Thread: A bad day for British Boxing

Gentleman Psychopath

Status

A bad day for British Boxing

In what in many people's eyes was one of the worst days(2 overall). Derek Chisora and David Haye have basically lowered the standards for British Boxing. Chisora started off by slapping Vitali at the weigh in and then spat in Wladimir's face. But it was at the Press Conference where everything became worse. Adam Booth ends up bottled, Chisora gets arrested and glassed, Haye does a runner after starting a fight and the Klitschko Brothers vow not to compete with any more brits due to the way these two have acted. Both Chisora and Haye need to have their licenses revoked in my opinion and Haye is lucky he is not under criminal charges.
    My BTB: Gotham City Stories

#Inshadewetrust #ShadeArmy #Hashtag

kiss the ring

Status

Re: A bad day for British Boxing

get the **** out of here, this is the best thing to happen to British boxing in years. It's actually gathered attention outside the boxing buble and has a fight people will actually want to see. Plus, it was ****ing hilarious.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    get the **** out of here, this is the best thing to happen to British boxing in years. It's actually gathered attention outside the boxing buble and has a fight people will actually want to see. Plus, it was ****ing hilarious.
    Its pretty debatable. Sure, it got them attention. But is it attention from people who will actually pay money to see them fight? Because people won't, then its waste. More than a waste, since a lot of boxing fans who might pay for that fight are going to be turned off by Chisora's antics - not just the brawl but the pre-fight and post-fight in the Klitchko fight.

One can argue that any attention is good attention, but I personally don't feel that's the case. It reminds me of WCW using celebrities like Jay Leno and David Arquette. Yeah, it got people's attention who might not otherwise be paying attention, but most of them didn't keep paying attention and it pissed off those who had been watching all along.

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

So apparently there is some talk of both guys being banned for life. The British Boxing Commission (BBBC) already has called Chisora in for a disciplinary hearing. It cannot do that with Haye, since he's retired, but if Haye wanted to return to the ring, he would have got get licensed by them and that might not be possible now.

Like Father, Like Son.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

21-1

Status

Someone mentioned it best on SSN That the Haye/Chisora stuff was a promoter's dream until they actually started fighting. Which is true in a sense since it writes itself. Easy stuff to book and already have a motive. The fight was stupid from both guys though. Chisora seems way to hood . The guy just looked liked he was trying to be the baddie too damn much.

Frankly the Chisora stuff was good up till the Haye Battle. The stuff with Klitscho must have gained the fight itself more attention. The stuff with Hayes however was just laughable and did give Boxing a bit of a bad name for the timebeing. However you can't deny now that if that fight ever happened it would sell like Crazy.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Someone mentioned it best on SSN That the Haye/Chisora stuff was a promoter's dream until they actually started fighting. Which is true in a sense since it writes itself. Easy stuff to book and already have a motive. The fight was stupid from both guys though. Chisora seems way to hood . The guy just looked liked he was trying to be the baddie too damn much.

Frankly the Chisora stuff was good up till the Haye Battle. The stuff with Klitscho must have gained the fight itself more attention. The stuff with Hayes however was just laughable and did give Boxing a bit of a bad name for the timebeing. However you can't deny now that if that fight ever happened it would sell like Crazy.
    I honestly don't think it would. Yes, the whole controversy would attract some casual and non-fans. But that addition declines the longer it takes to set up the fight. Beyond that, I don't think its a fight that interests a lot of hardcore boxing fans, the ones who typically do buy/attend these matches. These two did **** off a lot of purists with this stunt, plus neither is seen as a great heavyweight, plus there is no title belt on the line. Putting it together now might mean it does a bit better business than it would have without the whole brawl, but not massively better. Plus, the longer it takes, the less effect the brawl has.

The back-and-forth between them before the brawl is a good way to sell a fight but its hardly what I would call a promoter's dream. It definitely makes the promoter's job a bit easier, but its not like it turns them into two elite heavyweights. They're still two good but not great fighters coming off losses and with no title on the line.

Like Father, Like Son.

Status

It'd be on like Showtime or HBO, not PPV. But I would watch it. Why not?
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

ITM

Status

I'd defo watch Chisora v Haye now. Without a doubt. Without a doubt. This is ****ing brilliant.

Brush off my shoulders, but not 'cause it's colder
    Will it get better, now that we're older?
    Remember the feeling, a deeper emotion
    To be high as a mountain, as deep as the ocean

OOO YEAAAAAAH

Thread Information