Page 1 of 44 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 879

Thread: Ask Fuji....

  1. #1
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Ask Fuji....

    Seeing as how this is a popular subject in other sections I thought, "why not me, why not Fuji?" and then said, "oh yeah, I'm the mod in this section so I can do it if I want!" So with that being said, I'm opening the floor to any and all film related questions you may have. As I've mentioned before, I can safely say I've seen over 2,500 films in my day, from many countries and in every single genre imaginable. If you've got a question or are looking for an opinion/recommendation, look no further because its time to Ask Fuji!


    So go ahead and ask WC, that's what I'm here for.

  2. #2
    I'm not Merle anymore
    Carl Grimes's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Logan Circle
    Vcash
    11716
    Posts
    41,047
    Rep Power
    8752

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Challenging since I'm not much of a movie guy but..

    Which Dumbledore portrayal did you prefer?


    Well I’m still afraid
    Like a kid in the sixties
    Staring at the sky
    Waiting for the bomb to fall
    And it’s all a lie
    What they say about stability
    It scares me sometimes
    The emptiness I see in my eyes


    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  3. #3
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by KTK View Post
    Challenging since I'm not much of a movie guy but..

    Which Dumbledore portrayal did you prefer?
    Speaking of a challenge, thanks for starting things off with a big one. It's hard because Michael Gambon has the bigger body of work, but I really feel that Harris was the essence of the character from the books. I wish he hadn't passed away because I would have loved to see him do the character in the later films. So while its a tough one for me to go with, I'm sticking with Harris, though taking nothing away from Gambon as well.

  4. #4
    I Am Not Your Daddy
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Vcash
    7176
    Posts
    10,171
    Rep Power
    2977

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    What do you love more - wrestling or movies? If you could choose only one to enjoy, which would it be?


    Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.



  5. #5
    I'm not Merle anymore
    Carl Grimes's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Logan Circle
    Vcash
    11716
    Posts
    41,047
    Rep Power
    8752

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    WRESTLING.

    Oh.. ask Fuji. Damn.


    Well I’m still afraid
    Like a kid in the sixties
    Staring at the sky
    Waiting for the bomb to fall
    And it’s all a lie
    What they say about stability
    It scares me sometimes
    The emptiness I see in my eyes


    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  6. #6
    Thank you Malcom
    Flex's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Vcash
    5050
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    515

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Pulp Fiction...Thoughts.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.





  7. #7
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    What do you love more - wrestling or movies? If you could choose only one to enjoy, which would it be?
    Damn, bringing out the big guns. Well I look at it this way Papa, as much as I love wrestling and the countless hours of enjoyment its given me, if I had to choose between it and movies I'd take movies. There's just too many great films out there that I've seen (and have yet to see) to ever truly be able to give up the medium. And while I've seen some brilliant wrestling matches/angles, I find it hard to compare any of them to something like Vertigo or The Thing or Requiem For a Dream or...well you get my drift.

  8. #8
    Cliff 'Em All
    Creeping Death's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Piketon, OH
    Vcash
    5050
    Posts
    10,011
    Rep Power
    3215

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Better Blofeld: Pleasence of Savalas?

    Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T


  9. #9
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex Kavana View Post
    Pulp Fiction...Thoughts.
    One of my favourite Tarantino films, though I do like them all. I feel it got robbed at the Academy Awards and was clearly the Best Picture winner over Forrest Gump. It really did alter the way the independent film was made and viewed, helped to further put Miramax on the map and made a bonafide star out of its director. Hard to top that, though Tarantino would remarkably do so at least two more times in his career.

    Oh and for the record, Winston Wolf is one of the greatest characters ever created for any film.

    Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer
    Better Blofeld: Pleasence of Savalas?
    I love the reveal of Pleasance and his "kill Bond..NOW" line, but Telly Savalas just oozed the character to me. I also love the way he could hold his own in a fight with Bond, not like Pleasance who probably would have gotten his ass handed to him by Connery.

  10. #10
    Thank you Malcom
    Flex's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Vcash
    5050
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    515

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Good answer Fuji. Pulp is my second favourite film of all time. Forrest Gump is in my top 5 I LOVE that film. But yeah Pulp should have got that Oscar. And I regularly find myself quoting Wolf. I dare ya I double dare ya. Great thread also I'm a film fanatic, there is not much I haven't seen.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.





  11. #11
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex Kavana View Post
    Good answer Fuji. Pulp is my second favourite film of all time. Forrest Gump is in my top 5 I LOVE that film. But yeah Pulp should have got that Oscar. And I regularly find myself quoting Wolf. I dare ya I double dare ya. Great thread also I'm a film fanatic, there is not much I haven't seen.
    Keitel is such a boss as that character, I really can't imagine anyone else ever playing the role as he could. Tarantino's genius is in his casting, he never picks a bad actor to play a part. I thought the casting of Robert Forrester in Jackie Brown was particularly inspired, and of course let's not forget Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds.

