Thread: Things worth a physical altercation

Status

Things worth a physical altercation

I am not a violent guy... There's some things I just won't tolerate though. Child molestors, wife beaters, severe disrespect or violence towards me or my loved ones. Those are the easy ones.

Most people are quick to run their mouths but slow to actually throw a punch. Some are quick to throw punches over some incidental or even non-existent slight... It's easy to say I would do this or that. But what have you ever actually FOUGHT for and felt like it was worth it when the fight was over?
    Spoiler:

Roll Tide...Because Charlie said so.

Better than Perfect

Status

Re: Things worth a physical altercation

Off the top of my head, home invasion. When you invade another person's home, where they live, where their family live, you accept responsibility in advance for whatever they may do to you. I'm also not a violent person, but I would beat the **** out of anyone who violates my home.

Once upon a time, even the Mafia forbade hitting a guy in his own house.

Fire and blood

Status

Things are worth fighting for, but short of self-defence (or the defence of someone in trouble), there is nothing worth physically fighting for, in my opinion. If someone raped my girlfriend, for example, I would be angry beyond description, but I wouldn't hunt the guy down and beat him up because: 1) I'm not a physically tough guy and 2) I don't believe in that. I don't think there is a place where an "eye-for-an-eye" attitude will ever solve anything (even though beating someone up isn't equivalent to rape by any means). Unless my life was in danger, or someone else was in danger and I could realistically do something about it, I would never react to assault someone physically no matter how much they hurt me. When it comes to a life or death scenario, it becomes a whole different matter.

I Am Not Your Daddy

Status

The closest I've come to violence in a long time was at a hockey game a couple years ago. There were about six of us there. My skinny loudmouth buddy was sitting at the other end from me, and he was chirping with a drunk fan of the other team sitting right in front of him. It seemed like good-natured trash talk but as we got up to leave, the guy turned around and slapped my buddy. My friend just started laughing, but I got down the isle and into the guys face in a heartbeat. We jawed at each other for a minute and then he walked, so nothing came of it. I reacted on instinct rather than any real conscious decision that I should defend my 150-pound friend from the 200-pound drunk redneck. I was completely sober, too. So I would have to say I would get into a physical altercation for my friends if the situation calls for it. Not something I look to do and thankfully my friends don't tend to get themselves into those situations often.

Family would be an even more automatic response.

Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.

Do you know me?

Status

First thing off the top of my head, is if anyone touches (violently or perversely) or disrespects my sister.

There's only a few others, but that's probably the biggest one.

ALWAYS BELIEVE

Status

I think it really just comes down to how much you will take, how much you will tolerate, and how much you are willing to endure to NOT have a physical confrontation. One thing I have learned over my life is that if you just let people push you around or harm you physically, what you in turn tell them is that not only can they get away with whatever it is they will do to you, but that you are okay with it to some extent. Otherwise, you wouldn't allow it, you would do something back and make them stop. It tells people that you don't care enough about yourself to even stand up for yourself, and when they get these messages it just serves as a signal to them to keep doing whatever it is they choose to do to you. With that in mind I do not seek out physical confrontation by any means, but if someone does physically threaten me(as in trying to attack me) there is no way I am going to sit there and take it. I am going to retaliate, and I am going to do so with very bad intentions. Luckily I don't have to do that often, people just leave me alone. I don't exactly look like the type of person you want to pick a fight with and that helps.

As for specific situations other than someone attacking you, there really isn't much to get into a physical confrontation over. No matter what it is, unless you have the opportunity as something is happening and the situation calls for it, you should never go looking for a fight, or to seek out revenge for someones wrong-doing to you. Even if someone is in your face flapping their jibbs at you, until they actually do something there is no reason to strike. Despite all the typing I do on here, when it comes to that kind of thing I am a man of few words. My sentiment is "Don't Talk About It, Be About It". If someone is in my face trying to get tough I'm going to lay it out plain and simple for them "Either shut your f*cking mouth, go sit down, and quit being a b*tch or do something and find out how big of a mistake you are making" I'm not going to waste my time talking **** back and forth with you, either nut up or shut up. I don't need to tell you how tough I am, I don't need to act tough, and I don't need to prove how tough I am to anyone. But, if you really want to find out and you've got the balls to try it, I will make you pay for it.

