Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Off Season Thread

Internet Favorite

Status

NFL Off Season Thread

The Buccaneers fired Raheem Morris

The Rams fired coach Steve Spagnuolo and general manager Billy Devaney

Santonio Holmes days with the Jets are numbered. With his attitude, he's going to play himself out of the league

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian and general manager Chris Polian are out in Indianapolis, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

"Normally, I’m a guy that really has the pulse of this team, and I don’t think I had the pulse of the team the way I’ve done in the past," Ryan said at a news conference. "When I met with players, I think that became clear to me."
    If you don't have the "pulse" then you should get fired

Bears fire GM Jerry Angelo and OC Mike Martz won't return

Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie announced Tuesday that coach Andy Reid will return in 2012 for his 14th season as the team's coach.

Norv Turner will return as coach of the Chargers
    Last edited by Suntan Superman; 01-07-2012 at 03:50 AM.

Creepy Lunatic

Status

Re: NFL off season thread (non playoff teams)

Bad choices of words there.With those words, I put him and his Jets on the hot seat going into next year!

Internet Favorite

Status

Rex on the hot seat already? Nah. It will take a couple more years of poor showings to get him out. He's already brought the Jets to the AFC Championship game twice. His third season they go 8-8 and people want to talk about how he could be on the heat seat next year? I think that's a bit overreacting.

~!~

Status

"A.J. Smith is the best man to improve our roster." -Dean Spanos

I don't think I've laughed this hard in quite sometime.

Too big. Too strong. Too fast. Too good.

-----------------

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lghikas View Post
    Rex on the hot seat already? Nah. It will take a couple more years of poor showings to get him out. He's already brought the Jets to the AFC Championship game twice. His third season they go 8-8 and people want to talk about how he could be on the heat seat next year? I think that's a bit overreacting.
    Do you read the statement?, if my coach said that I would fire him on the spot.

MizDow

Status

Not surprised that Norv is staying, I never expected him to be fired. He has this next year to prove he deserves an extension though.

WC's Bad Boy

Status

Finishing first in their division for three consecutive years and eventually finishing second in two straight years, be thankful that he's not having the same stint that he had while he was in Oakland or else, they would canned him.
    Last edited by Doom; 01-03-2012 at 09:15 PM.

~!~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Deonte View Post
    Not surprised that Norv is staying, I never expected him to be fired. He has this next year to prove he deserves an extension though.
    An extension? Are you kidding? The dude has next year to prove if he deserves to ever be a head coach again. He has never had a good track record as a coach and only had 3 straight playoff appearances with Marty's players. Last two years have been awful by any and all considerations. His teams just lack fire and passion. They fire Marty after a 14-2 season, but keep Norv after two straight years w/out playoffs. Norval must give some pretty good head behind the scenes.

Then there's AJ Smith. Yeah, lets resign Jeromy Clary for 12 million, but let Darren Sproles walk for less than that. Good call. Lets not sign VJax long term. Lets go out and sign Bob Sanders who had one good season 3 years ago and can't stay healthy for one series, let alone a whole season. And on top of that, lets not draft a player in the last 3 years who's been worth anything. He's only had TWO decent picks (Vasquez and Mathews) in 3 years. That's beyond awful. He had good drafts from 04-07 with guys like Rivers, Kaeding, Merriman, Phillips, Hardwick, Sproles, VJax, Castillo, etc, but he's just lost his touch.

Both should have been canned tbh. They need to make a splash in free agency to get some good depth going or they are screwed.

-----------------

DD Touches my privates

Status

I'm glad the Bears finally got rid of Jerry Angelo and hopefully the new GM will get rid of Lovie too. Mike Martz being gone makes me happy as well because the Bears have NEVER been a good passing team, they've always been a running team. I see them losing Matt Forte because they refuse to give him the money and extension he deserved. One of these days the Bears may make it back to the Super Bowl with a GM that will get an offensive line either through the draft or free agency. Maybe some good wide receivers too.

Internet Favorite

Status

Hue Jackson fired as coach of the Raiders

Feed me less. Way less.

