Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE 2008: New Heights, An EC Publication

oG $wank

Status

WWE 2008: New Heights, An EC Publication

Well, I’m back in the game and I’m now going to be turning my attention away from my famous TNA booking and looking at WWE for a while, focusing on 2008, right after The 24th Annual WrestleMania. I saw the PPV as a success. I know it was only four years ago, but I remember watching the event and thinking what a success it was. It was the resulting aftermath I wasn’t a huge fan of. I won’t tell you what exactly I was disappointed in. I’d rather show you through my booking. So with that said, here are the results for WrestleMania XXIV, and the backstory that follows.

WWE WrestleMania XXIV
    Live from The Citrus Bowl in Miami, Florida
    March 30th, 2008

D A R K - M A T C H

25-Man Inter-promotional Battle Royal
    Winner Receives ECW Title Shot Later Tonight

Kane defeated Elijah Burke, Trevor Murdoch, Val Venis, Deuce, Domino, Mark Henry, Jim Duggan, Hardcore Holly, Tommy Dreamer, Jesse, Festus, Brian Kendrick, The Great Khali, Jimmy Wang Yang, Cody Rhodes, Lance Murdoch, The Miz, Kofi Kingston, Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble and Chuck Palumbo

M A I N - C A R D

Belfast Brawl
    JBL d Finlay via pin-fall @ 8:35

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
    CM Punk d Shelton Benjamin, Ken Kennedy, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, MVP, and Carlito via retrieval @ 13:55

Brand Warfare Match
    Batista (Smackdown) d Umaga (Raw) via pin-fall @ 7:06

ECW Championship Match
    Kane d Chavo Guerrero © via pin-fall @ 0:08

Career Threatening Match
    Shawn Michaels d Ric Flair via pin-fall @ 20:23

Bunnymania Lumberjill Match

Melina and Beth Phoenix d Ashley and Maria via pin-fall @ 5:56

WWE Championship Match
    Randy Orton © d Triple H and John Cena via pin-fall @ 14:09

No DQ Match
    Floyd Mayweather d Big Show via knock out @ 11:36

WWE World Title Match / Streak Match
    Undertaker d Edge © via submission @ 23:50
    As WrestleMania XXIV disappeared, with The Undertaker advancing to 16-0, Vince McMahon was pleased. The past couple of months had drawn in the attention of dozens of sports sites, channels, and new peddlers who turned their sights to WWE for once, to cover Floyd Mayweather’s excursion to WWE. The media attention was great, but McMahon also knew the gate revenue was great, and was expecting a comparably great PPV buy-rate.

McMahon knew he succeeded, 24 years later, and McMahon was still succeeding. What he envisioned all those years ago was unfolding in front of him and now he knew the only way was up. He had some ideas. Some ideas on how to get WWE up to even higher grounds. Vinnie Mac never liked to compare himself to real sports organizations but the vision Vince McMahon had for his promotion went beyond being the number one sports entertainment company, he wanted WWE’s success to be synonymous with that of the NBA, MLB, NFL, and NHL.

The fact of the matter was, Vince was beginning to lose some of the more passionate fans who found truly competitive sports more appealing. These fans were now ignoring WWE PPV opportunities to watch some football in the evening, and passing over Raw, Smackdown, and ECW in favor of some unpredictable basketball action or America’s favorite pass time, baseball. The product was becoming more and more predictable as months passed, but it was out of Vince’s hands. He was so focused on marketing his company, he left power in the writers’ hands, and it seemed like the only match they knew how to write featured a win for Cena, Orton, or Batista. That’s not to say Vince had it out for any of these three, but McMahon recognized the lack of diversity in the results, and at the least, wanted to make sure others were getting their fair shot.

Vince McMahon, days before WrestleMania, made the decision to cancel ECW’s contract with Sci-Fi, in order to get the talent from that secondary show, and let them be made into something on the big two shows. At the same time, it allowed for less of a force-feeding of the product to the masses. You had more of a desire to catch either Raw or Smackdown because there wasn’t a third show to fall back on now. This would also allow writers to pay plenty of attention to the major shows and add diversity to their booking. Superstars from ECW would therefore be absorbed into the Smackdown or Raw rosters, but this also meant some firings were in order.

Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, The Great Khali, Chuck Palumbo, Jim Duggan, Jillian Hall, Eve Torres, Snitsky, Super Crazy, prospect Atlas DaBone, The Highlanders, Paul Lodnon, Stevie Richards, Katie-Lea Burchill, and Val Venis were all released from their contracts, with Jesse and Festus also being demoted back down to development for further training.

WWE posted this press release late in the night following WrestleMania and then announced a realignment of the roster, and the entire WWE charter, which is to follow:

The EC: Good for Business.

=======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~

oG $wank

Status

Re: WWE 2008: New Heights, An EC Publication

W O R L D - W R E S T L I N G - E N T E R T A I N M E N T

Owner: Vince McMahon
    Homebase: Stamford, Connecticut
    Founded: 1952
    Product:
    Sports Entertainment

M O N D A Y - N I G H T - R A W
    Live on USA Network @ 9E/8C

Chairman:
    Vince McMahon

General Manager:
    William Regal
    Announce Team: Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler
    Ring Announcer(s): Lillian Garcia and Justin Roberts
    Interviewer(s):
    Matt Striker and Todd Grisham

Randy Orton | WWE Champion
    Chris Jericho | Intercontinental Champion
    Hardcore Holly | WWE Tag Team Champion

Cody Rhodes | WWE Tag Team Champion
    CM Punk | MITB Holder
    Big Show
    Brian Kendrick
    Carlito
    Charlie Haas
    Colin Delaney
    DH Smith
    Jeff Hardy
    John Bradshaw Layfield
    John Cena
    Kayo Hero
    Ken Kennedy
    Lance Cade
    Paul Burchill
    Santino Marella
    Shawn Michaels
    Tommy Dreamer
    Trevor Murdoch
    Triple H
    Umaga

Beth Phoenix | Women’s Champion
    Ashley
    Melina
    Mickie James
    Victoria

Armando Alejandro Estrada - Manager of Umaga
    Maria Kanellis - Manager of Santino Marella
    Ric Flair - Manager of Kayo Hero

F R I D A Y - N I G H T - S M A C K D O W N
    Broadcast on The CW Network @ 8E/7C

Chairman: Vince McMahon
    General Manager: Vickie Guerrero
    Assistant GM: Theodore Long
    Announce Team: Michael Cole and Mick Foley
    Ring Announcer(s): Tony Chimel and Justin Roberts
    Interviewer(s): Josh Matthews and Matt Striker

The Undertaker | World Champion
    MVP | United States Champion
    The Miz | WWE Tag Team Champion
    John Morrison | WWE Tag Team Champion
    Kane | ECW Champion
    Balls Mahoney
    Batista
    Big Daddy V
    Chavo Guerrero
    Curt Hawkins
    Deuce
    Domino
    Edge
    Elijah Burke
    Fit Finlay
    Kofi Kingston
    Mark Henry
    Matt Hardy
    Mike Knox
    Rey Mysterio
    Shelton Benjamin
    Vladimir Kozlov
    Zack Ryder

Kelly Kelly
    Layla El
    Michelle McCool

Cherry - Valet of Deuce n’ Domino
    Vickie Guerrero - Also Manager of Edge and Chavo Guerrero
    Bam Neely - Chavo Guerrero's Bodyguard
    Nikolai Volkoff - Manager of Vladimir Kozlov

