Page 1 of 51 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Fuji....

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Ask Fuji....

Seeing as how this is a popular subject in other sections I thought, "why not me, why not Fuji?" and then said, "oh yeah, I'm the mod in this section so I can do it if I want!" So with that being said, I'm opening the floor to any and all film related questions you may have. As I've mentioned before, I can safely say I've seen over 2,500 films in my day, from many countries and in every single genre imaginable. If you've got a question or are looking for an opinion/recommendation, look no further because its time to Ask Fuji!

So go ahead and ask WC, that's what I'm here for.

John Carpenter's Escape from L.A. | Opera | The Hunt | Wonderland | Flannel Pajamas | The Mist | Johnny Handsome | Enemy | The Silence of the Lambs | Godzilla (2014) | Sleepers

Ask Fuji | 2014 Movie Log

WC's WWE Fave Five HAS RETURNED! Get involved HERE~!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Grimes
    i tried saying you only got paid 35 cents a month but they wouldnt listen

I ain't gonna beg

Status

Re: Ask Fuji....

Challenging since I'm not much of a movie guy but..

Which Dumbledore portrayal did you prefer?
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    Challenging since I'm not much of a movie guy but..

Which Dumbledore portrayal did you prefer?
    Speaking of a challenge, thanks for starting things off with a big one. It's hard because Michael Gambon has the bigger body of work, but I really feel that Harris was the essence of the character from the books. I wish he hadn't passed away because I would have loved to see him do the character in the later films. So while its a tough one for me to go with, I'm sticking with Harris, though taking nothing away from Gambon as well.

John Carpenter's Escape from L.A. | Opera | The Hunt | Wonderland | Flannel Pajamas | The Mist | Johnny Handsome | Enemy | The Silence of the Lambs | Godzilla (2014) | Sleepers

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

What do you love more - wrestling or movies? If you could choose only one to enjoy, which would it be?

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

WRESTLING.

Oh.. ask Fuji. Damn.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thank you Malcom

Status

Pulp Fiction...Thoughts.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    What do you love more - wrestling or movies? If you could choose only one to enjoy, which would it be?
    Damn, bringing out the big guns. Well I look at it this way Papa, as much as I love wrestling and the countless hours of enjoyment its given me, if I had to choose between it and movies I'd take movies. There's just too many great films out there that I've seen (and have yet to see) to ever truly be able to give up the medium. And while I've seen some brilliant wrestling matches/angles, I find it hard to compare any of them to something like Vertigo or The Thing or Requiem For a Dream or...well you get my drift.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Better Blofeld: Pleasence of Savalas?

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Flex Kavana View Post
    Pulp Fiction...Thoughts.
    One of my favourite Tarantino films, though I do like them all. I feel it got robbed at the Academy Awards and was clearly the Best Picture winner over Forrest Gump. It really did alter the way the independent film was made and viewed, helped to further put Miramax on the map and made a bonafide star out of its director. Hard to top that, though Tarantino would remarkably do so at least two more times in his career.

Oh and for the record, Winston Wolf is one of the greatest characters ever created for any film.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer
    Better Blofeld: Pleasence of Savalas?
    I love the reveal of Pleasance and his "kill Bond..NOW" line, but Telly Savalas just oozed the character to me. I also love the way he could hold his own in a fight with Bond, not like Pleasance who probably would have gotten his ass handed to him by Connery.

Thank you Malcom

Status

Good answer Fuji. Pulp is my second favourite film of all time. Forrest Gump is in my top 5 I LOVE that film. But yeah Pulp should have got that Oscar. And I regularly find myself quoting Wolf. I dare ya I double dare ya. Great thread also I'm a film fanatic, there is not much I haven't seen.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Good answer Fuji. Pulp is my second favourite film of all time. Forrest Gump is in my top 5 I LOVE that film. But yeah Pulp should have got that Oscar. And I regularly find myself quoting Wolf. I dare ya I double dare ya. Great thread also I'm a film fanatic, there is not much I haven't seen.
    Keitel is such a boss as that character, I really can't imagine anyone else ever playing the role as he could. Tarantino's genius is in his casting, he never picks a bad actor to play a part. I thought the casting of Robert Forrester in Jackie Brown was particularly inspired, and of course let's not forget Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds.

