Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ROH "Showdown in The Sun" iPPV Doubleshot - Cards & Results

Last Real Man Hype

Status

ROH ROH "Showdown in The Sun" iPPV Doubleshot - Cards & Results

"Showdown in The Sun - Day 1" Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Friday, Mar 30, 2012 08:00pm EDT

ROH World Championship Triple Threat Elimination Match

"American Wolf" Davey Richards defends vs. "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini

"La Revancha" - Last Man Standing Match

"The Generic Luchador" El Generico vs. "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen

The Prodigy vs. The Icon

"The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis vs. Lance Storm

ROH World TV Championship

Jay Lethal defends vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Proving Ground Match

ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste

Tag Team Action

Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Dual Duel - Match #1

The All Night Express vs. The Young Bucks
    *A coin toss will decide whether this match is a Street Fight or a Tornado Tag.

Scheduled to Appear:
    - "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with Truth Martini
    - "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy Ltd.
    - Adam Cole

More wrestlers to be announced soon!

"Showdown in The Sun - Day 2" Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Saturday, Mar 31, 2012, 1:00pm EDT

ROH World Championship - Blind Destiny Match #1

"American Wolf" Davey Richards (if still champion) defends vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

ROH World Championship - Blind Destiny Match #2

"Die Hard" Eddie Edwards (if champion) defends vs. "Wrestling's Worst Nightmare" Kevin Steen

ROH World Championship - Blind Destiny Match #3

Roderick Strong (if champion) with Truth Martini defends vs. ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal

ROH World Tag Team Championship

The Briscoes defend vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

Dual Duel - Match #2

The All Night Express vs. The Young Bucks
    *A coin toss from the previous night will decide whether this match is a Street Fight or a Tornado Tag.

Future Shock Explodes!

Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly

Special Attraction: Ring Of Honor vs. CHIKARA

"Technical Lightning" TJ Perkins vs. Fire Ant

Scheduled to Appear:
    - "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy Ltd.
    - Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman
    - "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis

Click HERE to Order Both Shows For Just $19.99!
    Last edited by Malcolm Ecstasy; 03-28-2012 at 02:51 PM.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #4. Brutal Burgers vs. RD Evans & Moose - Field Of Honor
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Evil Admin.

Status

Re: ROH Heading to Florida for WrestleMania

How did the Wrestlemania weekend shows do in terms of buys? IIRC, you were worried that it wasn't the wisest decesion to try conning fans into paying so much when a lot of people are already paying for Wrestlemania.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    How did the Wrestlemania weekend shows do in terms of buys? IIRC, you were worried that it wasn't the wisest decesion to try conning fans into paying so much when a lot of people are already paying for Wrestlemania.
    I didn't think they were conning anyone, I hoped they would make some sort of deal because it was a doubleshot and they did ($20 for TWO LIVE SHOWS). I didn't think they were going to get many buys due to WrestleMania, but apparently they did very well considering. It wasn't on the level of the highest-bought show at the time, Final Battle 2010, but it was only a few hundred behind, which I didn't expect at all.

Really, I reacted too fast to it. They only need 900 or so buys to break even and they cleared that easily, so these iPPVs are easy profit. But part of the appeal of iPPVs is how far and few they are, to make them seem like a massive deal and important, so I don't think they should consider turning every show into an iPPV.

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Evil Admin.

Status

Conning/shilling/hyping/promoting, it's all the same to me.

It's good that the Center Stage shows did well though. Two shows instead of just one feels a bit excessive, but as long as they're making money, that's all that matters. I hope they go back to the building where they ran the Center Stage shows. I loved the look of it.

HIPSTER MOD

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Yeah, I'm with Jim that it's excessive with the two shows, but I'm glad they're trying another iPPV over WM Weekend. They try really hard with these WM shows, and for the majority, it pays off. Center Stage was worth the purchase this past year.