A R C H I V E S

Last Major Event:
    WrestleMania XXIV / Citrus Bowl, Miami, FL / March 30th, 2008
    Next Major Event: Backlash 2008 / KeyArena, Seattle, WA / April 28th, 2008

Past Raw Events:
    TBA

Past Smackdown Events: TBA

BTB Title Histories:
    Spoiler:

WWE Championship
    Reign #1
    Randy Orton
    defeated: Triple H (10/7/07)
    defeated by: None (00/0/00)

World Championship
    Reign #1
    The Undertaker
    defeated: Edge (3/30/08)

Intercontinental Championship
    Reign #1
    Chris Jericho
    defeated: Jeff Hardy (3/10/08)

United States Championship
    Reign #1
    MVP
    defeated: Chris Benoit (5/20/07)

WWE Tag Team Championship
    Reign #1
    John Morrison and The Miz
    defeated: Matt Hardy and MVP (11/13/07)

World Tag Team Championship
    Reign #1
    Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes
    defeated: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch (12/10/07)
    defeated by: None (00/0/00}

Women's Championship
    Reign #1
    Beth Phoenix
    defeated: Candice Michelle (10/7/07)
    Last edited by The EC; 02-19-2012 at 04:25 AM.

~~||*

Heel Champion

Status

One of my favorite years, WrestleMania 24 was the real deal in terms of entertainment, and also I liked it, it was probably the last greatest WrestleMania in recent years, and good job on choosing 2008 to do the project, so I'll be reading this. Nice layout also.
    Last edited by BackBone; 02-06-2012 at 02:45 AM.

oG $wank

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    One of my favourite years, WrestleMania 24 was the real deal in terms of entertainment, and also I liked it, it was porbably the last greatest WrestleMania in recent years, and good job on choosing 2008 to do the project, so I'll be reading this. Nice layout also.
    I feel the same way. Thanks for the immediate feedback, and I plan on beefing up the lay-out with some graphics down the line, but that'll be later...

~~||*

Killing It.

Status

Great to have you back sir, I'v always thought about doing a WWE 08 BTB glad you're doing one now! Excited to see where you go with it! I'm sad that Shannon Moore & Jimmy Wang Yang are gone though, they were a great team back then. I'm also saddened by the departure of Paul London but honestly I don't know what there would've been for him to do.... Good luck!

GMT Admin

Status

And another great of the BTB section returns!

Good look with this project man, I'll be looking out for it.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​

LUCHALUCHALUCHALUCHALUCHA

Ed's Favourite Threads

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

Really looking forward to this. As Ed knows I was considering doing a 2008 project recently before I decided upon something else, so I'm curious to see where you're going with this. It was almost necessary to cancel ECW, I don't blame you one bit.Can't wait for this EC, good luck!

Sir. I Did A Cougar

Status

Looks great.
    Definetly going to beat me every month; but i accept a better product
    MILLAR HAS RETURNED TO BE THE BOOKER!

People's Champion

Status

I like the idea of cancelling ECW, it was bad and yeah, following storylines after that, WWE had CM Punk and Kane teaming. Who know what the hell that was about? It was messed up, as if WWE storywriters thought the ECW title as something high enough for Punk to even cash in on him, turning heel in the process.

Anyways, I like that you returned, I enjoy your past work, good luck with it!

Heel Champion

Status

Look forward to your first show and how you change the way WWE went after WM24

oG $wank

Status

W W E - I N T E R N E T - P R E S S - R E L E A S E
    March 31st, 2008
    Historic is just one of many possible words that spectators could potentially use to describe the events of WrestleMania XXIV, live from The Citrus Bowl. With marquee matches featuring high end boxing megastar Floyd Mayweather, the World’s Largest Athlete Big Show, the Phenom and yet undefeated Undertaker, and The Rated R Superstar, Edge, this WrestleMania fell short of no one’s expectations.

Some say a show stealer was Randy Orton’s shocking and off the wall defeat of his arch nemesis Triple H and long-running rival John Cena to retain his WWE title, and walk out of Orlando still capable of calling himself the very best on Raw, and arguably, in the WWE! The Age of Orton proved to be in full effect when Orton scored the decisive pin-fall and the match left no question as to who was the best. Yet this begs the question, who’s next? Who in the world can possibly be the next opponent for Randy Orton as the World Wrestling Entertainment rolls into Seattle at Backlash.

Without a doubt this question will be answered on tonight’s episode of Raw, an episode on which Orton has already promised to make an address, and where there’s potential for blockbuster match-ups, you know the recently named General Manager, William Regal, will be nearby.

And, as long as we’re talking about championship gold, it was announced to the live fans in Orlando that the World Tag Titles would be on the line on tonight’s episode of Raw. Though Rhodes and Holly each were unsuccessful in fulfilling a dream by winning the 25-man Battle Royal and getting a shot at the Latino Warrior, Chavo Guerrero, that doesn’t detract from the fact that these two battle tested superstars are still the World Tag Team Champions! And with that in mind the young stallion and the cagey veteran will have the honor of doing battle with the legacy, DH Smith, and his brand new tag team partner and life long friend, Tyson Kidd who will be debuting in tag team action with his pal. Kidd was brought up around the Hart family and trained in the Dungeon, much like past greats inside the Hart family, and outside. Men like Brian Pillman, Chris Jericho, and Lance Storm have been brought up through the late great Stu’s system and Kidd certainly doesn’t lack the skill shared by all these men.

And, in less inspirational news, last night we saw the career of THE greatest wrestler to ever lace up the boots come to an end, when Shawn Michaels ended the career of Ric Flair, regretfully. On Raw, Shawn Michaels will be holding a tribute of sorts to The Nature Boy, in a backstage soirée, with the entire roster invited to celebrate the career of the 16-time World Champion.

All this and more tonight on Monday Night Raw!
    Last edited by The EC; 02-16-2012 at 02:00 AM.

~~||*

oG $wank

Status

March 31st, 2008
    News out of WWE corporate offices indicate that WWE have officially re-signed former talent Don Muraco, and assigned him to the position of Secondary Vice President of Booking in the corporate offices where he will back up Stephanie McMahon in making decisions regarding new angles, storylines, and the alignment of superstars. Vince McMahon remarks that “Don Muraco was a great character in his heyday. It was decided in weeks leading up to WrestleMania by the board of directors and myself that the best way to yield more interesting storylines and more satisfying angles for our superstars was to get more people experienced in the ring and on the mic working backstage. Since [Don] was in charge of his own gimmick in the 90’s, and I loved it, I consider him one of the most suitable men to be helping current superstars with their gimmicks!”

WWE held a press conference on short notice in Orlando, Florida this afternoon and the new right hand man of Stephanie McMahon has the following to say about his position, “I spent a lot of time thinking of new, crazy ways to captivate the audience. Some people tell me it’s about my brawn, but I believe I was able to make a character for myself worth buying a ticket to see, and since I was one of the top guys that Vince looked to for this role, I jumped on board so that I can take things in a more dynamic direction.”

