Page 1 of 20 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 NBA Season Discussion

#unbanlemons

Status

2011 NBA Season Discussion

Christmas has come and gone, and I got a Bulls win under my tree. DRose with the clutch jumper to silence LA. Lakers played pretty well considering all of the hoopla surrounding them.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Shoryuken View Post
    it's hard to read

Why not life

Status

Re: 2011 NBA Season Discussion

The Bulls are on the cuff of being really great, and the Kobe needs some fire power if they want to compete in the West.My Sixers play tonight against the Trailblazers at 10 pm Eastern Time, Sixers have a great chance to win especially after Brandon Roy retired.

#unbanlemons

Status

except they replaced Brandon Roy with Jamal Crawford, upgraded Andre Miller to Raymond Felton, and still have Batum, Wallace, Aldridge and Camby.. Sure Oden is out, but they played most of last year without Oden or Roy anyway. Mathews is just as good, if not better at the 2. The Blazers are a pretty deep team. I mean, Felton/Johnson, Matthews/Crawford, Wallace/Batum, Aldridge/C.Smith, Camby/Kurt Thomas isn't bad at all.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

Why not life

Status

Greg Oden is out for an extended period of time with a knee injury – again – leaving the bulk of the post duties to veterans Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas. With Camby, who is nursing a sore knee, entering his 16th season and Thomas embarking on his 17th, who knows how much the duo has left, especially with the rigors of a shortened season.Despite having the athletes to get to the basket, the Blazers can often fall in love with the jump shot. If the Sixers can take advantage of misses and push the fast break on the rather slow-tempo Portland group, they could quiet that rowdy Rose Garden crowd with a win.

Red is A Boss

Status

I just hope the Suns can make some moves to get better for the future...I don't have much hope for them this year

No

Status

Bulls fans shouldn't take too much joy in their win considering the Lakers were without Bynum, and the Bulls only won by one. A win is a win but context needs to be considered.

The Tank starts tonight for the Raps/Cavs

Status

Grizzlies/Spurs is the game that really interest me tonight.

And Rose's shot last night that won the game was damn surprising, really nice shot from the MVP. Don't think Kobe was expecting a double team right off the inbound pass, which is why it led to the turnover and the game winning shot.

#unbanlemons

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Greg Oden is out for an extended period of time with a knee injury – again – leaving the bulk of the post duties to veterans Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas. With Camby, who is nursing a sore knee, entering his 16th season and Thomas embarking on his 17th, who knows how much the duo has left, especially with the rigors of a shortened season.Despite having the athletes to get to the basket, the Blazers can often fall in love with the jump shot. If the Sixers can take advantage of misses and push the fast break on the rather slow-tempo Portland group, they could quiet that rowdy Rose Garden crowd with a win.
    if you're going to copy and paste stuff, at least quote a source son, and if you don't want to quote the source, don't copy it word for word, it's pretty pathetic. Either way, I'd say Camby fared quite well today, 6/13/6 is pretty usual for him, well minus the six assists. Aldridge beasted. and from the 5-10 minutes of the game that I watched, Blazers just looked like a team that wanted it more.

Also, for those who don't believe it's a copy-pasta job
    Breaking down Sixers' five-game road trip

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

Bitch...

Status

Wow

Bulls played terrible tonight. They usually do in Oakland though for some reason. Warriors are going to be a surprise this year. Look good with Ellis, Curry, and Lee as well as Mark Jackson as their new coach. As long as KWAME Brown doesn't bring them down, I could see them making the playoffs in a surprise.

----------------

-----------------

No

Status

I think the opposite I see the Warriors bombing, Jackson is a person who has never coached...at any level, he's all motivation and hype no discernible coaching knowledge. I like the Kwame signing though.

Bitch...

Status

You LIKE the Kwame signing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYFNhjVWQKk

----------------

-----------------

#unbanlemons

Status

At seven mil, it's a bit much, but consider there wasn't much better available FA, and he's still a guy that can rebound and defend fairly well. It's not as horrendous as some people are making it out to be. If it was like the Darko contract(long and expensive) i could see more ridicule, but it's not like the Warriors were going to use the seven mil on someone else this season.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

No

Status

It's a 1 year contract...he's tall, big and can defend...the Warriors do not need scoring they need defense and Kwame provides that, had it been 2 years 14 million it would be bad, 3 years horrendous etc etc...but it's 1 year, and there are very few instances when a 1 year contract is ever bad (unless you know he just explodes this season and the Warriors can't lock him up long term...but that's not happening.)

Status

I would've thought the Warriors would've spent more time developing Biedrins, or even amnestying him after signing Kwame Brown. I think a seven million dollar contract is a bit too much for Kwame, maybe four or five million would be around the right level of cash.

The defending champions are not looking too good after last night, the loss to the Nuggets wasn't too surprising but the amount of points they were behind during some points of the game were just really.....wow.

No

Status

Biedrins is in his 7th or 8th season development is over it's time to deliver...and he is what he is, an ok defender that can't make a layup (much less a free throw).

I was super impressed by Rubio, watching the highlights and parts of the game against the Thunder he was impressive. He even hit two open jumpers and had some amazing passes that will surely be on the Top 10 at the end of the year list. Don't think he'll put up the numbers to win ROY though, I see that going to Tristan Thompson or Derrick Williams (maybe Kemba...maybe)

Free Agent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suffy View Post
    Don't think he'll put up the numbers to win ROY though, I see that going to Tristan Thompson or Derrick Williams (maybe Kemba...maybe)
    Judging by what I've seen so far, and from his college days, ROY most likely will NOT be Kyrie Irving. It's still early, but I just don't think he will make any real impact. I certainly didn't think he was deserving of the #1 pick, not even in that weak draft class. I could be very wrong, but from his college days till what I see now, there is nothing that tells me he will ever be anything better than a mid-level talent.

I think Kemba will do well. He will make a fine shooting guard, but I can't see him ever efficiently running the point. I think Williams (who should have been the #1 pick) will develop into a great player.

The guy who I think will eventually be considered the best player from this draft is Kenneth Faried. I'm not sure it will happen for him in Denver, but in 5 years time, I really think people will look back at the 2011 draft class and say Faried was the best in the class. An outstanding athlete, great basketball I.Q., a freak rebounded with unlimited potential. He wont win Rookie of the Year, but I see him eventually being considered the best from his draft class.

Status

Two games into the season and we get a 30-20 game from Love...honestly I won't be surprised if they're fighting for the eighth seed.

And if the Heat don't win the championship this year, they never WILL win a championship in the next few years.

Free Agent

Status

Who would have thought Norris Cole would have been the most valuable player on the Miami Heat so far?

I's say he is on the watch list for Rookie of the Year for sure. As for this second, he would have to be considered the early favorite (very early though).

Status

Rooting for my Knicks tonight against the Lakers. After the loss to GSW, I'm really hoping the Knicks can rebound with a huge road win. Lakers have been off and they don't have Bynum, so the Knicks do have somewhat of a chance. Hopefully Chandler can start DOING SOMETHING IN A GAME.

#unbanlemons

Status

I was gonna say ib4 everyone overrates Norris Cole on one game, but I missed that boat. If it's one things NBA fans are fantastic at, it's looking at players in vacuums.

#UnbanLemons

Team Panda

it's hard to read

Thread Information