Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble 2012

Evil Admin.

Status

30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble 2012

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
    By: Zach Linder December 20, 2011
    Tags: Royal Rumble 2012

Almost three decades ago, the dream of WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon was made manifest with the birth of the squared circle’s most celebrated spectacle, WrestleMania. More than a quarter of a century later, 30 WWE Superstars will have the ultimate opportunity to realize their dream of performing in main event match at The Showcase of the Immortals. (WATCH: ROYAL RUMBLE 2012 PREVIEW)

They can dance on The Grandest Stage of Them All at WrestleMania XXVIII. But first, one Superstar will need to surpass the efforts of 29 opposing competitors with the same aspiration in the 2012 Royal Rumble Match.

A celebrated tradition in WWE, the Rumble began in 1988 with a relatively modest figure of 20 Superstars, but has boasted at least 30 competitors since the following year. Last year, 10 additional gladiators brought the count to 40, creating a chaotic environment ultimately won by The Mexican Aristocrat Alberto Del Rio. This year, the Rumble Match honors its heritage by reverting to the classic 30-man format that is so beloved by the WWE Universe.

A test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all costs, the Rumble Match is the definitive Battle Royal, where each Superstar’s prime objective is to propel their opponents over the top rope, with both feet touching the floor. Every 90 seconds, an additional ring warrior with a randomly drawn entry number joins the fray. In the end, the last Superstar standing can officially punch a gold-embossed ticket to Miami, where they will contend for either Raw’s WWE Championship or SmackDown’s World Heavyweight Championship.

Though luck of the draw can be a critical factor in such a high-stakes situation, past winners have included Superstars who kicked off the Rumble Match at number one (including 1995’s Shawn Michaels victory) or number two (Rey Mysterio in 2006, and The Chairman himself in 1999). Commonly considered the most desired slot, only twice has the Rumble been won by the Superstar entering at the revered number 30: The Undertaker’s sole conquest in 2007, and John Cena’s shocking return and victory at Madison Square Garden in 2008.

Surprises and other unique moments have become de rigueur for Rumble Matches, including the aforementioned John Cena victory, Edge’s similar feat in 2010, and last year’s appearances of Diesel and Booker T. Even WWE Hall of Famer Drew Carey got in on the action in 2001. In 1998, all three of Mick Foley’s personas – Cactus Jack, Mankind, and Dude Love – all entered the Rumble Match individually. One can only speculate which Legends, returning favorites, or pop culture icons may make unannounced cameos at this year’s event.

However, as the saying goes, “You have to be in it to win it.” Tune in to Raw and SmackDown, and stay logged on to WWE.com as the 25th annual Royal Rumble approaches. Then be sure to watch live on pay-per-view on Sunday, Jan. 29 at 8 ET/5 PT as this epic event defines the path of the coming year in WWE.
    What's sorta nice about this year's is that there's not that one obvious winner. With Daniel Bryan already cashing in his MITB briefcase and Cena seemingly not being in a title match at Wrestlemania, either brand could win this. If I'd have to guess some favorites:

Sheamus
    Randy Orton
    Jan 2nd guy

Fire and blood

Status

Re: 30 Man Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble 2012

If the January 2nd guy is who I think it is, then I'd say he's probably the favourite to win it but it is a lot less predictable than most years.

kiss the ring

Status

Nah, Jan 2nd guy (I think we all know who it is...) will challenge Punk at the show. Ziggler has to be a good favourite to win as well.

Tommy Got Hacked

Watch the Nazi Banksters Crimes Ripple Effect Film.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Nah, Jan 2nd guy (I think we all know who it is...) will challenge Punk at the show. Ziggler has to be a good favourite to win as well.
    I think its more likely that he will challenge Punk at Mania, I think Punk/Ziggler is more likely t happen at the Rumble.

Hometown boy Randy Orton has to be one of the favourite but due to the fact that we tend not to have repeat rumble winners these days(13 different winners in 13 years) could rule him out so other than January 2nd guy I would put Sheamus as favourite, maybe the reason they have kept him away from the World Title in the past few months is for him to challenge for the belt at WM.

Runaway Train.

Status

I have to say, I'd be sorely disappointed if they let a guy like Barrett take it. Talk about a wasted opportunity.

As aforementioned, Sheamus seems a credible runner. I can appreciate that the Rumble match is somewhat shrouded in abstruseness this time around.
    I am here to stir things up I'm here to make Friday Night SmackDown! the Monday Night RAW of Friday nights!

Status

This would be the perfect time for Dolph Ziggler to burst onto the scene by winning the Royal Rumble and challenging either Punk or Bryan for their championships, but it seems like the January 2nd guy has the Rumble marked down.

I ain't gonna beg

Status

Barrett ftw. Sheamus ftw. Jan 2nd guy potentially ftw. Ziggler ftw.

