Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCW 2012 Discussion Thread

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status

FCW 2012 Discussion Thread

Share your thoughts about FCW and discuss the weekly shows here!!

Champions
    FCW Heavyweight Champion: Leo Kruger
    FCW 15 Champion: Richie Steamboat
    Tag Champions: Husky and Bo Rotunda
    Women's Champion/Queen of FCW: Raquel Diaz/Guerrero

Not a bad role call of champs, but the FCW 15 has far surpassed the FCW world title by now. Seth Rollins, Damien Sandow, and Richie have done more over the past year than Leo Kruger, Bo Rotunda, and whoever else has held the world title in the same time period.

Kassius Ohno hasn't debuted yet.

Antonio Cesaro is putting on competitive matches very often. He had a good one recently against Xavier Woods (Consequences Creed).

Dean Ambrose hasn't been used heavily lately, but he's building up to another match with William Regal. Regal is putting him over heavily on commentary. It's sick and awesome at the same time how he talks about Ambrose being the guy that's going to end his career.

Seth Rollins has fallen back in importance, but you have to give others time, I guess. I'd rather see him as world champion, but he should be on the main WWE roster soon anyway.

Mike Dalton is really making a name for himself. He defeated Kruger recently in a non-title match. I still think he looks like Michael Shane aka Matt Bentley.

Rick Victor is starting to become more important. I never noticed him last year. He looks a lot like Waylon Mercy and needs to steal that gimmick.

Corey Graves is also starting to get more TV time. He's the former Sterling James Keenan. I don't know why ROH didn't use him when they could have signed him years ago. FCW could have given him more time to team with Cottonwood or that other 7 ft guy...forgetting his name. Graves also had a valet for 1 match last year, but that ended too soon.

Briley Pierce is injured (not sure if it's just storyline or not), so he and Brad Maddox had their tag titles removed. They were a very entertaining team and seemed to be turning baby-face. Too bad they split, because neither is good on his own.

There are others on the roster, but most are boring. Xavier Woods is good, but his motivational speaker gimmick is not. Damien Sandow is okay, but he looks silly with the new pink and purple gear. Audrey Marie is decent, but the WWE needs to ban the multi-spin headscissors move that so many divas use now. Brittani Knight has debuted in a storyline with Rollins. Should be interesting. Byron Saxton is almost recovered from injury, but he should just stay on commentary.

FCW was the best fed in 2011, and they're still going strong.

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Re: FCW 2012 Discussion Thread

How can you watch FCW anyways? I've been wondering for a while.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Believe

Status

Hmmmm.

Spoiler:

"What's the boogeyman?"

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status

I regret seeing that spoiler, but it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    How can you watch FCW anyways? I've been wondering for a while.
    I just type "FCW" on YouTube then change results to show the newest uploads.

Here's part one for this week's show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAA7r...feature=relmfu

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SSA View Post
    I regret seeing that spoiler, but it's great.

I just type "FCW" on YouTube then change results to show the newest uploads.

Here's part one for this week's show:
    FCW 2/26/12 26th February 2012 - Part 1/4 (HQ) - YouTube
    '
    I'm definitely gonna watch from now on.

Believe

Status

God, Damien Sandow is so ****ing awesome.

"What's the boogeyman?"

Cliff 'Em All

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    God, Damien Sandow is so ****ing awesome.
    He's been in developmental for like ever for some reason.

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Death Dealer View Post
    He's been in developmental for like ever for some reason.
    Since late 2006 I believe.

Belgian Champion

Status

Dude you forgot that Antonio Cesaro aka Claudio Castagnoli is also featured a lot lately on FCW he's currently busy with a storyline that he's gonna crush every competitor till he gets what he wants. The FCW championship. Maybe it's a good sign if you see the spoiler that there will come a good feud out of it. Coz i didn't liked Leo Kruger as a champion.

Big E Langston is also getting a lot of screen time since he featured in the Cena promo.

And the one that really makes me laugh is Mr. Jacked! How was his name? Nick Rogers i guess.

Also saw two matches of Mr. Tough Enough and he sucked.

On Vacation

Status

*marking out heavily for the spoiler and confusing my work mates by jumping up and down* ))

CM Punk Mark

Status

FCW is interesting. It's not the most entertaining but it's cool to look at what possibly be the future of the WWE. Sometimes it can be chore to watch but sometimes it feels like 10 minutes. Is it better than ROH and TNA? Maybe depends on how you look at it but overall it's solid. Plus I saw the Spoiler and i am F*CKING excited for the next tapings.

