Page 1 of 39 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion - January 19th, 2012

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion - January 19th, 2012

Don't miss Thursday's TNA IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 9/8c as the road to the February "Against All Odds" continues! Who will get the shot at the World Heavyweight Championship at the PPV? What will Sting decide? If you can't watch it on Thursday night, make sure to set your DVR to record it so you don't miss any of the Total Nonstop Action!

Here is a preview of Thursday's broadcast:

- After beating Kurt Angle, "Cowboy" James Storm is the new #1 contender to the World Heavyweight Championship! Storm will be on Thursday's broadcast to talk about finally getting revenge on Angle, and his pending rematch for the World Title against former friend and tag team partner, current champion Bobby Roode!

- Speaking of Roode, he was able to retain the title against Jeff Hardy (thanks to another assist by Bully Ray). How will Hardy react to getting cheated out of his chance at reclaiming the World Title? Is "The Charismatic Enigma" about to take his war with Roode to a whole new level? Tune in Thursday night to find out!

- AND…what will "The Icon" Sting have to say about Roode's actions in the bout against Hardy? Will the General Manager address the World Title controversy on Thursday's broadcast?

- Also on IMPACT WRESTLING, there will be a Knockouts Steel Cage Match as Mickie James battles Madison Rayne inside the unforgiving steel structure! Is Mickie James about to go "Hardcore Country" on the princess of the Knockouts Division, Madison Rayne?

- Plus, "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles will take on Gunner (with "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair) on Thursday night! Will Styles become the latest victim of Gunner, or will "The Phenomenal One" put an end to Gunner's path of destruction?

All this and much more on Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV, plus more news on the upcoming "Against All Odds" Pay-Per-View event!
    Is everyone here? Is everyone ready? Ready for what you ask? Why, ready to ROCK this MF'er out like the Hulkster!!!!

Come on, you know deep down inside that you all want to rock just like that, and what better place to do it than the most rocking, raucous LD on WC? I hope to see lots of fresh faces in here on Thursday night, along with the usual gang of awesome people. In fact, I hear tell that BVD is taking the night off to party with us and Viper has also promised to attend. I'm sure Cyrus will be here kicking ass and taking names, while Full Metal will be drooling over Madison. Speaking of Madison, she's in a cage match against Mickie James, which means Epic Andy will probably be here as well since we know he loves the KO's (and who can blame him?). Since Storm's on the show I can only assume our resident Redneck Jesus fan Death Dealer is going to be here as well. Last week we also had some nice contributions from some newer members including wwefrank and Austin Aries himself! Wow, our LD really is getting popular eh? So let's keep bringing it this week and kick all new kinds of ass.

I'm actually looking forward to that cage match even though it probably won't get a whole lot of time. AJ/Gunner could be great too but I cannot see them letting Gunner do the concrete piledriver to him. Outside of that, I'm sure there's going to be another great Crimson/Morgan segment about Direct Auto Insurance and I'm really hoping for some more advancement in the EY/ODB love story, which in my opinion is the best story going on in wrestling right now.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion - January 19th, 2012

I am usually here work or not, but I do have the night off that night so I will be here in full BVD not just via tapatalk. We will rock, we will have fun, and Fuji will pop his cherry again (didn't think it was possible, but he said he was).

I am excited. We will have fun and Starting a new Beard for the followers of the BEARD. EY is god.

TEAM CYRUS

World Champion

Status

Hopefully Garrett Bischoff won`t be on the show

he is horrible and the storyline is both boring and illogical.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    he is horrible and the storyline is both boring and illogical.
    I'll give you boring but I don't see how its illogical considering the son is rebelling against the father. It's a classic family feud type angle.