-------
    Stuff You Should Click On Or I'll Make Sure You Get Banned
    THE CHRONICLES OF RIDIC: The Hurricane | Simon Dean | Anonymous Raw GM | 3 Count
    Discuss: ROH | PWG | DGUSA | EVOLVE | CZW | CHIKARA | AAW | Puro | Other/Random
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    [09:52 PM] Dakstang: Yeah I would rather watch a same sex marriage than Pokemon

Curtain Jerker

Status

I don't think it's excessive to do 2 shows.. they always have double shots no matter where they are going... plus people are there for the whole weekend so why not do friday and saturday? it makes perfect sense in my opinion

Evil Admin.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by drnick View Post
    I don't think it's excessive to do 2 shows.. they always have double shots no matter where they are going... plus people are there for the whole weekend so why not do friday and saturday? it makes perfect sense in my opinion
    We're not talking about a doubleshot being excessive. Instead, we're talking about whether having two iPPV's during the biggest wrestling weekend of the year is excessive or not.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    We're not talking about a doubleshot being excessive. Instead, we're talking about whether having two iPPV's during the biggest wrestling weekend of the year is excessive or not.
    Last year showed that if booked right, it won't be.

Use that as a weekend to bring in some NOAH guys and you have record byrates imo.

Have Night 1 as a strictly ROH versus NOAH night then on Night II, switch it up. Have your usual inter-company matches, but have some special attractions too.
    signature.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by British Brawler View Post
    Last year showed that if booked right, it won't be.

Use that as a weekend to bring in some NOAH guys and you have record byrates imo.

Have Night 1 as a strictly ROH versus NOAH night then on Night II, switch it up. Have your usual inter-company matches, but have some special attractions too.
    I'd love to see this happen. I don't think they'll be bringing enough NOAH guys to make a full night out of it, though. Rumour is it's KENTA, Go Shiozaki and Kotaro Suzuki. It'd be nice to get some sort of six-man tag on one night. Perhaps all three against the Wolves (if they're somehow still a team and both faces) and Generico.

Spoiler:

Evil Admin.

Status

KENTA vs Davey III please. I can't think of many better ways to use some NOAH talent than that.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

ROH ROH "Showdown in The Sun" iPPV Doubleshot - Cards & Results

"Showdown in The Sun - Day 1" Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Friday, Mar 30, 2012 08:00pm EDT

The Prodigy vs. The Icon

"The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Maria Kanellis vs. Lance Storm

Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste Enter the Proving Ground

Scheduled to Appear:
    - ROH World Champion "American Wolf" Davey Richards
    - ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes
    - ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal
    - The House of Truth
    - Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
    - “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen
    - “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards
    - The Young Bucks
    - TJ Perkins
    - Future Shock

"Showdown in The Sun - Day 2" Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Saturday, Mar 31, 2012, 1:00pm EDT

ROH World Tag Team Championship

The Briscoes defend vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

Scheduled to Appear:
    - ROH World Champion "American Wolf" Davey Richards
    - ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal
    - The House of Truth
    - “Wrestling’s Worst Nightmare” Kevin Steen
    - “Die Hard” Eddie Edwards
    - The Young Bucks
    - TJ Perkins
    - Future Shock

Click HERE to Order Both Shows For Just $19.99!

A Canadian Icon Returns To ROH!
    “The Prodigy” awaits his arrival…

It has been a long time since the highly-decorated Lance Storm has competed inside a Ring of Honor ring; two and a half years roughly, since “Death Before Dishonor VII” weekend where he first defeated Chris Hero & Davey Richards in a tag team bout with Kevin Steen as his partner then, one night later, was the victim of a KO from Hero.

Still that wasn’t the first time Storm had competed for ROH either as he challenged Bryan Danielson for the ROH World Title at “Better Than Our Best” on April 1, 2006 in a battle that Storm bills as one of the favorites of his career.

Lance Storm & ROH have an association that goes back a number of years, and as announced this weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, it’s one that will be renewed on March 30th at “Showdown in the Sun” when he returns to battle “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett!! Storm himself contacted ROH officials after watching TV these past few months and said out of all of the great wrestlers that he sees every week, Mike Bennett, despite all his potential, seriously needs some honor and respect taught to him

“This is a great opportunity for Lance Storm.” said the ever-arrogant Bennett, “A chance for him to hear the fans chant ‘you still got it’ and ‘welcome back’ and for him to get that feel good moment one more time. But that is all it will be Lance, just…one…moment. See this is Ring of Honor; this is my showcase, my stage to show the world why I’m the best damn entertainer this sport has ever seen and I will not have my spotlight leeched off of by you. You were great and your matches with Danielson and Hero were epic, but that last one was over two years ago Lance, and in that time your body has only gotten older while mine has been honed into a finely tuned wrestling machine. Maybe after Ft. Lauderdale, after what I put you through in front of the entire world on iPPV, you’ll seriously consider hanging up your boots, and don’t worry, my Maria will be there to see it first hand! Just keep your hands off her you pervert.”