Killing It.

Status

If we can talk about the spoiler since I'm sure everyone's clicked it by now and ****, the Roll Call says Mike Dalton won the belt only for Leo to win it back, and then our new champion to win it from him all in the same night! Confusing as hell... speaking of Dalton, he's quite awesome. I watched the Feb. 19th episode earlier today. Richie superkicking Sandow just as the spotlight hit him was a really cool moment! Cesaro... his match was alright, he's obviously still awesome, but what the hell was with his "default" gear? Looked so weird... I guess he hasn't gotten AC gear made yet? Brad Maddox sarcasm filled promosaying "nobody can replace Briley Pierce" was pretty funny/great.

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status

Damien Sandow would like the part of an "Old School" dressed wrestler if he didn't wear the pink and purple, I've enjoyed his promos while he was 15 Champ..............Spotlight Please.

2011 was pretty great for FCW: The series of matches between Ambrose and Rollins and signing Cesaro. This year got started off nicely with Chris Hero getting signed, can't wait to see him in the ring as I've been keeping my eye for any video of his debut emerging. Those five guys I mentioned, then a couple others I'll be looking at during the year.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

im barely rasist

Status

So is Garrett Dylan's gimmick supposed to be that he's... Uh, Bob Orton?

I swear to god they just took Orton's picture from Smackdown Vs Raw and pasted his head on there.

EDIT:

YOU SEE?!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Pizza Dog; 03-01-2012 at 12:03 AM.

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status

I like FCW the best because it's straight forward and gives us a lot of wresling while not skimping on the storylines and development. Just enough of both to be entertaining. Sure, the crowd could be bigger and livelier, but I don't care. Reminds me of WCW Saturday Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    If we can talk about the spoiler since I'm sure everyone's clicked it by now and ****, the Roll Call says Mike Dalton won the belt only for Leo to win it back, and then our new champion to win it from him all in the same night! Confusing as hell... speaking of Dalton, he's quite awesome. I watched the Feb. 19th episode earlier today. Richie superkicking Sandow just as the spotlight hit him was a really cool moment! Cesaro... his match was alright, he's obviously still awesome, but what the hell was with his "default" gear? Looked so weird... I guess he hasn't gotten AC gear made yet? Brad Maddox sarcasm filled promosaying "nobody can replace Briley Pierce" was pretty funny/great.
    LOL. I think Cesaro must have left his gear in a hotel, because that is not how he normally dresses. It was weird, but the match was still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Showtime View Post
    Damien Sandow would like the part of an "Old School" dressed wrestler if he didn't wear the pink and purple, I've enjoyed his promos while he was 15 Champ..............Spotlight Please.
    I've started to appreciate Sandow since he won the FCW 15 title. He is pretty funny and he's okay in the ring. He also has the best theme music in FCW. Period. FCW - Damien Sandow (2nd): From The New World (4) - YouTube

Kruger is kinda boring. He's okay in the ring, but he needs more mic time and better gear. Look at Kraven the Hunter from Spider-Man comics, and then you have a better idea of how Kruger should dress.

Oh, here's what I think of when I see Sandow's pink and purple ring gear. Same colors...

Killing It.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Co Host 3000 View Post
    So is Garrett Dylan's gimmick supposed to be that he's... Uh, Bob Orton?
    You might even say he's.... Bob Orton 3000! Trevor Murdoch could count as 2000.

Kruger definitely bored the hell out of me. Seeing Sandow come out with the robe only to reveal the pink trunks when he went down was definitely a surprise....

Killing It.

Status

Something that really annoys me with FCW's roster photoshoot pictures is the stupid zombie like effect they use on them! I like that it's not just a plain green screen behind them anymore but why do they have to use effects like this on the actual wrestler's layer? It's the worst in the Antonio Cesaro's picture with his stupid thing that looks like a bruise on his head in all of his pictures!

Underdog

Status

Have to agree, looks half-arsed and amateur.

Belgian Champion

Status

Antonio Cesaro with Claudio Castagnoli trunks

Suffocate|Concuss|Prevail

Status

When Cesaro first showed up, I think in the first couple of matches he had, he was introduced as Mr. Antonio Cesaro. I wish they would've kept that going. And yeah, those roster pics are pretty lame.
    Wade. to attack, approach, or begin vigorously.
    Will. power or capacity of free, conscious choice.
    Amiable. (to persons) having a pleasing and kindly disposition.

Thread Information