Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KONY 2012

Status
    Vcash

KONY 2012

this movie/video is a must watch so please make time to watch this.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

Re: KONY 2012

OK this **** has been popping up everywhere and I'm not going to watch a 30 minute vid for nothing. Someone tell me what this is.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    OK this **** has been popping up everywhere and I'm not going to watch a 30 minute vid for nothing. Someone tell me what this is.
    Joseph Kony is a Ugandan guerrilla leader who has an army of 30,000 kidnapped children, who are forced to kill those who don't join them, including their parents. He was apparently unknown until this video started getting spread around. On April 20th, anyone who believes in making him famous enough to make him as known to world (well, the video pretty much just says American) leaders as Bin Laden, Gaddafi, in order for him to be caught and arrested. So people will "cover the night" by putting posters of him everywhere.

I'd happily support this, if I actually believed people will follow through and spend a whole night putting his face all over the streets if it helps get him caught, but the whole Facebook sharing seems a bit "Ooh, this is my good deed for the week. LIKE".

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #4. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

Spoiler:

#6. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #7. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #8. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Silas Young - ROH on SBG 18/1/14
    #9. Jay Briscoe vs. Bobby Fish - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #10. Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero - Raising the Bar - Night 1

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. RD Evans vs. Matt Sells - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #4. The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett - Wrestling's Finest
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

This is a pretty wild story. But I would agree with you on the facebook stuff.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

If Facebook is a means to spread the word who cares what the Facebook persons purpose is(weather its a good deed of the week or whatever). Marketh, the fact that you would only support it if others would is ridiculous. No offense. I support the movement and im spreading it on Facebook. And that is way better than judging others who are spreading the word about this guy. People need to realize that Facebook, wether you like it or not, is a great way to show people truths about the world.

What he is doing is disgusting. As a new parent, i support this, As a human being I support this. I hope they catch this mother ****er and make him pay for his crimes.

And wether you feel this is my good deed of the week or not is irrelevent. You don't need to support this, you are allowed to turn away. But to judge others who care enough to show support and spread the word is weak.

Casual Viewer

Status
    Vcash

My point was that I would only support the idea of putting posters up everywhere if other people went through with it. Doesn't stop me from donating money, which I plan on doing.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #4. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

Spoiler:

#6. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #7. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #8. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Silas Young - ROH on SBG 18/1/14
    #9. Jay Briscoe vs. Bobby Fish - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #10. Roderick Strong vs. Chris Hero - Raising the Bar - Night 1

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. RD Evans vs. Matt Sells - ROH on SBG 25/1/14
    #4. The Romantic Touch vs. Michael Bennett - Wrestling's Finest
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

clicking a button on facebook =/= supporting a cause

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    My point was that I would only support the idea of putting posters up everywhere if other people went through with it. Doesn't stop me from donating money, which I plan on doing.
    OH, I misinterpreted what you wrote. It seemed like you wrote that you'd only support the whole movement or idea if people would post posters everywhere.Sorry about that!!

clicking a button on facebook =/= supporting a cause
    Its much better than sitting behind your computer judging people who do. And spreading awareness is proactive. Look at it this way.. I had no idea about this until i went on Facebook. I'm betting there are many others just like me.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-07-2012 at 11:06 AM.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

OK, you're aware of it. So what? Awareness means nothing if you don't do anyhing about it.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

But you do realize that people will donate because they became aware. Therefore, spreading the word and making people become aware is doing something proactive. And its still better than judging others who do spread awareness.

How do you think ideas and protest begin? It starts with awareness. All changes in the world start with ideas being spread. Facebook is word of mouth in the digital world.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

Donating money is helping. Clicking a button on facebook isn't. That is what I am getting at. I am not judging those who do something to help, I am judging those who don't but act like they do because they put it on facebook. There is a false sense of entitlement with a lot of people who act as if doing that is enough for them to be praised for their support.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Donating money is helping. Clicking a button on facebook isn't. That is what I am getting at. I am not judging those who do something to help, I am judging those who don't but act like they do because they put it on facebook. There is a false sense of entitlement with a lot of people who act as if doing that is enough for them to be praised for their support.
    As i stated, spreading the word is proactive. I'm don't understand how you don't see it that way. bitching about people who do so is the opposite. Its negative.

So the real question is Steventon....what are you going to do about it?

I'm putting it on Facebook and going to donate when i have a bit of extra money to do so.

And clicking a button is todays version signing a petition.
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

Me personally? I'll probably participate in the postering in my area depending on cost/date. But really there is very little I personally or any of us can do about it.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Me personally? I'll probably participate in the postering in my area depending on cost/date. But really there is very little I personally or any of us can do about it.
    So basically the very least you can do is spread the word. And posting posters in your city is the same thing as posting it on Facebook except Facebook can do it faster.

By all means go for it. But as long as everyone does something, even as little as posting it on facebook or putting posters up., that is still pro active.

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status
    Vcash

I didn't watch the video yet, but guerrilla leaders have been using children as soldiers for decades in certain countries in and out of Africa. It has been going on for decades and you don't hear much about the UN stepping in to stop the worst incidents. They make their official resolutions and have sanctions, but does anyone really think that's going to make a difference when there's a warlord and he's willing to put machine guns in the hands of someone that's 15 or younger? They also give the kid soldiers a lot of marijuana and other drugs, probably to help keep them in line or just in a trance so the kids can feel numb after fighting and doing whatever else they're ordered to do.

Keep in mind that the US/NATO stepped in to stop Gadhafi (in Libya) when there was so much conflicting news about the rebels he was fighting actually being members of Al Qaeda. That war most likely had more to do with oil than anything (Libya supplying oil to Europe).

Raising awareness in any way is good, but people need to also come up with solutions to end this problem. Forcing the UN to do more about it seems like a start.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status
    Vcash

Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

read that before donating etc imo.

Don't play the odds, play the man!

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by PS View Post
    Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

read that before donating etc imo.
    Thanks for the link. You have to really do your research before ever giving money to any organization. It would be more productive to harass politicians into doing something about situations. Raising awareness is also good, but you have to stand behind the right banner.

Cliff 'Em All

Status
    Vcash

I had an invite to this on Facebook but had no idea what the **** it was til I read this thread.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

Look at PS' link. Srsly. Everything that was in this post is pretty much covered there.
    Last edited by CAPS LOCK; 03-07-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: I will find you, and I will murder you

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

Thread Information