Thread: ROH Baltimore, MD 7/1 TV Tapings Spoilers

Last Real Man Hype

Status

ROH ROH Baltimore, MD 7/1 TV Tapings Spoilers

Baltimore, MD
    January 7, 2012 - 7:00pm
    Du Burns Arena

Proving Ground Match

ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

ROH World TV Championship - No Time Limit

Jay Lethal defends vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Tag Team Challenge Match
    ROH World Champion "American Wolf" Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Singles Action
    "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. Mike Mondo

Special Challenge Match
    "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy vs. TJ Perkins

Grudge Match

Kenny King with Rhett Titus vs. Matt Jackson with Nick Jackson

Scheduled to Appear:
    - Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team
    - "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
    - Steve Corino
    - Adam Cole
    - "The Littlest Lumberjack" Grizzly Redwood

Plus more to be announced soon!
    Last edited by Malcolm Ecstasy; 01-06-2012 at 10:07 AM.

2014 ROH Matches Ranking:

#1. Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles - ROH on SBG 1/2/14
    #2. Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe - Ladder War V
    #3. Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen - Global Wars
    #4. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - 12th Anniversary Show
    #5. Tommaso Ciampa vs. Hanson - 12th Anniversary Show

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1
    #7. Michael Elgin vs. Kevin Steen - Supercard of Honor VIII
    #8. Adam Cole vs. Chris Hero - Ringmaster's Challenge
    #9. The Young Bucks vs. Forever Hooligans vs. The Time Splitters - Global Wars
    #10. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kevin Steen - War of the Worlds

2014 Five Worst ROH Matches Ranking:
    #5. Bobby Fish vs. The Romantic Touch - The Road to Best In The World - Night 1
    #4. Brutal Burgers vs. RD Evans & Moose - Field Of Honor
    #3. The Romantic Touch vs. Caprice Coleman - State of the Art
    #2. Corey Hollis vs. Mike Posey - Top Prospect Tournament (Round 1)
    #1. Alex Reigns vs. Weezy Woo - State of the Art

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: ROH Baltimore, MD 7/1 TV Tapings Spoilers

The New Champs Have A Grudge To Settle In Baltimore

Fresh off winning their 7th Ring of Honor World Tag Team Titles, Jay & Mark Briscoe have told ROH officials they have a small score to settle over a large sum of money with The House of Truth. In Greensboro at “Northern Aggression”, the Briscoes, Roderick Strong, and Michael Elgin were on the losing side of an 8-Man Elimination Tag with a $10,000 prize on the line. Each team has been putting the blame squarely on the shoulders of the other since that night, and as such the new champions want a piece of the HoT ASAP.

“We got our belts back, we’re 7 times now.” Said Jay Briscoe, “But me and Mark got us a little score to settle with Roddy Strong and his boy Elgin about $10,000 missing out of our wallets. Ya’ll dropped the ball for the team boys, and we figure if we can’t get the cash, well then we’ll just have to take it outta your ass. Actually Roddy I got me an idea, a side bet on this match you might say, how about you and Elgin put your paydays for the night up against our money for the night? It ain’t ten grand, but taking your money might feel just as good. What do you say boys? You game?”

Although the Briscoes are champions, given the nature of this contest, it will not be contested under Proving Ground rules, and if the HoT chooses to accept Jay’s offer that is not something under the auspices of ROH.

Ring of Honor hits Baltimore on Saturday January 7, 2012 to tape its first “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV of the new year! It will be ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe versus Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin in a Grudge Tag Team Match. Will HoT agree to Jay’s offer? Stay tuned to ROHWrestling.com for more news on that and to buy tickets click here.
    Hell yeah, Briscoes face turn. Match could be great, but really looking forward to the promo The Briscoes will cut about this match.

Spoiler:

#6. Kevin Steen & The Young Bucks vs. Michael Elgin & The Briscoes - Raising the Bar - Night 1

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

KEVIN STEEN has been added to this show. Buys, ratings, DVDs, money, sales, happiness!

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Kenny King Goes It Alone In Maryland

It was back at “Northern Aggression” on December 4th when The Young Buck assaulted Rhett Titus, and turned a slight meniscus injury into one that had Titus’ doctors recommending surgical repair. Still, Rhett persevered into “Final Battle 2011” where he and ANX partner Kenny King entered into the Tag Team Gauntlet where the winner would earn a tag title opportunity in 2012. 5 teams ran the gauntlet in total but it came down to The YB versus The ANX, and ultimately it was a brutal assault on Titus’ knee that brought the match to a conclusion, forcing the official to stop the bout, and award the match, as well as future title shot, to Matt & Nick Jackson.