Status

Hoping the Bucs can get Perry Fewell as their next head coach or the Niners' defensive coordinator. Marty Schottenheimer has been interviewed and I always liked him (he got a raw deal, being fired after a 14-2 season in San Diego), but I worry that the game might have past him by since he's been gone. Mike Sherman has also been interviewed, but I really think they need a defensive guy. Their D was absolute sh*t this season. Wade Phillips is definitely not the answer. Luckily he decided to not interview for the job. He's proved he's a good D coordinator, but not head coach material.

And Mel Kiper is smoking crack. He has Tampa taking Trent Richardson with the 5th overall pick. Apparently he forgot how good of a season LeGarrette Blount had last year. There's no way in hell they don't draft Morris Claiborne to replace Ronde. Then they need a linebacker in the 2nd. They didn't seem to make any effort with all their cap money to improve the team in the offseason. They let Barrett Ruud go without a fight which was their first mistake. Maybe LaMichael James is there in the 3rd round. That's the earliest they should be thinking running back.
    Last edited by PunkY2JZiggler; 01-22-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Credit: ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com

No

Status

Mel Kiper doesn't know ****, he talks out of his ass constantly.

Bucs need to take Blackman if they can or Moris Claiborne.

I might make up a first round mock later.

#unbanlemons

Status

The worst part about Mel Kiper, is he's still way better than Todd McShay

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read

~!~

Status

^Rofl, I was going to say the same thing until I saw your post.

Every time these two are brought up, I can't help think of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m9ZlXAQKwU

-----------------

WC's Bad Boy

Status

Roger Goodell is here to stay as commissioner of the NFL.

NEW YORK -- Now that the NFL has labor peace for the next decade, commissioner Roger Goodell has job security through the 2018 season.

Not only did Goodell get through one of the league's most contentious and troubling periods -- a 4½-month lockout of the players -- but he oversaw a highly successful season once a 10-year collective bargaining agreement was reached. On Wednesday, he reaped some rewards himself with a contract extension through March 2019.

ESPN

#unbanlemons

Status

Yay, the NFL will be dead before his contract is up.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

WC's Bad Boy

Status

The Bucs have finally hired a new coach.
    The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have finalized a five-year deal to hire Rutgers coach Greg Schiano as their new head coach.

The 45-year-old former Scarlet Knights coach was hired Thursday, more than three weeks after the Bucs fired Raheem Morris following a 4-12 record.
    PHILADELPHIA -- State police say Philadelphia Eagles tight end Brent Celek was a passenger in a car involved in an early morning DUI crash.

No one was hurt in Thursday morning's crash on a highway off-ramp near the team's stadium in South Philadelphia.

Police say the car's driver was driving too fast when he spun out and hit a concrete barrier around 2:30 a.m. The driver failed field sobriety testing and was arrested on DUI charges. Celek is not facing charges.

Celek, who turned 27 on Wednesday, released a statement through the team saying he exhibited "extremely poor judgment."

"I did not know that the person driving the car was over the legal limit, but that's not an excuse. I put my life in danger and was in a vehicle that put other people's lives in danger, and that's just not the way I operate. It will not happen again," he said in the statement, according to the Philadelphia Daily News.

Celek caught 62 passes for the Eagles last season, including five touchdown catches. He had surgeries to repair a torn labrum in his left hip and for a sports hernia earlier this month.

ESPN
    Thank God he walked away without a scratch. It could have been a lot worse for anyone, especially the stupid driver who should have never gotten behind the wheel.
    Last edited by Doom; 01-26-2012 at 09:35 PM.

~!~

Status

@ this year's HOF inductees. What a horrible class. Curtis Martin is deserving, but Cris Carter and Jerome Bettis getting snubbed over guys like Willie Roaf and Dermontti Dawson. Could have also made a case for Tim Brown and Andre Reed.

-----------------

#unbanlemons

Status

Willie Roaf and Dermotti Dawson were perhaps the best players at their respective positions for a number of years, I don't see how either of them aren't Hall of Famers. I'm more preturbed about Bill Parcells not getting in than almost anyone else, wtf is that all about?

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

~!~

Status

Yeah, Bill Parcells as well. I understand that the two were good, but for some reason I just can't see putting in too many lineman, unless you were a Orlando Pace, Larry Allen, or Bruce Matthews. To me, the guys I mentioned had far more outstanding careers, especially Carter. What a joke.

-----------------

Thread Information