Page 1 of 51 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Currently Watching - Redux

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Currently Watching - Redux

Ok, so in the interest of sparking some more conversation here in the Entertainment section, I have decided to close the old Currently Watching thread because let's face it, the thing is simply a spam-fest. I appreciate the fact that the members here have such a diverse and varied interest in television programming and welcome the opportunity to talk about the shows that we're all watching. However, its hard to chat about those things when someone simply types the name of whatever they're watching and then leaves. In real life, do you have a conversation with your friend and simply say "Impact Wrestling" or "Star Trek" and move on? Of course you don't, you talk about why you like it or maybe just mention something funny that happened in the episode. I'm not going to be strict in here, but I'd love to see just a little more than the usual (insert show name here) posts.

I'll start off as an example of what I'm looking for here....

I'm currently watching Star Trek: TOS - A Piece of the Action

A really funny episode where the crew end up on a planet that has modeled themselves after gangsters. Highlights include Kirk trying to drive a car and Spock attempting to fix an old school radio.

See, that's not so bad is it? Even if you're watching a sporting event you can still participate in here and just mention the score or which team is looking better. It only takes a couple of extra seconds but we may all learn more about each other and get even closer to being that big happy family that we're capable of being.

On Vacation

Status

Re: Currently Watching - Redux

watching The Shield S04E05

a very good cop show, much like The Wire, just much more entertaining than it. Every character has a good story behind him/her, and things happen as much inside the police dept. as much outside it. Recommended for crime/thriller fans.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by heel316 View Post
    watching The Shield S04E05

a very good cop show, much like The Wire, just much more entertaining than it. Every character has a good story behind him/her, and things happen as much inside the police dept. as much outside it. Recommended for crime/thriller fans.
    I agree, it was a good show and definitely up my alley considering the "grit" factor it had. Glad to see someone jumping into this already, let's hope more show up soon.

DD Touches my privates

Status

Commando

Thanks to Fuji's review. I have wanted to watch it since reading it. Cheesy action at its best.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Mrs. Fuji and I are sitting down to watch an episode of Batman: The Animated Series because she'd never seen it before and I was telling her how good it was. We're going to check out "Heart of Ice" which is one of the better episodes (if not the best one). It actually won an Emmy award for writing so yeah, obviously its good. I'll report back what she thought of it.

Status

Lakers/Clippers recap from last night

Seems like the Lakers' frontcourt couldn't stop Griffin like they did to Stoudemire, Gasol, Jefferson, etc. Clippers' whole starting lineup looked really strong against the Lakers, and CP3 just wouldn't stop coming, probably a kick to the shin of the whole Lakers team since they could've landed CP3 if David Stern didn't step in

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    Lakers/Clippers recap from last night

Seems like the Lakers' frontcourt couldn't stop Griffin like they did to Stoudemire, Gasol, Jefferson, etc. Clippers' whole starting lineup looked really strong against the Lakers, and CP3 just wouldn't stop coming, probably a kick to the shin of the whole Lakers team since they could've landed CP3 if David Stern didn't step in
    I don't even watch that much basketball but I hate the Lakers with a passion and love Blake Griffin, so I was quite happy to see the outcome of the game.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Commando

Thanks to Fuji's review. I have wanted to watch it since reading it. Cheesy action at its best.
    Aww, watching it because of ME? That's so awesome, and the movie is too.

"We'll take Cook's car...he WON'T be needing it."

DD Touches my privates

Status

I am on to Avenging Angelo. It is the one Stallone movie I haven't seen. So far so good, it is definitely a Stallone film.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Reporting back that Mrs. Fuji really enjoyed Batman: TAS - Heart of Ice and thought it was very well written and kind of sad, which is true. We've moved on to the two part Two Face episode now.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Psych - Neil Simon's Lover's Retreat (609)
    God the beginning with the couple just make me want to puke all over the carpet. But the bet with the guys over who can get a number first is funny. Lassie needs a new pick up line though. Chelsea needs to be smacked upside the head.

(Cause you all love me...lol)

GMT Admin

Status

I watched Gran Torino last night with my dad (yes I'm aware that doesn't count as Currently watching, suck it), here's what he had to say about the film:

Overrated cars, those Gran Torino's

I think he missed the point of the film. I really enjoyed it.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I watched Gran Torino last night with my dad (yes I'm aware that doesn't count as Currently watching, suck it), here's what he had to say about the film:

Overrated cars, those Gran Torino's

I think he missed the point of the film. I really enjoyed it.
    For sure, it was one of the best movies I saw that year and I still enjoy watching it. Think I've seen it about 5 times and it is quite powerful. Also, I'm glad you brought that up because yes, you don't have to be currently watching whatever it was to talk about it. Perhaps recently watched would be more appropriate.

I am watching the Texans/Ravens game but again, its just not holding my interest so I think I'm going to turn it off and put on To Sir, With Love (1967 film with Sidney Poitier).

On Vacation

Status

Melancholia - 5.5/10

very bore movie, slow movie much like The Tree of Life, not many people will like it for sure, some scenes were fine with the planet thing

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status

American Pie 2 -Funny movie. My favorite scene is where they are at the lesbians' house and the kids hear them on their walkie talkies. Probably my favorite of the entire series!

"I wouldn't titty bang any of you in a snow storm"

Cult of Fuji

Status

Watching Full Metal Alchemist Season 1 episode 23 and 24

good action in a anime series. Great overall show to begin with which draws you in to their world.

TEAM CYRUS

Killing It.

Status

Thank you Fuji! This is what a Currently Watching thread should be!

I'm watching the newest episode of Supernatura currently, Dean's been brought back to the 40's and is working with Eliot Ness, so yeah it's pretty cool. I love anything based in the 40-50-60's really and I love Supernatural so it would be hard for me to not like this.

I did however just watch the Napolean Dynamite cartoon a little while ago and that is just bad.

Believe

Status
    Right now I'm watching Kevin Hart: Laugh At My Pain

This man is such a genius. I believe this was the stand up that was in select theaters last year but its now on Comedy Central. ****ing hilarious. Been following Kevin's work since I first saw him in that OVERRATED film that is The 40 Year Old Virgin. This is great stuff.

Shabazzketball

Status

Tosh.0Daniel Tosh is one my favorite comedians and I love his show. I'm watching the episode from season 3 or 2 with the "make it snow" girl. Excited for the new season coming back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    I would much rather please God than men.

Believe

Status
    Finally watched Donald Glover's stand up, "Weirdo" on Comedy Central. ****ing fantastic. This man is incredibly funny. Great rapper also. As CaptainC probably knows already.

Highly recommend checking out that stand up. Great stuff.

Thread Information