Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Hunter/HBK fued

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

This Hunter/HBK fued

So what do you think about it?

I am loving every minute of this. I like how HBK is playing more of the heel in this. What are your thoughts?
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

re: This Hunter/HBK fued

Out of the big four matches planned, I think Triple H v Undertaker is the one that's had the best build. Jericho v Punk has been pretty underwhelming, Sheamus v Bryan is pretty generic and Cena v Rock can be great a times, infuriating at others, and we've known that the match was going ahead for 11 months now so it's not exactly fresh.

I'm really digging Michaels' involvement in the whole thing, in the past four years, the streak has meant just as much to HBK as it has done to The Undertaker, so it feels right for him to be embedded into this current storyline. I wouldn't say Michaels is playing the heel in this, they're just playing off the 'his best friend says he's better than him, and only accepted the match to prove it' angle so that when it comes to April 1st, there's that seed of doubt over how Michaels will call the match. Last nights promo had the intention of both announcing Michaels as the special guest referee, and floated the idea around that Michaels won't be doing Hunter any favours in it because of the comments made by Triple H upon accepting the match. Next week Michaels is going to be in a promo with The Undertaker and I'll guarantee the main theme running through that promo will be 'Undertaker and the streak retired Michaels, Michaels wanted the streak to end more than anybody in the company, Michaels might be tempted to screw over Taker to get revenge for WM26'. The end result from both promos is that Michaels will have issues with both superstars, and the WWE will use the 'will Shawn call the match fair?' angle to make people believe the streak could end, even though there is 0% chance that the streak will ever end.

NEWB SMOD

Status
    Vcash

I find the interjection of Shawn Michaels as special guest referee in this match to be a bit...unnecessary.

I know that's probably not a popular opinion, but let me explain.

What has been the storyline up until this announcement? Triple H, the COO of World Wrestling Entertainment, not wanting to fight Undertaker due to his new responsibilities to the product as a whole and Undertaker wanting to redeem himself after his embarassing victory at Wrestlemania the prior year (being carted out when Trips got to walk away). It was a well-executed angle to run with: Triple H, who at one point gladly chased the ending of the streak as a matter of personal pride and glory (with the hint of putting Taker down "out of respect") who now finds himself on the corporate side of things, wanting to do what's right for the company and for business. He was the one who had to be goaded into this match because he feared that ending the Streak would end The Undertaker, and the end of a legend's career is a scary proposition from the company's standpoint. And on the other side, you have The Undertaker, who for the last few years has been barely clinging on to the Streak, his last and most enduring legacy as a WWE Superstar. But pride compels him to avenge what was, in actuality, a victory and show the world that, for lack of a better term, he still has it in him.

All in all, this angle has told the story of two men from a different era in professional wrestling struggling with a changing climate and the rigors of time. It's a story of one's man's struggles with his new responsibilities and another's willingness to pay any price necessary to preserve his legacy and, more importantly, his pride.

In other words, it's a friggin' awesome story.

But then you inject HBK as the special guest referee. And suddenly, the story shifts. It's not so much about the Streak anymore as it is "bestest best friends squabbling about who's better." And I know that's a really cynical look at it, but you can't deny that it's not somewhat true. Now the story's about HBK and HHH's relationship and whether or not HBK as ref is going to screw over Trips or Taker.

To put it into perspective...this HBK-HHH mini-feud is using the Streak as a vehicle for which to tell it. And I'm sorry, but what the hell?

I don't mind using HBK to further hype the match between Taker and Trips. I just disagree with him being named special guest referee because it takes focus away from the original, awesome storyline and instead makes it a "will he or won't he" story with HBK.
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

I think Michaels is in the match for two reasons:

1) He's Mr Wrestlemania and just like how they bring Austin back for a ref spot now and again, they're eager to find a way to get him on the show. At least this doesn't feel random, Michaels has been connected to the streak more than anyone after Taker obviously, so if you're going to have a special guest referee, he's the natural choice.

2) Injecting HBK into the match adds a layer of uncertainty because you don't know how Michaels is going to call it (he'll call it down the middle, but the commentators will push the idea of a screwjob) and it's something to differentiate it from last years match. If Michaels wasn't in this, then we'd just have one brutal match stipulation replacing another brutal match stipulation and it would feel too close to last years match - not that it would be a bad thing, I just see where the WWE are going with the referee angle.

I'd agree that the storyline was already awesome enough before last night, and that I'd hate this to turn into a Triple H/Shawn Michaels best buddies bickering storyline that turn Taker into a 3rd wheel, however I have hope that it won't come to that, hell Taker has a one on one promo with Shawn Michaels next week so I'd expect tension to build between the two of them.

Indy Talent

Status
    Vcash

Would like to see either Kane or mankind get involved in this match & try to help undertaker keep the streak but only for them to try & end it maybe next time around

Cliff 'Em All

Status
    Vcash

I'd have loved to see Foley ref it just cause of his Cell matches with both guys.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Yes Death Dealer said it right, Mick Foley could have been the better choice to referee this match since he has had a troubled history with both men. One retired him while the other threw him off the damn structure and created a moment that is remembered by millions around the world.

To be honest I do not care for HBK's involvement, this is what they do with Austin who has retired and keeps coming back, I just don't care HBK's place in this feud he already did his program with the Undertaker, I feel he shouldn't be there to referee, so it would have been better with just a regular Cell match.

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

How would Foley be a better choice for special guest referee than Michaels, Foley has no link whatsoever to the streak, Michaels has been heavily involved in the past 4 streak matches.

If we're just going to toss around people who've had high profile matches with both Taker and Triple H, then the list could go on and on, but Michaels is the only guy retired by the streak and is the best friend of Triple H, it's impossible to find an alternative referee who has a stronger conflict of interest than HBK.

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

Re: This Hunter/HBK fued

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    I'd have loved to see Foley ref it just cause of his Cell matches with both guys.
    HBK has had cell matces with both guys, also he has more recent history with the two men.
    We Dont Forget Our Past - So You Won't Forget Our Future

Cliff 'Em All

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    HBK has had cell matces with both guys, also he has more recent history with the two men.
    Never said Shawn was a bad choice just said I'd have liked Foley in the role too.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

On Vacation

Status
    Vcash

Honestly I think this match will end with HBK and Hunter making out or something equally horrific.

I seriously fear HBK as a special ref regardless, considering the garb he wore for Rock and HHH's Iron Man Match.

"He's mighty tighty whitey and he's smuggling plums!" - Bloodhound Gang

The Best

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    I find the interjection of Shawn Michaels as special guest referee in this match to be a bit...unnecessary.
    Exactly.

Personally it's just another excuse for Triple H after the match is over and he's lost. He's already said that he doesn't want to end the streak cos it's bad for business, so if he loses he can always say he threw the match for the good of the company. Now he's got Shawn gunning for him, so he can worm his way out of looking bad in the loss (which he wouldn't anyway - he's Triple Freakin' H) by saying the referee was bias.

More and more it's looking like a way to swerve the smarks into believing the streak will end because Triple H has so many excuses already laid out, so that when 'Taker wins it's a surprise. It's a pussy move and shows a lack of confidence in Hunter and The Undertakers skills in the ring to tell another story as good as last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    How would Foley be a better choice for special guest referee than Michaels, Foley has no link whatsoever to the streak, Michaels has been heavily involved in the past 4 streak matches.

If we're just going to toss around people who've had high profile matches with both Taker and Triple H, then the list could go on and on, but Michaels is the only guy retired by the streak and is the best friend of Triple H, it's impossible to find an alternative referee who has a stronger conflict of interest than HBK.
    That's exactly why Foley's better. He has no conflicts around the streak, but has conflicts with both other men involved. Shawn is too entrenched in the whole streak deal for him not to detract from the action on the day.

Personally, like Cyrus, I think the whole guest referee thing isn't necessary anyway.

Thank you Malcom

Status
    Vcash

I would have prefered Foley but HBK makes more sense. HBK and HHH have spent the past 3 years trying to end the streak. Now younger the illusion they are going to do it together. Adds more speculation to the match because we don't know what way Shawn will lean. It's the culmination of nearly 4 years work between the 3 and I can't wait.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Rep this man

Status
    Vcash

Man, fcuk Shawn Michaels.

I don't like it at all.

Putting the fact I hate HBK and HHH aside, I think my issue is that Shawn has a habit of trying to get more involved than he needs to be. From what I've heard, Shawn loves to be the centre of attention, and I don't think he can let the 2 just... have the damn match.

I don't want a 'Will He Won't He' build in this match at all. I want the toughest guy in the Company to take on the company icon in what could possibly be each others last match. Plus, what's he really gunna do anyway? Its a HIAC, all he has to do is count 3 or wait for a tap. No point.

