Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 344

Thread: Ask Superman

  1. #1
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Football Ask Superman

    With a bevy of knowledge across the major four, there has been some(though not enough for me to think this is going to last, or be near as successful as Ask Jim), it's been suggested on multiple fronts that I do a similar thing for Sports. With a BS in Statistics, a lot of my college time was devoted to dissecting and creating new stats, which caused me to watch tons of sports(a travesty I know) having watched the NBA since 92, NHL since 94, NFL since 95, and MLB since 96, I've seen a lot of games. I also have friends that are "in the biz" who give me tapes of games for the hell of it when they're done. So, go ahead, ask me anything, opinion, fact, whatever.

    (soccer fans need not apply)


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  2. #2
    Chikara Trainee
    Michael Price's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Ask Superman

    Who will win the NBA championship this year, and who will they defeat?

  3. #3
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    Right now, I'm on the OKC puts it together at the trading deadline after adding a valuable bench player and makes a run. I think that Westbrook and Durant both have chips from last year, and both have additional chips with the supposed rift everyone's been reporting. As far as the East, I see the Heat coming out as long as they don't face a deep team(Pacers) in the playoffs. overall depth is going to kill them because of the compressed season and the age of their valuable bench players(Miller, Battier)


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  4. #4
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    Right now, I'm on the OKC puts it together at the trading deadline after adding a valuable bench player and makes a run. I think that Westbrook and Durant both have chips from last year, and both have additional chips with the supposed rift everyone's been reporting. As far as the East, I see the Heat coming out as long as they don't face a deep team(Pacers) in the playoffs. overall depth is going to kill them because of the compressed season and the age of their valuable bench players(Miller, Battier)
    Im a miami fan but.. Pacers? LOL.. You do know that the heat blew them out by over 30 points... No sir... pacers wont make it past the 2nd round.. they prolly wont make it past the first round. It will be heat vs thunder in the finals. Bulls are the only real threat to the heat in the east. Indiana and Philly are having flukey type early parts of their season.. I'm glad to for them, but they aren't serious threats. As for the west.. I don't see anyone being a threat.. MAYBE San Antonio if they get ginobli back.. but even then, i think OKC matches up well against them.

    Thanks Joe

  5. #5
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    Im a miami fan but.. Pacers? LOL.. You do know that the heat blew them out by over 30 points... No sir... pacers wont make it past the 2nd round.. they prolly wont make it past the first round. It will be heat vs thunder in the finals. Bulls are the only real threat to the heat in the east. Indiana and Philly are having flukey type early parts of their season.. I'm glad to for them, but they aren't serious threats. As for the west.. I don't see anyone being a threat.. MAYBE San Antonio if they get ginobli back.. but even then, i think OKC matches up well against them.
    Sigh, so I don't know if anyone introduced you to this thing called "sample size" but it's really a great tool to use when evaluating players and teams. If you watch one game of one team, and predict their success against the same team in the future you're in for more surprises than most think... I mean, as I recall did the Bulls not beat the Heat in the Regular Season last year, and then lose in the ECF? Teams changes, strategies change, players are hurt, etc. And either way, if we were talking about an 82 game regular season like all the rest, I'd be more on the Heat's side, but this is a 66 game shortened season that's bound to take a toll on players both young and old, especially those with not a lot of depth(like the Heat) If Bosh/James/Wade keep posting high mpgs, it's gonna be interesting come playoff time. Their bench isn't really that great(though upgraded from last year definitely) Mike Miller(who's never healthy) Shane Battier(a defensive 3 pointer ala Bruce Bowen these days), Juwan Howard(Every other member of the fab five is retired), Norris Cole(a great role player, but the young man in an old mans group) is going up against George Hill(a terrific sixth man in San Antonio and should be no different, capable to start ahead of Collison as well), Paul George(excellent defender and coming into his own this year, can slot at 2 or 3), Tyler Hansbrough(good hustle player, not much else). I don't know about you, but I'd take the Pacers bench over the Heat's bench eight days out of the week, and with this season the way it is, the ability to spread minutes around and as deep as the Pacers can(Amundson/Foster/Stephenson are all good 5-10 mpg players)

    And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Pacers definitely take a seven game series if they play the Heat, but they are the type of team that's capable of beating the Heat because of their extraordinary depth.
    Last edited by Suntan Superman; 01-28-2012 at 10:47 AM.


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  6. #6
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    I actually missed the second part of your post because I figured it was just more drivel, but the Sixers and the Pacers aren't really flukes, they're both well-coached, well balanced teams. They aren't going to run anyone out of the building, and while Granger and Iggy are Stars, they're not quite Superstar status. Really the only thing flukey about either team is Spencer Hawes, but once he starts to drift back to the 3pt line, he should regress, unless Collins actually can get him to stay in that 10-15 foot range, then he could be exactly what the Sixers need at the 5.


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  7. #7
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    Sigh, so I don't know if anyone introduced you to this thing called "sample size" but it's really a great tool to use when evaluating players and teams. If you watch one game of one team, and predict their success against the same team in the future you're in for more surprises than most think... I mean, as I recall did the Bulls not beat the Heat in the Regular Season last year, and then lose in the ECF? Teams changes, strategies change, players are hurt, etc. And either way, if we were talking about an 82 game regular season like all the rest, I'd be more on the Heat's side, but this is a 66 game shortened season that's bound to take a toll on players both young and old, especially those with not a lot of depth(like the Heat) If Bosh/James/Wade keep posting high mpgs, it's gonna be interesting come playoff time. Their bench isn't really that great(though upgraded from last year definitely) Mike Miller(who's never healthy) Shane Battier(a defensive 3 pointer ala Bruce Bowen these days), Juwan Howard(Every other member of the fab five is retired), Norris Cole(a great role player, but the young man in an old mans group) is going up against George Hill(a terrific sixth man in San Antonio and should be no different, capable to start ahead of Collison as well), Paul George(excellent defender and coming into his own this year, can slot at 2 or 3), Tyler Hansbrough(good hustle player, not much else). I don't know about you, but I'd take the Pacers bench over the Heat's bench eight days out of the week, and with this season the way it is, the ability to spread minutes around and as deep as the Pacers can(Amundson/Foster/Stephenson are all good 5-10 mpg players)

    And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Pacers definitely take a seven game series if they play the Heat, but they are the type of team that's capable of beating the Heat because of their extraordinary depth.
    BTW, then neither can u make an argument for the pacers.. so u already made your first point useless.. If anything.. the bulls have more depth than the pacers. Better too. By the way, you can keep the pacers bench.. I'll have the heat starters. And i dont care about how condensed this season is.. if they're healthy, they'll play 30+ minutes a night each. And they'll continue to do what they do best. The heat bench isnt that bad. Millers getting like 6-12 a game, Cole 6-10 a game, Haslem 2-8 a game plus 10 boards, Battier all his defense plus haslem's defense. I'll take miami's bench. They supply what miami's starters lack.. defense. Joel Anthony is the only consistent defender of the heat's starting 5. The only person I'm concerned about the whole shortened schedule is wade.. because he's been injured twice already. He seems to be healthy or near 100% (if u look at the game from the knicks where he just returned). Pacers have a great team. If they face orlando or atlanta or boston or milwaukee or one of those lower seed teams.. I can see them winning. If the pacers face the bulls or heat. I don't see it. Bulls defense is too great.. and Miami's overall talent defense and offense is better than Indy's. Indy wont get swept no matter who they play. I see them winning at least 1-2 games depending who they play.

    Thanks Joe

  8. #8
    Epic Andy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Planet of Funk
    Posts
    5,894
    Rep Power
    275

    Re: Ask Superman

    What teams do you see crumbling before the season ends? (in terms of seeds, rosters, whatever)

    Will D12 be traded before the deadline, and who do you think has the best chance of landing D12 in a trade?

    And will the Knicks get their act together before the season ends to land a decent playoff spot?


  9. #9
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    What teams do you see crumbling before the season ends? (in terms of seeds, rosters, whatever)

    Will D12 be traded before the deadline, and who do you think has the best chance of landing D12 in a trade?

    And will the Knicks get their act together before the season ends to land a decent playoff spot?
    orlando, boston (shortened schedule plus they havent really played miami yet or chicago).. possibly the 76ers.. i can see the clippers falling off too..

    Nope. Orlando won't get a good enough deal and will stick with him for the 2012 playoffs and then lose him for nothing..

    Sorta.. they won't lose as much to crappy teams like cleveland.. The highest seed they will be is 5.. at best.. I see them as a 7th seed though.

    And yes i know it's the ask SS thread but i like talking about basketball so

    Thanks Joe

  10. #10
    I Am Not Your Daddy
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,621
    Rep Power
    3874

    Re: Ask Superman

    What caused the failure - or at least minimized effectiveness - of Billy Beane's "moneyball" approach? Was it the adoption of advanced statistical analysis on a wider basis throughout the MLB? The increased valuation of prospects? Or was it really an overblown system to begin with that really just found success based on an epic rotation of talent that the A's had?


    Every Ending is a New Beginning.
    Your Lucky Number is None.
    Your Favorite Color is Dead.
    Like Father, Like Son.



  11. #11
    Indy Pimpin
    Deonte's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    2,741
    Rep Power
    440

    Re: Ask Superman

    What are your current thoughts on the Lakers situation?

    In my opinion they need a new PG, and if so what PG should they go after?

    With losing Lamar Odom, what Bench Player do you see stepping up for them?

  12. #12
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    BTW, then neither can u make an argument for the pacers.. so u already made your first point useless..
    Starting here, no I didn't, because instead of taking one game(like you did) I'm taking what they've done so far in the season(18 games), while it's still not an ideal sample size, it's far better than taking one game and extrapolating the result.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    If anything.. the bulls have more depth than the pacers. Better too. By the way, you can keep the pacers bench.. I'll have the heat starters.
    Hold on a second, you mean to tell me you'd take starters over bench players? Wow, man, that's bold, I don't know of anyonewho would take starters over bench players.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    And i dont care about how condensed this season is.. if they're healthy, they'll play 30+ minutes a night each. And they'll continue to do what they do best.
    So, I'm not sure if you understand this, but there's a correlation between the condensed season, and how healthy they'll be. But y'know, whatever.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    The heat bench isnt that bad. Millers getting like 6-12 a game, Cole 6-10 a game, Haslem 2-8 a game plus 10 boards, Battier all his defense plus haslem's defense. I'll take miami's bench. They supply what miami's starters lack.. defense.
    I never said it was that bad, I just said that with the youth and the better depth it's possible the Pacers would take a seven game series.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    Joel Anthony is the only consistent defender of the heat's starting 5. The only person I'm concerned about the whole shortened schedule is wade.. because he's been injured twice already. He seems to be healthy or near 100% (if u look at the game from the knicks where he just returned)
    Again with the whole "one game" argument, in one game Brandon Jennings scored 50 points, he surely should've been rookie of the year that year in your eyes.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    Pacers have a great team. If they face orlando or atlanta or boston or milwaukee or one of those lower seed teams.. I can see them winning. If the pacers face the bulls or heat. I don't see it. Bulls defense is too great.. and Miami's overall talent defense and offense is better than Indy's. Indy wont get swept no matter who they play. I see them winning at least 1-2 games depending who they play.
    This is a fair assessment, but you are seriously underrating the Pacers bench, and it's quite comical. The Bulls and the Heat are good, but we all know the Bulls live and die by Rose for the most part, and I'd be worried about some of the bench players not being 100% for the Heat considering most of them couldn't stay healthy in an 82 game season with regular rest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    What teams do you see crumbling before the season ends? (in terms of seeds, rosters, whatever)
    The 76ers will most likely crumble in terms of seeding. I don't think they'll win the Atlantic, and they'll be a bottom three seed team, mostly because Spencer Hawes will most likely become his old self at some point, and maybe Boston or New York will put it together.

    In terms of Roster, I think the Magic will look to unload almost everyone from their team. As much as that owner wants to win, Otis Smith has put them in a very bad financial position, It wouldn't surprise me to see Nelson, Howard, Turkoglu, JRich, and QRich all gone by the deadline.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Will D12 be traded before the deadline, and who do you think has the best chance of landing D12 in a trade?
    In all honesty I'm torn on it, I really don't think Orlando wants to trade Dwight, but at the same time, they for sure don't want to lose him like the Cavs and Raptors lost James and Bosh.

    As for who has the best chance, I've actually seen some interesting packages thrown together for D12 by fans, and "analysts" alike. If I'm Orlando I want a quality player, and prospects back. One interesting deal was him landing in Clipperland for Butler/Billups/Bledsoe and Jordan. The hard part about getting a 5 back though is you don't know how management feels about Orton. I will say, the one place i'm not looking to trade Dwight is the Nets, the package they would get back wouldn't be very good for the overall future of the team.

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    And will the Knicks get their act together before the season ends to land a decent playoff spot?
    I imagine so, eventually the media will get to STAT and Melo and they'll both go back to playing with that chip on their shoulder like they did in Phoenix and Denver respectively. Mostly the other guys on the Knicks need to step up and learn how to play better team ball.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    And yes i know it's the ask SS thread but i like talking about basketball so
    http://wrestlingclique.com/north-ame...iscussion.html

    Just sayin'

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    What caused the failure - or at least minimized effectiveness - of Billy Beane's "moneyball" approach? Was it the adoption of advanced statistical analysis on a wider basis throughout the MLB?
    Teams got smarter about the actual value of their players for the most part. For the most part teams would always rely on the eye test, and not care about the individual performance(ERA vs xFIP as an example), while now they are more conscious about an individuals actual play instead of simply their stats. One of my favorite examples of this is Eric Milton with the Twins/Reds. Milton was an effective pitcher in Minnesota because fly balls would often die in the outfield with no air flow, and traditionally those ****ing Twins would have stellar defense.(white sox fan, sorry) The Reds then signed Eric Milton to a contract based mostly on his performance in the Metrodome, and it obviously did not translate as well to the Great American Smallpark as the ball carried more, and the Reds didn't have the defense to bail him out. In todays Free Agency I doubt that Milton would've even gotten an offer from the Reds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    The increased valuation of prospects?
    To touch on this a little, this has become so overblown. Teams nowadays overvalue their prospects like none other.Now that most fans can follow prospects via Baseball America, and MLB.TV prospects have more name value, while this allows teams to not do a Larry Anderson for Jeff Bagwell deal, it also makes them hesitant to pull the trigger on deals, without the realization that these kids are just prospects. Looking back at the Johan Santana deal, the Mets almost didn't get him because they refused to add Fernando Martinez to the deal, At the beginning of this year Martinez was claimed off of waivers from the Mets by the Astros. Imagine if the Santana deal didn't go down because of that, wouldn't the Mets look even more foolish(I understand Santana hasn't been the greatest in a Mets uniform, but I think we all know what he is capable of.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Or was it really an overblown system to begin with that really just found success based on an epic rotation of talent that the A's had?
    It has a ton of merit, and actually in my opinion has turned baseball into a better game. Bill James(my hero, lol) created a system in which parity was created through superior scouting and evaluation instead of spending. Billy Beane worked diligently on the monetary aspect of it, and that led to more people becoming conscious about Super 2 eligibility and the buying out of arbitration years before they become an issue. The system as a whole has tons of merit, which is why it's hilarious that people make fun of Moneyball because the A's haven't won a championship. The A's did better with less payroll, and kept turning MLB players into more future MLB players. The system wasn't designed for WS winners, it was more designed for success with limited resources.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deonte View Post
    What are your current thoughts on the Lakers situation?

    In my opinion they need a new PG, and if so what PG should they go after?

    With losing Lamar Odom, what Bench Player do you see stepping up for them?
    Honestly I'm surprised Steve Blake hasn't turned out better for them. He was underrated for the better part of his career, but it seems as though he declined faster than anyone imagine making that contract look bad. However I think the Lakers have two very good in-house, long-term options in Darius Morris and Andrew Goudelock. I'm more partial to Goudelock mostly for having played under Bobby Cremins, and having that maturity, and baskeball IQ, however as a short-term fix, I could see them moving the PTE from the Lamar Odom trade for Andre Miller.

    Devin Ebanks is a guy I really like, I have a feeling he's going to be a lot like Captain Jack, in that he's going to be a late bloomer, but I also wouldn't be surprised to have him figure out his limit and play to that this year, for him it's about knowing what he can do, and what he's good at, and executing that. At WVU he often got caught trying to do too much.


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  13. #13
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ask Superman

    Starting here, no I didn't, because instead of taking one game(like you did) I'm taking what they've done so far in the season(18 games),
    Yeah i know SS but you're calling me out, but your "logic" or lack thereof.. makes me have to argue with you. By the way, u keep saying i'm using one game sample size (which im not.. i am using overall this year and last year). Pacers lost 2-1 to heat last year.. Like u said urself, going by this season.. Heat 14-5 and Pacers 12-6.. i wonder what's better.. if my math is correct it's the pac.. no wait, the heat. YOU SAID YOURSELF you would use the season as an example.. and you are proven wrong again. Heat are better. Played and beat better teams.. Beat the pacers and will continue to beat them (just wait for the next game and i'll bring this up when it does happen).. Like i said.. Pacers just dont have a good matchup with the heat. Pacers advantage is their bigs.. hibbert, hansborough. That's not enough, imo, though.

    BTW, i'm gonna type out each team's quality wins (wins against good teams) and i wanna see your opinion.

    Heat wins - @Dallas, vsBoston, vsIndiana, @Atlanta, vsSanAntonio, vsLALakers, vsPhiladelphia (i'm iffy about this), vsNewYork

    Pacers wins - @Boston, vsAtlanta, vsBoston, @LALakers, @Chicago

    The rest of the wins are not against good teams for either team.. Boston or New York aren't playing up to the level they should be.. but clearly, heat's beaten the better teams. Every good team the pacers beat, heat already beat them (except the bulls cause the heat finally play the bulls today at 330). Every logic says the heat are better than the pacers. Beaten the pacers straight up, beaten better teams, have an overall better record, and have better players. Yes, it's technically possible for any team to win a series, but the fact that you said you would go with the pacers is "comical" as you put it.. I am not underestimating their bench. Their bench just won't overpower lebron and wade.

    Like i said in one of my previous posts... Pacers (despite being 6th seeded right now) are probably in the top 4 of the east. If they dont play the bulls or heat, i could see them going to the ECF.

    Thanks Joe

  14. #14
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    Yeah i know SS but you're calling me out, but your "logic" or lack thereof.. makes me have to argue with you. By the way, u keep saying i'm using one game sample size (which im not.. i am using overall this year and last year). Pacers lost 2-1 to heat last year.. Like u said urself, going by this season.. Heat 14-5 and Pacers 12-6.. i wonder what's better.. if my math is correct it's the pac.. no wait, the heat.
    Ok, so if you're an NBA fan you should know one thing, last year has NO bearing on this year. I mean are you serious? And did you seriously just use their records to determine the Heat were better? I mean that means the Bulls must be better than the Heat! Look at their record! Jesus man, if you're going to troll you could at least put a concerted effort in this, it's like you're five years old and have no capacity to think critically and put situations in context. I mean c'mon.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    YOU SAID YOURSELF you would use the season as an example.. and you are proven wrong again. Heat are better. Played and beat better teams.. Beat the pacers and will continue to beat them (just wait for the next game and i'll bring this up when it does happen).. Like i said.. Pacers just dont have a good matchup with the heat. Pacers advantage is their bigs.. hibbert, hansborough. That's not enough, imo, though.
    Sigh, this season is young, and we're barely into what is going to be a treacherous schedule, and dear ****ing lord dude, as a Heat fan watching them beat the Bulls last year in the playoffs should tell you something, you know that, you can go 3-0 against a team and still lose in the playoffs. JFC.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    BTW, i'm gonna type out each team's quality wins (wins against good teams) and i wanna see your opinion.

    Heat wins - @Dallas, vsBoston, vsIndiana, @Atlanta, vsSanAntonio, vsLALakers, vsPhiladelphia (i'm iffy about this), vsNewYork

    Pacers wins - @Boston, vsAtlanta, vsBoston, @LALakers, @Chicago

    The rest of the wins are not against good teams for either team.. Boston or New York aren't playing up to the level they should be.. but clearly, heat's beaten the better teams. Every good team the pacers beat, heat already beat them (except the bulls cause the heat finally play the bulls today at 330). Every logic says the heat are better than the pacers. Beaten the pacers straight up, beaten better teams, have an overall better record, and have better players. Yes, it's technically possible for any team to win a series, but the fact that you said you would go with the pacers is "comical" as you put it.. I am not underestimating their bench. Their bench just won't overpower lebron and wade
    Dallas as a quality win in the first game of the year, are you serious? You have to be trolling me just to try and get a response. A Ginobili less Spurs team that saw Cory Joseph and Danny Green log 20+ minutes, that took an amazing third quarter to win? Yeah dude, I really don't know if you look deeper than just your basic stat line and who won or lost. Miami throttled Indiana this year, but if you think that playing this condensed season and then having Miami meet Indiana in the first round couldn't lead to an upset, you're drinking fools gold..

    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    Like i said in one of my previous posts... Pacers (despite being 6th seeded right now) are probably in the top 4 of the east. If they dont play the bulls or heat, i could see them going to the ECF.
    Despite being sixth seeded 18 games into a 66 game season, that's a pretty big window for them to jump and fall. I really don't think you understand any of the points I was trying to make about the Pacers being a potential matchup problem for the Heat, all you want to do is tout the Heat, which is fine, but you should probably watch more than just the Heat if you want to discuss more than just the Heat, because your red and black shades are getting kind of old and worn.


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  15. #15
    DD Touches my privates

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10,399
    Rep Power
    388

    Re: Ask Superman

    So now that Barry Larkin got in the HOF, who do you see making it in next year. (Yes I know it is still early to talk about it).

    Do you think Jeff Bagwell has a shot at making it within the next 5 years or does playing in the steroid era affect him?

    Should the steroid era keep some players out of the HOF who never tested positive?

  16. #16
    Tag Team Specialist

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,019
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Ask Superman

    who's gonna win the mvp??

    whos gonna win the scoring title?

    Thanks Joe

  17. #17
    The Original Situation
    CM Diddy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    401
    Posts
    1,535
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Ask Superman

    You're Danny Ainge.

    You have two viable trade options, Pierce and Rondo. You have a ton of money tied up in fossils. Set the Celtics up to be a contender within 2 years. And lets keep it realistic...






  18. #18
    oG $wank
    The EC's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,667
    Rep Power
    1375

    Re: Ask Superman

    Who's the most charismatic boxer, of all-time, period?

    Also, what happens to Matt Flynn this offseason? How good can he be as a long-term NFL quarterback?


    The EC: Good for Business.

    =======================================================
    ~~||*
    CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWF 2001: THE ICON INVADES BTB *||~~​
    ~~||* CLICK TO CHECK OUT THE WWE MMVI: THEN. NOW. FOREVER BTB *||~~
    =======================================================


  19. #19
    #unbanlemons
    Suntan Superman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    18,099
    Rep Power
    6370

    Re: Ask Superman

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    So now that Barry Larkin got in the HOF, who do you see making it in next year. (Yes I know it is still early to talk about it).

    Do you think Jeff Bagwell has a shot at making it within the next 5 years or does playing in the steroid era affect him?

    Should the steroid era keep some players out of the HOF who never tested positive?
    Were I a voter, I would put check marks next to Jack Morris, Jeff Bagwell, Craig Biggio, Curt Schilling, Barry Bonds, TIm Raines and Roger Clemens.

    Morris was one of the best postseason pitchers in history and his overall career numbers are good enough in my opinion to get him in the hall. Jeff Bagwell was a rare talent, most forget how athletic he was at the beginning of his career. A great fielder as well. Biggio is a no-brainer, played every position on the field with enormous success, never complained about PT, where he was put or anything, he put on his ballcap and played. he hit the 3000 hit milestone as well, which as we all know is a marker(Hi Wade Boggs).Tim Raines is the best leadoff hitter in baseball history not named Rickey Henderson. It's an absolute travesty he's not in already. Clemens and Bonds were amazing players during their time, and whether or not you think they deserve "HoF" status next to the greats, they were still two of the most influential players of their era, which to me is a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesofFury View Post
    who's gonna win the mvp??

    whos gonna win the scoring title?
    Whomever is the media darling at the end of the year, most likely between LeBron, DRose, and KD.

    Kevin Durant.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Diddy View Post
    You're Danny Ainge.

    You have two viable trade options, Pierce and Rondo. You have a ton of money tied up in fossils. Set the Celtics up to be a contender within 2 years. And lets keep it realistic...
    First off, I love you, no ****. Second, this should be fun. The Celtics have some nice pieces right now to help the build if we get rid of Rondo in Avery Bradley, E'Twaun Moore and Greg Stiemsma. but first we're going to handle Paul Pierce, assuming this season is over, so Ray Allen and KG are off the books, and we'll call them retired. The trade I've worked out is Paul Pierce to the Los Angeles Clippers for Mo Williams, and a TPE of around 4 mil. The Clippers relieve themselves of a logjam at the 1, and Pierce goes back home to LA. It's a double win for Boston, because the Lakers have wanted to add Pierce for a long time, seeing the Clippers with both Pierce AND Paul? Yeah, gotta be good.Mo Williams gives them 8 million coming off the books after the season, and a guy to play with/next to Avery Bradley. Now before I go on to trading Rondo to the Heat(lol) we're going to touch on this draft as well. After this season, the Celtics own the Clippers pick as long as they make the playoffs. Normally this isn't a huge deal, but considering how deep this draft could be, it's worth looking at for a long-term solution to some positions. We're going to say with their first pick ~15-20 they take Terrance Jones of Kentucky, with their second pick 24-27 they take Fab Melo of Syracuse, and with their second round pick we'll give them JaMychal Green of Alabama. Terrance Jones gives them a dynamic player at the 3, though has been known to have attitude issues, Melo gives them a seven footer to plant in the middle since Steamer shouldn't be starting, and Green gives them an active forward who can slot 3/4/5 but is better if you just stick him in the 4. On to Rondo.

    To properly pull off this Rondo trade, we should first look at our roster make over and how it's going to determine what assets we should seek in return.
    1 Avery Bradley/Mo Williams
    2 E'Twaun Moore
    3 Terrance Jones/Mickael Pietrus(re-signed)
    4 Brandon Bass/JaMychal Green/JaJuan Johnson
    5 Fab Melo/Greg Stiemsma

    Looking at it, there are two positions I feel I need to assess, I like Bradley/Williams at the point, but only E'Twaun at the 2? and Melo/Stiemsma is awfully inexperienced. If I can I'd like to figure out a way to get a two guard and a pivot. Looking around, I found one trade partner I really liked for both teams. It's not the best for Boston, but it improves the team tremendously. I traded Rajon Rondo, Fab Melo and some picks to the Sacremento Kings for DeMarcus Cousins and John Salmons. Salmons has three years left on his deal, but swallowing that bad contract is a good way to get a talent like DeMarcus Cousins. Cousins is a headcase, yes. But Doc is good with kids(See: Perkins) and I think it would do well. Salmons is better than Moore, and the two guard position still needs work, but it's servicable now. As for the Kings, it gives way to Jimmer being a threat off the bench, Tyreke moves from primary ballhanlder to a the 3, where he's more athletically gifted than most three's and Melo replaces Cousins with less talent, but still good size and potential. A starting five of Rondo/Thornton/Evans/Hickson/Melo isn't terrible. So my final roster post Big 3 era is

    PG: Avery Bradley/Mo Williams
    SG: John Salmons/E'Twaun Moore
    SF: Terrance Jones/Mickael Pietrus
    PF: Brandon Bass/JaMychal Green/JaJuan Johnson
    C: DeMarcus Cousins/Greg Stiemsma

    That's without any potential free agents as well. I think both trades I did were fair and realistic(though Cousins is the one I'm iffy on), overall though, vastly improved cap situation with mo Williams coming off the books, and it should be competitive team, not a championship team, yet, but a competitve team.
    Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Who's the most charismatic boxer, of all-time, period?

    Also, what happens to Matt Flynn this offseason? How good can he be as a long-term NFL quarterback?
    Muhammad Ali, hands down. The man transcended even sports. Frazier and Foreman were good too, but most people know Frazier as the man who lost to Ali, and Foreman for his grill.

    Matt Flynn will end up in Miami, I actually said this during the Detroit game while watching it at a buddy's house, I imagine he'll get something in the neighborhood of 7mil per year from them, and since he's familiar with Philbin, it'll be an attractive destination for him as well. As for how he'll do, it'll depend on if they actually get more talent in Miami, aside from BMarsh, their WRs are pretty pitiful. Bush is their second best recieving option and he comes ouit of the backfield. I'd imagine him to have around the same success as Matt Cassel has. He's got the tools and the smarts, but he still needs people around him.


    #UnbanLemons

    Team Panda

    Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read


  20. #20
    kiss the ring

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    30,281
    Rep Power
    8931

    Re: Ask Superman

    who would win in a fight - Ronnie from Jersey Shore or Tom Brady?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •