5 20.00%
  • F--Sucked bad

4 16.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grade TNA for 2011

Cult of Fuji

Status

Grade TNA for 2011

Alright folks we rang in the new year 2011 is officially behind us. Lets look back at TNA in 2011 and give it a grade.

State your points for your choice and lets hope that we have another great year watching TNA.

I gave TNA a C for the year because the first half of the year was pretty abysmal. They picked things up and the second half has been pretty good.

*Roode winning the the Heavyweight Title is a win for them and making him a dick heel is a plus.
    *Less Hogan and Bischoff in the second half of the year is also a win.
    *Sting--He has had a decent year but he started to shine when he became the Joker Sting IMO and now in his role as GM.
    *ERIC FREAKING YOUNG- possibly the greatest comedic performer in wrestling right now and he seems to love what he is doing, plus he attacked Scott Baio.
    *The ratings have been steady this year and really have not dipped below 1 for the year which I think is an improvement for the company....its a very slow growth but it is growth.
    *Bruce Pritchard being put in charge of the Creative team is also a win as this gives less power to on Vince Russo.

These are all things that have helped TNA this past year for me. What do the rest of you think?

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Re: Grade TNA for 2011

I also went with C for pretty much all the reasons you mentioned but also for the awesome potential shown in the recent KO's matches. I enjoyed the BFG series even though it was a little convoluted, Bully Ray has been a revelation all year and the Lockdown PPV was better than I expected, particularly the Lethal Lockdown match which I thoroughly enjoyed. I think if TNA continues to focus on the Roode stuff and moves Storm into a full on feud with him then they can solidify themselves for pretty much the first half of the year. Then its up to them to continue the momentum, keep working on building new stars and emphasize what makes them different. Wrestling matters, so let's hope they stick to it.

Of course they could put the title on Hardy this Sunday and blow it all again.

Cult of Fuji

Status

I don't think Pritchard and the rest of TNA are that stupid, but you know we could have Hardy as the new Champ come Sunday evening.

Another thing that made 2011 great was all the Steiner and Bully Ray promos together. YOURE FAT.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

It would be nice if those who voted Perfect and OK with no hope could post their reasoning.

Cult of Fuji

Status

It might be Jericho trolling us again

TEAM CYRUS

NEWB MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Of course they could put the title on Hardy this Sunday and blow it all again.
    That right there pretty much summed up my thoughts.

C was a fair grade in my estimation. They really sucked balls early this year, but have seemed to turn things around with the development of Roode and Storm as main eventers and all the other things. The TV Title's still worthless, the tag team division still sucks balls, but there's definitely a lot to be excited about for 2012.

I think the BFG series is a solid idea, but it definitely needs tweaking. But still, it's a viable option for determining the champion's challenger at Bound for Glory, as the guy who does win it will have looked like he deserved it (unless he was a heel and cheated to win it all, but that's fine too.)

All in all, I look forward to TNA in 2012...unless they put the belt on Hardy at Genesis.

God help them if they put the belt on Hardy at Genesis.
    The Manliest Motherfucker Who Ever Lived:

NEWB MOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    It might be Jericho trolling us again
    God damn trolls. This is what happens when you feed them after midnight.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    God damn trolls. This is what happens when you feed them after midnight.
    Isn't that Gremlins?

NEWB MOD

Status

Isn't that Gremlins?
    Trolls, gremlins, they're all mythical creatures whose sole reason for existing is antagonizing humanity.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Isn't that Gremlins?
    Its actually Mogwai that you don't feed after midnight if you do they turn into Gremlins (nerd moment). Had to say it. Got the movie for christmas and Mrs. BVD has yet to see the movie.

