Thread: What are you giving up for Lent?

Better than Perfect

Status

What are you giving up for Lent?

First of all, let's not allow this thread to become a debate about religion or the existence of God or "err u need teh godz 2 make u giv up teh vicez lulz n00b" or whatnot. If you're here, it's because you intend on giving up something for Lent and telling WC what it is (and why, if you want to) in a way that's not at all smug or pompous. I mean, that's why we're all here, and different vices mean different things to each of us, so no sacrifice can really objectively be greater than another. And, for the people who feel no need to give up anything, no sacrifice makes you better than them.

Okay, here's mine. I'm redoing what I did last year and am giving up on all forums and social networking. It's just that, when I did it last year, I had this amazing clarity of mind! I could focus on real life; I didn't worry about updating my status with inane day-to-day activities or if any of my posts had been repped or if anyone had replied to my trolling comment putting over Jeff Hardy on a CM Punk video.

Now I still love online interactions, but my grades have had a tendency to slip when I get carried away. I also tend to spend countless hours just doing nothing but reading and lurking too. Hiatuses can be very liberating.

So, what about you?
    Last edited by Cam Dog; 02-19-2012 at 09:48 AM.

Indy Talent

Status

Re: What are you giving up for Lent?

I'll probably be giving up coke and fizzy drinks in general, I drink far too many as it as and I know I'm going to get diabetes pretty soon so I'll be giving up that for Lent, going to pretty damn tough but it'll be worth it!

We Don't do Walking Away

Status

Nothing, God I love being Presbyterian.
    marshalldavid38.wordpress.com

Better than Perfect

Status

Yeah, two-hour services and communion only once a month FTW.

HOF Thing Is Fucking BS

Status

I'm giving up being awesome, as that is the only thing I do to an excess
    REPRESENTING THE ARGENTINA SINCE 16/05/2014THOSE

King Of WrestlingClique 2013
    KOWC 2014 Coming to a forum near you very soon.... I think... Ask Nicky

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Maybe it's the generation gap I have with people on some forums probably not here, I say this site has a great value of intelligent members in every section of the forum but a little frustrated let me tell you the story. As you know I'm apart of a shit load of forums and one of them seems to be in chaos. You have a Owner who barely is on the site these days, and only made one Global Moderator for the forum. It seems the chaos has gotten so bad members mostly younger members are using racist and gay slurs to their answers in debate. Legit I saw three threads where members put f***** and that's it. Yesterday I rage over these members I basically told them to stop that, it gives no value to what you're saying in a post. No one will take you seriously if you using such words just to say it. Shoot even the sb is a jungle full of chaos with the same situation. I came to the G-Mod and said hey you're in charge of this forum, you let shit go under the rug why did I say that? Well last week a member came into my LD for Impact and spoiled the whole show for most people. I went in the sb for the forum and said hey man this guy is fucking up the experience for people in the sb can you do something. He pretty much knew this member and told me he's done this before so I'm thinking it took me to say something for you to act? Also a month ago I had a problem with a member named Nero where randomly out of no where he puts racist pics of Hispanic doing crimes, eating Tacos etc! I was like one I never talked about this guy the purpose of this. Again this G-Mod knew about his antics as well as Puls3 the Admin. A month before this I told the Admin he was a problem putting down new members left and right. Thank God I screencaped his actions and he hasn't been there since. Okay now back to the Global Mod I took it twitter and told the guy straight up you don't act because you love the slurping of your dick from members. He's doesn't want to mend fences pretty much and besides setting up a league for the forum for WWE 2k14 he does nothing for the forum. Now I want to talk to Puls3 personally because his rules are being broken left and right and his staff in charge is doing nothing by joining in the fun. I have a plan to get two or three other staff members who I think will be fair and firm when needed should I talk to him. I know I'm taking it seriously but I love this forum like I love this forum and I don't want it to be spoiled like Milk you feel me? Also on twitter and on the forum a bunch of little kids came to box with me when I was speaking my mind and I told them grow some hair on your chest before talking to me lol

Spoiler:

GMT Admin

Status

Pancakes

I'll end up cutting something crappy from my diet like fizzy drinks or take aways that I could do any time I the year, but just seem to have more will power at this time of year. I tend to curb my bad habits like swearing as well.
    Last edited by Ed; 02-20-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Thank you Malcom

Status

I gave up the likes of Facebook a long time ago so no worry there. I will never cut out WC. Too dam addictive.

Not so much giving up but I want to make more of an effort to read like books and newspapers etc... I work in the 3D animation business so between that and this I spent most of my existence staring at a screen. Add my ipad and tv that's a lot of time. So more time spent reading books/papers etc...will be a good thing. Although I will probably just end up reading these things on my ipad lol.
    Shit.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Heel Champion

Status

Im gonna give up hookers and cocaine. Oh wait no im not..

We Don't do Walking Away

Status

[QUOTE=The Cam Rage;2103134945] Yeah, two-hour services and communion only once a month FTW. [/QUOTE}

Enjoy you're papal voodoo.

Calvinists FTW.
    marshalldavid38.wordpress.com

People's Champion

Status

I havent given anything up for lent in YEARS! Ill probably pick something up this year, like reading the book of Mormon or something.
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

Better than Perfect

Status

See you guys at Easter!

Status

Lets see so far this year I've given up: Fast Food, Sex, Drinking, and my Sanity. So I think I am good. BUT I might give up showering for Lent. Just to repulse those around me even more. LOL!

Thread Information