Cult of Fuji

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'll give you boring but I don't see how its illogical considering the son is rebelling against the father. It's a classic family feud type angle.
    I would rather watch this feud on family feud than on impact

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

World Champion

Status

Storyline wise it makes sense, but i just meant that it`s stupid that he was a referee and now he is getting alot of exposure and TV time because his dad is running things while say someone like Anderson hasn`t been seen in quite sometime

Never been a big fan of nepatism in wrestling

Vern Gagne....Greg Gagne
    Ric Flair...........David Flair
    Fritz Von Erich....Mike Von Erich
    Bill Watts..........Eric Watts

And countless others.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Storyline wise it makes sense, but i just meant that it`s stupid that he was a referee and now he is getting alot of exposure and TV time because his dad is running things while say someone like Anderson hasn`t been seen in quite sometime

Never been a big fan of nepatism in wrestling

Vern Gagne....Greg Gagne
    Ric Flair...........David Flair
    Fritz Von Erich....Mike Von Erich
    Bill Watts..........Eric Watts

And countless others.
    To be honest, I'd rather see Garrett Bischoff than Ken Anderson, which pretty much sums up my feelings on Anderson to a tee. And as for the father/son thing, you can see those names but one can always counter with...

Bob Orton Jr. - Randy Orton
    Stu Hart - Bret Hart/Owen Hart
    Larry Hennig - Curt Hennig
    Dusty Rhodes - Dustin/Cody

Also, using Mike is a bad example for the Von Erich's. If you'd said Kevin, David or Kerry it would have come across as a positive thing (I'm well aware of how things turned out but I'm talking solely about their in-ring career).

World Champion

Status

To be honest, I'd rather see Garrett Bischoff than Ken Anderson, which pretty much sums up my feelings on Anderson to a tee. And as for the father/son thing, you can see those names but one can always counter with...

Bob Orton Jr. - Randy Orton
    Stu Hart - Bret Hart/Owen Hart
    Larry Hennig - Curt Hennig
    Dusty Rhodes - Dustin/Cody

Also, using Mike is a bad example for the Von Erich's. If you'd said Kevin, David or Kerry it would have come across as a positive thing (I'm well aware of how things turned out but I'm talking solely about their in-ring career).
    I used Mike Von Erich as an example over David, Kerry, or Kevin because Mike most likely never would have gotten any kind of push had his dad not been the promoter, where as the other 3 brothers had success outside of World Class wrestling.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I used Mike Von Erich as an example over David, Kerry, or Kevin because Mike most likely never would have gotten any kind of push had his dad not been the promoter, where as the other 3 brothers had success outside of World Class wrestling.
    Mike's just the exception that proved the rule that nepotism was alright in the Von Erich family though. Well Chris as well but nobody counts him. All I'm saying is that for every David Flair there is a Cody Rhodes, so its not like nepotism is altogether a bad thing. Besides, its going to exist no matter what, so we should at least be thankful it doesn't fail every single time. I still think Garrett is going to be a failure, but I'll give him a shot.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Back onto Impact. I would hope that we get some solid in ring work with little interference as possible and great EY storylines...........Wait who am I kidding this is TNA there will be loads of interference and backstage brawls and great EY storylines. Is it Thursday yet?

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    Back onto Impact. I would hope that we get some solid in ring work with little interference as possible and great EY storylines...........Wait who am I kidding this is TNA there will be loads of interference and backstage brawls and great EY storylines. Is it Thursday yet?
    If only it was, it would mean I skipped the annoying part of my week!

Believe

Status

So, I'm rewatching last weeks show and I'm loving it. 2nd best Impact I've seen in the past few months. 1st being the go-home show to Genesis (that's how a go-home show is done, IMO).

Can't wait for Thursday and for the 2nd week in a row, I will not be reading spoilers.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Viper View Post
    Can't wait for Thursday and for the 2nd week in a row, I will not be reading spoilers.
    I wish I'd avoided them but unfortunately I didn't. Still, I can at least say its going to be a great show.

Cult of Fuji

Status
    I wish I'd avoided them but unfortunately I didn't. Still, I can at least say its going to be a great show.
    Haven't found the spoilers yet don't plan on finding them anytime soon. Looking forward to Thursday as usual.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Believe

Status

Whenever something really great happens on Impact that would NEVER happen when Russo was head writer, post this picture......

Spoiler:

I'm hoping for all the LD's to be bombarded with this photo.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I've got it saved.

Believe

Status

I've got it saved.
    YES! YES! YES!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status