In the week following “Final Battle 2011” Titus underwent surgery to repair the damage to his meniscus and began a process of physical therapy that will, ideally, bring him back to action sooner than the doctors are projecting. Meanwhile The Bucks have made no apologies for their actions on Manhattan on December 23rd…

“If you’re looking for an apology,” stated Matt Jackson, “you are definitely knocking on the wrong door. My brother and I do not regret attacking Rhett in the Carolinas, we don’t regret what happened in NYC, and why should we? Why should we feel bad about doing whatever we needed to earn a shot at the ROH tag titles? That is the name of the game after all isn’t it? To earn championships right? It’s not about making friends, shaking hands, and being buddy-buddy with everyone is it? No, it’s about winning. It’s about being the best, and right now it’s about telling everyone in ROH’s tag team division to be very afraid of The Bucks. ANX learned it the hard way and now they are out of the title picture. Nick and I will not pull our punches, we will not hold back ever again; this is just part of a wake-up call to Ring of Honor and I hope EVERY tag team was paying close attention.”

Kenny King contacted ROH officials himself with a special match request for them to put together ASAP:

“Man I get it. I know a little something about trying to take down every body ahead of you, trying to cut to the front of the line like an impatient punk-ass kid at the movie theatre. I’ve been that kid, Rhett has been that kid, and you know what we learned from those days Bucks? It might get you to most attention…being that loud, obnoxious brat jumping up and down waving, your arms, begging to get noticed, but it doesn’t get you respect, it’s attention that don’t last beyond that moment, and it isn’t something that gets you remembered. What gets you remembered is busting your ass, working for what you get, and showing the world that you deserve it…that you earned it. Ya’ll boys ain’t earned jack yet, but I’m going make you. When Rhett is back on his feet, he’ll make you earn it. Until that day comes though that the ANX can fight your punk asses together, I’m going to fight you alone. I don’t give a damn which one of you boys it is, Matty or Nicky, but one of you suckers better show up in Baltimore ready to fight this hungry Pitbull. Rhett will be there in my corner, swinging crutches if he’s got to, will either of you chumps have the nuts to show up and fight?”

The challenge has been issued, ROH officials have consulted with all parties involved, and THIS Saturday January 7th, when ROH hits The Du Burns Arena to tape “Ring of Honor Wrestling” TV, it will be Kenny King with Rhett Titus in his corner squaring off with Matt Jackson with brother Nick in his corner! The ANX vs. YB war is just heating up and another battle goes down this Saturday night! Tickets are available right here.
    Should be interesting seeing a singles Young Bucks match. Good use of TV to explore fresh matches.

Tag Team Challenge Match
    ROH World Champion "American Wolf" Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

Singles Action
    "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards vs. Mike Mondo

Special Challenge Match
    "The Dominant Male" Tommaso Ciampa with The Embassy vs. TJ Perkins

...have all been added, also. Davey in a match with lowcarders shall be refreshing and means no main eventing on TV for a while. Edwards/Mondo and Ciampa/TJP both have strong potential.

- Although he is still recovering from injuries suffered at “Final Battle 2011,” Steve Corino will be in Baltimore this Saturday!

Spoiler:

Evil Admin.

Status

Well, I guess it's good that it's Matt and not Nick. Nick's pretty horrible when it comes to singles matches.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Bennett Gets A Chance In Baltimore!

Mike Bennett and his trainer, Brutal Bob, heralded that 2011 would be “The Year Of The Prodigy” every since his debut here in Ring of Honor. Honestly, he fought hard to make that proclamation come true with a series of strong victories over Steve Corino amongst others, a winning bid in the “Top Prospect Tournament”, and several shots at the ROH TV Title against both Christopher Daniels and current champion Jay Lethal. Yet true success, the kind measured in championships, eluded Bennett throughout the year whether he was standing on his own, or if Brutal Bob was at his side offering “assistance” whenever he could.

