Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA Against All Odds - February 12th, 2012 Discussion

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

TNA TNA Against All Odds - February 12th, 2012 Discussion

On Sunday, February 12, Direct Auto Insurance presents "Against All Odds" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com! The epic event takes place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.TNA PPV events air on Time Warner Cable, Comcast, Charter Cable, Cablevision, AT&T U-Verse, Verizon FIOS, DIRECTV, Dish Network, Viewer's Choice and more.

You can also watch the PPV online at TNAOnDemand.com - easy access and great HD video quality! In addition to live PPVs, you can register at TNAOnDemand.com for JUST $3.95 for full access to all archived DVDs and past PPV events!
    The epic event will feature Jeff Hardy, Bobby Roode, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, "Cowboy" James Storm, AJ Styles, Velvet Sky, Gail Kim, Mickie James, the high-flying superstars of the X Division and many more!

Visit the official "Against All Odds" website at Direct Auto Insurance Presents: TNA Wrestling Against All Odds - Live On PPV and TNAOnDemand.com Sunday February 12th

Watch IMPACT WRESTLING every Thursday night at 9/8c on SpikeTV for news on Against All Odds and match announcements!

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the PPV? I assume that based on the images on the poster we'll be getting a triple threat match between Hardy, Storm and Roode for the Heavyweight Championship. It seemed to me they were setting up a Velvet Sky/Gail Kim match at Genesis as well, so their inclusion on the poster also makes sense. Outside of that, I'm thinking there's a possibility of a rematch for the tag titles between Joe/Magnus and Crimson/Morgan and potentially an AJ/Kaz match.

Can you guys think of any other potential matches? Also, of course we should all be here rocking out the LD and trying to set another record. Last Sunday's Genesis was an all time high for us and hell, we were higher than Hardy in there. It was great times and I hope there will be a whole lot more of them on February 12th!

Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Status

Re: TNA Against All Odds - February 12th, 2012 Discussion

I guess this means that Angle is finally done with wrestling for awhile as he goes to focus more on his Olympic training (which he should be). I don't get however why they gave Angle such a cheap victory then if they're going to put Storm into the title picture. One would think that it would lead to another match between the two, but I guess not after looking at this poster.

Velvet/Gail is great, I don't recall Velvet getting her title rematch at all after she lost it to Gail Kim. The match itself should be great if you know what I mean

I'm still wondering when Crimson and Morgan will turn on each other, you can't even tell the two were feuding in the first place now.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Andy View Post
    I'm still wondering when Crimson and Morgan will turn on each other, you can't even tell the two were feuding in the first place now.
    I'd wager that the match where they lose the titles will see Morgan pinned while Crimson is unable to help him. This will lead Crimson to be pissed off at Morgan and start a feud.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I'd wager that the match where they lose the titles will see Morgan pinned while Crimson is unable to help him. This will lead Crimson to be pissed off at Morgan and start a feud.
    Thus he can still claim to be never pinned and we will get another boring match that puts not only the crowd to sleep but those watching at home. Go get a few cases of 5 hour energy.
    Last edited by Wang Chung; 01-11-2012 at 03:47 PM.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

At this moment the confirmed matches for the show are....

"The Phenomenal" AJ Styles vs Kazarian (w/Christopher Daniels)

TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    Matt Morgan & Crimson (champions) vs. Samoa Joe & Magnus

X-DIVISION TITLE MATCH
    Austin Aries (champion) vs Alex Shelley

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
    Gail Kim (champion) vs Tara

#1 CONTENDER'S MATCH - X DIVISION
    Jesse Sorensen vs Zema Ion

I'm amazed that there's actually two X-Division matches on the card, though one is obviously going to be a lot better than the other. I'm really looking forward to Shelley/Aries and hope they get a little time to work some magic. Glad to see the tag team titles being defended in a rematch and I expect Joe/Magnus to go over this time. Styles/Kaz should also be great, along with the KO's Title match. So far this show is shaping up good on paper, so let's hope it delivers.

Big Guy Admin

Status

That looks the most solid TNA undercard I've seen for a while, the tag match might be touch or go, but all the others should be good. Kaz/AJ and Aries/Shelley could tear the house down given time.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That looks the most solid TNA undercard I've seen for a while, the tag match might be touch or go, but all the others should be good. Kaz/AJ and Aries/Shelley could tear the house down given time.
    One thing about the tag match that will work in its favour is how its been consistently booked since Genesis. The Joe/Magnus vs. Crimson/Morgan story has been compelling since before that PPV, but lately its gotten a shot in the arm and I expect good things from the match itself.

Big Guy Admin

Status

Oh it wasn't a booking thing, just personal preference on those in the tag match, I'm only really a fan of Joe in the ring, the other 3 I'm not crazy on. The X-Division matches and AJ/Kaz I'm very into and Gail Kim and the KO's are putting the WWE to shame at the moment, hence why I prefer them, to the tag match.

I mean, I can't give TNA that much credit.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I mean, I can't give TNA that much credit.
    Well, you COULD if you wanted to. Magnus is actually a lot better when paired with Joe. Crimson and Morgan can suck it though.

ITM

Status

Solid card so far. I think Magnus/Joe team rocks

Brush off my shoulders, but not 'cause it's colder
    Will it get better, now that we're older?
    Remember the feeling, a deeper emotion
    To be high as a mountain, as deep as the ocean

OOO YEAAAAAAH

Cliff 'Em All

Status

I'd prefer Magnus/Williams but Joe not being jobbed every week is nice.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Rather hoping Shelley/Aries and Kaz/AJ both get around 15 mins to do their thing because those two could honestly be early MOTYC if given the right time and booking.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Rather hoping Shelley/Aries and Kaz/AJ both get around 15 mins to do their thing because those two could honestly be early MOTYC if given the right time and booking.
    With the addition of the main event (potentially a four way match for the Heavyweight Championship) that only puts the total at six matches. Granted they could probably add another one (TV Title, Garrett Bischoff vs. someone, possibly Gunner) that would take the total to 8. That being the case, I could see Shelley/Aries getting about 12-15 and Kaz/AJ getting the same. Let's hope that this is the case.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

this show just seems like such a throwaway show dont expect much from it at all after meh genesis i dont think this will be any better but i could be wrong

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wwefrank View Post
    this show just seems like such a throwaway show dont expect much from it at all after meh genesis i dont think this will be any better but i could be wrong
    Um, are you looking at the card? And for the record, Genesis was hardly meh.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wwefrank View Post
    so...Aries vs. Shelley and AJ vs. Kaz sounds throwway to you? so hard to please these days

Mid-Card Champion

Status

yeah fuji genesis was ok and no i mean that everything is leading to a bigger show there nothing on this show that going to change hands or something big going to happen like a lockdown etc the next two ppvs are just filler till we get to lockdown. The card is pretty good for against all odds but what really is going to end on that night nothing aries will win aj v kaz ending in dq or no contest and fatal four way roode going to win plus it in the impact zone also lol

Status

Card looks good on paper, but that's usually the case with most of TNA's pay per views.

Good on paper - bad showing.

Out of all the matches, Kaz/AJ intrigues me the most. Not really sure how the feud started since I rarely catch TNA, but the competitors in the match are both aces.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PY View Post
    Card looks good on paper, but that's usually the case with most of TNA's pay per views.

Good on paper - bad showing.
    Honestly, outside of the Hardy/Sting mess, the Jarrett/Angle headlock and the Morgan/Crimson elbows, I can't think of anything TNA has done in recent memory that's been worse in product than on paper.

Cult of Fuji

Status

I still think this card is better than most and looks to be their best of the year.

TEAM CYRUS

Thread Information