Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (23rd January 2012)

Gervinho's Forehead

Status

Raw WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (23rd January 2012)

Monday Night Raw - 23rd January 2012

Are CM Punk's Days As Champion Numbered?
    Since June, CM Punk has not been short of words to say about John Laurinaitis. Since then, Laurinaitis has attained an even higher position of power in the WWE as the Interim General Manager of Raw and the rivalry between Punk and Laurinaitis has been getting more heated. Last week on Raw seemed to be the breaking point, with Laurinaitis, usually a composed individual, freely admitting that he was going to screw CM Punk out of the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble. CM Punk's words have proved controversial in the past, but was his verbal tirade of Laurinaitis last week one step too far? And will it end up costing the WWE Champion when he faces Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Championship on the 29th January at the Royal Rumble?

Also on Raw
    With this being the last episode of Raw before the 2012 Royal Rumble, expect to see several superstars claim why they are favourites to win. Which wrestlers will gain some last-minute momentum leading into the Royal Rumble? Last week on Raw, John Cena found out that he would be facing his tormentor, Kane, at the Royal Rumble. Will Kane continue to play mind-games on Cena, or can Cena rise above the hate that Kane brings? Also last week, we saw Zack Ryder lose the US Championship he worked so hard to gain at the hands of Jack Swagger. The match was not without controversy as Ryder was not medically cleared to compete, but the decision stood. Will Ryder find out when he can expect his mandatory rematch? Chris Jericho continues to confound the WWE and its fans by doing nothing and saying nothing except pander to the crowd. Will we get any motives for his bizarre actions? And speaking of bizarre, will we see more of the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay? Find out all this and more as Raw makes its last stop before the 2012 Royal Rumble.

WC's Hot WWE Threads
    Discuss SmackDown here
    Discuss NXT here
    Should Dolph Ziggler ditch Vickie Guerrero?
    What do you think of Brodus Clay's debut and gimmick?
    Vote for your top 25 WWE Matches of 2011 here

Last week's Raw was awesome and I can't wait to see what they do this week. It's the go-home show before the Rumble so I'm expecting a strong show.

Tommy Got Hacked

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Discussion (23rd January 2012)

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

GMT Admin

Status

You know what I'd love them to do, have a match to decide who get's #30, the more build to the rumble the better.

That closing segment was great and I don't think Ace has got enough credit for turning around his fortunes. I HATED the guy when he came in as Raw GM, but now, he's become somewhat entertaining.

Gervinho's Forehead

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You know what I'd love them to do, have a match to decide who get's #30, the more build to the rumble the better.

That closing segment was great and I don't think Ace has got enough credit for turning around his fortunes. I HATED the guy when he came in as Raw GM, but now, he's become somewhat entertaining.
    I found Laurinaitis unbearable to begin with but over the past 2 months he's been really entertaining and last week was his best performance ever - even before the final segment (telling Eve to shut up was great, for example).

Tommy Got Hacked

Gervinho's Forehead

Status

When was the last time they revealed the number 30 entrant before the show? 2004 with Goldberg?

Tommy Got Hacked

Gervinho's Forehead

Status

I reckon they would have done it before the go-home show if they were going to do it. I think it would be cool if it was someone like Rikishi or Goldberg - dominant big guy, but they don't have a big chance of winning the Rumble. Someone like a Mark Henry or Big Show would have been a good choice.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

excited for raw it been good past weeks and royal rumble go home show awesome

This is the YES Movement

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    I reckon they would have done it before the go-home show if they were going to do it. I think it would be cool if it was someone like Rikishi or Goldberg - dominant big guy, but they don't have a big chance of winning the Rumble. Someone like a Mark Henry or Big Show would have been a good choice.
    Brodus Clay.

GMT Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Duster View Post
    Brodus Clay.
    No way, Brodus needs to be in a position where he has the ring to himself to dance, he'll come in near the start I reckon.

Tommy Got Hacked

Gervinho's Forehead

Status

Mason Ryan for number 30

I mean, who wouldn't get excited for "3 .... 2 ... 1 ...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9_HhhePio

GMT Admin

Status

Yeah he'll be on earlier rather than later.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

After Laurinaitis admitted he'd screw CM Punk at the Royal Rumble, I think they will announce he won't be the special ref for the WWE Title match tonight.

This is the YES Movement

Status

Oh come on. We all know that Brodus is eliminating Orton and Jericho.

Indy Talent

Status

With this being the last episode of Raw before the 2012 Royal Rumble, expect to see several superstars claim why they are favourites to win. Which wrestlers will gain some last-minute momentum leading into the Royal Rumble? - WHO GIVES A CLAP?!?!?! Last week on Raw, John Cena found out that he would be facing his tormentor, Kane, at the Royal Rumble. Will Kane continue to play mind-games on Cena, or can Cena rise above the hate that Kane brings? CENA WILL HIT KANE WITH EVERYTHING HE'S GOT, AND STILL LOOSE; SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE ROYAL SNOOZE, ER RUMBLE. Also last week, we saw Zack Ryder lose the US Championship he worked so hard to gain at the hands of Jack Swagger. The match was not without controversy as Ryder was not medically cleared to compete, but the decision stood. Will Ryder find out when he can expect his mandatory rematch? NO. Chris Jericho continues to confound the
    <acronym title="World Wrestling Entertainment" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">WWE</acronym>
    and its fans by doing nothing and saying nothing except pander to the crowd. Will we get any motives for his bizarre actions? NO - THEY WANT YOU TO BELLY UP FOR THE PPV. And speaking of bizarre, will we see more of the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay? GAWD, I HOPE NOT !!!! Find out all this and more as Raw makes its last stop before the 2012 Royal Rumble.
    ON CNN, THE FOUR MARX BROTHERS ARE HAVING ANOTHER DEBATE TONIGHT.... MY MONEY'S ON ZEPPO.

Sincerely,

Rawbar
    aka
    Christa

Believe

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RawBar View Post
    With this being the last episode of Raw before the 2012 Royal Rumble, expect to see several superstars claim why they are favourites to win. Which wrestlers will gain some last-minute momentum leading into the Royal Rumble? - WHO GIVES A CLAP?!?!?! Last week on Raw, John Cena found out that he would be facing his tormentor, Kane, at the Royal Rumble. Will Kane continue to play mind-games on Cena, or can Cena rise above the hate that Kane brings? CENA WILL HIT KANE WITH EVERYTHING HE'S GOT, AND STILL LOOSE; SETTING THE STAGE FOR THE ROYAL SNOOZE, ER RUMBLE. Also last week, we saw Zack Ryder lose the US Championship he worked so hard to gain at the hands of Jack Swagger. The match was not without controversy as Ryder was not medically cleared to compete, but the decision stood. Will Ryder find out when he can expect his mandatory rematch? NO. Chris Jericho continues to confound the
    <acronym title="World Wrestling Entertainment" style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; border-bottom-style: dotted; border-bottom-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); cursor: help; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); text-align: center; background-color: rgb(250, 250, 250); ">WWE</acronym>
    and its fans by doing nothing and saying nothing except pander to the crowd. Will we get any motives for his bizarre actions? NO - THEY WANT YOU TO BELLY UP FOR THE PPV. And speaking of bizarre, will we see more of the Funkasaurus, Brodus Clay? GAWD, I HOPE NOT !!!! Find out all this and more as Raw makes its last stop before the 2012 Royal Rumble.
    ON CNN, THE FOUR MARX BROTHERS ARE HAVING ANOTHER DEBATE TONIGHT.... MY MONEY'S ON ZEPPO.

Sincerely,

Rawbar
    aka
    Christa

Wait, hold on.

What?

"What's the boogeyman?"

NEWB SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Shockmaster View Post
    Mason Ryan for number 30

I mean, who wouldn't get excited for "3 .... 2 ... 1 ...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al9_HhhePio
    The theme's not so bad...the man they assigned it to? Ugh...
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

NEWB SMOD

Status

Also, I have to be honest...the last three or four Rumbles have been pretty unlucky when it comes to Wrestlemania. Hell, the last guy to win the Rumble and actually win the title at Wrestlemania was The Undertaker. Everybody else has gone on to lose their World Title main event.

Granted, you can't have every Rumble winner win their main event, as it would get rather predictable and, by transitive property, boring...but maybe this is just leading to a huge winner at this year's Rumble and an even bigger win at Wrestlemania. One can hope, anyway...
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

Thread Information