Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PS Vita

Hire Russo

Status

PS Vita

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uPWxJ84j-o

Is anybody else getting this hand-held? It comes out during February I think here in the UK and US, and has already been released in Japan. I already own a PSP, and am looking to get the upgrade to Vita. Personally I wasn't too high on the touch screen, but I will probably come to like it a lot more than expected, and looking at video reviews, it seems a general positive for the device.

So, anyone else excited about the Vita? Is anybody going to buy it? What do you think of it?

Discuss.

We are not really here

Status

Re: PS Vita

Getting one. Locked in at this point. Love my PSP, pretty old now though. So I have to get this

Graphics also looking top-notch to be honest

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Believe

Status
    The much bigger screen and the touch screen really helps a lot. Yeah, I'll be getting this, definitely.

I've had my PSP since the first week it came out and it still works perfect but I wouldn't mind upgrading.

Status

Now, if video game companies actually care to put the same amount of effort into the PS Vita games as they do with the 360/PS3 games, then maybe I'll get this.

Indy Pimpin

Status

I really want this, but probably won't be getting this the first month or so it comes out. It looks really great though and I need to upgrade from my PSP that I have had since 2007.

We are not really here

Status

One thing about the PSP's though is that they are for sure reliable, I've had mine since 08 I think, and it still works perfect (Minus a pretty short battery time, unfortunately), but it never freezes, also runs smoothly and what not.

If the PSVita's like that, then this has to be bought for me

Btw, did any of you guys ever buy a PSPGO? They looked good, but more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzya View Post
    One thing about the PSP's though is that they are for sure reliable, I've had mine since 08 I think, and it still works perfect (Minus a pretty short battery time, unfortunately), but it never freezes, also runs smoothly and what not.

Btw, did any of you guys ever buy a PSPGO? They looked good, but more of a cosmetic upgrade than anything
    You can say that again.

I've had my PSP since Xmas 2005. Never had to get any support, works perfectly. In fact, I was given a copy of WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 this Xmas just gone - still getting daily usage.

Hire Russo

Status

I think looks was the only good thing going for the PSPGO, and I wasn't even sold on that. Reviews made it seem like it was difficult to hold and control, and a smaller screen on an upgrade doesn't seem to cut it. Didn't seem worth it to me.

On the topic of PSP, what are your favourite PSP games, I just bought the console recently (year ago) and would like to know any good games you play?

We are not really here

Status

I always felt that Wrestling games were 100x better on the PSP than consoles, down to the simple fact that they were more fun. Way more fun

I only really buy Sports games on the PSP I have now, but I'll change that come the PSVita

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

▐▐▐

Status

How could I possibly resist getting trophies on the toilet?

Hire Russo

Status

I always felt that Wrestling games were 100x better on the PSP than consoles, down to the simple fact that they were more fun. Way more fun

I only really buy Sports games on the PSP I have now, but I'll change that come the PSVita
    I bought Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for the PSP and it was so bad I returned it. The graphics and gameplay was just awful. I'm assuming your on about another SVR game or something? But 2011 just sucked.

We are not really here

Status

Quote Originally Posted by -3:16- View Post
    I bought Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for the PSP and it was so bad I returned it. The graphics and gameplay was just awful. I'm assuming your on about another SVR game or something? But 2011 just sucked.
    Really? SvR 06 thru 08 were awesome. I could sit and play all day, I'd probably like it though, graphics are improved over what I'm used to and Gameplay's probably the same. New roster makes me happy

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Its Cold Outside

Status

Not selling well in Japan apparently, some places are slashing the price by upto 20% to try and kickstart it.

Definition of Perfection

Status

I think I'll wait to see what games are going to be released on the device. I made the mistake in 2005 with the PSP, I purchased one without looking ahead to see what games were coming out for it, basically nothing good came out that appealed to me so it was basically a waste of money.

DD Touches my privates

Status

Hand held video games are a waste of money imo anyway. I had a PSP for about two days before selling it. Screen is way to small for me. Not like I had bought it anyway.

Indy Pimpin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Hand held video games are a waste of money imo anyway. I had a PSP for about two days before selling it. Screen is way to small for me. Not like I had bought it anyway.
    I can see your point but disagree at the same time. Yes the screen is pretty small, especially if you are used to playing games on your TV. I just liked a PSP, because when I am bored and out and about somewhere I could play. Now I don't see the need for it as much, since I have an iPhone and have games and apps on there that can keep me entertained.

DD Touches my privates

Status

I understand the appeal of them for kids and well, anyone who is a gamer. Myself, I'm just not a big gamer so I find them to be more of a waste of time and money. More power to people who do have them though and play them. I just never would have found myself playing it or spending money on games for it.

Squash Fodder

Status

I am going to wait for a price drop its too much for a handheld, I think it would be good to wait especially to see what games come out for it. Ill be using this for videos mostly, but I will eventually want some games.

▐▐▐

Status

Wednesday seems so far away. And I still have not been able to make up my mind what games I am picking up for sure. Can't remember a system that has launched with so many games I have wanted at launch. There are more games I want for this at launch than there have been for the 3DS in the close to a year it has been out

Status

just ordered one of these bitches, does it include a memory card? i'm going to use it mostly for playing PSN PS1 classics.

Thread Information