Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money in the Bank ladder match planned for WMXXVIII?!

Feed me less. Way less.

Status
    Vcash

Money in the Bank ladder match planned for WMXXVIII?!

According to F4Wonline.com, the WWE's plans right now are to bring back the MITB ladder match where it belongs, at WrestleMania. I was just having a discussion with my brother about this the other day. I said, "What is the point of them giving the winner a full year to cash it in? Nobody has ever even come close to waiting that long and we all know full well that no one ever will. They need to have Money in the Bank at Mania and get rid of the pay-per-view in July."

Well, somebody might've been listening. They could change the time period that they're allowed to cash it in to 6 months and still have the MITB ppv in October instead of Hell in a Cell if they wanted. I personally won't ever get tired of this type of match. However, first and foremost it belongs at WrestleMania and if that means getting rid of 2 extra possible MITB ladder matches later in the year, I'm fine with it.

Just wondering if this happens, which 8 guys would you like to see in the match and who do you want to see win it?

Mine would be Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Kane, R-Truth, The Miz, Sin Cara and Alberto Del Rio. With the winner being Dolph Ziggler.

If you're wondering why not Wade Barrett or Christian, I have Barrett contending for the WHC against Daniel Bryan and I think Christian should feud with Zack Ryder for the U.S. Title.

With 8 of the bigger stars competing in the same match though, I wonder where that would leave Cody Rhodes if he were still Intercontinental Champion by this time. Would they really bring Goldust as rumored to feud with Rhodes at Mania? We shall wait and see.

Credit: ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com

Internet Favorite

Status
    Vcash

Re: Please tell me this is true...Money in the Bank ladder match planned for WMXXVIII

How about no one? Because then that's potentially three briefcases running around at once.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Re: Please tell me this is true...Money in the Bank ladder match planned for WMXXVIII

They should get rid of the MITB concept.

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    They should get rid of the MITB concept.
    Definitely. Such an awful and worn out concept.

SERGIO!!!!

Status
    Vcash

It would be better if the title shot was for a set date like Summerslam and make it more like the Royal Rumble.

Squash Fodder

Status
    Vcash

I say bring back the KOTR and the winner gets a title shot at Summerslam. Imagine a KOTR tournament with Kofi, Dolph, Swagger, Ryder, Barratt, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes and Evan Bourne.

It would elevate the winner, and also give a PPV I'd be willing to spend money on. Pad out the rest of the PPV with matchest involving Christian, The Miz, Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Show, Henry, Del Rio etc. and that could be a PPV of the year/decade contender!!!

Squash Fodder

Status
    Vcash

MITB has gone on for too long. I liked the idea but it has been over done now. KOTR should come back for sure!

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

MITB is the ****ing worst. Cheap, lazy, repetitive booking. It would have been fine every other year, but every year was too much, let alone THREE a year. Shortening to 6 months just makes it worse.

Wrestling Masochist

Status
    Vcash

Pretty much what Steve said. If they're not going to do anything different, then stop doing it because seeing the same thing 2 times a year (3 in 2010) is awful and it's predictable.

Plus, ladder matches are so whored out, so I'm not a fan of the match itself nor the concept.

Feed me less. Way less.

Status
    Vcash

I think what they're afraid of is not being able to fit everyone in the card on WrestleMania. If it helps everyone see their favorite wrestler and it's a solid match like usual, I see no problem with it. Everyone wins. I do agree with Crocker though, saying the winner should get the shot at SummerSlam. I'd like to see King of the Ring make a comeback too, and the June slot is open to do it, but then I believe that's when the winner of the tournament should get their title shot too. So long story short, give the MITB winner the shot at SS only if KOTR isn't brought back.
    Last edited by PunkY2JZiggler; 12-29-2011 at 11:41 AM.

kiss the ring

Status
    Vcash

It's really lazy booking though. Instead of coming up with exciting mid-card feuds for Wrestlemania, they just think "**** it, lets just put 'em in the MITB". Boring.