Also at the press conference, a landmark announcement was made by Vince McMahon who made the pronouncement that Reid Hoffman, Chairman and President of the popular social networking site LinkedIn, has bought into the company, now owning 20% of the shares, 9% of these shares were those of Vince McMahon who now owns exactly 50% of the shares in the company, with his daughter Stephanie McMahon still own 15% of the company. Vince said that he made the decision to sell parts of his stock to Hoffman, knowing that he was a smart entrepreneur and would enhance WWE’s internet presence substantially. Now that Hoffman has a stake in the company, he has announced his intentions to “revamp the online WWE website” and “branch WWE’s connections out, so that whenever the common person logs onto his or her favorite website, like Facebook, LinkedIn, or StumbleUpon, they could very well stumble onto some WWE information, and be more motivated to check out the product!” Hoffman and McMahon also told reporters that WWE would see a new dawn in terms of marketing and sponsors, stating that they would be starting a crusade that would “integrate WWE’s media in with that of other major entertainment ventures, including everything from social media sharing to MTV projects to combat sports, including Strikeforce MMA and Arena Football, or other unique sports entertainment brands with potential.”

These arousing announcements were made today at 3PM EST, just five hours before the live broadcast of tonight’s Raw, the first one since WrestleMania last night.
    Last edited by The EC; 02-14-2012 at 12:27 AM.

~~||*

Heel Champion

Status

Can't wait for Raw man, intrigued to see what you can do with such short rosters, I just went over your roster you left some guys that I thought would have made the cut however it could play to benefit, because most of the guys/girls you left out were fillers.

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

I'm really interested to see where you bring the company with regards to social media since it appears that's going to be at least part of the project. Raw is really interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle the Hart Dynasty moving forward.

oG $wank

Status

W W E - M O N D A Y - N I G H T - R A W
    Live from Hampton Convocation Center in Hampton, Virginia
    March 31st, 2008
    New opening credits flash on the screen as this Raw commences. It features updated clips which involve clashes between Triple H and John Cena, Chris Jericho and Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton and his multiple title defenses as well as other top stars being highlighted throughout. The video promo wraps up with the image left engraved in all our minds after the 24th Anniversary of WrestleMania, Shawn Michaels drilling Ric Flair with some Sweet Chin Music in slow motion on one side of the screen while Randy Orton hoists his title up in a clashing clip. We burst into Hampton University’s Basketball facilities, the Hampton Convocation Center, and we are welcomed into the event by Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross.

After some of their ordinary chit chat, the theme music of The Legend Killer and the reigning WWE Champion, Randy Orton hit’s the speakers in the packed Virginia arena and this causes half the populous to jump to their feet in enthusiasm, while the other half are very indifferent towards the second generation superstar. On cue, the slithery champion comes waltzing out from the backstage area of the arena with a big grin on his face. Not for the fans, not for the occasion, but likely only for his success and the fact that he is still on Raw, calling himself champion. He struts to the ring at a mild pace and makes sure he takes extra long to enter the ring so that JR and Lawler can wrap up their banter regarding last night’s triple threat.

Taking a microphone, Orton sighs. He takes another deep breath and then looks around the arena for a little bit longer, waiting for the raucous fans to settle. Once they are hushed down, he takes the microphone to his mouth very seriously and simply utters the two words, “I’m sorry”. The fans go quiet pretty quickly in response to this declaration and Orton follows up rhythmically on his words and tells the audience that he’s neglected them for too long. He says that when all the cards were down and the bets were off, he was in trouble. But when he heard the crowd light up at WrestleMania, whether or not it was in support of him, he underwent a resurgence and pulled through the match because he understood that the fans were on the edge of their seat, and for some unexplainable reason, he wanted to give them the show of a lifetime, and he believes he did that!

The fans now turn substantially in his favor as he grins, making sure to show off his shiny WWE title for the viewers. He then decrees that his win over John Cena and Triple H last night wasn’t just a win for him, but a win for the WWE Universe and another step towards a better tomorrow, thanks to The Orton Era! But before he can continue his crowd-rallying speech, his momentum is killed with the opening verse of “The Game”. The crowd once again splits into mixed reactions as Orton whips his attention towards the entrance ramp. Triple H, bruised and bandaged around his ribs comes staggering out, confidently, but sincerely injured. He makes his way to ringside and doesn’t bother with his signature water taunt. He tosses the bottle into the audience and hops up to the apron, and makes his way hastily into the ring.

He wastes no time grabbing a microphone, and giving no one any time to react, he growls at Orton to shut his pathetic little pretty boy mouth. The tide against The Game then changes in opposition to him as quickly as it had turned in favor of Orton earlier. With a plethora of boos, the audience lets their opinions be known. The street-dressed Triple H sneers at them before he proceeds to stab at Orton, telling him that five years later and he’s still the best ass kisser in the business! The fans ‘oooooh’ at the cold remark and Triple H explains his proclamation, saying that five years back, Orton brownnosed into Evolution and not too long after began kissing ass to the top of the food chain. All the way to the World title! And now, he’s realizing that he’s running out of steam, the end of his reign at the top of the mountain is on the horizon so he’s going to kiss ass to delay the inevitable.

“It’s a shame”, Triple H states “that ‘The Legend Killer’, the mighty Randy Orton who had slain the likes of Mick Foley turned out the way he has. It’s an embarrassment to the business and a disgrace to the once-great Orton family name Triple H begins to give Randy a lesson on how his father, Bob Orton, would have handled himself but Orton callously stops him mid-sentence and asks Triple H what he’s out here to do.

To get a new title shot? Orton dismisses such a ridiculous possibility, one like Triple H getting a title shot. Orton reminds Triple H that not only did he defeat Triple H for the title that he’s holding several months back at No Mercy, but he’s also giving him more than a generous amount of title shots. Orton then tells Hunter that it’s really simple. That “When you’ve got it, you’ve got it. And when you don’t, you give up!”. Things eventually break down and the two get into a face-to-face argument off the microphone before the imperial tones of the theme music of the General Manager of Raw, William Regal hit the speakers. Regal enters and tells the two men to untangle their panties. Regal makes short business of the situation, very solemnly stating that Orton has defended his title against all capable challengers at the top of the card. From Jericho to Michaels to Cena to Triple H, he’s defeated them all, so the only way to breed a new contender for his title is to resort to one of WWE’s oldest methods of crowning a new number one contender. And now, in honor of his REGAL reign as General Manager, Raw would be holding a 16-man King of the Ring tournament, with the finals occurring at Backlash!

Regal announces that he was plotting the bracket backstage since before the show went on the air, and precedes to announce the first four matches of the first round that will happen tonight: Triple H vs. Colin Delaney, JBL vs. Tommy Dreamer, Ken Kennedy vs. Paul Burchill, and the match that will happen right up next, Jeff Hardy vs. Brian Kendrick! He tells Orton, Triple H, and the fans that the remaining four matches in the inaugural round of the tournament will occur next week on Raw, and a full bracket will be announced later on tonight! He wishes Triple H the best of luck in his tournament match (at which Triple H chuckles sarcastically) and then stops mid-leaving to turn around and tell Orton that tonight, he’ll face The Samoan Savage, Umaga, in the main event contest! Fade to commercial.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    I N - T H E - B A C K: We come upon a celebration going down backstage. Superstars and some notable alumni like Roddy Piper, Arn Anderson, and Ricky Steamboat also enjoy the festivities. Groups of people talk but the camera focuses in on The Heartbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels as he looks around as the shindig he has put together. He drinks from a red plastic cup and is soon approached by Y2J, Chris Jericho. Jericho tells Shawn it’s a great little party, but he has to wonder just how sincere HBK’s pity is for Ric Flair.

