Thread: NFL Week 17

#unbanlemons

Status

NFL Week 17

The final week of the regular season, and only two games really matter, If Oakland beats San Diego, and Tebow loses, Oakland is in, If Tebow wins, Tebow is in. The winner of the GIants/Cowboys game is in. The Packers, Saints, 49ers and co will most likely rest starters in the second half. So for an otherwise meaningless Week 17, we got two games that matter!

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read

~!~

Status

Re: NFL Week 17

Never thought I'd say this...but GO OAKLAND!

>_>

Too big. Too strong. Too fast. Too good.

-----------------

No

Status

Looks like the Juan Castillo experiment is coming to an end in Philly, reports are that Steve Spagnola (former Giants d-cordinator) is re-joining the Eagles next year.

Creepy Lunatic

Status

Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Rams owner Stan Kroenke plans to fire head coach Steve Spagnuolo after the season. According to Union-Tribune, it is “all but certain” that Spagnuolo will join Andy Reid’s staff as the Eagles’ defensive coordinator.
    There has been and will be much speculation regarding the future of Juan Castillo. The first-year coordinator's season was fraught with early struggles, but his defense has played well of late, allowing just 12 points per game during a three-game winning streak.
    Spagnuolo served as an Eagles assistant from 1999-2006, working with the linebackers and defensive backs, before taking a job as defensive coordinator with the New York Giants.
    In Spagnuolo’s first season on the job in New York, his defensive scheme helped beat Tom Brady and the then 18-0 New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. After his second season with the Giants, Spagnuolo filled the Rams’ head coaching vacancy but has gone just 10-37 at the helm.
    Acee writes that Kroenke plans to bring in Chargers’ current GM A.J. Smith, who is likely to be fired by San Diego after another underachieving season. Smith is then expected to hire Jon Gruden as his head coach in St. Louis. Acee’s sources said that Gruden plans to return to coaching in 2012 and ESPN – Gruden’s current employer – is aware of and prepared for the move.
    Just reports if the Eagles rehire Spagnuolo man the Eagles are looking great.He was on Reid's staff with the all good years we killed offensives coming into our house.If he becomes DC, you know Andy will let with trust his decisions with bringing or letting go of defensive players.I love it, I hope this happens!

We are not really here

Status

Really don't know how to review this season...other than that we have been poor...very poor at times. Great at other's, but this year the bad far outweights the good

btw, you say all other games are "Meaningless"...We can still make the Playoffs. So yeah, J-E-T-S

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Internet Favorite

Status

Damn, Spagnuolo will really help the Eagles defense. But it's been a crazy year the NFL. Not one team is really unbeatable, or in my opinion there is not a clear cut favorite that's ahead of everyone else. I think there are maybe 4-5 teams that above the rest, but we see teams like the Packers last year get momentum heading in and making a run. So I wouldn't be surprised really, well I shouldn't say that I would be surprised just not as much as past years. If this year has proved one thing it's any team can beat any team any day.

#unbanlemons

Status

I'm not really sure what happened with the Rams this year, but I think Spags is a good coach, and whomever St. Louis hires next is probably just going to **** up things worse. Also, no idea what happened in Tampa Bay,.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

~!~

Status

Oh boy, JAKE DELHOMME is in at QB for the Texans.

-----------------

We are not really here

Status

Finding it really hard to find reasons to keep Mark Sanchez as our QB. I don't know who we can get, but I think we definetly need to trade up to get someone in the Draft our just trade or whatever. This guy was horrible today

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Internet Favorite

Status

Not that I stole this from a certain Grantland writer on twitter....but, Did Matt Flynn just kill Aaron Rodger's MVP chances?

We are not really here

Status

Green Bay = 15-1.

Matt Flynn accounts for one of those wins, and that was against a Lions defense who seemed to be playing very poor today (Don't quote me on that, I was watching the Jets game. Just going off the score). Now could Matt Flynn have beat the Saints? I say no.

Aaron Rodgers is one, if not the best QB in the NFL. Has to be MVP

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Internet Favorite

Status

Except MVP isn't for the best player(or one of) it's for the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. Where would a team like the Saints or Patriots be if Brees or Brady wasn't their QB. From today's game it almost looks like GB would still be relatively good with Flynn as their QB. I think it could be either of those three QBs. All three have had great seasons, but I would probably give a slight advantage to Brees, but I don't think they could make a wrong choice. But I could see Flynn's performance possibly hurting Rodger's chances since he came in and it was like Rodgers was still playing.

We are not really here

Status

Yes. That's what I said, without Rodgers at QB, they probably would have lost against the Saints and probably quite a few other teams. If Matt Flynn has 4/5 good games as QB, then you talk. But one game against the Lions isn't enough

HE'S BIG
    HE'S QUICK
    HE'S GOT A 12-INCH DICK
    KOMPANY! KOMPANY!

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzya View Post
    Yes. That's what I said, without Rodgers at QB, they probably would have lost against the Saints and probably quite a few other teams. If Matt Flynn has 4/5 good games as QB, then you talk. But one game against the Lions isn't enough
    I don't know, Flynn didn't just have a good game he played LIGHTS OUT. 480 yards, 6 Touchdowns. Rodgers hasn't even thrown 6 TDs in a game. They still are a very good team without Rodgers, I don't think we can say the same about the Patriots if Hoyer/Mallet took over and the Saints if Chase Daniel had to take over. We would be looking at another Colts team.

~!~

Status

The one week I want SD to lose and Oakland to win so that Tebow doesn't get in the playoffs, the Chargers win. ****ing hell.

-----------------

Internet Favorite

Status

TEBOW WILLS THE CHARGERS INTO A VICTORY!!!!!!!

Sorry I had to.

Internet Favorite

Status

I know my team sucks, but it's very sweet when you can keep that mouthy **** Rex Ryan out of the playoffs.

Creepy Lunatic

Status

Moments away from two bad teams, who have innconsistent all year, fighting for the Division.Should be a slug fest.If either team loses, I put either coach on the hot seat going into the offseason.

#unbanlemons

Status

If the MVP is decided because management actually got a real backup QB(I'm looking at you Indianapolis), it'll be as big of a joke as the Pro Bowl. Your teammates shouldn't establish your value, YOU should.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    If the MVP is decided because management actually got a real backup QB(I'm looking at you Indianapolis), it'll be as big of a joke as the Pro Bowl. Your teammates shouldn't establish your value, YOU should.
    Yea..how Valuable you are to the team. MVP isn't/shouldn't be just for the pure best person. The name itself defeats that argument. Now the only argument I could see is if MVP is for the League and not MVP for a team. I think Brees is more valuable to the Saints but Rodgers is probably much more valuable to the NFL than Brees is, at least this year.

Thread Information