Feed me less. Way less.

Status
    Vcash

You have these potential/already booked matches for Mania...

Rock vs. Cena
    Taker vs. Triple H
    WWE Title - Punk vs. Jericho
    World Title - Bryan vs. ??? (Ziggler imo)
    Shaq vs. Big Show
    Lawler's name has been mentioned for a match, because last year's left us begging for more.
    U.S. Title - Zack Ryder vs. ??? (Christian imo)
    Potential Tag Title match
    Potential Diva's title match
    Orton (if he's back soon enough) or Sheamus vs. Kane
    I.C. Title - Rhodes vs. ??? (Goldust imo)

That's 11 possible matches right there. I'm sure they'd trim at least 2 matches off the card for time purposes (hopefully the Lawler and Diva's Title match). So I'd have no problem with seeing a MITB match to get some deserving talent on the card. With me giving Ziggler the WHC contender spot now and Kane and Orton/Sheamus their own match, these would be my 8: R-Truth, The Miz, Justin Gabriel, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Wade Barrett, Sin Cara, Alberto Del Rio. Obviously replace Ryan with Sheamus if Orton returns in time. Winner: Wade Barrett.
    Last edited by PunkY2JZiggler; 12-29-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Feed me less. Way less.

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    How about no one? Because then that's potentially three briefcases running around at once.
    I don't think they'd go that route, if they did they're way bigger idiots than I ever gave them credit for. Like I said, give 'em 6 months to cash 'em in and have the MITB ppv in October, or don't have a MITB ppv at all and stick with the 1 year rule.

I'm not Merle anymore

Status
    Vcash

The only issue I have is that they've only had one proper cash in. It does lead to great moments, but at a certain point it's old. I still mark for it, but after and before I'm like.. c'mon let's have something fresh.

So I would not be opposed to both someone losing, and someone cashing in ahead of time in 2012. I think more of that will lead to more interest in it.

Well I’m still afraid
    Like a kid in the sixties
    Staring at the sky
    Waiting for the bomb to fall
    And it’s all a lie
    What they say about stability
    It scares me sometimes
    The emptiness I see in my eyes

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by epo View Post
    I say bring back the KOTR and the winner gets a title shot at Summerslam. Imagine a KOTR tournament with Kofi, Dolph, Swagger, Ryder, Barratt, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes and Evan Bourne.

It would elevate the winner, and also give a PPV I'd be willing to spend money on. Pad out the rest of the PPV with matchest involving Christian, The Miz, Cena, Orton, Punk, Bryan, Show, Henry, Del Rio etc. and that could be a PPV of the year/decade contender!!!
    *Blows brains out*

The KOTR returning would just guarantee an obvious worst PPV of the year. Go ahead and do the tournament on TV over the course of a month or two, but KOTR PPV never needs to return.

Heel Champion

Status
    Vcash

Well they could have the KOTR ppv and only have the semis and final on the PPV put the final winner the choice to challenge whichever champ they want

Royal Rumble - Fixed WM title match

MITB at wrestlemania - chance to challenge whenever

KOTR - Fixed Summerslam title match

Then I would make the survivor series a proper survival ppv - 4 teams of 4, winners get the chances to challenge for titles at TLC

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by TheSykotic1 View Post
    Well they could have the KOTR ppv and only have the semis and final on the PPV put the final winner the choice to challenge whichever champ they want
    Even then, KOTR sucked. 2001 had Kurt Angle, Christian, Rhyno and Edge and it still blew. 1998 sucked as well. 1996? ****ing sucked. What about 1997? Sucked just as hard. Lastly, 2002 went retro and...sucked.

The KOTR PPV is a black hole of suckitutude that is almost always guaranteed to have a terrible PPV and tournament. The best thing the WWE did in 2003 was getting rid of the PPV.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

Cliff 'Em All

Status
    Vcash

I miss it as a PPV, I'd literally only run the finals on the PPV though. As for Mitb, I like it I'd just rather there only be one case.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Thread Information