punk wasn't the only draw of the night - former TNA star, and ROH standout, Austin Aries, made his long awaited return to Ring Of Honor, to challenge CM Punk to what was to eventually be the night's Main Event. Amazing show, and the production was superb. If I were the WWE, I'd watch out - this could really get ugly.

QUICK RESULTS

Spoiler:

• CM Punk def. Austin Aries
    • Davey Richards def. Jimmy Jacobs and Eddie Edwards to retain the ROH World Heavyweight Title
    • Steve Corino def. Kevin Steen
    • Rhino def. Colt Cabana
    • Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team def. The Briscoes to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

After the WWE, Inc.'s losing battle in court last month against wrestling promoter Tod Gordon, Chairman of the Board Vince McMahon approached the media to announce the available sale of the entire ECW brand. Since that announcement, several investors and some noteworthy names have come up into the conversation of possible buyers for the assets of the once legendary wrestling promotion. Those names being none other than media mogul Donald Trump, Owner of the 2010-11 NBA Champion Dallas Mavericks, Mark Cuban, and surprisingly, the former Mayor of New York, Michael Bloomberg, just to name a few. More on this and other news coming your way...
    Spoiler:

Who would have thought it? More bad news for the WWE this week, as reportedly, now retired MMA Fighter Brock Lesnar has refused negotiations with the company. Some believe this could be a result of Vince McMahon's recent airing of his dirty laundry possibly sullying Lesnar's favor with the promotion. Others are just saying that Brock simply feels like retiring from combat, scripted or improvised, altogether. But one would be foolish to assume that Brock Lesnar can deny his one true love - competition.

And things have also taken a turn for the worse with former Undisputed Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho, who had more than a mouthful to deliver on behalf of World Wrestling Entertainment. In fact, the man known as 'Y2J' and 'Lionheart' from his days in WCW, was approached by TMZ camera men earlier this week while visiting Los Angeles. The comments are transcribed below...
    Chris Jericho: "Wrestling's dying a slow death, man. It's been that way since the beginning of the decade. Don't blame me, blame Y2-K. That guy's an asshole. (chuckles) But in all seriousness, when you walk up here, and ask me what I think of Vince McMahon and everything that's going on right now, it's pretty sad for me to say that this entire ordeal is the most interesting thing to have come out of the promotion in over a decade. People griping over who did what to who, who got screwed over, who's running their mouth, who's staying quiet... it's Shakespearian. It beats the hell out of what I was watching every Monday Night."
    So, one could not feel wrong about possibly assuming that this could result in the WWE losing out on yet another familiar face, which is something that has been strongly missing from the company as of late - star power. As Chris Jericho would go on to later explain through an interview days later, that picture started to become ever clearer...
    Chris Jericho: "The twitter message about CM Punk? Yeah, it was real. I posted that. But, now that the smoke is starting to settle, I should come clear with all of you on that. The WWE was planning on giving me one last WWE Title run and being the spotlight of this whole Punk-conspiracy angle they had planned. I was going to win the belt at the Royal Rumble, Punk was going to win the Rumble; insert confrontation to end the show. Then you've got The Rock and John Cena, Me and Punk - Wrestlemania could have written itself. I was really looking forward to it, and we had planned to incorporate the twitter message into this storyline, but then, Vince scrapped the idea just a week after I sent the message. So now, I come out looking like some asshole who's just jealous of all of Punk's success. Yeah... thanks Vince."