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BVD View Post
    Its actually Mogwai that you don't feed after midnight if you do they turn into Gremlins (nerd moment). Had to say it. Got the movie for christmas and Mrs. BVD has yet to see the movie.
    Wow, I can't even imagine watching it for the first time, that would be so awesome. Let me know how she finds it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

i give tna 2011 a D-. I think tna first half the year saw some not so good tv and there ppvs were pretty horrible especially Victory Road 2011. I would have given tna a D+ to C this year but jeff hardy 1min main event against sting lowers my grade. I think tna second half was better tv wise but there ppvs are still really bad and being in the impact zone really devalues the product and makes them look ver bush league. I really think tna need to have at least a B year and there ratings need to start improving because they have been the same for 4 years now there needs to be growth but all in all tna as a promotion was pretty bad this year apart from a few highlights with hopefully some potential to grow this year. I stick to my D- which is below average but it would have been far worse an E or F if the shows didnt improve. I think ppvs deserve a D also most of them have been throw away ppvs or undelivered apart from a few like lockdown and bound for glory was ok. If tna wants to challenge wwe they need to create some buzz just like what the wwe have done this week with whole jerico angle it got people talking. Tna just dont have that it factor yet it just plain old impact wrestling in the ugly impact zone

Cliff 'Em All

Status

I went with C for the same reasons as ol Bob Van Dam.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

gonna kill you

Status

Talent is only worth something when it's utilized properly. TNA doesn't do that. I will say good on TNA for flabbergasting me with Sting vs. Hogan. It was actually really good for what it was and I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Complaints toward the lack of a good tag team division or Television title picture are warranted. Crimson. Sting's awful joker gimmick. Anderson wasted. D-Von and Pope remembering to finish their feud. Garrett Bischoff. Getting Angle's kids involved in the Jarretts' storyline. Family angle oversaturation. Plenty of other things.

You know, a year ago I would have told you TNA had tons of potential. This year I realized potential doesn't mean ****.

This is getting depressing, I'm done.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I went F used to love tna until hogan and Eric came I stopped watching midway through last year then I found out roode was champ and started watching then they turned him heel then hardy came back and stopped watching again

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The beast333 View Post
    I went F used to love tna until hogan and Eric came I stopped watching midway through last year then I found out roode was champ and started watching then they turned him heel then hardy came back and stopped watching again
    Roode turned heel when he became the champ, not before.

Thanks for trying though.

Believe

Status
    Don't you hate it when WRESTLING FANS stop watching wrestling only because a certain superstar returned?

I find it pathetic.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

I voted C, though it'd be more of a C-. It was okay, with hope. Roode, Storm, etc. being pushed are huge steps in the right direction. Unfortunately stuff like Hardy at VR, Sting until he became GM, Angle/Jarrett, etc. has been horrible.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Go Titans

Status

I voted F. For the simple fact that everything I seen from TNA this year completely sucked. I stopped watching whenever around the time Sting turned into the Joker for the simple fact that I found it unbearable to watch. The way they booked Roode, and James Storm after BFG was retarded but it was fresh talent and that's the only thing I liked the whole year with what I saw from TNA. Granted I watched until june or so but I'm telling you guys no matter how much potential you think this company has; it's always going to go away. Just when you start to have hope they yank it away from you. I enjoy my Thursday nights now that I don't watch impact but I must say one positive thing about TNA because I hate to be so negative. TNA is without the best Wrestling show on Spike TV on Thursday nights

Believe

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WCApproved View Post
    I voted F. For the simple fact that everything I seen from TNA this year completely sucked. I stopped watching whenever around the time Sting turned into the Joker for the simple fact that I found it unbearable to watch. The way they booked Roode, and James Storm after BFG was retarded but it was fresh talent and that's the only thing I liked the whole year with what I saw from TNA. Granted I watched until june or so but I'm telling you guys no matter how much potential you think this company has; it's always going to go away. Just when you start to have hope they yank it away from you. I enjoy my Thursday nights now that I don't watch impact but I must say one positive thing about TNA because I hate to be so negative. TNA is without the best Wrestling show on Spike TV on Thursday nights
    Then I guess you haven't watched TNA over the past few months. I think TNA right now is far from deserving of an F. The lowest, a C.

Thread Information