Thank you Malcom

Status

Tarantino tends to go for talent rather than price tag. He will find decent actors not just big box office sellers.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Okay, so you're secretly kidnapped by ninjas but they are so secretive that no one knows you've been kidnapped because you can continue on with your everyday life like normal. Yeah, these ninjas are that good. But they place one major restriction on you as part of this kidnapping - you may continue to do all the things you love, except your wrestling viewing is restrictive. You can only watch one company going forward - the WWE, TNA, ROH... If the given company you choose goes out of business, the choice can be made again. So its really about which you enjoy the most at the time. And it also means you can only watch old footage of that company. Which would you choose?

Also, as to why the ninjas gave you this restriction... well, you don't question a ninja...

Like Father, Like Son.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Tarantino tends to go for talent rather than price tag. He will find decent actors not just big box office sellers.
    He also gets so much out of those lesser known actors. I mean he even made Eli Roth act well in IB, something I'm honestly shocked at.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Okay, so you're secretly kidnapped by ninjas but they are so secretive that no one knows you've been kidnapped because you can continue on with your everyday life like normal. Yeah, these ninjas are that good. But they place one major restriction on you as part of this kidnapping - you may continue to do all the things you love, except your wrestling viewing is restrictive. You can only watch one company going forward - the WWE, TNA, ROH... If the given company you choose goes out of business, the choice can be made again. So its really about which you enjoy the most at the time. And it also means you can only watch old footage of that company. Which would you choose?

Also, as to why the ninjas gave you this restriction... well, you don't question a ninja...
    If I take WWE does it mean that I also have access to their entire catalogue including WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and the rest of the territories that they own the footage of? Because if so then its a pretty easy choice.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    If I take WWE does it mean that I also have access to their entire catalogue including WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and the rest of the territories that they own the footage of? Because if so then its a pretty easy choice.
    No, just past WWE stuff. And that would be relatively restricted, to keep things relatively even. These are mean bastard ninjas.

Like Father, Like Son.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

No, just past WWE stuff. And that would be relatively restricted, to keep things relatively even. These are mean bastard ninjas.
    Damn ninjas. Erm, how about WCW/NWA? Do they count as one? Oh **** it, I'd take the NWA because I could watch the original WarGames match over and over again and never tire of it.

NEWB MOD

Status

So, question for Fuji? Question for Fuji...

What would you consider to be the greatest crime in cinema? In other words, what movie or performance was just an embarrasment to movies and the people who make them?
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

Believe

Status

What if there was no nWo...? What do you think would have helped WCW beat WWE in the ratings for like 80 some odd weeks, if at all?

"What's the boogeyman?"

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    So, question for Fuji? Question for Fuji...

What would you consider to be the greatest crime in cinema? In other words, what movie or performance was just an embarrasment to movies and the people who make them?
    Everything directed by Uwe Boll that's not called "Rampage". Seriously, he is just abysmal on every level possible and a slap in the face to all serious filmmakers.

As for performances, Michael Caine's "work" in Jaws: The Revenge comes to mind, as does his equally pathetic stuff in "The Swarm".

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper
    What if there was no nWo...? What do you think would have helped WCW beat WWE in the ratings for like 80 some odd weeks, if at all?

Well this was supposed to be mostly about movies but I'll bite. I'd have to think that it would have been very difficult to boost past the WWF in the ratings without that angle and I honestly can't imagine them doing so. It's clear that they needed a change as the Hogan face stuff was beyond thin by the time he turned. I guess I could see them shifting to the Kevin Sullivan style brawl format that was seen in matches like him and Cactus Jack vs. The Nasty Boys at Slamboree '94 being something that would have helped them compete, but not enough for it to push them past the WWF.

So in answer, I don't think anything other than the NWO could have done it.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 03-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Thread Information