Just not Orton please. Though Orton v Bryan is definitely interesting and could rule hard.
    I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

BTB Legend

Status

I'm putting my money on Randy Orton at this stage. He's lost a lot on PPV in the past few months, and it would be classic WWE booking to beat guy heading into a major win, especially a win that seems set to lead to a successful World title challenge.

Lunatic Fringe

Status

January 2nd guy is probably most likely to win it, but I see Ziggler being a favorite to win it as well. Sheamus and Barrett are also likely favorites.

One thing I have always liked about the lead up to the Rumble is the video that they show every year with the Rumble statistics.

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Feed me less. Way less.

Status

These are my fave 5 to win it.

1. Barrett - I think he's next in line for a title shot at Bryan after Henry or Big Show (possibly both in a triple threat to give him more credibility). With it being in St. Louis, I can see it coming down to Orton and Barrett with this kind of putting their feud to rest.

2. Jericho - I think he should be a surprise entrant like the year Edge won it, but rumors are he's scheduled to be in Memphis next Monday which is where they're holding Raw. Regardless, I don't think he needs to win the Rumble by any means, they can give it to Bryan's opponent to put a notch in his belt. Also, I think we all realize Punk vs Jericho is a done deal for Mania. But Jericho has never won the Rumble, so it'd be one more thing for him to have accomplished.

3. Ziggler - You know how Vince likes to constantly change plans for Mania. So maybe he decides Jericho is more suited to face someone else at Mania and wants to put Dolph against Punk. Or, much more likely, he would challenge for the World Title against Bryan. That's a match I'd love to see and, correct me if I'm wrong, don't believe has happened yet. I don't see Dolph winning a major title until this summer, but I'd love to be wrong.

4. Sheamus - I can see this happening if they have Bryan lose the strap to Barrett or even back to Henry at one of the next 2 ppv's. Sheamus vs. Bryan wouldn't be very interesting, but if he faced Barrett or Henry that's another story. I see Bryan going into Mania as champ though, that's why this is my #4.

5. Orton - The only reason I'm giving this any chance of happening is because it's in his hometown as I mentioned. I fully expect Orton to face Ziggler or Kane at WM28. So he's my wild card, but I have to believe they have other plans for him.
    Last edited by PunkY2JZiggler; 12-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Credit: ilovewrestlinggifs.tumblr.com

Established Veteran

Status

Lessee......I wouldn't mind if the winner was someone new. But at the same time, I don't think it really matters. I mean, really, for four years now (at LEAST), the Royal Rumble has basically earned someone the right to LOSE at Wrestlemania.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Crippler View Post
    Lessee......I wouldn't mind if the winner was someone new.
    You do know we have ha 13 different winners in 13 years?

Underdog

Status

Only real candidates are Jericho, Barrett, Kane, Sheamus or Ziggler... And I would mark for each and every one of them if they were to win.

kiss the ring

Status

Wade and Kane aren't winning. It's either going to be Sheamus or whoever out of Ziggler and Jericho isn't Punk's opponent on the show.

Internet Favorite

Status

dam I was hoping that the 40 man rumble was gonna be used.I hope kane or jerico would win but whatever.
    “In any war, there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith. Days when our allies turn against us...but the day will never come that we forsake
    this planet and its people.”

-Optimus Prime

Underdog

Status

Im actually going to put my plums on the line and physically bet 5 whole pounds on Sheamus winning. the fun is amped up 10 fold when theres a reason to sweat and worry over the outcome.

Established Veteran

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Crocker View Post
    You do know we have ha 13 different winners in 13 years?
    I mean like a new name. Edge won in 2010 (already main eventer and multiple-time world champion). Orton won in 2009 (multiple time world champion, main eventer). Cena won in 2008 (already main eventer, multiple-time world champion). Taker won in 2008 (Legend).

Formerly Chuck Norris

Status

So, now that Orton is expected to be out for up to 6 months, we can discount him from the picture. Thing is now, will WWE use the Rumble to make a star, or make a huge WM main event by having It Begins guy fight the champ. I think we could benefit from Barrett winning and facing Bryan for the WHC at WM.

Their match at Summerslam this year was excellent and with build and something to prove, this could be an amazing match nobody would expect.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Aspergers View Post
    So, now that Orton is expected to be out for up to 6 months, we can discount him from the picture. Thing is now, will WWE use the Rumble to make a star, or make a huge WM main event by having It Begins guy fight the champ. I think we could benefit from Barrett winning and facing Bryan for the WHC at WM.

Their match at Summerslam this year was excellent and with build and something to prove, this could be an amazing match nobody would expect.
    Has it actually come out that Orton will be out for that long?

Also theres no chance Barrett vs Bryan for a World title at Mania.

Thread Information