Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE Wrestlemania 28 - WWE World Champion CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

Evil Admin.

Status

WWE Wrestlemania 28 - WWE World Champion CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (WWE Championship Match)
    By: Mitch Passero February 20, 2012
    Tags: WrestleMania XXVIII, CM Punk, Chris Jericho

During his rise to WWE Champion, CM Punk blasted the WWE establishment every step of the way. Even the very McMahon family name was not safe from his verbal barbs. His blistering and often shocking criticisms created a buzz that had not been seen in the WWE Universe in quite some time. The Second City Saint proved he could achieve success by doing things his way.

But is The Straightedge Superstar really the best in the world at what he does? Not if you ask Chris Jericho, who will face Punk on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Certainly Jericho presents one of Punk’s greatest challenges to date. The recently returned Superstar has 22 championships to his credit – 30 if you include his title wins in WCW and ECW.

On top of his accomplished resume, Jericho brings a fire within that perhaps Punk has yet to encounter while defending the coveted WWE Championship. Not only is Jericho back in WWE, he’s angry.

In the Raw Elimination Chamber Match, Punk knocked Jericho out with a kick to the back of the head, rendering him unable to compete any further in the match. And at the end of the night, Jericho delivered a scathing account of what went down in an exclusive backstage interview.

One day later – still seething after what happened at Elimination Chamber – Jericho earned the right to challenge Punk at WrestleMania after winning a 10-Man No. 1 Contender's Battle Royal on the Feb. 20 edition of Raw SuperShow. The match was arranged by none other than Punk’s favorite nemesis – WWE EVP of Talent Relations and Interim Raw General Manger John Laurinaitis.

Will this latest power play by Laurinaitis finally be the one that helps dethrone Punk? Or, will The Second City Saint manage to yet again thwart Mr. Excitement’s best laid plans.

With both Punk and Jericho claiming to be the best in the world, they’ll now get a chance to prove it at WrestleMania XXVIII. Regardless of who wins, the WWE Universe is sure to witness an epic confrontation on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

On April 1 in Miami, find out who earns the right to truly call himself the best in the world.
    Jericho's World Title matches at Wrestlemania haven't exactly been hits in my eyes, but this will probably be his best one yet.

Believe

Status

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 28 - WWE World Title Match

It's amazing that pretty much a year ago (maybe more), everyone was clamoring so hard for this match and now we're getting it.

I can't wait.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

I haven't really liked the story behind it so far if I'm being honest, but in terms of wrestling ability, Jericho and Punk are right up there in WWE today so should be a great match provided Jericho ups his game from what I've saw since his return.

Don't play the odds, play the man!

Fire and blood

Status

Outside of Jericho farting around for the first four weeks doing something utterly pointless, I think the feud has been okay. They've tried to make it a big deal and they're two very good promo guys so I'm expecting big things from them in the coming weeks. The match should be very good too.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Yeah I'm expecting them to both to pick it up a few gears in the promo stakes in the next few weeks so hopefully that will excite me a bit more.

Don't play the odds, play the man!

kiss the ring

Status

I'm sure it'll be a good match, but I have no interest in this feud right now. Jericho is just a chore to watch these days. But Punk is still the best in the world so I'm sure he can cary him.

Indy Talent

Status

In terms of stick work these gentlemen have always been solid. So with saying that I do look forward to the build up to WM. As far as the match itself is concerned CM Punk is the best in the world, Jericho has fallen off the horse, so to speak. Either way I'm sure Punk can carry the match and it will solid as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I'm not really that invested in the feud, but I'll have to watch. Jericho has picked up where he left off in terms of being super exhausting to watch, but I'm sure he'll come together and clash well with Punk.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

FUNKASAURUS

Status

Re: WWE Wrestlemania 28 - WWE World Champion CM Punk vs Chris Jericho

To quote Mr. D. Bryan...

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Status

Jericho not winning the championship at Elimination Chamber makes me wonder what the whole "the end of the world" thing is, since that's basically the basis for Jericho's return.

It should be a great match no doubt, but will this feud continue after Wrestlemania or will Punk move on to Cena (again) or Ziggler?

FUNKASAURUS

Status

Punk-Miz, Jericho-Cena is my bet.
    RAGGIE's BACK!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    With the cold winds of the North came the fury of Ragnar

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

#pipebombshell

Status

Considering Jericho's barely done anything since returning, there's a lot of hate for his performance so far in here.

Personally, I think his and Sheamus' battle at the end of the Rumble was on a par with 'Taker/Micheals a few years back.

On Vacation

Status

The reason they haven't made Jericho do anything is simple: They want to ensure that he goes into this match as the clear heel. Jericho did a good job of going from a complete arena chanting "Y2J" to getting booed everywhere within just a month. Even as heel, people liked his micwork so they even reduced that to a minimum. Jericho's job as a heel is pretty easy at the moment - saying 6-12 words per promo and getting hated for doing that. They are giving us zero of what we want out of Jericho, and therefore we start disliking him. An absolutely tremendous way to make this heel run work.

However, this question remains for me: Why does it have to be Jericho whose main thing to get people invested in a match was talking? He surely doesn't sell me this match with his stuck-in-1997 in-ring style. With the current state of WWE, shouldn't it be a newer guy that will be there for the next 10 years? Shouldn't it be a Ziggler, a Del Rio or even a Miz for the sake of continuity? With Cena and Rock in the main event, they have failed to take another new guy into the mix here while not capitalizing on the value of the guy who came back.

kiss the ring

Status

To me that just comes off as being disliked for genuinely sucking. But I don't think that is even what Jericho is trying to do. The whole "I worked the fans yeah!!" schtick has barely been touched on and was nothing more than a lame gimmick for a few weeks. Now, we are literally back to seeing Jericho do the exact same goddamn promo he's been cutting for YEARS now and it's incredibly stale.

Last night Punk atleast did a decent job of selling this as being a no-nonsense, no flash, no bull**** contest to see who is the better man, which is a good way of making it stand out from the other 3 big matches on the show. But still, it is going to to take some really good booking to make this interesting, because feuding over the catchphrase is pretty boring.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

Jericho's promos aren't anything like what he did before, presentation wise.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

kiss the ring

Status

what do you mean "presentation-wise"?

I ain't gonna beg

Status

He's not coming out in suits. He's not talking very slowly. He's not keeping a monotonous tone. The only things that are the same are: Best in the world at what he does, a fairly large vocabulary, and he's heel.

I'm not saying he's amazingly fresh by ANY means, just that it's not fair to say he's the same.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

kiss the ring

Status

Eh, a new jacket doesn't really cut it. Atleast he isn't monotone anymore, I'll give you that though.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

I'm just saying, his promo style is different, if nothing else.

Spoiler:

Thread Information