Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUN DUN DUN!!!! The WC Awards are back!!

Undead Admin

Status
    Vcash

Cheers DUN DUN DUN!!!! The WC Awards are back!!

Yes that's right folks. After a 18 month hiatus we are bringing back the WC awards! The WC awards have had more requests than the CM Punk ice cream bars so it's time for the voiceless to have a voice.

Truth be told, handing out awards became a bit of a hassle as there is alot that goes into the voting, but more so the actual handing out of the awards. It just seemed like the same dudes winning it over and over it was just not that much fun to do.

Well, there are a ton of new members now and alot of the people that have won dozens of awards have moved on or need some new company, That's where you guys come in.

All awards will be handed out by the Smod and Admin team except when a public voted award. We will run this the same way we run the Hall Of Fame voting. You the members nominate people in the catagories that are applicable to you and we will choose the winner from your top 5 nominees. Top 5 noms per category will be sent to the Orange and Black team.

*EDIT PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WC MONTHLY AWARDS HAVE BEEN CUT DOWN TO QUARTERLY AWARDS, MEANING THEY ARE NOW HANDED OUT 4 TIMES A YEAR TO AVOID BURNOUT*

Good luck and NO you can't nominate yourself. donkey.

You must have 100 posts to send in nominations or be eligible to be nominated.

You have send in nominations until December 20th at 6pm EST.

WC Member of the Year - This will be a public vote by the members, but please send in your top 5 so I can create a poll later.
    Prior Winners: PS, DD, Tyler Durden, Chewy, Freak, Jim, Welbek

Best Poster
    - This award is for the person that creates great consistent posts as well as overall good person to have as a fellow member. (staff awarded from top 5 noms)
    Prior Winners: God, James Deuce, Tyler Durden, Dakstang, Jayman

Member of the Quarter
    - This member has shown displayed good threads, replies and overall contribution to all forums.
    Prior Winners: PS, Marketh, James Deuce, Dakstang, Freak, Jayman, Sawyer, Jim, King Steventon, Number Nine (yes seriously), Doom, Makaveli (who?), The Brain, RaiZ-R, Big Papa, Tommy Rage, Roxy

WWE Poster of the Quarter
    - This person loves John Cena and Papa Shango but refuses to wear facepaint to live events. No wait, this is just for the best WWE poster.
    Prior Winners: Captain Aspergers, PS, Tyler Durden, Crocker, Jim, King Steventon, cerebralassain1987, RaiZ-R, KTK, Tommy Rage, neXus, iamthedestroyer

General/Indy Poster of the Quarter - Self explanatory,
    Prior Winners: Bon, Marketh, King Steventon

TNA Poster of the Quarter - See above
    Prior Winners: God, Griff0rd, factum1, RaiZ-R, Tommy Rage, neXus, Silver Savior, The Natural

Non-Wrestling Poster of the Quarter This member has shown displayed good threads, replies and overall contribution to the non wrestling related forums.
    Prior Winners: James Deuce, Dakstang, Necro, Inogenius, Suntan Superman, NooDLE, CM Diddy, Doom, Troy

MMA Poster of the Quarter
    . These members make the MMA forum feel like a rage in the cage.
    Prior Winners: Brian Moser, Suffy, Dmac, Big Papa

Best Newbie Award: This member has been noticed right away for their great new contributions to WC.
    Prior Winners: Angelique, kertonl, Dr. Proxy, Paydiry, John, RaiZ-R, King Itchweed, Big Papa, Crest Fall, anternative-lad, Mark Bradford, Silver Savior, Y 2 Jake, Roxy, Phoenix, Jewbear, Welbek

Comeback Member of the Quarter This member has been fairly inactive lately and has made a postive and noticeable comeback to regain their 1337 status.
    Prior Winners: Hammer, Ajax, ChosenOne, Miakal, Tyler Durden, Slim, Vayne, Kizza, CGS, King Steventon, KTK, Troy, N. Quncy Talent, Coxatron

Best Shouter:
    Some people just can't help but chat their whole day away. Here you can be rewarded for it.
    (Only members with shoutbox access may nominate in this category.) If you are interested in gaining shotbox access click the "Go Platinum" button. Or edit subscriptions in your UserCP.
    Prior Winners: Guardian Devil, Twist of Lemon, PS, WackJako, Mikk, Duke, Suntan Superman, Balla, Paulzo