Michaels laughs, trying to ignore Jericho’s doubt and then points to the banner behind him which says “Goodbye Nature Boy!”. Shawn assured Chris that this party is all for Flair, and when Ric arrives later tonight to say goodbye to all the superstars, he can bet that Michaels will show nothing but respect for him! Jericho says that may be, but he knows that deep down Shawn Michaels can be as callous as anyone in the back. Y2J reminds Michaels that he watched wrestling in 90’s and he saw him and Diesel, being two of the most selfish, arrogant, on the edge dudes in all of wrestling. Shawn reiterates that he’s no looking for any issues tonight. Tonight’s a night dedicated to Ric Flair and he doesn’t want any problems.

Just then “I might be interested in a little trouble” is heard from off-screen as the new Money in the Bank holder, CM Punk comes waltzing up with a smirk. Punk says that Jericho loves to instigate things, he enjoys a good squabble, and Punk can relate to that. So he’s got a proposition for Jericho, and that’s a match in the squared circle, TONIGHT! The fans light up as The Straight Edge Icon looks on waiting for a response from Jericho who chuckles lightly at the display of valor by the Second City Saint.

Jericho stares Punk right in the eyes, stating “I am The Savior, Punk! I made my second coming to the WWE because I felt it was time for a change. A lot of people call you a breath of fresh air, but I didn’t word for guys like you. Poser. Phony. Fraud. You’re just a kid too lazy and too fallacious to invent his own persona so he takes element from guys like Steve Austin, Edge, and DDP and then you add in your particular brand of punk rock douchebaggery and viola, you’ve got this sad falsehood of a gimmick that you’ve milked to get yourself this far. Well, consider the challenge accepted Punk, and when I beat you tonight, and you’re damn right I will, you can go back to you politician-heavy, loudmouth, longwinded city of Chicago, Illinois and continue to root on failing sports franchises and pizza that will never compare to New York City’s

Punk stares into Jericho’s eyes for a really long time, for the first time in his career, perhaps silenced and left with no response. That’s when Smackdown’s Shelton Benjamin comes trotting into frame. He plops his arm over CM Punk’s shoulder and looks at Jericho with a smile. He tells the two that last night, there was a clear winner. And it’s not the guy with the briefcase. It’s the Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin who stole the show! So since he’s on Smackdown for one night only to celebrate the departure of Ric Flair, he suggest that the three of them give them a match worth talking about. A triple threat match. And he also suggests that Punk puts the MITB briefcase up for grabs if he’s really feeling in the mood for a fight.

Punk pushes Benjamin’s arm off of him and looks at him. He turns to Jericho and then turns to Michaels who is waiting for a response. Punk sighs and tells Benjamin that he’s on. He shoves Jericho lightly and says he’ll see him in the ring too.

King of the Ring Tournament, First Round Match
    J E F F - H A R D Y vs. B R I A N - K E N D R I C K

This was by no means a true display of either of these mens’ skills but it was enough high paced action to subdue the rowdy college fans. Hardy hit a surfeit of signature moves, including the Whisper in the Wind and Vertical Corner Dropkick and topped it off with a Swanton Bomb but Kendrick scored a miraculous kick out. He continued to fight for a moment but Hardy caught Kendrick while he was setting up for the Sliced Bread #2, and spun him around for a Twist of Fate and a win!

Winner: Jeff Hardy via pin-fall @ 8:36
    P O S T - M A T C H: Jeff Hardy helps Brian Kendrick up and the two faces shake hands in the ring and hold up each other’s hands for the fans to cheer at. Jeff pats Brian on the back as Kendrick heads out of the ring. Jeff stays back to do some more crowd-playing, jumping to the middle rope and throwing up his signature guns to the crowd’s amusement. He then hops down and looks up to the titantron which now displays the full King of the Ring tournament bracket.

Hardy nods in recognition that his next challenge will be either Colin Delaney or Triple H. And one has to assume he knew it was Triple H based off of the slight amount of concern he displayed at seeing this. It’s not like he’s concerned about Colin Delaney. At all.

I N - T H E - B A C K: We’re back at Shawn Michaels’ shindig in honor of the retirement of Ric Flair. We see Carlito back there, hitting on Mickie James. Mickie does a small amount of flirting back and then heads off as Todd Grisham approaches him. Todd shoots him a few questions regarding his match against DH Smith next week. Carlito surprisingly delivers a respectful promo, articulating that he respects DH Smith’s abilities, but as far as this King of the Ring tournament goes, Carlito is pouring his entire being into it and will train like hell for the next week in preparation for his match against not only Smith, but whoever else lies in his wake on his way to the top and on the way to his first ever WWE title shot.

Carlito then grins and delivers in a subtle coolness that WWE fans are about to see what he’s truly capable of, and that if they’re putting down bets, they ought to “Bet On Cool!”. Carlito struts off as the camera pans over to find the party’s organizer, Shawn Michaels on the phone. He answers whoever is on the other end, and then hangs up. He turns around and simply says, “he’s coming…”

Michaels heads out of the party sector and into the main corridor as we fade to a commercial.
    =================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    K E N - K E N N E D Y vs. P A U L - B U R C H I L L

Lawler hyped Kennedy’s impact in the Money in the Bank ladder match and despite his heel status, both of the commentators admitted he’d become a big force in the company, one way or another. He proved this with a shutout win against The Ripper. After laying him out with standing Green Bay Plunge, Kennedy stalked Burchill and then drilled him with his formerly signature roundhouse kick which was hyped as more of a primary finisher in this instance, knocking out the large man instantly, and leading to a three count.

Winner: Ken Kennedy via pin-fall @ 5:48
    ]P O S T - M A T C H: The Egomaniac Mr. Kennedy precedes to rub the fans’ nose in his win. Kennedy slides out of the ring and sees a fan jeering him with a beer in his hand. Kennedy slaps the brew out of his hand and laughs in his face before returning up the ramp from which he once had come. In the ring, Burchill pounds his fist on the ring in anger an frustration. Meanwhile, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler hype the next bout, a tag title match featuring DH Smith and his debuting partner, Tyson Kidd, meeting the World Tag Team Champions, Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly with the gold on the line. Fade to commercial.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================

World Tag Title Match
    H O L L Y and R H O D E S © vs. T H E - H A R T - D Y N A S T Y

Tyson Kidd debuted in this match and to highlight Kidd’s athletic ability, he mostly tangled with Cody. Holly got in on a hot tag and was able to drill Kidd with an Alabama Slam. DH Smith hit a running powerslam immediately afterwards but Rhodes drilled an inverted DDT and allowed for Hardcore Holly to make the cover and get the victory.

Winners: Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly via pin-fall @ 10:25

P O S T - M A T C H: Holly and Rhodes hold their titles up high above their heads as The Hart Dynasty tries to regroup outside. The commentators assure the fans we haven’t yet seen the last of “The Pink and Black Avalanche” Tyson Kidd. Kidd holds his hand in the air to thank the fans for their quick support, but that’s when we have to cut the back…

Cameras quickly pick up on a battle going down backstage. As things clear up, it’s apparent that Mickie James is now mounted on top of Victoria as Beth Phoenix tries to drag her off. William Regal runs up on the scene and pushes Beth away. He drags Mickie off and puts her off to the side, but she comes back at Victoria with an elbow, knocking Victoria back down into some palettes. Regal backs Mickie up and asks her what she thinks she doing. Mickie responds quickly that Phoenix and Victoria came from nowhere and tried to jump her so she started swinging. Regal asks Phoenix if this is true but she begins to walk off, feeling like she doesn’t need to explain herself.