When Bennett rolled into “Final Battle 2011”, and the Three Way Elimination TV Title match against Lethal & El Generico, it was truly his last opportunity to fulfill that New Year’s Proclamation. With Brutal Bob in his corner, and girlfriend Maria Kanellis at his side, Bennett scored the first pinfall of the contest and eliminated El Generico, only to fall victim moments later to Jay Lethal’s handspring cutter, and lose in his last title bid of 2011.

“Favoritism and preferential treatment.” Stated Bennett, “That is what I was a victim of in New York, and it’s what I was a victim of when I fought Lethal one-on-one in Kentucky. I have always been under the impression that there is a standard thirty second rest period between falls in these styles of matches. So to say I was shocked when Lethal caught me is an understatement and how the referee counted three rather than disqualify Jay and strip him of the title is beyond me. Look at his record so far, and it screams of how Lethal has gotten by thus far on luck and blatant favoritism by ROH officials. Whereas I have proven myself time and again, and yet I am still…still…subject to this behavior. I don’t deserve that. No, what I deserve is a fair shot at the TV Title that has been mine by right since Lethal and I fought in Louisville. A fair shot, is that something Ring of Honor is even capable of providing me?”

Well ROH officials, as much sick of Bennett’s complaining as everyone else, have decided to put it all to rest this Saturday night in Baltimore when ROH tapes additional episodes of “Ring of Honor Wrestling”. It will be ROH World TV Champion Jay Lethal defending his title against “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett with NO TIME LIMIT. This is Bennett’s opportunity to finally back up his boasting, and it’s Lethal chance to put Bennett’s title aspirations (and incessant complaining) to rest…at least for the time being.

Lethal vs. Bennett, TV Title on the line, No Time Limit. It goes down this Saturday night, January 7th at the Du Burns Arena in Baltimore, MD. Tickets for this TV Taping are available right now!
    Was hoping this feud was done with. If Maria doesn't show up, I don't care about this match.

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Devon Storm defeated Antonio Thomas
    In a dark match before the tapings, Devon Storm (who was Crowbar back in WCW) defeated Antonio Thomas (who, if it is the Antonio Thomas I expect it is, was one half of the awful Heartthrobs tag team in WWE).

First Show Taping

Eddie Edwards defeated Mike Mondo
    Edwards was in the ring for the first time since his disappointing loss to Davey Richards at 'Final Battle 2011'. He faced off against OVW regular and a man who has competed in ROH sporadically for some time, Mike Mondo. The crowd were heavily behind Edwards and didn't show much appreciation towards Mondo apart from a 'Spirit Squad' chant. Edwards eventually won the with the 2K1 bomb.

Roderick Strong defeated Ricky Reyes
    Strong defeated the returning Chris Hero at Final Battle and faced off against another familiar name to ROH fans – Ricky Reyes. Reyes was once part of the Havana Pitbulls tag team alongside Rocky Romero and was a Tag Team champion. It was said that the crowd didn't get into Reyes with many not knowing who he was seeing as he hasn't been a mainstay in ROH since 2005/06. Strong's power moves got a lot of heat from the crowd and he eventually won after reversing a rollup and grabbing a handful of tights.

Matt Jackson w/Nick Jackson defeated Kenny King w/Rhett Titus
    The All Night Express will have to wait for their Tag Title opportunity as Titus is currently on the shelf after knee surgery. The ANX/Bucks feud continued with a singles match between Matt Jackson and Kenny King. This match got better as it went on and included plenty of big moves and fast paced action. Matt stole the win when Nick hit King with Titus' crutch as he was trying to do a springboard move. After the match, referees had to keep both teams apart as the Bucks taunted ANX.

Second Show Taping

Tommaso Ciampa w/The Embassy defeated TJ Perkins
    Ciampa is still undefeated in ROH after defeating Jimmy Rave at 'Final Battle 2011'. Here, he faced a much different task as he faced the lightning quick TJ Perkins. This was said to be another good match with some good action although the Embassy did interfere on several occasions. The constant interference led to Ciampa getting the victory with the 'Project Ciampa'.

Michael Elgin w/Truth Martini defeated Grizzly Redwood
    Michael Elgin has been very impressive over the last few months and won the annual Survival of the Fittest tournament to earn himself an ROH World Title shot. This match was initially going to be Devon Storm facing Grizzly but before the match, Truth Martini offered Storm $500 for Elgin to take the match or he would receive a beating. He accepted and Elgin destroyed Grizzly and ended up winning with the spinning sit-out powerbomb.

