Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never insult the people who handle your food....

Squash Fodder

Status

Never insult the people who handle your food....

Banker

Just when you may have thought the ongoing battle between the 99% and the 1% was dying down, it may have been reignited. A wealthy banker left a $1.33 tip on a $133 lunch at the True Food Kitchen restaurant in Newport Beach, California.
    To add insult to injury the word "tip" was circled on the receipt, and the banker wrote "get a real job" on the bill.

Oh I wonder what he will get in his food now.

No

Status

Re: Never insult the people who handle your food....

Do people actually believe cooks/servers spit in your food?

It's not true...I've worked in a kitchen for almost 5 years now, and never have I seen anyone do something to a ****ty customer's food, nor have I ever heard someone do anything at another restaurant.

Also that story hasn't been proven yet, it may be fake.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suffy View Post
    Do people actually believe cooks/servers spit in your food?

It's not true...I've worked in a kitchen for almost 5 years now, and never have I seen anyone do something to a ****ty customer's food, nor have I ever heard someone do anything at another restaurant.
    I have worked in hotels and food before and I have witnessed people doing disgusting things to a customers food or service if they get them pissed off enough.

SICK BEATS

Status

Yeah, I can vouch for The Count on this one, don't **** us off if we have your food before you can see it.

No

Status

Like I said I've worked in a kitchen as a cook for 5 years and never even seen anything close to that, a guy got fired last week because he ate some fries off a customers plate before it hit the table.

Squash Fodder

Status

Like I said I've worked in a kitchen as a cook for 5 years and never even seen anything close to that, a guy got fired last week because he ate some fries off a customers plate before it hit the table.
    LOL damn he must of been hungry. But since you worked as a cook you might have been busy its usually the waiters/waitresses who do something and they probably won't brag about it. Not saying its not possible that it has not happened where you worked at tho.

Indy Talent

Status

I haven't worked in the food industry before but looking at the way human beings are wired it wouldn't surprise me to see someone do some pretty sickening things to a patrons food. Nor would it surprise me to see a patron give such a little tip and act like a total douche bag either. Slipknot said it best.... PEOPLE = ****. Pretty much sums up my opinion of this and humanity as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I find it hard to believe nobody watching Fight Club, or even decades before, in the food service industry didn't **** with a person's food.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. Jay Lethal vs. Seleziya - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #4. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Killing It.

Status

I've seen Waiting! I know how it is! Either way that guy sounds like a dick.

No

Status

Maybe that waiter was **** to, I personally don't tip a bad waiter...it's a lot different in Canada because service staff do get paid minimum wage, it is not like the US where they get paid like 2.50$ an hour and need their tips (which is one reason why the food is cheaper)

But I won't even tip at the place where I work if I don't like the service, the girls know they have to treat me and my friends like any other customer otherwise we are leaving a .50 cent tip. If I know they are on their phone in the back and not bringing out my food why should I tip?

CAAAAAAAAARL!

Status
    Yeah. That's like rule number one of society. I am always kind to staff. My brother has worked in the industry for a decade or more and while he doesn't do that he encounters some serious assholes as customers. He says people treat him very poorly at times. He also serves plenty of really awesome people as well as celebrities. He said every celebrity he has ever met (mostly NBA and MLB players) are the nicest people in the world. They must have learned that lesson a long time ago being on the road so much.

Squash Fodder

Status

Lol fail on me this story was a hoax or at least that is what has been said. Still tho don't **** off those who serve you lol.

The FCW Guy
    formerly SSA

Status

Yeah, I saw the newer story claiming it's a hoax, but I also read a comment by a local that claimed their news station said it wasn't a hoax. Either way, Yahoo is complete garbage when it comes to news. It also doesn't mean that rich people can't be terrible with tips sometimes, because I've heard plenty of stories about bad tips or celebrities giving waiters an autograph for a tip instead of money.