  12. #12
    Thank you Malcom
    Flex's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    London
    Vcash
    5050
    Posts
    2,672
    Rep Power
    515

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Tarantino tends to go for talent rather than price tag. He will find decent actors not just big box office sellers.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.





  13. #13
    I Am Not Your Daddy
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Vcash
    7176
    Posts
    10,171
    Rep Power
    2977

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Okay, so you're secretly kidnapped by ninjas but they are so secretive that no one knows you've been kidnapped because you can continue on with your everyday life like normal. Yeah, these ninjas are that good. But they place one major restriction on you as part of this kidnapping - you may continue to do all the things you love, except your wrestling viewing is restrictive. You can only watch one company going forward - the WWE, TNA, ROH... If the given company you choose goes out of business, the choice can be made again. So its really about which you enjoy the most at the time. And it also means you can only watch old footage of that company. Which would you choose?

    Also, as to why the ninjas gave you this restriction... well, you don't question a ninja...


    Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.



  14. #14
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Flex Kavana View Post
    Tarantino tends to go for talent rather than price tag. He will find decent actors not just big box office sellers.
    He also gets so much out of those lesser known actors. I mean he even made Eli Roth act well in IB, something I'm honestly shocked at.

  15. #15
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Okay, so you're secretly kidnapped by ninjas but they are so secretive that no one knows you've been kidnapped because you can continue on with your everyday life like normal. Yeah, these ninjas are that good. But they place one major restriction on you as part of this kidnapping - you may continue to do all the things you love, except your wrestling viewing is restrictive. You can only watch one company going forward - the WWE, TNA, ROH... If the given company you choose goes out of business, the choice can be made again. So its really about which you enjoy the most at the time. And it also means you can only watch old footage of that company. Which would you choose?

    Also, as to why the ninjas gave you this restriction... well, you don't question a ninja...
    If I take WWE does it mean that I also have access to their entire catalogue including WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and the rest of the territories that they own the footage of? Because if so then its a pretty easy choice.

  16. #16
    I Am Not Your Daddy
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Vcash
    7176
    Posts
    10,171
    Rep Power
    2977

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    If I take WWE does it mean that I also have access to their entire catalogue including WCW, NWA, AWA, WCCW and the rest of the territories that they own the footage of? Because if so then its a pretty easy choice.
    No, just past WWE stuff. And that would be relatively restricted, to keep things relatively even. These are mean bastard ninjas.


    Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.



  17. #17
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    No, just past WWE stuff. And that would be relatively restricted, to keep things relatively even. These are mean bastard ninjas.
    Damn ninjas. Erm, how about WCW/NWA? Do they count as one? Oh **** it, I'd take the NWA because I could watch the original WarGames match over and over again and never tire of it.

  18. #18
    NEWB SMOD

    Cyrus T's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Vcash
    12000
    Posts
    16,698
    Rep Power
    5209

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    So, question for Fuji? Question for Fuji...

    What would you consider to be the greatest crime in cinema? In other words, what movie or performance was just an embarrasment to movies and the people who make them?
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:




  19. #19
    Believe
    The Viper's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Vcash
    12935
    Posts
    8,680
    Rep Power
    1448

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    What if there was no nWo...? What do you think would have helped WCW beat WWE in the ratings for like 80 some odd weeks, if at all?

    "What's the boogeyman?"

  20. #20
    *TBA* SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    TARDIS
    Vcash
    12500
    Posts
    16,399
    Rep Power
    6665

    Re: Ask Fuji....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    So, question for Fuji? Question for Fuji...

    What would you consider to be the greatest crime in cinema? In other words, what movie or performance was just an embarrasment to movies and the people who make them?
    Everything directed by Uwe Boll that's not called "Rampage". Seriously, he is just abysmal on every level possible and a slap in the face to all serious filmmakers.

    As for performances, Michael Caine's "work" in Jaws: The Revenge comes to mind, as does his equally pathetic stuff in "The Swarm".

    Quote Originally Posted by The Viper
    What if there was no nWo...? What do you think would have helped WCW beat WWE in the ratings for like 80 some odd weeks, if at all?

    Well this was supposed to be mostly about movies but I'll bite. I'd have to think that it would have been very difficult to boost past the WWF in the ratings without that angle and I honestly can't imagine them doing so. It's clear that they needed a change as the Hogan face stuff was beyond thin by the time he turned. I guess I could see them shifting to the Kevin Sullivan style brawl format that was seen in matches like him and Cactus Jack vs. The Nasty Boys at Slamboree '94 being something that would have helped them compete, but not enough for it to push them past the WWF.

    So in answer, I don't think anything other than the NWO could have done it.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 03-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •