Thread: X Games Champ Sarah Burke Dies After Skiing Accident

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

X Games Champ Sarah Burke Dies After Skiing Accident

0119-sarah-burke-getty-2bn.jpg

Freestyle skiing legend Sarah Burke -- a 4-time X Games gold medal winner -- died today from injuries sustained during a recent skiing accident.

The 29-year-old Canadian crashed hard during a training session at the Park City Mountain Resort superpipe in Utah on January 10.

According to reports, Burke went into cardiac arrest shortly after the accident -- but was resuscitated and airlifted to a nearby hospital ... where she underwent major surgery to repair a tear in a major artery.

But Sarah's injuries proved to be too severe and she was placed on life support. Sarah's publicist confirms she died today, surrounded by her family and loved ones.

She is survived by her husband, fellow freestyle skier Rory Bushfield.
    Wow so sad, it's a risk these people take everytime they do extreme sports. RIP.

DD Touches my privates

Status

Re: X Games Champ Sarah Burke Dies After Skiing Accident

What a way to go out. Sucks though. At least she died doing what she loved.

RIP

▐▐▐

Status

Figured she wasn't going to make it. Sad that her quest to get this added to the Olympics was finally accomplished and she won't live to see it.

Still wondering what and how exactly this happened though. Based on the reports she landed the trick and then fell. Usually that wouldn't even lead to a minor injury let alone death. It is one thing if she botched it in mid-air and came down hard but to fall while on ground after a landed trick? Something just isn't adding up to me with that. Did she not have her helmet on or something and hit a patch of hard snow or ice with her head? I highly doubt she would have been that careless but something just seems odd about the fact that witnesses have said she landed a trick and then fell.
    Last edited by SPIN!; 01-22-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Do you know me?

Status

Loved Sarah Burke. I'm a big fan of snow and winter sports and she was a favorite of mine. I was devastated when I heard this. I'll bet she wouldn't have wanted it any other way than doing what she loved.

R.I.P.

Thread Information