I've endured too much sh*t in my lifetime from the time I was a toddler all the way through high school to take anyone's ****, to be harassed, or to be physically threatened. I am a nice guy, I try to get along with everyone, but every now and then there comes along some little b*tch with a small mans complex who wants to show how tough they are by trying to take on the alpha. I don't like to hurt people, but I was trained in a number of way how to do just that with ease. Rather than do that and just go straight to inflicting the most damage possible as quick as possible, when someone takes a shot at me I just try to show them very quickly that this is a bad decision by restraining them and showing them that I have the upper hand. Generally after someone tries and immediately fails and you show them this mercy, they get the idea, and quit. Sometimes though there are those people who are too dumb for their own good and think they have something to prove and you have to put them down. I don't like it one bit, but sometimes it's what you have to do.

No Aunt Bethany...

Status

I haven't been physically violent with someone in over ten years. I'm no pacifist, but violence in my life has always hurt me more in the long run. However, there are a select handful of people and specific situations that would cause me to attack someone. I hope it never has to happen.

The Blocker

Status

I don't like to fight but I have a very short temp. and sometimes it takes alot to make me mad but then if you talk about my family or just anything personal I get that tunnel vison and can't stop my self.Luckly though i'm not very small so most people ignore me.

#PardewOut

Status

Everyone in the world just needs to chill the **** out.

I don't fight at all. Never have. Just walk away. It doesn't make you a pussy, it makes you smart.

There are some things I'd fight for obviously. But it would take a lot.

Fantrax Team: Keys of Ketamine
    Fantasy Basketball: Men Lie Women Lie Buckets Dnt
    Fantasy NFL Team: Everybody In The NFL Is On Roids

Spoiler:

Their is no excuse for taking one's opinions and thought and claiming them as your own.You know in my real life I was always thinking in the back of my head not to become a thug, a thug who is on the street corner selling Drugs and drinking Alcohol but this mistake is just as bad in my opinion.My Mother always told me when I was in School your not just representing yourself but you are representing me.She was say that to me every morning as I walked to the Bus Stop and right now those words are going to haunt me.Now from now one my posts in Wrestling Sections will be clearly be moderated and I don't blame DD or Jim in the future.I truely disappointed in myself and I'm truely sorry to DD especially since he purchased the VIP account for me, because I was bummed on the Divas Section being for only VIP.Crying like a little baby I was and I treated the VIP great until yesterday.I let you down...you told me to stay outta trouble and I made a mistake damnit! Now I'm ready for my fate and I will not contest banning of the Shoutbox..the Site or anything you two guys come up with.Hopefully I can get passed this mistake in time and truely make a positive mark on this forum.

Sincerly,

Jose Miguel DeJesus

A Paul Heyman Guy

Status

Firstly I have NEVER hit anyone. Never been in any kind of altercation. What can I say, I'm a nice guy. BUT..

If another man (I wouldn't lay a hand on another woman, I would jut make sure they were sent down for what they did) physically hurt my wife, parents, or sisters. I would beat the s**t out of them no questions asked. The level of the beating would depend on how bad he hurt them.

If another man KILLED a member of my family. I honestly can't comment on what I would do, because I don't know. Would I be capable of killing another man? Probably not but....My wife is severely disabled and if another man murdered her (as she can't defend herself in any way). Then yeah I reckon I could go to that place. I wouldn't care if I went down because he would have taken away my reason for living.

But this is getting rather morbid the above is highly unlikely to happen and like I say I'm a really nice guy and don't have any enemies.

Indy Talent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide View Post
    It's easy to say I would do this or that. But what have you ever actually FOUGHT for and felt like it was worth it when the fight was over?
    Been in ALOT (note: some of these were organized cage fights, more on that later) of fights over the years of being on this god forsaken earth. The reasoning's range from simply being called out to saving a good lad from dying when he got jumped by a large mob at a petrol station. With saying that I'll give a bit of info on myself, a bit of my beliefs on this subject, and a few examples of the situations I've been in.

About me: Born in a town southeast of Dublin called Bray moved stateside when I was 8. Father was an amateur boxer and began to train me in my early teens. Always instilled in me one basic principal when approaching a fight, always be sure of your target and never throw a punch unless your sure of the reasoning. Soon after I gained interest in learning some other fighting styles so I sought out a local sensei and began to take his BJJ class (earned my black belt later on), also gained some knowledge in Kickboxing and Muay Thai (varying degrees and a far lesser amount to my BJJ). Growing up I was always the lighter toned kid, the ginger, and the tallest kid so it lead to some 'bickering' but never thought anything of it til my freshmen year of high school. A fella that was senior came up, whilst in the common area, talking the same old **** to me but he took it a step further and threw a punch, that never landed, I did what was natural to me,defuse the situation, by applying pressure to his carotid artery he shortly thereafter passed out and I thought I had done what I had to do to bring the altercation to a 'somewhat' peaceful end. The principal thought differently and suspended me for a week. My next fight came a couple of months afterwards when I came into school and was approached by another upper class men that wanted a go at me in the park after school let out. I went on my own to the park later that day where he was waiting, what I didn't know is he brought 2 of his pals and they proceeded to try and jump me, it didn't work out so well for the 3 of them as they all went to the hospital and I went to juvy. After seeing the damage those 3 lads received I never got picked on in the slightest for the rest of high school.

Next incident came around about when I was 20. Was with a friend of mine in a no name local town, we stopped in to get petrol and while he was pumping the petrol, I hear the loudest of thuds as his head bounces off the pavement. I did what was natural and stepped out the car with the short bo staff I carried with me at all times and stepped around the car where 6 other guys were kicking and stomping on my friend, so I did what I could took out 3 of them and the other 3 ran off. I proceeded to drive to the nearest hospital, which was miles away, due to us being in the middle of nowhere. The docs had to do a number on him as his head was in a resemblance to hamburger and he had lost alot of blood, obviously.

Round about the age of 22 I was in a strip club with 2 other friends drinking and shooting the breeze, I was also visiting a girlfriend that was a stripper at the club, I was approached by two bouncers which asked me very rudely to leave. When I asked what was the reasoning they said because we asked you to do so now get going. I went outside and looked back only to see the smaller of the two throwing a punch in my direction. I then proceeded to break his jaw. The bigger of the two, I'd say he was 6-8 320 pounds easily then tried to step in, punches, kicks and holds were exchanged and 10 minutes or so later he was face down on the cement. I sat on the curb and waited for the cops and ambulance to show, and they did, took me to jail (1st of 2 felony assault charges), the two guys to the hospital.

That same year I was approached by a fight promoter in the next town over that had quarterly cage fights and he was looking for young talent. So I thought what the hell, long story short on this, I did this for 3 years until I was no longer physically able to compete at what I felt was 100%.

As I the years have passed I find myself in far less altercations and much more docile approach then I once had.

Reasoning for a justified altercation or a fight in my opinion.
    • Defending friends
    • Defending family
    • Defending property
    • Or if the situation is provoked (punches thrown, weapon drawn, etc.)
    As I said, I have become much more docile over the years, but I still believe strongly if the situation is severe the 'eye for an eye' rule does hold merit. I do realize, from reading above that at least on this message board I'm in the minority on that and that is all good by me.

So yea I've been in an absolute ****load of 'fistcuffs' and have alot of wounds and battle stories as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post
    Here's to hoping this goes Steve or Ed's way. Nash your a poofter and a Donald supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorbidTakerFan View Post

Tiger Woods v 1.0 was great but Tiger 2.0 is SHIT. That is all. Rory for Prez Fowler for Vice Prez and Luke Donald can suck my balls. MTF
    One of these days the clock will stop and time won't mean a thing.
    Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters
    I don't like to hit little bitches with glasses, but when midgets step up, I stomp midget asses

ITM

Status

Plenty of fights in Dublin city for sure. I'd say one of friends or myself is in some sort of scrap/scuffle at least every 2 or 3 months when we're out in town. And there is at least 1 or 2 full on fights. Maybe it's just the Irish nature but I find there are a lot of 'harmless' fights. Couple of drinks, couple of punches, no grudge.

Personally I've only been involved in a few scuffles but have never started any, not in my opinion anyway. I've been punched a bit and I've hit a few people but as far as actual fights/scuffles (classifying this as more than a one-punch situation) I say maybe 3. Never any reason except self-defense and defending friends.

Another thing, has anybody else found that people that actually train in some sort of self-defense stuff often come out on the worse end in a fight?

Thread Information