Strong words from Bennett as he gets ready for his match-up with Lance Storm on March 30, 2012 at “Showdown in the Sun” coming live on iPPV from the War Memorial Auditorium in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Lance Storm will certainly have his hands full that night because he will also apparently have Maria, the self-proclaimed First Lady of ROH, in his corner!

Don’t miss out on “Showdown in the Sun” when ROH shows the world why we are the absolute best professional wrestling on the planet! Tickets for the event are available right here at Ticketmaster or you can order the event live on iPPV via GoFightLive here!
    The Briscoes & WGTT Go To War In The Memorial!
    Ft. Lauderdale better get prepared…

This past weekend on “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, ROH World Tag Champion Mark Briscoe went one-on-one with Charlie Haas with his brother Jay handcuffed at ringside. Where was Shelton Benjamin? He was sitting at home on suspension after refusing to pay his fine for viciously assaulting the Briscoes with a chair a few weeks prior.

The younger Briscoe came out on top in the battle but it was Haas who won the war that night because, after losing, the former tag team champion took advantage of Jay’s restraints and assaulted Mark with a chair shot right across the head. As cocky as ever, Charlie took money out of his own pocket, paid the $5,000 fines for both he and Shelton, and walked away quite pleased with himself.

“We can play that f****** game Charlie.” said an angry Jay, “Hell we been playing that game for years here in ROH. We ain’t never given a damn about fines and you best believe that next time we get our hands on you boys there’s gonna be some hefty dues to pay that night. Ring of Honor ya’ll better make this happen, and it damn sure better happen soon cause Charlie and Shelton need an ass whuppin like nobodies business. Do it on TV, do it on pay per view, hell do it in my damn backyard for all we care, titles, no titles, just best make sure you put those two ***** in the same ring as me and Mark ASAP before this **** gets worse, and you know Dem Boys can make this plenty worse.”

Well with a title defense against The Young Bucks scheduled for the “10th Anniversary Event” on March 4th in NYC this fight would obviously have to wait for a later date, but not that much later. On Saturday March 31st, as part of our second day of “Showdown in the Sun”, it will be ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team, Charlie Haas & Shelton Benjamin! And should The Briscoes retain their titles in NYC, than this contest will be fought for the ROH World Tag Team Titles!

It’s The Briscoes vs. WGTT in Ft. Lauderdale on 3/31! Don’t miss out on “Showdown in the Sun” when ROH shows the world why we are the absolute best professional wrestling on the planet! Tickets for the event are available right here at Ticketmaster or you can order the event live on iPPV via GoFightLive here!
    Last edited by Malcolm Ecstasy; 02-22-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Spoiler:

kiss the ring

Status

Re: ROH "Showdown in The Sun" iPPV Doubleshot - Cards & Results

Surprised people still care about seeing Lance Storm in 2012.

Tag match makes sense but is still not particularly exciting.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I'm actually more excited about it this time round. WGTT have been owning their babyface selves as heels and The Briscoes are in great form - gimmick, overness and in-ring wise. I loved the FB match and now that their turns are established, I think this match is going to be something great.

Spoiler:

Backyarder

Status

Considering Bennett works more the WWE-style match he and Storm could be pretty good. Can't say I'm thrilled about another Briscoes/WGTT match though.

Heel Champion

Status

I d much rather see Lance Storm vs Bennett than Kane vs Cena or HHH vs Taker. But hey that's just me!

Cliff 'Em All

Status

HHH/Taker > Bennett/Storm > Cena/Kane. I am excited to see Storm wrestle again though.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

kiss the ring

Status

"I'd rather seen crappy match A over crappy match B and C"

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    "I'd rather seen crappy match A over crappy match B and C"
    pretty much this!

Chikara Trainee

Status

Going to both shows! Haven't got my tickets yet but am excited. Not much for Bennet Vs Storm though...Never was a big fan. As long as I get some Jimmy Jacobs and maybe even a Steen Vs. Richards match, I'll be happy.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I can see Steen vs Generico happening on one of these shows, once Steen crushes Jacobs like he did to Corino at Final Battle, Cornette is going to have to throw the man who originally sent Steen out of ROH in the first place in Generico. If it does happen, it'd be worth the price of the show alone. As far as already booked, although he's going to have Bennett the rub, it feels like a such a waste of Storm (old or not), i'd much prefer a edwards vs. Storm match but each to his own I guess.

Thread Information