Also, this does nothing for the whole 'HHH runs the place' line, because how would he not know that HBK was the special ref if he runs the goddamn company? They've really gone **** up on the whole HHH as COO thing

King Of WrestlingClique 2013
    KOWC 2014 Coming to a forum near you very soon.... I think... Ask Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Maybe it's the generation gap I have with people on some forums probably not here, I say this site has a great value of intelligent members in every section of the forum but a little frustrated let me tell you the story. As you know I'm apart of a shit load of forums and one of them seems to be in chaos. You have a Owner who barely is on the site these days, and only made one Global Moderator for the forum. It seems the chaos has gotten so bad members mostly younger members are using racist and gay slurs to their answers in debate. Legit I saw three threads where members put f***** and that's it. Yesterday I rage over these members I basically told them to stop that, it gives no value to what you're saying in a post. No one will take you seriously if you using such words just to say it. Shoot even the sb is a jungle full of chaos with the same situation. I came to the G-Mod and said hey you're in charge of this forum, you let shit go under the rug why did I say that? Well last week a member came into my LD for Impact and spoiled the whole show for most people. I went in the sb for the forum and said hey man this guy is fucking up the experience for people in the sb can you do something. He pretty much knew this member and told me he's done this before so I'm thinking it took me to say something for you to act? Also a month ago I had a problem with a member named Nero where randomly out of no where he puts racist pics of Hispanic doing crimes, eating Tacos etc! I was like one I never talked about this guy the purpose of this. Again this G-Mod knew about his antics as well as Puls3 the Admin. A month before this I told the Admin he was a problem putting down new members left and right. Thank God I screencaped his actions and he hasn't been there since. Okay now back to the Global Mod I took it twitter and told the guy straight up you don't act because you love the slurping of your dick from members. He's doesn't want to mend fences pretty much and besides setting up a league for the forum for WWE 2k14 he does nothing for the forum. Now I want to talk to Puls3 personally because his rules are being broken left and right and his staff in charge is doing nothing by joining in the fun. I have a plan to get two or three other staff members who I think will be fair and firm when needed should I talk to him. I know I'm taking it seriously but I love this forum like I love this forum and I don't want it to be spoiled like Milk you feel me? Also on twitter and on the forum a bunch of little kids came to box with me when I was speaking my mind and I told them grow some hair on your chest before talking to me lol

Thank you Malcom

Status
    Vcash

HBK's promo's this year has made very little sense. Last year he told HHH he can't do it. This year he turns up and is egging HHH to do it. Doesn't sound right to me.

THEN this week he says last year he knew the outcome (HHH would loose) and then says he knows who will win this year and he knows this because he is the ref??? That just sounds stupid. He is constantly contradicting himself and the stuff he said just last year.

Don't get me wrong I am excited about the match and HBK as ref does add the "Will he call it down the middle" stipulation. I just want some continuity, because a lot of this stuff makes little to no sense.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

People's Champion

Status
    Vcash

HBK's promo on Raw made perfect sense. He's angry at Triple H for only agreeing to the match after Undertaker said he knew Triple H couldn't do it because HBK is better than him and he failed twice. HBK is all,"I called you every name under the sun and you wouldn't budge, but the second Undertaker says I'm better than you, you agree to the match on the spot?". Triple H can stand any insult or derogatory remark thrown at him but the insinuation that HBK is better is the one thing that makes him accept the challenge. It makes complete sense that HBK would be upset over that.

Internet Favorite

Status
    Vcash

No. That's what I think of it. Shawn's retired, this will lead nowhere. Hell, even if he WASN'T retired, have him wrestle someone ELSE. There is no need for all these legends to keep circle-jerking each other, putting each other over until they retire, when they could use their prestige to build NEW stars.

Indy Talent

Status
    Vcash

It will culminate at Wrestle Mania 28, when The Undertaker is about to finish off Triple HHH, HBK will come to his rescue and deliver a knockout blow to the 'Taker. This will result in the Undertaker winning by disqualification. ps-- Weeeeee, I got my 'sig' up *finally!*
    HAIL TO THE REDSKINS !!!!

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by RawBar View Post
    It will culminate at Wrestle Mania 28, when The Undertaker is about to finish off Triple HHH, HBK will come to his rescue and deliver a knockout blow to the 'Taker. This will result in the Undertaker winning by disqualification. ps-- Weeeeee, I got my 'sig' up *finally!*
    The Undertaker wins a Hell In A Cell match by DQ when the referee attacks him and then calls for the bell?
    We Dont Forget Our Past - So You Won't Forget Our Future

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Shawn Michaels 'knows who's going to win' because he's been sent down by the Undertaker and his streak twice before, and he knows deep down no one can defeat him on that stage, let alone his best friend. It's got jack **** to do with Michaels planning to screw over either man, but that's the angle the commentators will push down our throats to create some uncertainty to the match.

Thread Information