Top Staff Member: (NEW) This staff member has contributed beyond the call of duty and is always there for WC.
    Prior Winners: Necro

WC Soldier. This member has gotten the most referalls that turned into good members. This member uses WC as their primary forum as well. Quality over quantity counts here.(not handed out all the time). If there is a certain member that brought you here by you enjoying their posts or because they asked you to join, please state who and why. Also, please only submit one name.
    Prior Winners: Guardian Devil, PS, James Deuce, Jewbear, Goldberg, CuttingEDGE

We will be deactivating a lot of the Bronze awards or they will only be handed out when appliable (for example there is a Fantasy Football champion award. All people will still have their old awards grandfathered in.

Thanks and happy voting.

DD
    Last edited by Rick Grimes; 12-14-2011 at 09:54 AM.

Status
    Vcash

Re: DUN DUN DUN!!!! The WC Awards are back!!

time to become 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time, 5 time shouter of the month champion

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

So when it comes to say WWE poster of the month, that's all we're voting them for, their impact in December, not in the whole of 2011.

Rep this man

Status
    Vcash

Finally!

Although I can't see myself even being nominated for anything, I think it's about time Eddy get's some love.

King Of WrestlingClique 2013
    KOWC 2014 Coming to a forum near you very soon.... I think... Ask Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Maybe it's the generation gap I have with people on some forums probably not here, I say this site has a great value of intelligent members in every section of the forum but a little frustrated let me tell you the story. As you know I'm apart of a shit load of forums and one of them seems to be in chaos. You have a Owner who barely is on the site these days, and only made one Global Moderator for the forum. It seems the chaos has gotten so bad members mostly younger members are using racist and gay slurs to their answers in debate. Legit I saw three threads where members put f***** and that's it. Yesterday I rage over these members I basically told them to stop that, it gives no value to what you're saying in a post. No one will take you seriously if you using such words just to say it. Shoot even the sb is a jungle full of chaos with the same situation. I came to the G-Mod and said hey you're in charge of this forum, you let shit go under the rug why did I say that? Well last week a member came into my LD for Impact and spoiled the whole show for most people. I went in the sb for the forum and said hey man this guy is fucking up the experience for people in the sb can you do something. He pretty much knew this member and told me he's done this before so I'm thinking it took me to say something for you to act? Also a month ago I had a problem with a member named Nero where randomly out of no where he puts racist pics of Hispanic doing crimes, eating Tacos etc! I was like one I never talked about this guy the purpose of this. Again this G-Mod knew about his antics as well as Puls3 the Admin. A month before this I told the Admin he was a problem putting down new members left and right. Thank God I screencaped his actions and he hasn't been there since. Okay now back to the Global Mod I took it twitter and told the guy straight up you don't act because you love the slurping of your dick from members. He's doesn't want to mend fences pretty much and besides setting up a league for the forum for WWE 2k14 he does nothing for the forum. Now I want to talk to Puls3 personally because his rules are being broken left and right and his staff in charge is doing nothing by joining in the fun. I have a plan to get two or three other staff members who I think will be fair and firm when needed should I talk to him. I know I'm taking it seriously but I love this forum like I love this forum and I don't want it to be spoiled like Milk you feel me? Also on twitter and on the forum a bunch of little kids came to box with me when I was speaking my mind and I told them grow some hair on your chest before talking to me lol

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status
    Vcash

Maybe it'd be good to make this a yearly award thing or bi-annual?

You know as well as anyone that handing these awards out can be highly irritating DD. Doing it every month might just be a little overkill!

Nice to see them back though.

Don't play the odds, play the man!

Dos A Cero

Status
    Vcash

I suggested quarterly personally.

Also, moar Sour Lem0nz

Undead Admin

Status
    Vcash

Yes, Ed. It is a cummulative award, so "Of the Month" is a bit misleading. I will go ahead and rephrase that.

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    I suggested quarterly personally.

Also, moar Sour Lem0nz
    But only Lems ever won that. Who would replace him?

Don't play the odds, play the man!

Evil Admin.

Status
    Vcash

What period of time should we consider for the Best Newbie Award? Do we go back and find the best newbie of 2011 or just find the best of this last quarter?