In other news, World Wrestling Entertainment announced today the release of burgeoning star Sin Cara, (better known as "Mistico," in his homeland of Mexico) due to a failure to meet the company's wellness policy. There had been suspicions as of late backstage that Sin Cara may have had a steroid problem, and apparently, those suspicions were of just mind. No word has been released yet as to where the high flyer will spread his wings, but one has to admit, this may be one of the bigger hits taken to the company, as it was obvious the Mexican superstar was being groomed to be Rey Mysterio's eventual luchadore replacement. Now with Rey Mysterio suffering a neck injury, the WWE will certainly have a demographic that needs filling. Also, the company's merchandise sales could see some form of decline, as Sin Cara masks have been flying off the shelves since his eponymous debut.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I like it it's bold & different, I like something different & yours is fine. I'd like to see a bit more before I become a regular but I allow the opportunity for more posting by you before I make that decision. In the mean time at first I thought what's this but I can see what your trying to do & prepared to give it every opportunity to succeed on me, even though I can't promise post every time I read your BTB otherwise I wouldn't have time to check out others.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Status

Originally Posted by Ring-rap.com

So here it is - the interview you've all been waiting for. A notoriously quiet man when it comes to conducting such things, Chairman of the Board of the WWE, and the most powerful man in the business, Vince McMahon, agreed to meet with us this evening to give us his feelings about the multitude of problems surrounding him and his company as of late...
    RR.com: "Vince, it's a pleasure to have the opportunity to speak with the man himself. How are you doing this evening?"

Vince McMahon: "Old and sore, among other things."

RR.com: "Aren't we all? Except for your audience, we suppose... Speaking of, how do you chalk up the success of the PG Era so far? Are you happy with the results?"

Vince McMahon: "Well I'd be lying to you if I didn't say what was working 5-6 years ago isn't quite translating anymore to the present day. Ratings and buyrates have fallen, and we've seemed to isolate a specific portion of our viewership in this era. At the same time, that's exactly what we did in the 80's and that's how we struck so much more success into an adult-oriented format a decade later. The kids growing up watching Ultimate Warrior ended up rooting for Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I'm fairly confident that those same kids who have been watching John Cena will find themselves another hero, or anti-hero, as we and they both mature."

RR.com: "Do you think that anti-hero could one day possibly be CM Punk?"

Vince McMahon: "I certainly wouldn't put any money on that, to be honest with you."

RR.com: "Sorry, that was probably an inappropriate question to ask you given recent circumstances, but it segues nicely into our next question, and what a lot of people have had on their minds... is the WWE, and the more frightening aspect, the business itself, dying?"

Vince McMahon: "Are you kidding me? Look at it this way - if the WWE can survive steroids, Katie Vick and the Chris Benoit murder-suicide, I'm fairly confident we can make it through a media scandal with CM Punk. As far as what's been going on behind the scenes, look, I've never claimed to be a humble or patient man. I'm a business man. And everything and anything that has been happening, or will happen here in the future, is a direct result of that. I do what's best for this company, and these fans, even if they can't recognize that. Don't worry, the WWE is here to stay. We're just hitting a patch in the road right now."

RR.com: "Fair enough. Last month, you were defeated in court by Tod Gordon over certain assets of the ECW video library. Since then, you've come face first with the press to announce the sale of ownership of the ECW brand altogether. I guess we'll ask what everyone is wondering... why?"

Vince McMahon: "There was a point and time when it made sense to acquire and repackage the concept of ECW, but that ship has long set sail, in my own mind. What we're doing now in the WWE will revolutionize this business far more than what we achieved with Attitude, and I'll be first to tell you that ECW played a big role in that era's success. But, to answer your question, it just makes sense now to part with the brand. We've achieved about as much as we could with it, and now it's time to let it loose. What someone chooses to do with it is their prerogative, and I'm confident enough with the product we have to do that."

RR.com: "That, and the extra income couldn't hurt, right?"

Vince McMahon: "Precisely."

RR.com: "Any word on a potential buyer?"

Vince McMahon: "If I told you that, I might have to kill you... but no, in all seriousness, we've talked to numerous people who have been interested in purchasing ECW. Everywhere from media moguls, to investing firms, to your average joe schmo looking to acquire the entire video library to himself in his mom's basement. Joking, of course, but fear not. You should see us securing a deal here very, very soon."

RR.com: "Well, thank you for meeting with and tolerating us, Vince. It truly was an honor to get the time to speak with you today."

Vince McMahon: "You're welcome."

Thread Information