Regal shouts out at here that she can’t ignore him. She continues to pace away so he yells to her that she had better bring her wrestling gear to Louisville next week, because she’s teaming with Victoria against Mickie and a surprise opponent. AND if she loses, it’ll be a triple threat match at Backlash for the Women’s title! Phoenix turns around and exclaims that she’s not afraid. She says to Mickie that she’ll be seeing her next week! She then calls to Victoria to follow her, and she obliges.

E L S E W H E R E: Backstage, we see a long stretch limo pull up in the parking lot where Shawn Michaels stands in anticipation for Ric Flair. The door opens and out comes the man, the myth, the legend, Ric Flair himself. Michaels walks up to him and gives him a big hug. Michaels says he’s looking great and tells him that he needs to express to Flair that it was a great honor to be his final opponent. Before he goes on, Ric Flair cuts him off and tells HBK there’s no hard feelings and that there’s no one he would have rather gone out against than him! He tells Shawn that tonight’s not a night for tough emotions and heartache, it’s a night that’s all about living up life while we got it. He then tells Michaels that tonight, he’s going to waltz out to the ring and address the WWE Universe, and he’s got a shocker in store, but first and foremost, he’s going to go style, and profile, and party it up with the rest of the roster. “WHOO!”

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    We return to the ringside area where Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are running over the happenings of tonight, and hype the upcoming triple threat match between CM Punk, Chris Jericho, and Smackdown’s own Shelton Benjamin, with the Money in the Bank briefcase on the line! Just then we pan to the inside of the ring where JBL has already made his entrance and is waiting for his opponent, the Extreme Legend, Tommy Dreamer. But first, JBL grabs a microphone and shuts up the fans. JBL begins a speech with opening line “Tommy Dreamer! You and I have a checkered past, I don’t like you or what you stand for, and tonight, we’re not in a bingo hall in Philadelphia! We’re not in an opera house in New York! We’re on the campus of a prestigious college in a southern state. Education, prestige, southern toughness… I know these elements are very foreign to a city slicker behemoth like yourself, but you’re playing ball on my court tonight son, and you’re gonna get hurt. JBL then tries to orchestrate a “J-B-L!” chant but they instead begin an “E-C-W” chant as Dreamer makes his entrance with a kendo stick.

J B L vs. T O M M Y - D R E A M E R

JBL convinces the referee to force Dreamer to release his weapon and while he’s tossing it out of the ring, JBL leaps on top of him and the rich Texas tycoon would steer the direction of the match from then on, clubbing Dreamer and using underhanded tactic to dictate the course of the match. Dreamer showed little ability to fight back and JBL mercifully ended the match for Dreamer after almost 10 minutes of futile attempts at a comeback, nailing a clothesline from hell for a pin, which JBL executed by placing one foot on Dreamer’s chest and posing a little bit like Captain Morgan.

Winner: JBL via pin-fall @ 9:42

P O S T - M A T C H: JBL laughs at Dreamer’s pain as he winces in pain on the mat. JBL tried to restart the “J-B-L!” chants but the fans again reject it and turn it back into “E-C-W!” once again. In anger, JBL lifts Dreamer, rips his shirt open and delivers a series of stinging chops to his exposed chest as the hardcore legend falls down to the canvas. JBL smiles, laughing at his success, before pulling out a box from his hoody which he wears to the ring. He opens it and takes out a cigar. With a box of matches, he approaches Dreamer and strikes a match off his boot, lighting his cigar and puffing on it like a true fat cat.

He starts to head to the back, cigar in tow, puffing and blowing the thick smog into the face of the fans until all the sudden, the fans begin to cheer. JBL turns around to see Dreamer standing back on his feet, leaning on the ropes. JBL laughs at his attempt to be a hero, then all of the sudden, Dreamer throws JBL the middle finger which is hurriedly blurred out. Layfield’s amusement turns into anger and he paces back towards the ring. Dreamer prepares for a scuffle but is in no shape, as JBL makes quick work of drilling him with a running big boot off of a missed clothesline. Layfield then takes his still lit cigar and smokes on it a little more, sucking it to a bud before explicitly jamming it down onto Dreamer’s chest skin and putting out the cigar on his bare flesh. The fans boo and JBL makes his final exit as Dreamer lays broken in the ring.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    B A C K S T A G E - A G A I N: We find that The Nature Boy has made himself comfortable, lounging back on a sofa with Kelly Kelly, Layla El, and Maryse strewn around him. Maryse however is getting the least amount of attention and seems jealous and so she tries to one up Kelly and Layla. Without going into a lot of detail… Flair aggs thing on and encourages a chick fight, however he is pulled from his comfort when Ken Kennedy, who just got changed back into his normal clothes after his win moments ago, comes and stands in front of Flair. Flair gets up and stares the brash young superstar dead in his eyes. Mr. Kennedy’s attempts to retire Flair weeks before WrestleMania checker the past of these two, but after a really long, tense stare down, Mr. Kennedy extends his hand, and Ric shakes it. Ken tells Ric Flair that even though the two never got along, he was one of the men who inspired him as a kid and he respects him, not only because he’s a great human being but also because he’s a great wrestler. Flair says that Kennedy’s a jackass, but he appreciates that he can be man about things. Kennedy grins and then walks away, and that’s when Michaels comes back into frame. Ric says the party has been great, but it’s almost time to make his address, and he’ll be heading to the ring right now. He suggests Shawn watch it from the back. He then heads out for his address as we fade to ringside.

MITB Briefcase On The Line!
    C M - P U N K vs. C H R I S - J E R I C H O vs. S H E L T O N - B E N J A M I N

Jericho was so full of hype he hopped on Punk before the match began and the bell rang. The two toppled to the outside floor and Shelton came running in. The match stayed in the hands of Shelton Benjamin mostly and he got some boos while taunting the two men, but the fans cheered when he hit any of his multiple high spots that occurred over the match’s duration. Jericho got two consecutive near falls towards the end, hitting a Codebreaker on Punk for a two, and then a lionsault also for two. Benjamin clotheslined Jericho out of the ring and was then kicked in the skull by Punk. Punk picked him up and hit a GTS. He turned right around and caught Jericho and landed a GTS on him as well, pinning him for a three count.

Winner: CM Punk via pin-fall @ 12:18

P O S T - M A T C H: CM Punk’s music is blaring in the background as Punk grabs his briefcase to celebrate. Punk holds it high in the air, but he’s cut off by the sound of Shelton Benjamin’s voice who now has a microphone on the opposite side of the ring. He’s holding his ribs and tells Punk to stop celebrating. “You may have won the battle Punk, but there can be only one winner to this war. I know I’m better than you, and I know I can beat you! It’s just a matter of time before I get my hands on you again, and I take that briefcase right from you!” Punk waves at Benjamin to bring it on, but before he can, William Regal’s music hits and the General Manager himself comes out to the entrance ramp.