Last quarter would be a little less predictable.

Rep this man

Status
    Vcash

I'm not even eligible for that!

Nightmare

King Of WrestlingClique 2013
    KOWC 2014 Coming to a forum near you very soon.... I think... Ask Nicky

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo Uchiha View Post
    Maybe it's the generation gap I have with people on some forums probably not here, I say this site has a great value of intelligent members in every section of the forum but a little frustrated let me tell you the story. As you know I'm apart of a shit load of forums and one of them seems to be in chaos. You have a Owner who barely is on the site these days, and only made one Global Moderator for the forum. It seems the chaos has gotten so bad members mostly younger members are using racist and gay slurs to their answers in debate. Legit I saw three threads where members put f***** and that's it. Yesterday I rage over these members I basically told them to stop that, it gives no value to what you're saying in a post. No one will take you seriously if you using such words just to say it. Shoot even the sb is a jungle full of chaos with the same situation. I came to the G-Mod and said hey you're in charge of this forum, you let shit go under the rug why did I say that? Well last week a member came into my LD for Impact and spoiled the whole show for most people. I went in the sb for the forum and said hey man this guy is fucking up the experience for people in the sb can you do something. He pretty much knew this member and told me he's done this before so I'm thinking it took me to say something for you to act? Also a month ago I had a problem with a member named Nero where randomly out of no where he puts racist pics of Hispanic doing crimes, eating Tacos etc! I was like one I never talked about this guy the purpose of this. Again this G-Mod knew about his antics as well as Puls3 the Admin. A month before this I told the Admin he was a problem putting down new members left and right. Thank God I screencaped his actions and he hasn't been there since. Okay now back to the Global Mod I took it twitter and told the guy straight up you don't act because you love the slurping of your dick from members. He's doesn't want to mend fences pretty much and besides setting up a league for the forum for WWE 2k14 he does nothing for the forum. Now I want to talk to Puls3 personally because his rules are being broken left and right and his staff in charge is doing nothing by joining in the fun. I have a plan to get two or three other staff members who I think will be fair and firm when needed should I talk to him. I know I'm taking it seriously but I love this forum like I love this forum and I don't want it to be spoiled like Milk you feel me? Also on twitter and on the forum a bunch of little kids came to box with me when I was speaking my mind and I told them grow some hair on your chest before talking to me lol

21-1

Status
    Vcash

Glad to see these back I remember they were getting pointless at one point but with a bunch of new members its good to have them back. Not expecting to win anything but whatever. Can already see who may win certain sections.

21-1
    EAT. SLEEP. BREAK THE STREAK

GMT Admin

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by The Nash View Post
    I think it's about time Eddy get's some love.
    And Shocky, and Fuji etc etc

Thanks for the clarification DD.

@Jim, Yeah best newcomer of the 2011 would be very predictable, and he's probably going to walk away with many awards anyway, then again it's slim pickings for a good newcomer from the past 3 months, I think we scared Dustin off.

COWABUNGA!!!

Status
    Vcash

Awesome can't wait, but I barely been here less than 6 months, probably barely anyone knows me.

“Remember the message... the future is not set.
    There is not fate but what we make for ourselves.-Kyle Reese

Cliff 'Em All

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    And Shocky, and Fuji etc etc

Thanks for the clarification DD.

@Jim, Yeah best newcomer of the 2011 would be very predictable, and he's probably going to walk away with many awards anyway, then again it's slim pickings for a good newcomer from the past 3 months, I think we scared Dustin off.
    Fuji I presume? If so I totally agree.

Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T

Status
    Vcash

totally talking about me aren't you guys

Its Cold Outside

Status
    Vcash

No.

Looking to be a 3 time winner of the best shouter award

RIP Warrior

*TBA* SMOD

Status
    Vcash

There's many people around here deserving of these awards, so I would consider it an honour just to be nominated for any of them.

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    No.

Looking to be a 3 time winner of the worst shouter award
    fixed

flexin

Status
    Vcash

Damn I wish I did something worth nominating now, but yes Fuji will take some easy.

Its Cold Outside

Status
    Vcash

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    fixed
    There isn't an award for that so hah.

RIP Warrior

Thread Information