Thread: HELP!!! Total nub with photoshop

CAAAAAAAAARL!

Status

HELP!!! Total nub with photoshop

So I decided I wanted to actually try to get decent at using photoshop as I was always a very good artist back in the day and I feel like once I actually figured this fuggin thing out I would be half way decent at it. The problem is you almost seem to take a friggin college course to figure this bitch out. For example, I am trying to make some animated GIFS. After I finally figured out that you have to convert the video to get it to show (which I did) I started to edit the video into gif size format, but I accidently X'd off the layers tab which went from left to right. You know, the way it should be. So once I finally figured out how to get the layers tab back its now up and down, not left and right.

If someone knows how to fix that I would appreciate it, but mainly what I am looking for is the best and easiest to follow guide on how to use photoshop.

I am running Photoshop cs5.1

Any help would be appreciated.

DD

On Vacation

Status

Re: HELP!!! Total nub with photoshop

Just look up tutorials on various shizzle you might be interested in making - posters, tags, edits, etc. With enough practice and repetition, you'll learn techniques by heart and be able to work faster. Sounds like what you need for, however, is a map of the program. Tutorials don't always have the most detail, but I'm sure you can download some manuals and what-not for PS as a beginner.

As for .GIFs, with ImageReady gone since the CS4 pack, I myself would use Fireworks or Flash. While PS can do it, it's a lot slower.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    So I decided I wanted to actually try to get decent at using photoshop as I was always a very good artist back in the day and I feel like once I actually figured this fuggin thing out I would be half way decent at it. The problem is you almost seem to take a friggin college course to figure this bitch out. For example, I am trying to make some animated GIFS. After I finally figured out that you have to convert the video to get it to show (which I did) I started to edit the video into gif size format, but I accidently X'd off the layers tab which went from left to right. You know, the way it should be. So once I finally figured out how to get the layers tab back its now up and down, not left and right.

If someone knows how to fix that I would appreciate it, but mainly what I am looking for is the best and easiest to follow guide on how to use photoshop.

I am running Photoshop cs5.1

Any help would be appreciated.

DD
    I learned alot from a forum called outlineforums.com
    Please FOLLOW & LIKE my social media! You could win money!

GMT Admin

Status

When I tried to learn the basics of graphics and gifs, I used to search youtube for tutorial videos, I think it's easier to pick up if you can see a video walkthrough.

No Such Luck

Status

As CAPS said, ImageReady is probably the best for GIFS (tbh, didn't know PS could do them). With Photoshop, tutorials are your best friend to get used to the tools and basic effects, but don't underestimate the power of figuring stuff out without them once you have the basics down. Also in most cases, the Pen Tool is your best friend.

If you need any help and you have MSN, just add me and i'd be happy to go into further detail if you need it.

Latest:

Thread Information