He chuckles and then says that Jericho’s been instigating problems with people, now Benjamin’s instigating problems with people. Since both of them are so interested in fighting, Regal has an idea on how satiate their fighting spirit, and that’s with a special tag team match at Backlash in Seattle! He takes a moment to build the suspense and then declares that at Backlash, the team of Shelton Benjamin and Chris Jericho will clash with the team of CM Punk and Shawn Michaels! He also adds that if CM Punk and Shawn Michaels win, Benjamin will return to Smackdown, and he’ll bring Jericho with him, because Jericho will officially be traded to the Blue Brand! If Benjamin and Jericho win, Punk and Michaels will be moved over to Friday nights. Regal’s music hits and he waltzes off as Punk, Jericho, and Benjamin look around at each other, still exhausted from their match, and considering the stakes at hand. Fade to commercial.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    We return right off the commercial, when Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler hype the insane night that it has been so far, promising nothing but more chaotic action, and that’s when the theme music of the immortal Ric Flair hit’s the speakers, gaining the biggest pops of the entire night. Every single last fan in the arena in Virginia hop to their feet in respect for The Man. Without further adieu, Flair comes strutting out with his recognizable signature saunter, and then lets out a WHOO! Which is answered by the 7,000 other fans in attendance who WHOO back at him. He smiles and continue his path to ring, quickly welling up in emotion but ignoring the despondency and staying focused on the positives, in that he has just finished the greatest wrestling career of all-time, and now he will never be expected to wrestle ever again, knowing that his name will forever be inscribed into the heart’s of millions of wrestling fans around the globe! He enters the ring with his expensive suit and shades and looks around at the fans chanting the Flair name. The roaring audience exceeds what would seem possible for a medium sized crowd, and the commentators remark at the loudness of the fans who are about to blow the roof off the stadium! It takes almost five minutes for Flair to get them to settle down, taking a microphone, and shouting “I feel more alive today than I ever have, ever in my career, ever in my life baby, WHOO

The fans continue to WHOO back as Flair smiles, tears setting in his weathered eyes.

“Last night in Orlando, Florida I shed the title of legend and made the leap to GREATEST OF ALL TIME! And this I owe to my dear friend, a loved companion of mine and fellow all-time great, The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. Shawn, I know you’re watching this from the back son, and let me just say thank you! Thank you for letting me go out in a blaze of glory. I went with a bang, not a whimper, just like I’ve always wanted to, and you made that possible! You didn’t take it easy on me. I gave you everything I had baby, and you kept on bringing it, and I know it was hard but you pulled the trigger, and you ended this career, but you ended it on a high note! I didn’t go out wrestling some schmuck, I wasn’t wrestling any old John Doe, I was wrestling Mr. WrestleMania, baby, WHOO! The Showstoppah baby! I said it back in 1992, but I’m going to say it again! With a tear in my eye, THIS is the greatest day of my life! I thought I reached the pinnacle when I came to work for Vince and I took the gold, but that was just par for the course for the 16-time World Champion! It’s not the gold we hold that defines who we are, no way, it’s all about who you wrestle and who you serve, and I’ve not only wrestled every great from Tokyo and back, but I’ve had the pleasure of entertaining the best damn fans in the world, WHOO!”

The fans continue to bellow WHOO’s at The God. He does a signature strut around the ring, firing on all cylinders now and popping off with more shouts that can’t quite be made out, as he is not speaking into the mic. He unbuttons his jacket and throws it on the mat, turning to face the crowd once again.

“A wise man once said you’re only as great as your last match and if that’s the case I’ve got no problem calling myself the best! People have been calling me the greatest since I was tangling with Barry Windham back in the days of Jim Crockett Promotions but I never peaked until last night, and knowing the only way from there was down, I decided I’d be a man of my word ladies and gents, I retired. I filed my papers with the committee and I’m done wrestling inside this squared circle, you’ve seen the last active competition of The Nature Boy! You witnessed his zenith last night at the granddaddy of them all! Last night my career came full circle. From my first match with Jack Brisco, to my first world title reign, to my battles with The Dragon and Terry Funk, to my first stint in the WWE, to my renaissance in WCW, and all the way up until last night, these things were just piling up, they were just leading to the end, to the pinnacle and I reached that last night, and now I never have to wrestle ever again

The Virginia audience continues to cheer on Ric while a small section of the fan base cry out for one more match.

“But baby, you don’t got to be worried about Old Naitch! I’m glad it’s over. I poured my life into this sport and my in-ring competition had to come to an end.

BUT, for as long as I may breathe. For as long as may live and as long as The Master of the Figure Four may live, you bet your ass I’m going to be in this ring, keeping the business alive and making it what it should be! Making it a profession not to laugh at, not to be joked about! When Flair’s in the building, this is a sport that is respected, appreciated, and most importantly, loved by the tens of thousands of millions of pro wrestling fans around the world still chanting WHOO, can I get another WHOO!?”

The fans comply and a roaring WHOO erupts through the arena as Naitch shakes his head.

“And you might wonder what I mean. Maybe I need to make it clear. What I’m saying is I’m here to keep the spirit of wrestling alive. Wrestling is defined by The Nature Boys, The Dragons, The Hammers, The Kings, The Warriors, and The Macho Men right? Yeah it is, and what I did was I went out and found a man five years ago that I saw a lot of myself in! The difference is that this man’s got nothing but time on his side and nothing but knowledge in his head! I trained him, he is me and I am him, but we are not each other, do you follow me!? This man is The New Horseman! This man is going to save this company from being some plain Jane, vanilla drone-like wasteland, this man is going to rewrite the rules of wrestling and he’s going to show all these young pups what a wrestler is, what a competitor is, what a champion is baby! Do I need to hype this man more or are you satisfied yet? He’s mean, he’s gritty, he’s bad to the bone but he’s not dumb enough to let the referees know! He’ll put you in a figure four or drop you with a suplex, it’s all the same to him because at the end of the night he’ll leave you like a pretzel and you won’t even have realized that the bell has rang! He’s got a cool demeanor but a hot temper! You don’t know him, but he’s know you, he knows everyone and everything because he knows me and I am the world! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girl, the Nature Boy proudly presents to you The New Horseman, Kayo Hero!”

Immediately, a slightly remixed, up-tempo form of “In The Hall of the Mountain King” begins to blare over the speakers. A few fans seem to know who Flair is talking about, while the rest remain skeptical, until the arrival of the man himself, up on stage in a hooded jacket and in wrestling tights. His hoody is one side white and one side black, KH is on the front in cursive letters and parts of it are feathered to resemble Flair’s robes in the past. He drops the hood and begins to approach the ring.

Hero hops in the ring with his mentor, hugs him and begins to parade around the ring with his music still in full tempo. The fans cheer upon his arrival, as another portion of the fans’ skepticism was just confirmed by his arrival. He hops up to the top rope, and does a signal, putting his fist in the air, saying ‘K’, and then moving his first sideways to bend his arm in a perpendicular way, looking like an elbow strike, shouting ‘O’.

Hero hops down from the ropes and then takes the microphone out of Ric’s hand. He looks around at the roaring audiences.