Davey Richards & Kyle O'Reilly defeated Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander
    It would seem Richards and protégée O'Reilly will be teaming up more often and took on ROH's newest tag team, C&C Wrestle Factory. A match that had some more good action with all four men showing how athletic they were. O'Reilly and Richards won the match with a doublestomp and guillotine. Richards got on the mic afterwards and put over C&C, he also said he and O'Reilly were 'Team Ambition'. Eddie Edwards came out and applauded the victors.

Third Show Taping

ROH WORLD TV TITLE MATCH
    Jay Lethal defeated Mike Bennett w/Brutal Bob and Maria

This match was said to be the best of the night so far. Bennett had his third opportunity at Lethal's title. ROH Officials said this was Bennett's chance to put up or shut up. The match was fast paced and had plenty of action but it was Bennett's girlfriend Maria who would cause him to lose the match. She caused a distraction but Lethal used it to his advantage and slipped out of a loose cover to rollup Bennett for the win.

Kevin Steen cut a promo promising he will win the ROH World Title. Jim Cornette and a group of ROH Officials interrupted. Cornette banned the package piledriver but Steen said that won't affect him and when he's champion, there's nothing he can do.

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    The Briscoes defeated Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

WGTT came out for a promo and demanded a rematch from Final Battle but Cornette said they had no time. WGTT said they would hold the show hostage until they got a rematch and the Briscoes obliged. The match was just picking up some speed when Haas kicked Jay Briscoe into a steel chair held by Benjamin – WGTT were really pushing the heel thing. The match ended in a DQ and Cornette fined them again. Benjamin responded by saying “It was worth it, I've got a lot of money!”

Fourth Show Taping

Eddie Edwards defeated Kyle O'Reilly
    After the earlier exchange between Edwards and 'Team Ambition', this was always on the cards. The match was said to be fast paced, stiff with lots of great chain wrestling from both men – a typical 'old school' type ROH match. Edwards won the match with a rollup. Whilst Edwards had O'Reilly in an ankle lock, Richards came out to support his man which led to Cole coming out too. After the match, Edwards invited Cole to form a tag team with him and challenged 'Team Ambition' to a match.

Mike Mondo fought Matt Taven to a draw
    Mike Mondo pulls double duty tonight as he faces off against Matt Taven. The crowd were not into this one at all and Mondo once more got a bad reaction. Enter Kevin Steen who stormed the ring and laid out both men with the F5 (which seems to be his new finisher) saying these two men shouldn't be having a match when he's waiting to return. Steve Corino appeared at the timekeeper's table but officials made sure they were kept apart.

Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong w/Truth Martini defeated The Briscoes
    The Briscoes were still smarting from the money they lost by being on the losing team in the eight-man elimination match at 'Northern Aggression'. The brothers wanted to be paid by the HoT after beating them but that wouldn't be the case. After several interferences from Martini and general unsportsmanlike behaviour, Jay marched to the back and brought out a baseball bat which he then used as they got DQ'd.
    @ "Team Ambition". That's going to be so awesome once Davey/O'Reilly actually turn heel, which they'd better. I love that my idea of switching the teams to Eddie/Cole and Davey/O'Reilly is happening. The Kevin Steen stuff HAS to be him turning face against heel ROH management. I think I could enjoy WGTT a lot more as heels. Glad Maria seems to be sticking around with Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Sapolsky on Twitter
    "I am so biting my lip after reading some spoilers tonight. It's like Bill Watts booking WCW all over again."

"You know when there is a great movie and then they do a remake of the original and the name is the same.....I'll bite my tongue"
    Lol at bitchy Gabe. Something must've happened to strike his bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Steen on Twitter
    "Spoilers from ROH's tv taping: O'Reilly did kicks, Davey used submission holds, I said a lot of awesome ****."

Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

I really like the idea of Benjamin saying that it was worth it since he has alot of money. That's actually pretty great.

And though i do think Gabe is coming off bitchy. ROH went down a few notches product wise once he left. ROH has never been the same. even has strong as 2010 was 2006-2008 kills it.

What was he referring to?

Evil Admin.

Status

I imagine Gabe is referring to the Steen/Cornette thing being similar to the Homicide/Cornette program in 2006.

Thread Information