Thread: WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Divas Title Match - Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka

#pipebombshell

Status

WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Divas Title Match - Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka

A new threat to dominant Divas Champion Beth Phoenix has emerged, in the form of the ultra-intense challenger Tamina Snuka. Can "The Warrior Princess" dethrone The Glamazon when the two clash for the title at WWE Elimination Chamber?

Having plowed through the Divas division since winning the "Butterfly Championship" at WWE Hell in a Cell last October, Phoenix recently declared to WWE.com that she was bored with her lack of competition. In no uncertain terms, she stated that there are no legitimate contenders to her title and plans on being Divas Champion forever.

However, Tamina has apparently taken issue with The Glamazon’s bold pronouncements. The daughter of WWE Hall of Famer "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka has proven herself a tough and animalistic opponent, one that Beth has yet to best one-on-one in the squared circle – though the two dangerous Divas have certainly seen what the other can do in through tag team showdowns.

The fuse to their explosive pay-per-view showdown was lit on the Feb. 10 edition of SmackDown. After defeating an agile Alicia Fox, Phoenix prepared to inflict further harm on her conquered adversary. However, The Fabulous Firebird's assault was interrupted when Tamina’s music hit the speakers and the tenacious second-generation Diva stormed the ring.

Rather than attacking each other, their eyes locked in an intense stare down – each wearing a hint of a smile that seemed to indicate that they both welcomed the other's challenge. Whether it was a sign of mutual respect, enmity or amusement, that shared look foreshadowed a looming bout between the pair.

Beth Phoenix might have spoken too soon when she declared that there were no worthy rivals left for her in the Divas division. Tamina will bring not only her impressive size, strength and speed to the ring, but also a proven and impactful weapon – her father’s earth-shattering splash off the top rope.

When the powerhouse Divas Champion faces her most feral foe will she be able to continue her dominant run on top? Find out when WWE Elimination Chamber airs live on pay-per-view Sunday, Feb. 19, starting at 8 ET / 5 PT.

#BigBooty

Status

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Divas Title Match - Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka

I think the fact that this thread has been open a week and no one has posted it in sums up how little appeal this match has . Hopefully Beth takes it but I have a strange feeling WWE may try give the title to Tamina.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber 2012 - Divas Title Match - Beth Phoenix vs. Tamina Snuka

no way can Tamina get the title tonight, she has had no build-up as of recently plus Divas usually win it on the third or second go at the title.

Formally Flex

Status

At least we have a different opponent. Getting a bit fed up of Kelly and Eve. Although it's a shame Tamina is just a stepping stone for Beth to get to Mania against Kharma if she is back if not Natalya.

#BigBooty

Status

Quote Originally Posted by NoeleenPhoenix View Post
    no way can Tamina get the title tonight, she has had no build-up as of recently plus Divas usually win it on the third or second go at the title.
    Meh WWE don't care about this title though. They have been times where they just randomly given a diva the title (Eve & Alicia in recent years spring to mind).

Agreed with Flex about it being a change though. Much rather her than seeing Kelly or Eve again. I just hope Kharma comes back for Mania but I have doubts now and reckon her Rumble showing was a one off while she looks after her kid.

Formally Flex

Status

Beth will probably say she has gone through everyone and Natalya will turn face, giving hem both a feud going into Mania. I don't think Kharma will be back by Mania to be honest. If she was ready then she probably would have stayed after the Rumble but didnt.

#pipebombshell

Status

Can't see Nattie turning face with the current flatulence gimmick she has.

Either Beth/Kharma is a lock and this is a stepping stone, or this is build towards a re-match at WrestleMania 28 with the hope that re-branding Tamina as Tamina Snuka and turning her face, will play to people's nostalgic side and mean a Diva's match with an atmosphere at 'Mania.

Either way, I see Beth walking away with her title tonight.

Formally Flex

Status

Nat doesn't even need to turn face. They have been picking apart the division the past year together so makes sense for thm to butt heads at Mania. Of course if Kharma is available then THIS is the match they should go with. I don't see taming getting another ppv match this side of Mania, maybe a push after if she does well tonight.

#pipebombshell

Status

Personally, I think that if WWE gave a crap about booking, they'd have to turn Natalya for the match to work.

It's clear though that WWE do not care about booking the Divas at all, whether it be the matches themselves or the angles, whenever something looks to be doing well, they bury it. It's as if WWE want to prove that the women can't work like the men can. In the past few years they've had some great angles in the works that have truly got me interested in the division, only for the rug to be pulled a few weeks in and it go back to being girls who can't wrestle, besting those that can.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Status

I think it's basically guaranteed that Beth wins, while setting up a Kharma/Beth or Natalya/Beth match at Wrestlemania in some way.

Indy Talent

Status

Here's whom I think should win the Diva's Match; and I *don't* mean the Dragon<VBG>

Evil Admin.

Status

Unless she knows Doc Brown, it'll be a bit difficult to win a match that happened a couple of weeks ago.

Thread Information