“Baby, here I am! Some of you might know me, some of you don’t, and I know plenty of you wish you were me, but there’s only one me, there’s only won Kayo Hero! There’s only one New Horseman. There’s only one Young Naitch. There’s only one future 16-Time World Champion. In this world, there is only Kayo Hero and he stands before all of you fans right here in Hampton, Virginia vowing to serve you people for as long as you want me to, just as my mentor has! And though I realize that this man I stand beside is an irreplaceable, mimic-proof legend, there will never be a night when you have to question my heart, my dedication, my drive! I will leave my body in this ring, time and time again, until I reach the top of the mountain! And when I do, and I look down on all you subjects, and I look even further down into the pits of ditches where I will have left my battered opponents, I will have a tear in my eye… and I will declare… THIS is the greatest night of my life

Hero and Flair smile as the fans light up for the duo. Flair holds Hero’s hand in the air as both of the men celebrate before the fans. The crowd enjoying the event then reflect on and acknowledge that they are resting their eyes on the past of wrestling, and on the future as the show fades to a commercial break.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================
    As we come back on air, JR and Lawler welcome back to the event and hype the upcoming King of the Ring match of Triple H versus Colin Delaney. We then cut backstage briefly to see Armando Alejandro Estrada talking to his former client, Umaga, getting him pumped up and it would seem as if the two are back on the same page.

T R I P L E - H vs. C O L I N - D E L A N E Y

This is an altitude of the card which Delaney has never seen before and potentially never will after the way Hunter manhandled the lowly jobber. Triple H got the upper hand right out of the gate, hitting a high knee, his signature knee drop, and then locked Delaney in his signature modified sharpshooter. As soon as Colin lifted his hand to tap, Triple H released the move. He lifted Delaney up for a AA Spinebuster and then stalked him. He kicked him in the gut and drove him down with a pedigree in the center of the ring, pinning him and putting the nail in the coffin.

Winner: Triple H via pin-fall @ 5:36

P O S T - M A T C H: Triple H stalks around the ring with his arm raised in victory. He doesn’t take too long parading, though and drops out of the ring. He begins to head up the ramp as John Cena comes pacing down the ramp. The two men bump into each other on the ramp as they exchange bad looks. He slides into the ring and lifts Colin’s head up, slapping him lightly on the cheek and trying to get him to respond. Delaney finally comes to his senses. Cena turns around to see Triple H standing dominantly up on the stage. The Game sneers at Cena and then heads to the back, as Cena tries to prop Delaney up and help him get to the back.

B A C K - S T A G E: We find Todd Grisham alongside reigning WWE champion, Randy Orton. The fans cheer immediately as he comes into frame. Grisham welcomes him to the interview and Orton thanks Grisham for the time. Todd asks the former Legend Killer what his mentality is, heading into a match with an obviously dangerous Umaga who has seemingly reunited with his former handler, Armando Alejandro Estrada, while also knowing that at Backlash, his next challenger will be decided, and this man will have to outdo 15 of WWE’s best to get that point.

Orton asks Todd is he’s trying to instill some sense of fear into him. Orton reassures Todd that he fears no man. Triple H can be as cerebral as he wants, Cena can have all the fearlessness as he wants, Hardy can be as enigmatic as he wants, but at the end of the day it’s all about Randy Orton. Orton tells Todd and whoever else is listening that Orton is in a place in his life where he is untouchable. Orton stares grimly into the camera and tells Umaga and his manager that in about five minutes, Umaga will march to the ring like a rabid animal, and walk out just like a scolded animal, with his tail tucked between his barely capable legs!

Orton looks at Todd and affirms, “Todd, when you look in my eyes, what is it that you see? Just a third-generation superstar? Maybe some wrestler’s offspring that ascended to greatness based off of an impression that my dad made? Or maybe I was boosted to this status by Ric Flair, Batista, or Triple H? I got news for you Todd, I may have received some assists along the way but at one point or another I eclipsed all those who helped me along. I respect my father, but the fact of the matter is he never held this twenty pound chunk of gold! Evolution shot me to the top but I proved my independency when I won the World Title, all by myself, and then defended it against that pompous piece of rotten garbage, Triple H. It’s been more of a struggle than people know, Todd. I’ve come within inches of losing my career and I came back from the deepest depths of obscurity and found my way back to the gold

“People have told me throughout my career that I could, but there was just as many who told me I couldn’t. They told me I couldn’t beat Chris Benoit, but I did. Then I beat Triple H, when no one believed in me. I’ve beat everyone from Mick Foley to The Undertaker and I don’t stutter when I say that I am one of the greatest of all time. My accomplishments speak for me and I owe it to my supporters that are packing this arena right here in Hampton, Virginia tonight that I’m still standing here with this gold! I though I was done last night, but I won because these people deserve a better champion than John Cena or Triple H. These fans don’t need Megatron, they need Optimus Prime, Todd! I AM the Optimus Prime of WWE. The savior from the constant mediocrity that rules this promotion. Umaga, let me be the first to congratulate you on being the next victim of the Orton Era and the very first of the Optimus Era!”

Orton laughs as Todd smiles. He slithers away out of sight as we fade once more to commercial.

=================
    COMMERCIAL BREAK
    =================

U M A G A vs. R A N D Y - O R T O N

Fans made chants of “Autobots” and “Optimus Prime” as Orton came out. He smiled at the playful fans but things got serious when Umaga came rampaging out of the back, lead by Estrada. Orton jumped on Umaga to get an early advantage but the tide shifted mid-match. Umaga hit a series of his hard hitting moves, and incapacitated Orton with a series of brutal headbutts, familiar to that of his Wild Samoan relatives. Umaga went up top for a diving headbutt, but Orton moved, and as Umaga bounced back up from the impact, Orton caught him in a snapping RKO. Estrada got on the apron to distract the referee, which lead to Orton kicking him off the apron with a boot to the chest. He turned around right into a Samoan Spike, but miraculously kicked out! Estrada lost his mind and slid into the ring to bully the Mike Chioda. Chioda shoved Estrada down and that’s when Umaga started to pace towards him. Before he could make it there, Orton clipped him with a chop block and then locked in an Indian Deathlock. Umaga tapped from the pain as Ross and Lawler put over the danger of the Indian Deathlock which Orton had just debuted.

Winner: Randy Orton via submission @ 13:05

P O S T - M A T C H: Orton quickly took his title into his hands and lurched up to the second rope to pose with his gold in his hand as the adoring fans snapped picture of their champion. He exited the ring and climbed over the barricade and went into the fans where his father, Bob Orton, Jr. and his uncle, Barry O stood. He hugged them both and then continued to wade through the fans, letting the fans get a feel of him and hug him. He made his way to a bit of a clearing and climbed on top of a platform with a big Backlash poster on it, and held his title high above the crowd once again, while meanwhile in the ring, Estrada hopped up and down in anger, sort of similar to The Penguin from Batman. He yelled at Umaga who still laid out, wincing in pain and holding his back. The King popped some comments about “Optimus” Randy Orton and JR recapped the night. The camera then panned back to Orton with the title on his shoulder, holding his hand in the air, zooming in on his killer eyes as Raw faded from air.
    Fin.

~~||*

Heel Champion

Status

Raw review- March 31, 2008

I didn't quite get if Orton had turned face or not, however nice move with setting up the King of the Ring tournament the night after WrestleMania. Also I liked the opening segment between Triple H and Randy Orton and how Triple H said that he Orton was embarrassing the Orton name and whatnot. Also something nice is that you used some of the midcarders very well, guys like Burchill, Brian Kendrick and even Mr. Kennedy as he was a mid carder back in 2008. However I am amping that you push Kennedy, give to us what the WWE didn't and that is Mr. Kennedy at WWE Champion/or World Heavyweight Champion.