Heel Champion

Status

Maybe that waiter was **** to, I personally don't tip a bad waiter...it's a lot different in Canada because service staff do get paid minimum wage, it is not like the US where they get paid like 2.50$ an hour and need their tips (which is one reason why the food is cheaper)

But I won't even tip at the place where I work if I don't like the service, the girls know they have to treat me and my friends like any other customer otherwise we are leaving a .50 cent tip. If I know they are on their phone in the back and not bringing out my food why should I tip?
    I live in Canada and i always tip. Unless the person was rude. if not they get 15% and up. Anything else means you are a cheapskate. .50 cent tip! Id be embarrassed if i gave someone that. No offense. And how do you know they are on the phone and if they were, maybe it was important. If that is your major gripe , you should consider staying home and eating.

And i hope that guy gets ****ed up food next time if the story is true. I know people who have ****ed with food badly when customer are rude. And way worse than picking up food of the floor and serving it.

No

Status

Why should you tip though? They get paid minimum wage...do you tip the guy at Home Depot that helps you out...no. If a waiter (in Canada) doesn't like their pay guess what they can do...find another job.

I'll tip in the states because of the way they pay their wait staff, but in Canada where they still get paid at least minimum wage I don't often see a point, it's called capitalism; you don't like your job, get a new one.

21-1

Status
    Yeah my GF has the same kinda view as you stuffy. They are simply doing their job and getting paid already to do so. Why tip they any further when you wouldn't really tip anyone else who earns the same while doing a different job. I dunno though guess its one of those things you just learn to do.

As for the food argument I'd never **** with a waiter or anything just in case. All it takes is for them to be In a pissed off mood and you to rattle them that little bit more and anything can happen.
    Last edited by CGS; 02-29-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Indy Talent

Status

Why should you tip though? They get paid minimum wage...do you tip the guy at Home Depot that helps you out...no. If a waiter (in Canada) doesn't like their pay guess what they can do...find another job.

I'll tip in the states because of the way they pay their wait staff, but in Canada where they still get paid at least minimum wage I don't often see a point, it's called capitalism; you don't like your job, get a new one.
    Yea actually I do, for one, tip pretty much anybody that helps me out. Such as sacker's at the local groceries, home depot/lowes the lads that help you out with carrying large products to your truck, waiters I always tip base 15% and if the service is good or we have a party of 4 or more I'll go up to 30%. The reason I do pay them is it's the right thing to do, they make **** money, they barely make it as is in this bull**** economy so why not help someone that is going out of their way to help me. I remember how hard it was when I was back in uni, living off damn Ramen noodles and the bare minimum and now that I'm older, have a great job, and can afford to do such things I like to at least help out, where I believe it is warranted.

Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

Heel Champion

Status

Working at a restaurant or a bar is much more stressing and harder than being a clerk at a Home Depot. I guess its just an unwritten rule type of thing. And guess what, if there were no waiters, there wouldn't really be those types of restaurants. Someone has to do that job. Waiters and waitresses are an essential part of dining outside your home at a restaurant or bar. Since someone has to do it, you should be happy that that someone is willing to serve you. Tipping is just a thank you for bringing me my food while you are on your feet all day running around getting paid at minimum wage. Don't forget, someone has to do that job. If no one was doing it, there would be no experience of going out and getting served food.

And also living on minimum wage sucks. Ever try it? Its next to impossible. The main reason people become waiters and waitresses is tips.

No

Status

So...none of that is my problem. They get paid to do a job, don't like it go get a degree (or certificate) and get a better job. I firmly believe that it's an idiotic notion to tip someone to do their job that they already get paid for, if they don't make enough that's not my problem no one is forcing them to work that particular job.

CAAAAAAAAARL!

Status
    So...none of that is my problem. They get paid to do a job, don't like it go get a degree (or certificate) and get a better job. I firmly believe that it's an idiotic notion to tip someone to do their job that they already get paid for, if they don't make enough that's not my problem no one is forcing them to work that particular job.
    What an ignorant viewpoint.

Do you know that servers in most resturaunts get paid under 2 dollars a hour and make the vast majority of their salary off tips??

Do you also think its ok to treat people like **** because they don't have a college education? What if the person came from an extremely poor background and didnt have the means to go to college? Wow. A total dink immature statement Suffy.

Thread Information