Pretty solid show and you used the minimal roster to your advantage.

oG $wank

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    Raw review- March 31, 2008

I didn't quite get if Orton had turned face or not, however nice move with setting up the King of the Ring tournament the night after WrestleMania. Also I liked the opening segment between Triple H and Randy Orton and how Triple H said that he Orton was embarrassing the Orton name and whatnot. Also something nice is that you used some of the midcarders very well, guys like Burchill, Brian Kendrick and even Mr. Kennedy as he was a mid carder back in 2008. However I am amping that you push Kennedy, give to us what the WWE didn't and that is Mr. Kennedy at WWE Champion/or World Heavyweight Champion.

Pretty solid show and you used the minimal roster to your advantage.
    Orton's a face. He's just trying to reinforce the idea that he got where he was, not thanks to Triple H or anyone else, but by his own merit. Plus he maintains a little bit of his own edge.

~~||*

OMB BAYBAY!

Status

I finished reading this up this morning when I repped you and I'm rally glad I finally found a little time to sit down and review what you wrote. Going to go through it again as I review to make sure I don't forget anything.

Monday Night Raw Review

-Was surprised to see you turned Orton face at the top of the show but considering the lack of baby face depth at the top of the card on Raw it was a pleasant surprise, I feel Orton became a bit stale around here. Really well written opening segment and an awesome way to introduce the King of the Ring tournament. As an early guess I'm picking Jeff Hardy to win the entire thing since Orton and Hardy can rip it up, but I'm interested to see the direction you take it. Love how you had Regal's character down pat in this segment.

-Really nice backstage segment, although I'm not entirely sure about Jericho calling Punk out and referencing all of that stuff just yet. Punk hadn't really evolved in WWE at that time and to shout gimmick seemed a tad unrealistic to me, but regardless I really enjoyed this. Punk defending his MITB made me think that you were going a different direction with the product.

-Kendrick/Hardy was a solid choice for the opening match and the right man won. Nice show of respect after the match and really enjoyed the subtlety of Hardy knowing he has to overcome Triple H in the next round.

-Bet on cool? I can definitely get into that. I notice you're adding a lot more character depth and it's something that was a huge missing element during this time. I enjoyed the way you built Carlito a bit here, and am really enjoying the doubts that Michaels' intentions are legitimate for this party.

-Another solid match and a really nice move by stabilizing a more legitimate finisher for Kennedy coming off of MITB here. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses in the tournament.

-Wasn't sure about giving The Hart Dynasty a chance at the titles right off the bat but you played it off well here and I can see why you did it...the tag team division wasn't exactly sparkling.

-I really think that while you gave JBL/Dreamer too much time for the actual time of the match that the pre and post events were superb and it actually made me want to see Dreamer kick JBL's ass...which is a good thing because you captured douche bag JBL to a tee. Definitely loved him pulling out a cigar at the end, nice work here.

-I'm not a Kennedy fan at all but Flair putting him over as an asshole was a great move.

-Really, really good triple threat match here and I absolutely loved the finish. Giving Shelton a bit more of an edge, Jericho being his classic self and you building Punk can only be a good thing. Oh, and the post match got me pumped for Backlash as well. Really intrigued who's going to Smackdown. The only problem I have here is that I hope you actually pull off a trade and don't just ship them over to the blue brand because than it would seem like a demotion to an inferior brand.

- I loved Flair's monologue until he brought Hero out. There were a number of people I thought you would have given the rub to but I'm not entirely sure how Hero would have played out in WWE around this time period. He was definitely on the top of his game toward the beginning of 2009, in my opinion, but to be thrusted into the spotlight so quickly is a risky move. I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do with Hero since he's a character that can take a number of roles, I think you can do it justice. Definitely a move out of left field though.

-Delaney lasting 5 minutes against Triple H seems to be a bit much, but maybe I'm underestimating Delaney around this period.

-Enjoyed Orton's promo that solidifies who he is and who he definitely isn't...someone who didn't get there legitimately. Again, really nice work with Orton. Loved the main event and Orton establishing the submission will definitely add another layer to his development.

Well written and well formatted, I have nothing to say there. Really superb first show, keep it up!

oG $wank

Status

April 1st, 2008
    Word out of WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut is that World Wrestling Entertainment is in the process of building a new structure in Greenwich, Connecticut to serve as the viral home base of WWE, and will be the location where all internet-based decisions are made, and all the work is done. This news comes after the large stock-buyout by LinkedIn President Reid Hoffman who is now working in conjunction with the company to develop social media outlets, viral sharing, and product partnerships.

The first piece of new pertaining to internet ventures is the idea of a new social media site which will be similar to Facebook or MySpace, but will be athlete-friendly and borderline out of character, where football, baseball, and basketball players can post to their fans and hold friendly conversations regarding their craft, while it will also be a have for WWE superstars who are free to speak in storyline, but also talk about their real life exploits. The site will be open to NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, and NFL athletes as well, but will still be a WWE subsidiary, with all profits being absorbed by the company.

There are also talks on how this website will integrate Video on Demand where athletes can share personal video blogs which fans can keep track of for a low monthly fee, something as low as $1.99, according to early reports.

The name of the social media website is not yet released and the logo is in the preliminary stages, awaiting confirmation by higher ups in the WWE hierarchy. When questioned, Reid Hoffman commented that he would be hoping that the site can be up in testing stages as early as mid May. Though, it is said, that this is just wishful thinking.

~~||*

oG $wank

Status

W W E - I N T E R N E T - NEWS - R E L E A S E
    April 1st, 2008
    Some more news has begun to circulate around the water cooler. It’s reported that indy darling Roderick Strong has been appearing at Smackdown house shows that took place in the Carolinas this past week. His first match was a loss to Jim Duggan a week before WrestleMania and he has appeared on the last two shows the last two days in North and South Carolina, once losing a single’s match against Mike Knox and then being defeated once more the next night, teaming with Kofi Kingston and taking on The Miz and John Morrison in a tag title match that apparently got the fans cheering for him. There’s still no word on whether or not he’s been offered an actual contract, though he is booked to compete at ROH and FIP events later this week and next month, so the signs are pointing to no.

The good news is, Smackdown is promising to be a strong show on Friday. WWE has announced the on-screen debut of Russian powerhouse Vladimir Kozlov against an unknown opponent, plus we will see a rematch from WrestleMania that will pit ECW Champion Kane against the man he defeated in just 8 seconds at WrestleMania, Chavo Guerrero! This, and not to mention appearances from the likes of The Animal, Batista, Rey Mysterio, Miz and Morrison, and former ECW stars Elijah Burke, Big Daddy V, and Kofi Kingston make their debuts!

And in additional news, Reid Hoffman and WWE’s internet staff have announced the name and logo for their new athlete-based social media website which will be named Lyfer.com. Hoffman tells reporters that he and his staff decided on the name because the name defines the constant insight into the superstars that use the site and their personal lives and feelings. Initially he says there was some skepticism regarding the name and it’s premise but WWE decided to hammer out a draft so as to at least get some people buzzing about it’s future.

Reports say that WWE’s new web headquarters that is being built in Greenwich, Connecticut will be finished with construction within 2 to 4 months, and WWE hopes to have the Lyfer website up by then, so that they can put the new structure to use, maintaining the site and branching out. The new logo can be found below.

~~||*

Thread Information